Name Three Things - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Painted 2 more shelves today,I want to take down my cats suction cup window hammocks in the front room and put window shelves instead like I have in my bedroom-the hammocks are great but those dang suction cups are a pain even with the adhesive tapes

Practiced knitting for some time

I do so many chores everyday so today I'm going to watch some movies and relax

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was Mass, regular stuff, and then watched the basketball game with a friend. A few phone calls.,
Today is:
regular morning stuff-- including Geoffrey meds
having coffee with some friends
Not really interested in this, but go to an 'Eclipse Event' in my building.
Leftovers for supper: Grilled salmon, rice pilaf, coleslaw.

I really have to do a good clean out of litter box and litter genie. I am thinking of ordering replacements. I usually get replacements, yearly due to them seeming to keep the stink in them. I do not have access to the outside to wash them and let them air dry in the sun.. the best way to dry.. So I replace them, yearly. I think these are over a year old.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, yesterday did not turn out as planned.. does it ever??? Nope, never a dull moment.

I was having coffee with a couple of friends. Then we broke up; Pat wanting to see my curtains. We went upstairs. Got a call from Donna that one of the tenants was on the ground, about 100 yards away. He has substance abuse issues and looked horrible yesterday morning. Donna call 911 while in her car. We ran out there--- only because we are 'mushes'.. Sully, when in a sober stretch is a good guy. He never gave me any problems. He always offered to help me. So, I guess I felt obligated??? Who knows, but Pat and myself just went on automatic pilot, thing the same thing-- just to help someone.

The EMT's were already there. Sully had no ID on him. We told them where he lived. He did a number on his face. He claimed his knee went out on him.--- but he also had the DT's.
I asked about his dog--- a very sweet, loving cross between a long haired curly daschund and a golden retriever. He said he had food but needed to be taken out. Pat and I love that dog. We just had to help..

Long story short: took over an hour to find a collar in Sully's apartment. We were both anxious about how the dog would accept us-- IF he would, but the door was open, and Shamus was wagging his tail, rubbing us when we came in. No barking, no snarling-- nothing. We could not find his harness. We searched. We found a couple of leashes. So, off we went with Shamus. I took hold because the dog is strong-- still a puppy mind, about 1.5 years old. Pat is about 1/2 my size. Left the dog with 2 bowls of fresh water, a good amount of dry food, with a bag down on the floor-- where Sully left it. If he needed more food, He could dig into the bag for it.

Property management got involved. Called the ICE number--no answer.. It is Sullys sister who is dying from cancer. Dam.. We were worried about the dog. I seriously thought about taking him home--- but GEOFFREY!! No way.. Pat was about to take him home. Her husband actually expected her to walk in with the dog. We are both CAT people.. What do we know about a dog? expect food, poops, pees, and walks.

Finally found someone who had Sully's ex's telephone number. I left a message. She could not come down immediately. She was going to call property management for the dog. She loves him also. If no one was able to take the dog, before the end of the business day, Animal Control would be contacted. DAM... Property management locked Sully's door, and told me not to get any further involved. DAM.. They said they have a procedure in place and to let them handle things. I heard this is not the first time they had to call Animal Control about Sully leaving Shamus.. and not the first time Sully was in the hospital. This was shocking to both Pat and myself.

I still worry about Shamus.. I am going to go downstairs and see if I can find out any more. I think they may take him to a local shelter.. I feel as if I should go down to visit him... dam.. If not for Geoffrey, I would have taken him, in a heart beat.. going down to the Pet Store to buy him a harness, leash, food, and treats.. Such a sweet sweet loving boy.. all he wants is love.. long curly fur, with curly tufts between his toes. He is a tad smaller than a Golden. He would frighten Geoffrey. Geoffrey does not like dogs. dam...

Another tenant was thinking about taking him in also. The entire building knows about our 'adventure'-- even the head Food guy, asked me about what happened to the dog. They all saw us take him out. I even asked the Store's manager for a dog treat for Shamus.

It never ends, around here..

Then went up to watch the eclipse... By that time, I was emotionally drained, yet thinking of Shamus. Pat called me last night-- We talked it over.. Thinking that: If Sully cannot take care of himself, then he cannot take care of Shamus, properly. It may be the best thing if Animal Control takes him, and finds him a good home. He needs room to run, a loving home, proper room in the apartment/house.
He is a sweet dog. Not a bark from him the entire time we with him, searching through things for his harness. Not a bite, not a snap, as I was putting his collar on-- he leads really well, understands some commands.

sigh--- It was an alcoholic beverage night, after the day I had.

My big heart, and caregiving nature always gets me in trouble.
~~~~~~`
Today:
Regular morning stuff
Pay attention to Geoffrey
Do a complete wash to Litter box and Litter Genie..
Find out about Shamus.
Probably that will be it for today.

The litter box and Genie will been enough for me.

It is a beautiful day--- Warm, sunny, a spring day.. Then more RAIN for a few days--- man..

Lennybells

I’m a slave to my furry master
Adult Cat
Purraise
Finish homework
Buy bubble tea
Clean the litter box (super cute, as I clean the cat sits next to me waiting for me to finish. When I am done he hops in and takes a dump. I love him.)

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, yesterday did not turn out as planned.. does it ever??? Nope, never a dull moment.

I was having coffee with a couple of friends. Then we broke up; Pat wanting to see my curtains. We went upstairs. Got a call from Donna that one of the tenants was on the ground, about 100 yards away. He has substance abuse issues and looked horrible yesterday morning. Donna call 911 while in her car. We ran out there--- only because we are 'mushes'.. Sully, when in a sober stretch is a good guy. He never gave me any problems. He always offered to help me. So, I guess I felt obligated??? Who knows, but Pat and myself just went on automatic pilot, thing the same thing-- just to help someone.

The EMT's were already there. Sully had no ID on him. We told them where he lived. He did a number on his face. He claimed his knee went out on him.--- but he also had the DT's.
I asked about his dog--- a very sweet, loving cross between a long haired curly daschund and a golden retriever. He said he had food but needed to be taken out. Pat and I love that dog. We just had to help..

Long story short: took over an hour to find a collar in Sully's apartment. We were both anxious about how the dog would accept us-- IF he would, but the door was open, and Shamus was wagging his tail, rubbing us when we came in. No barking, no snarling-- nothing. We could not find his harness. We searched. We found a couple of leashes. So, off we went with Shamus. I took hold because the dog is strong-- still a puppy mind, about 1.5 years old. Pat is about 1/2 my size. Left the dog with 2 bowls of fresh water, a good amount of dry food, with a bag down on the floor-- where Sully left it. If he needed more food, He could dig into the bag for it.

Property management got involved. Called the ICE number--no answer.. It is Sullys sister who is dying from cancer. Dam.. We were worried about the dog. I seriously thought about taking him home--- but GEOFFREY!! No way.. Pat was about to take him home. Her husband actually expected her to walk in with the dog. We are both CAT people.. What do we know about a dog? expect food, poops, pees, and walks.

Finally found someone who had Sully's ex's telephone number. I left a message. She could not come down immediately. She was going to call property management for the dog. She loves him also. If no one was able to take the dog, before the end of the business day, Animal Control would be contacted. DAM... Property management locked Sully's door, and told me not to get any further involved. DAM.. They said they have a procedure in place and to let them handle things. I heard this is not the first time they had to call Animal Control about Sully leaving Shamus.. and not the first time Sully was in the hospital. This was shocking to both Pat and myself.

I still worry about Shamus.. I am going to go downstairs and see if I can find out any more. I think they may take him to a local shelter.. I feel as if I should go down to visit him... dam.. If not for Geoffrey, I would have taken him, in a heart beat.. going down to the Pet Store to buy him a harness, leash, food, and treats.. Such a sweet sweet loving boy.. all he wants is love.. long curly fur, with curly tufts between his toes. He is a tad smaller than a Golden. He would frighten Geoffrey. Geoffrey does not like dogs. dam...

Another tenant was thinking about taking him in also. The entire building knows about our 'adventure'-- even the head Food guy, asked me about what happened to the dog. They all saw us take him out. I even asked the Store's manager for a dog treat for Shamus.

It never ends, around here..

Then went up to watch the eclipse... By that time, I was emotionally drained, yet thinking of Shamus. Pat called me last night-- We talked it over.. Thinking that: If Sully cannot take care of himself, then he cannot take care of Shamus, properly. It may be the best thing if Animal Control takes him, and finds him a good home. He needs room to run, a loving home, proper room in the apartment/house.
He is a sweet dog. Not a bark from him the entire time we with him, searching through things for his harness. Not a bite, not a snap, as I was putting his collar on-- he leads really well, understands some commands.

sigh--- It was an alcoholic beverage night, after the day I had.

My big heart, and caregiving nature always gets me in trouble.
~~~~~~`
Today:
Regular morning stuff
Pay attention to Geoffrey
Do a complete wash to Litter box and Litter Genie..
Find out about Shamus.
Probably that will be it for today.

The litter box and Genie will been enough for me.

It is a beautiful day--- Warm, sunny, a spring day.. Then more RAIN for a few days--- man..
But what happened to Sully's ex who said she LOVES Shamus but couldn't come immediately?Property mgnt can't wait a couple of days while you & Pat go to the apt to walk him etc?

I'm not liking those mgrs very much artiemom artiemom - Shamus knows the ex and she loves him she said!Can't you do something to hold of the ' dogs"( pun intended?) until she can come get the poor boy?You had an awful day,I know how you are ( like me) - this must be tearing at your insides

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
What an absolutely gorgeous day! I have the front door with the screen in the storm door open. Opened the bedroom windows and the windows in the computer room.
  • Did a small load of laundry
  • Vacuumed and swiffered (I didn't get it done on Sunday because our neighbor came over to visit and spent pretty much the entire afternoon with us. And yesterday, we were trying to see the eclipse in the midst of all the cloudiness. Darn it.)
  • Wiped down in the bathroom and in the kitchen
  • Amazon order just came...just some garden flags.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Back from vacation today. My mall walking paid off - first day there we walked more then seven miles in total and while I was tired, I wasn’t sore or exhausted. Great trip, cats did well at home. Only negative is that my tire light came on driving home, so I may have a leaky tire but we made it home without any issues. I have an easy dinner to cook and that’s it for the day.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was planning on going to Branch Brook Park with a friend today. Their thousands of cherry trees are at peak bloom. But he had a poor night, didn't feel up to going. So I went on my own. It's about 50 mile drive each way, there and home again. Place was mobbed! Should have expected it, what with first day of pleasant weather after multiple wet days, earthquake, eclipse. And I think our local road closures must be contagious as I had to deal with one leaving for home.

Flowering Cherries at Branch Brook Park_2024-04_pink cherries and people.jpg

However the cherry trees in flower were quite wonderful.​

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Back from vacation today. My mall walking paid off - first day there we walked more then seven miles in total and while I was tired, I wasn’t sore or exhausted. Great trip, cats did well at home. Only negative is that my tire light came on driving home, so I may have a leaky tire but we made it home without any issues. I have an easy dinner to cook and that’s it for the day.
So glad you had a great trip and WOW 7 miles without a problem-your perseverance really paid off .... seems like only yesterday you started walking the mall,time flies

It's always nice coming home to the kitties😘

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Was planning on going to Branch Brook Park with a friend today. Their thousands of cherry trees are at peak bloom. But he had a poor night, didn't feel up to going. So I went on my own. It's about 50 mile drive each way, there and home again. Place was mobbed! Should have expected it, what with first day of pleasant weather after multiple wet days, earthquake, eclipse. And I think our local road closures must be contagious as I had to deal with one leaving for home.

View attachment 474000
However the cherry trees in flower were quite wonderful.​
Beautiful - well worth the effort getting there & back

Thank you for sharing the awesome sight

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat scan this morning
Would like to prep my front room window for re-tinting( started yesterday but so much work- I had suction cup window hammocks for the cats which were a real pain- worked well will adhesive discs but still,the Florida sun bakes adhesive and it doesn't stay forever- meanwhile the tint film is 20yrs old and needs replaced

It's a job and I'd like to finish by the weekend,the funniest thing is I had the sills built out instead for the cats &covered them with Sherpa-they LOVED their hammocks and keep looking for them so after I'm done I'm gonna put the hammocks back higher,above the sills this tjme- rofl,should've left it all be :dunno:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
But what happened to Sully's ex who said she LOVES Shamus but couldn't come immediately?Property mgnt can't wait a couple of days while you & Pat go to the apt to walk him etc?

I'm not liking those mgrs very much artiemom artiemom - Shamus knows the ex and she loves him she said!Can't you do something to hold of the ' dogs"( pun intended?) until she can come get the poor boy?You had an awful day,I know how you are ( like me) - this must be tearing at your insides
Actually, the Prop managers are ok.. Sully, due to his substance abuse and temper, has had several issues in the building. Things have to be done by the book, regarding him.
The Ex, nor anyone else, can enter the apartment without the Tenant or their ICE person's approval. Shamus cannot be allowed to be re-home, even temporarily without Sully or his ICE persons approval. I spoke with PM, again, yesterday.

They got in touch with Sully's Sister, his ICE person. They have a plan. Someone is coming in to feed, walk him, play with him, daily-- for not a few times a day. I have not seen evidence of this, but I have to trust. One PM went up to check on Shamus the other day, gave him fresh food, and a treat. She was so grateful that we stepped in, for Shamus's sake. They have a call into Sully, to see if this arrangement is ok with him, or would he prefer a certain person-- even a tenant to take care of Shamus. This PM with let me know what happens; at least as much as she is able to.

This is a touchy situation. Sully has multiple legal issues, also.... very complicated.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, the Prop managers are ok.. Sully, due to his substance abuse and temper, has had several issues in the building. Things have to be done by the book, regarding him.
The Ex, nor anyone else, can enter the apartment without the Tenant or their ICE person's approval. Shamus cannot be allowed to be re-home, even temporarily without Sully or his ICE persons approval. I spoke with PM, again, yesterday.

They got in touch with Sully's Sister, his ICE person. They have a plan. Someone is coming in to feed, walk him, play with him, daily-- for not a few times a day. I have not seen evidence of this, but I have to trust. One PM went up to check on Shamus the other day, gave him fresh food, and a treat. She was so grateful that we stepped in, for Shamus's sake. They have a call into Sully, to see if this arrangement is ok with him, or would he prefer a certain person-- even a tenant to take care of Shamus. This PM with let me know what happens; at least as much as she is able to.

This is a touchy situation. Sully has multiple legal issues, also.... very complicated.
Awww,I very relieved to know the PM is very kind -I got the wrong impression and thought they were trying to get Shamus out of the apt..... I get so nervous when Animal Control gets involved,the agenda is often quite the opposite of ours

I bet you feel good knowing what is going on with Shamus,his owner Sully sounds like a hot mess but no doubt Shamus is crazy about him---- I'll pray for Sully,hope he wakes up and gets his act together❤

Thank God you jumped in for Shamus immediately- sounds very complicated indeed🤔

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
Sun was out when I got up; it was not when Geoffrey woke me. He just HAD to tell me that his box was dirty!! What a cat!! So funny.
I have the windows open, music playing. Yes, Geoffrey jumped on the arm of the chair to tell me that it was time to "Get Moving"..
So Far:
Medicate Geffy, made bed, washed dishes, cleaned toilet--- did the litter box, the litter genie, brief brushing of Geoffy, and a brief cuddle with G on top of the bed. I scrubbed the tub, and the sink, and did a quick dusting of furniture all yesterday. The only things left are toilet and floor. And clean my bedroom mirror.
I just cleaned the toilet.. Will do floors after I vacuum.

Doc appointment this afternoon.

I really feel so much better, psychologically. when the the weather allows me to keep the windows open, and the sun comes out, for at least the morning. We are expecting rain tomorrow and Terrible rain on Friday--- ugh..

Perhaps coffee with the crew, this morning. It all depends on them and how I feel after taking a bit of a rest.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Up very early because Lola was literally screaming for attention and freedom from her room. A couple hours sorting out travel things and putting them away. another hour catching up on internet stuff while giving Lola a continuous belly rub, her most favorite thing. This afternoon I am picking up a new lawnmower.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Awww,I very relieved to know the PM is very kind -I got the wrong impression and thought they were trying to get Shamus out of the apt..... I get so nervous when Animal Control gets involved,the agenda is often quite the opposite of ours

I bet you feel good knowing what is going on with Shamus,his owner Sully sounds like a hot mess but no doubt Shamus is crazy about him---- I'll pray for Sully,hope he wakes up and gets his act together❤

Thank God you jumped in for Shamus immediately- sounds very complicated indeed🤔
PM has to step in when a tenant is in the hospital and there is no one, put into place, to care for the animal. They cannot have any tenant just decide to take care of the animal.. This situation is very complicated.

There is one kennel, down the road, where they are awesome. Many cities and towns take lost or abandoned pets there, BEFORE any large society is involved. The owner is a Saint.

Shamus is so beautiful and loving, that it would not take long for him to be adopted. He has that type of personality. That may turn out to be the best solution, overall. He would have a stable, loving owner... and not be confined to a small space.

The property managers are pretty good. The Head one is 'by the books', but does have a heart. Our regular one, is a doll. She still has to put her "Big girl pants on" but on the whole she is really kind.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Up very early because Lola was literally screaming for attention and freedom from her room. A couple hours sorting out travel things and putting them away. another hour catching up on internet stuff while giving Lola a continuous belly rub, her most favorite thing. This afternoon I am picking up a new lawnmower.
Awww,she missed you🥰

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Had such ambition this morning but now ,nah

Had the cat scan and the first guy pressed down on my knee that I saw stars- he said it needed to be straight and he never saw anything like it- really?

My reply was " then go find someone who has or call my surgeon and call your supervisor " ..... the person that operates the surgical robotics came down and the head of radiology BUT that kind of did me in for the day -new list of things

Ice my knee
Lay on the couch with Timmy
Find a good movie🥰

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Had such ambition this morning but now ,nah

Had the cat scan and the first guy pressed down on my knee that I saw stars- he said it needed to be straight and he never saw anything like it- really?

My reply was " then go find someone who has or call my surgeon and call your supervisor " ..... the person that operates the surgical robotics came down and the head of radiology BUT that kind of did me in for the day -new list of things

Ice my knee
Lay on the couch with Timmy
Find a good movie🥰
OMGosh!! That behavior is uncalled for!! Many people cannot straighten their knees. There are ways around it!! No compassion.
The tech should have immediately contacted his Supervisor and the Radiologist as to how to get the best images!! NO Excuses for that lack of care.
What does this tech do when someone comes in with a fracture? Try to "whip" it into position.. Obviously either a student or newbie.