Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I didn't get much in the way of house-cleaning done yesterday. I went up to the garden, grabbed a ton of banana peppers and got them in the freezer. Picked up four 5-gallon buckets of black walnuts, so I could mow the yard last night. And then came inside and cleaned out the hall closet.
Rick is busy weeding in the flower beds this morning.
  • Must grab a few squashes from the garden to use for dinner tonight. I have a quart of pasta sauce thawing.
  • Push-mow around the Shed before it gets too hot this afternoon. Do some clipping. Pick up more walnuts; I swear you can't tell I even picked any up yesterday! I don't think they're any good as they're falling too early.
  • I'm spending the afternoon in the pool. I haven't been in the pool yet this year. It's time.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Haven't been here for a couple of days because we haven't really done anything. Had my GYN appt on Wednesday and got the all-clear from that. So I'm good: Cologuard, mammogram, and GYN stuff, all done for 2023. The walnuts are dropping early and I've been picking up tons and tons of the things.
Started in with a headache on Wednesday and that lasted until this morning. Thankfully, I think it's gone.
We visited with our son and granddaughter yesterday for a while (DIL and grandson were at work). Late lunch at Outback. And hit Costco for groceries on our way home.
So for today: No headache! :cloud9:
  • Breakfast for the girls, and am back here with my coffee. Pick up walnuts before it gets too hot to be outside.
  • A load of laundry to do at some point.
  • Vacuum, etc.
  • Unpack the new Foodi that came yesterday. This is the 14-in-1 that also has a pressure cooker. I'm very curious about it.
  • There's a huge auction tomorrow to benefit the Amish in our area and it's right up the road from us. Rick is stopping in tonight to see what's there and to bring home supper. The food there is simply excellent. He'll probably spend tomorrow at the auction.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I found and disposed of another twenty or so power adapters. I seemed to have a bag of them tucked into every storage container in the basement. I didn’t even look at these or try to guess I’d they would might be usable at some point in the future , I just tossed them. Second task and accomplishment of the day is that I took apart my Bromes peanut feeder for cleaning and repair and after printing out instructions, watching two videos and spending at least an hour, I was able to fix and get it back together again. It’s been broken for a couple weeks and my birds have not been happy.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The brown thrashers have a nest with three babies in our azalea bush by the pool. Rick found it when he was weeding, so he's staying away from there. I knew the nest was somewhere around the pool (I thought it was in the rose bushes) because Mama Thrasher has been spending a lot of time around the weigela bushes. We are blessed as brown thrashers usually hang out at the edges of woods, not in back yards. They do trust us because, if we go outside, they tend to hang around with us or don't go far from the nest. Rick says that, when he's out by the pool, she'll come around and say, "Oh, that's the guy who puts suet in the containers. Hey, old man! How about some suet?!" Although they mainly walk around the ground, looking for bugs and such. And we don't put suet out during the summer.

Rick is at a public sale benefitting our local Amish. We stopped in last night to see what was for sale and, while there's nothing there that I really want, there are a couple things that Rick said he'd keep an eye on for me. And he's stopping off at the bakery there as they make excellent whoopie pies and such. He's bringing dinner home, too. Last night, I had BBQed chicken and he had a fish dinner. Very good. And it's all for a good cause.
  • Another load of laundry in the washer.
  • Finished cleaning and slicing a tray of banana peppers that are in the freezer, waiting for me to bag with the Food Saver.
  • General straightening-up and wiping down in the kitchen and bath today. Nothing major.
  • I may spend the afternoon in the pool. We do have a rule that nobody swims alone and Rick isn't here. But it's usually a case of me hopping on the float and floating around the pool. Every once in a while, when I get too hot, I roll over into the water to cool off. Then back up on the float.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- laundry
- go through some of my clothes
- put back everything that goes under the kitchen sink. I took it all out for a dishwasher installation.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom New dishwasher? What kind did you get?
betsygee betsygee Quail watching! That's exciting! I'd love to watch them. We get so much enjoyment out of watching our squirrels and birds in the yard.

A heckuva t-storm a little after midnight last night. It's so humid and soupy around here that it doesn't take much for the t-storms to boil up. Our lows at night have been in the low 70s. Rick got some weeding done early evening, while I push-mowed around the Shed and in back of the house. And then I picked up walnuts. Til we were done, we needed a good, cool shower.

Not much going on today as we're to get showers this morning and, intermittently, throughout the day.
  • I'm drinking my coffee now. Rick got up with the girls this morning and told me to stay in bed. So I did, until almost 9:00.
  • Changed the bed sheets yesterday and they're in the washer now.
  • I'm excited to try the Ninja Foodi. Pressure cook a pork loin, then crisp it with the air fryer. I've seasoned the pork this morning and it's in the fridge. Pressure cooking should take about 15 minutes, air fry another 10 minutes or so. Not bad for a roast.
  • Hit the Shed for TV watching this afternoon.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're trying to figure out a day this week to go to Hanover, PA. Why? Because there are 3 pretzel outlets (Utz, Snyder's, and Hanover Pretzels) in Hanover. There are tours and you can buy their products. Something to do. There's also Wege Pretzels, but I don't think they offer tours. Yes, we like pretzels!

Supposedly, they're finally taking the dumpster this morning. They were supposed to take it last Wednesday, but with vacations and such, they're having scheduling problems. They won't charge us for the extra days. At this point, we don't have a thing in this house that we're not supposed to have!

My DIL wants our pressure cooker. She was thrilled when I offered it to her. And my sister wants the Ninja 5 in 1. I'm keeping my vintage 5-quart crock pot, but the rest of them can go at the yard sale. I used the Ninja Foodi yesterday for the first time and did an excellent roast pork, air-fried baked potatoes and air-fried squash, at the same time; it took a bit of juggling. Plus, I had enough liquid in the bottom of my pot to make a nice gravy for the pork and potatoes.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • First of two loads of laundry is in the washer.
  • Clean this messy, messy kitchen! It's out of control.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stripped our bed. Sheets are in the washing machine. Before we headed downstairs we reversed the mattress head / foot. Used to turn the mattress over but this one is not suitable for that.

Still polishing copper and brass, hope to finish today.

Trying to decide menus for this weekend. Daughter, s-i-l, adult granddaughter arrive sometime on Thursday and leave on Sunday. Daughter is gluten / seafood / pork intolerant. I'm thinking chicken one night, and kosher hotdogs on Saturday when my brother and Himself's sister will come for the day. Lots of salads - potato, coleslaw, 3 bean, carrot & raisin. No idea what for breakfasts - eggs I guess. Any suggestions for anything, not necessarily salads? And I'll bake an orange chocolate almond flour cake.

We did not get inundated yesterday, just over a half inch of rain. North and east of us were flooded. Hope things dry out so when our intermittent, comes-for-an-hour handyman is here today he can cut the grass.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Go to UPS store to drop of Amazon item I need to return
Finish making out grocery list to do a pick up order for tomorrow

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Another t-storm last night. Thunder and lightning and then the heavens opened. We got about 1/2-inch of rain.
Neighbor visited with Rick last night and to return the casserole that had cookies. He left with two yellow squash. He says we spoil them. But it gives me pleasure to do things for them and they really appreciate it. Rick told him not to buy onions; ours are ready and he'll make sure they get some.
My sister has decided now that she does not want an air fryer, so she doesn't want the Ninja. It's in the basement in the yard sale area. I really don't want to get rid of it, but Dear Richard says enough is enough. I understand, but I don't have to be happy about it.
  • We still have that flipping dumpster! They were supposed to come yesterday. I told Rick that I'm ready to design a landscaping plan around the thing!
  • Walnuts. Rick picked up a ton this morning. I see there's another ton out there, so I need to pick them up.
  • Vacuum, swiffer.
  • Trash night.

OnyxTen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Layed up past 2 weeks after throwing my back out. Puppy training went out the door and now she's so used to me in same room she throws a fit the second I step out. Phantom, my kitten is nonchalant about the whole thing though. Back still not 100% but housework needs to be done and bank issues resolved. Hope everyone has a good day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick was over visiting with our neighbor last night. She came outside with a bowl of blueberries, wondering if I liked them. Rick told her that I dearly love blueberries and would probably make a blueberry buckle. He looked at Rick and asked if I'd share. Of course!
Tired this morning. Slept well until 5:00 when I had to get up to pee. That's all Tabby needed to know. She was all over the bed, hoping for breakfast. I finally fell back asleep until 6:30, when Molli and Muffin started a go-around. And breakfast was served. (Sometimes, I think the M & Ms go after each other on purpose in the morning, just because there's a good chance they'll get breakfast earlier.)
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • Pick up walnuts this morning
  • I'd like to hit the farmers' market for just a few peaches. Nothing big because I'm not planning to freeze any, other than in pies. I'd like to make a couple pies. And I'm thinking of a blueberry-peach cobbler instead of a blueberry buckle. Or a blueberry-peach pie. Haven't decided yet. And if we don't make it to the market, I'll just go ahead and do that buckle.
  • Visit with Rick's mom and get her Kindle. She needs more books.
  • Mow the front yard, if Rick gets gas for the mower.

Status
Not open for further replies.