Name Three Things - 2024

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Stopped at the pet store this morning and found a Cub grocery gift card in the parking lot . Only had $4 something left on it, but free money. Booked a remote parking spot for our trip and printed out copies of everything. It is still a ways off but I feel better knowing it’s done. Tomorrow is family Easter at my sister’s.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Stopped at the pet store this morning and found a Cub grocery gift card in the parking lot . Only had $4 something left on it, but free money. Booked a remote parking spot for our trip and printed out copies of everything. It is still a ways off but I feel better knowing it’s done. Tomorrow is family Easter at my sister’s.
Cant believe how time flies and here it is ,your trip is so close now- wow,seemed so far away when you started walking the mall,lol

What is a remote parking space?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We watched the rest of the Season 3 and started Season 4 of Northern Exposure last night. Up until 1:00. I finally fell asleep a little after 2:00, only to wake up around 5:00 to pee. Back to bed until 7:00, when the girls started yelling at me.
  • Breakfast for the girls, ran the dishwasher on the 1:00 cycle (not that many dishes and mainly cat stuff), and went back to bed. Back up, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, and ran one load of laundry.
  • I want to do a quick vacuum swiffer, etc. today as our Easter dinner will be tomorrow with son and granddaughter.
  • Make the broccoli salad tonight for tomorrow. Rick will make his cheesecake; it's a chocolate chip cheesecake for him and the kids.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Cant believe how time flies and here it is ,your trip is so close now- wow,seemed so far away when you started walking the mall,lol

What is a remote parking space?
A parking lot a couple miles from the airport. Half the price of parking at the airport and free shuttles that take you from your car to the airport and back. I used these every time I was on a business trip. No walking thru dark airport parking ramps alone at night. The remote shuttle instead drops you off right at your car and in winter they would wait to see that your car started.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had a great time with our son and granddaughter. Son and Rick visited with Evelyn at the nursing home. Granddaughter and I played Cat-opoly while they were gone. She and I made dinner. And then, after dinner, she got her Cricut out and taught me how to use it. She put paw prints on my iPad cover. Really cute!
Today is a rainy, bleak day. I think it's to be like this pretty much all week.
  • Breakfast for the girls at 6:00, emptied the dishwasher, made Dear Richard's coffee, and went back to bed.
  • Changed the bed sheets
  • Doctor appt this afternoon
  • Appt to get our taxes done
  • I'll sort laundry in the bathroom tonight to do tomorrow morning.
  • Still working on Northern Exposure at night. The last couple of nights, we went to bed to watch it, under the electric blanket. With all 3 girls. Nice and cozy.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Call for appointment to get oil change and new brakes
Make out grocery list and set up pick up for tomorrow
Do several loads of laundry
Remember to put September's vet appointments on the calendar so I don't forget.

Purrfect Meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Work
Call for appointment to get oil change and new brakes
Make out grocery list and set up pick up for tomorrow
Do several loads of laundry
Remember to put September's vet appointments on the calendar so I don't forget.
I'm speaking for cats everywhere, OH NO vet appointments!!! In my house you have to spell the word "Vet" and even then no one wants to get in their carrier. ;)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm speaking for cats everywhere, OH NO vet appointments!!! In my house you have to spell the word "Vet" and even then no one wants to get in their carrier. ;)
I give them Rescue Remedy about 30 minutes before we leave and it's easier to get them in the carriers and they are much calmer throughout the whole experience.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I never had any cats of my own that didn't go in a carrier- Timmy will be " my own" first but now that he's been exploring the front room he sees the others going in it so he'll learn it's a nice place

Of course I've had many clients with loading issues but because the cats only associate the carrier with being removed from their territory to God Knows where

Gotta make it a fun place and then a place to go for little trips within the territory and back to the place of entry at first- just like training a cat it's fine to be picked up off the ground by putting him back exactly where you got him......

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Another bleak day. Waiting for the rain to begin again. Rick is out for his walk, for the first time this week. We're under a flood warning. Schools left out early yesterday because they were worried about buses not being able to get through roads along creek beds. The creeks are rising, as is the Susquehanna.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made Rick's coffee, and went back to bed.
  • Straightened-up in the kitchen and living room, did a quick swiffer.
  • Another doctor appt this afternoon.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been scrambling all week to get Willow set up with new food. She has been increasingly vomiting in the morning and before I scheduled a vet visit, I did protein eliminations. It appears at this point that she has developed a food allergy to chicken and turkey. I never realized that one or the other is present in a majority of cat foods. Sticking with duck seems to end vomiting but she isnt particularly happy with the wet food so I have been shopping for not only duck wet and dry food but also chicken free toppers and treats. We will give it a few weeks and see how it goes and how well she adjusts.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies.

Friend is coming tomorrow, with genuine Carolina pulled pork barbecue and I said I'd do sides and dessert. Promised potato salad, thinking of something with sweet potatoes (?casserole maybe.) Beets? Thinking of making a pound cake (actually half of recipe so half-pound cake) for tomorrow. Thawed a package of pitted sour cherries to accompany cake.

Need to go to feed & mercantile for bird seed this afternoon. They're really working on the feeders.

Want to go to Branch Brook Park for the flowering cherry trees. This week should be peak. But . . . tomorrow is the eclipse (we should have 80%) with rain forecast for Wednesday / Thursday / Friday. Which leaves Tuesday as the option. If friend can get the day off.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're going to have to call to set up an appt to have septic tanks pumped out. That means digging the tank out in the back yard. We do have a collar and cover for one of the tanks and we really should buy another for the other tank. It would really save on digging.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, made Dear Richard's coffee.
  • One load of laundry this morning.
  • General straightening-up in the kitchen and bathroom.
  • Working on a grocery list for Sam's and a list for a Penzeys order.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is working outside this afternoon. He's planning on mowing the back yard and then working up in the garden. We're hoping to get the peas planted later on this week.
  • I'm working on a couple loads of laundry
  • Vacuum, swiffer, wipe bathroom, clean kitchen
  • We're almost finished with Season 4 of Northern Exposure.
  • I ordered some spring/summer garden flags. Our old ones got pretty ragged last year and I threw them all out.