Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Another headache. It started yesterday and I still have it this morning. It's in my eyes. We were outside a bit yesterday and I have to wonder if it's not from smoke and such.
  • A load of laundry is in the washer.
  • Rick is going to start laying flooring. He will banish me to the basement while he's working and I am allowed to come upstairs to pee and to feed the girls. My job today is to really be ruthless and work on cleaning out my stuff. *sob* Keep. Yard Sale. Trash. He says if I haven't used something in six months, it should go. Not fair! There are things that I only use once a year, but I do use them. My food mills for apple sauce, the dehydrator for garden stuff. Things like that. He did agree to that. But this is not going to end well. I get the whole thing of down-sizing; I do. But holy crap. There's a big difference in getting rid of old paint and stain cans and getting rid of a pressure cooker! Or a pressure canner! That I do use! Rarely, but I do use them. I'll put some stuff on a pile and see if my DIL would like any of it. I doubt she will as she only accepts new stuff. I am giving some cookbooks that I know I don't want to our library for their annual book sale.
And that will be an all-day thing (and probably most of tomorrow as well).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Day 3 of the Headache from Hades. I could go back to bed this morning as I tossed and turned all night last night. I think Molli knew I was bad because she stayed right with me during the night, even with my moving around. And the girls allowed me to sleep in until after 7:00 this morning.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee
  • I'm going to be "banished" to the basement again today for a while. It's actually working as I've gotten a lot done. Rick has been keeping my Ninja and Keurig boxes. I knocked them all down and put them in the cardboard pile to be recycled. I have a chipboard pile, too. I went through the cookbooks with a fine-toothed comb and decided which ones to keep. I like the "area" cookbooks from churches and from local organizations because they're interesting reading.
  • And spend some time in the Shed.
I'm going to yard sale both Keurigs as we're using the Ninja for coffee now. Offer the pressure canner to my DIL and yard sale it if she doesn't want it. Put the cookbooks on a table with FREE on them. People can take any or all, if they wish. The George Foreman party grill came with a sandwich maker; both work well and are clean. Both up for yard sale. As is the Phillips air fryer. I have totes of canning jars. A tv, not smart, just a "dumb" tv. Baking pans (no, I don't need four angel food cake pans!), glassware...the Mennonites will come in and scarf them up. A bunch of other stuff as well. I might make $50, if I'm lucky.

Also still working on stuff for the recycling event this weekend. My old computer sans hard drive will be going there.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I feel so much better this morning. Awakened around 4:30 or so and couldn't get back to sleep. Once Tabby knew I was awake, she came over to see if there was any chance of getting an early breakfast. I put her off until 5:00 and then said, "Well, c'mon!" And three cats led me to the kitchen. Rick asked me if there was a new feeding schedule that he didn't know about; it was his turn to get up today. I told him to go back to bed and he was more than willing to do so.

We're having a bit of a picnic at my sister's house tonight before their community fireworks. She's having her kitchen cabinets re-surfaced, so her kitchen is a mess. She took her window shutters down to re-stain and put newspaper over her windows. All the dishes are out of the cabinets and on tables and counters. She is not amused and is not handling the mess very well. And really, our place isn't much better with flooring boxes all over the living room and hallway and living room furniture all over the kitchen. We're going to have dinner on their back porch. It works.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher
  • I have a hot milk sponge cake in the oven (will be frosted with French Silk frosting) and my eggs are already hard-cooked for potato salad for dinner tonight. My onion and celery are chopped and ready to go. Once it gets a little lighter, I'll go up to the garden and see if I can find any potatoes. I only have Russets in the pantry and they do not make a good potato salad; they get mushy when cooked. My BIL was here over the weekend to put some junk in our dumpster and he asked me if I'd make mint tea for tonight. So I need to go out to cut some mint to throw some tea together. I'll do a half-gallon of sweetened mint and a half-gallon of unsweetened.
  • If the rain holds off, I'd like to mow the yard this afternoon. I was going to work on it yesterday, but about the time the grass would start to dry, it would rain again. Everybody's yard looks like a jungle at this point.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Finally got the yard mowed last night. I worked on freezing peppers yesterday afternoon. Pickled the jalapenos to make another loaf of jalapeno cheddar bread, although I'm thinking of making a bunch of rolls instead of a loaf.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • A load of laundry is in the washer.
  • Need to trim around trees with the push mower this afternoon/tonight. Do some clipping.
  • Sweep the Deck and Patio and, hopefully, get the rug and plants back outside. I took everything in a couple weeks ago because of rain and it's been raining pretty much every day.
Rick is still working on installing the floor. We've been moving furniture around, trying to keep it out of his way. He should be done by the end of the week. And then he can work on baseboard. I've been picking up the slack by mowing and weeding. We're in the low 90s now, so I work in the mornings and early evenings.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, I no sooner had the Deck cleaned up, put the rug and houseplants back outside then we got a weather statement on our phones for severe t-storms. I put everything back into the WeShed. It just poured; we got an inch of so of rain from those storms. I think it's supposed to be drier next week, so maybe I can actually keep the stuff outside for longer than a couple of hours.
Rick will be finishing up the flooring in the hallway. We're going to run out of boards, so it will be off to to the store tonight.
  • Changed the sheets and threw them in the washer.
  • Clean the bathroom and (try to) clean the kitchen. Since Rick is done in the living room, I'm going to put the room back in some semblance of order until he's ready to start installing baseboard. I can get the kitchen back to normal now, too. And we can put the new rugs down.
  • Work on the stair railings to clean them and get them ready for painting.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
play my video game to relax
try to make some cat toys off my very long list lol
get kwik's cat toys and some letters together for wednesday morning

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I went for a follow up visit about the red patch on my chest (was thought to perhaps be cellulitis and I was on cephalexin 4x/day for 5 days.) While fainter, rash is still there. Now suspected to be Lyme. So now I'm on doxycycline 2x/day for 10 days. Stay out of sun, avoid dairy for an hour before/after, etc etc. Bad summer for ticks, no doubt due to mild winter. Of course now that we are in day after day of heat and humidity who wants to go outside.

So today I am
1) doing laundry - one load in dryer waiting to be folded, another load in clothes washer that will want to go into dryer
2) perhaps working on one or more web site entries about 1) road closure, 2) what's in bloom, 3) lovely toad I got pictures of
3) polish the last of the copper to go back in the kitchen and decide where to put away a few items that used to live in the bookcase but don't need to be there

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's been thundering and raining since around 7:00 this morning. A good morning to stay in bed and that's exactly what Molli and I did. I awakened a couple times and she was cuddled tightly against me and, well, I wasn't going to disturb her. I finally did drag my lazy butt out of bed, gave the girls their after-breakfast breakfast and Rick was sacked out on the couch.
The floor is done, other than finishing up inside the hall closet. I put the rugs down last night. Very nice. Still have to do the baseboard, which is more of a fall job, I'm thinking. We have to stain the mouldings and that will be done in the basement. As long as it's done by Christmas, I'm happy. He did a wonderful job.
If it ever stops raining around here, I'll get the railings back outside and clean them.

Not much going on for our Sunday, as we're inside all day.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished waxing my DW car
Painted metal garden edging
Researching garden supplies on etsy.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was out at the tool shed finally potting the last of the peacock lily, Acidanthera , corms. Mixed soil, started potting . . . got done with two decorative pots holding 11 corms each. Needed to mix some more soil. But it started raining so I packed up remaining corms and headed for the house. Figure I managed to do about 3/5 of what I intended to do.

There's a flood watch for much of New Jersey this afternoon into the evening. One to 2 inches, some areas 3 to 5 inches. We're well uphill from the creek. but water running down the hill above us has twice destroyed our driveway.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I just discovered this thread, better late than never. :biggrin:
Day 3 of the Headache from Hades. I could go back to bed this morning as I tossed and turned all night last night.
I feel your pain since I had the start of a migraine earlier in the week. The heat and humidity went to my head, (literally), and I told DH I need to get indoors. Glad you're feeling better now. 🤗

3 things I did or will today:
cleaned up a hairball from Carleton on the kitchen floor, texted my sis who lives out-of-state and started laundry

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Been getting one room ready.I am hosting an exchange student,her name is Lisa and she is from the UK.We have spoken on the phone twice.She comes in on Tuesday and she is ready to meet me.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I baked snicks and iced oatmeal cookies yesterday. Rick really needed cookies (long story). He has them now.
We ended up with almost two inches of rain. To the east of us, they had over 10 inches! Many areas had 6 inches of rain. Many counties were in a flash flood warning, including us.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • The first of two loads of laundry is in the washer.
  • Vacuum, etc.
  • Finish up my Costco list.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We moved very large extensible ladder out of guest room closet so Himself could replace the two AC intake filters. Very high off the floor.

Need to finish collecting trash so Himself can take container down to bottom of driveway for collection tomorrow morning.

When Himself went down to see if the mail had come he got to talk to the mail carrier. Road closure adds 20 minutes to delivering to this street. Come in on other end. Deliver to two houses. Turn around to drive back out. Box a square and even then retrace a portion. Oy!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I sewed some sofa pillow covers yesterday. They were a little plain so I stenciled a design on today. Turned out well. I also picked up a new vacuum to supplement the Dyson. It’s a Red Devil upright with an attached hose, nice for heavy cleaning days. Lastly I got the step ladder out and cleaned the ceiling fans.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've watched a lot of YouTube today while I worked on a project in my pottery studio. This project has gotten out of control. I decided to try to make a jewelry box in the shape of the house from Encanto because my niece loves the movie and wants a jewelry box. The thing weighs like 30lbs right now. 😬 As for a third thing, I played some trivia games on Sporcle.

1689038296542.png

Status
Not open for further replies.