Go to Weis for cereal container
Go to Walgreens for makeup
Go to Tractor Supply for cat food
Go to KFC for dinner

Acatlady1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Get my guest bedroom ready,a friend of mine from Ireland is coming in tommorrow.
Put clothes away
Finish making my bed

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Bob and I are going to do our Evil thing next weekend; Dear Richard has come down with a cold. He's been sleeping on the couch (just in case it's not a cold (his idea, not mine). I've been getting up to take care of the girls in the morning. He's coughing and his sinuses are terrible. And he's pooped.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • I have a load of towels in the washer and will follow with the load of bed sheets that I didn't do yesterday.
  • Work on my grocery list; if Rick is OK tomorrow, we'll hit Sam's. If Rick is not OK tomorrow, he will go to the doctor. We are not dealing with an almost-week's stay in the hospital again because he is stubborn!
So Bob was in the thrift store again. It's amazing what that man finds sometimes....and sometimes, not so much. This time, he bought a Ninja pressure cooker and air fryer thingie. $23 and change. He's never used a pressure cooker and he wants me to try it out first. We're going to play with it next weekend when he comes down to watch Evil. That is, he's going to play with it and I'm going to watch. The only way to learn how to cook with it is to just do it, so I'll be there, but he's going to do the work. I haven't decided if we're going to make something with chicken or something with beef (probably beef because, you know, Dear Richard does not care for chicken).

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make cinnamon rolls for breakfast

Dust living room

Vacuum

Mentally prepare myself for a chaotic day at work tomorrow. Another homicide Friday night so I am sure the evidence lockers will be packed with stuff to process on Monday

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard has a doctor appt this morning. He's not really feeling any better and I'm worried about dehydration and him passing out. Again. And then ending up in the hospital. Again. We do think it's a sinus infection that got out of hand, but I'll feel better once we know. So far, 2023 is turning into nothing but medical stuff: I've had more than my share of doctor appts, both Muffin and Tabby have needed emergency vet appts, and now it's Rick's turn.
  • I'm sitting back here with my coffee. Will scoop boxes shortly.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, all that good stuff.
  • I need to bake something. I don't know what, but I need to bake something.
ETA: It's another sinus infection for Rick. He's on antibiotics to handle it.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had about two inches of snow overnight. Roads are not an issue and the driveway is already melting. It's going to get very windy again today. Rick is doing better, but he's still very tired. I told him not to get up until he's really ready and Mollipop is keeping him company.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. I'll scoop boxes in a bit.
You know, I really don't have any plans to do anything today. It's a good day to flop on the couch with a book. Sometimes a day with a good book (and several cats) is just what we need.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
went to my therapy appt this morning
checked my mail and put my mail in the outgoing box
get caught up online
write some letters
read some more in my dream dictionary book
talk to mamanyt1953 later today

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
went to my appt at the hospital
had lunch at the little cafe in the hospital
checked out the gift shop at the hospital and bought some presents for a couple of friends
checked my mail
later im writing some letters
talk to mamanyt1953

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's a beautiful, but very windy day today. The sun is gorgeous and it wouldn't be that cold if not for the wind. Rick feels much better, other than that headache. He says he'll be able to bowl tonight.
  • Came back from breakfast and from Sam's. Got everything put away; that alone seems to take forever. We should be good now until mid-April or so, other than milk and fresh produce. I spent a little more than I wanted to, but we needed vitamins, calcium, biotin, etc. And they had KA bread flour in ten-pound bags! I bought 3 bags and then went to Customer Service to thank the powers-that-be for having KA bread flour on hand and would they please sell KA regular flour, too. Please. I doubt they will, but I tried. They don't sell really large bags of flour; even Gold Medal is only in 12-pound bags. (I still have four 5-pound bags of flour in the freezer from the last time my SIL got it for me, so I'm good for a couple of months yet. But I was running low on bread flour, so that was a pleasant surprise. Got that into the ziploc bags and labelled them, so I know what's what in the freezer.)
  • Scooped the boxes and did a quick vacuum about the house. Tabby was a real mess in the litterboxes this morning. We had litter all over the place. She's our dig-to-China girl and the litter flies everywhere. It was easier to vacuum than to sweep.
  • Make the dough for my garlic-parmesan rolls tomorrow. The dough is chilled over night tonight, then I'll make and bake the rolls tomorrow. Rick loves those rolls and I try to keep them on hand in the freezer, so we have them.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tired this morning. The girls were at each other until late last night, finally settled down around 2, and started in again this morning around 6. Molli walked around the bedroom and every time she got within eye distance of Muffin (who was sitting in the doorway and wouldn't let Molli out of the bedroom), we heard "Eeeeerooo!" from Muffin. Every single time. I finally got disgusted with them and shooed Muffin and Tabby out of the bedroom and shut the door. Then Tabby decided that she'd start yelling for breakfast from the hallway. That got Molli going and she started yelling back. Then Rick started coughing. I just got up, gave them breakfast, and they're sleeping. Brats. All of 'em.
  • Breakfast for my brats, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • I need to form and bake my garlic-parm rolls.
  • Do Evelyn's Kindle and we'll take it up to her. My BIL called yesterday. His soppressata is ready to go and we are to pick ours up. Yum!
  • And while we're out and about, I need to pick up meds at Target at some point.
  • Hit the cheesemaker for baby Swiss and a bit of cheddar.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a sunny morning. But, like yesterday, I expect it will cloud over later. I need to finish unloading dishwasher. Go to IGA for milk, rolls, etc.

A friend is coming over in a couple of hours. Then he and Himself will transfer ALL my data, files, photos from Sony all-in-one Windows 7 to HP Windows 10. I believe 1 terabyte SSD will also be transferred from Sony to HP for additional data storage. To my mind that's like a heart transplant but what do I know.

I am responsible for lunch. Planning on pulled pork, corn fritters, cornmeal muffins (friend is a Southerner.)

A couple of days ago I noticed that a large number of snowdrops, snowflakes, winter aconites are now flowering in my neighbors scruffy edge-of-road ACROSS the street from my garden. I can only think it was the flood of 2020 wherein the culvert became completely blocked and water was flowing over the road. Too many to dig and retrieve, and too much to do in my garden.

Bulbs Moved_2023-03_Eranthis hiemalis.jpg.JPG
Here's a picture of some winter aconites with the end of a road guardrail showing​

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
did laundry
checked the mail
called the bank about my debit card
write some letters
get some more reading caught up in some of my books
talk to mamanyt1953
try to get some more organizing going with my book shelves too

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Good luck with everything. I hope it all goes well for you. Our crocuses have bloomed. Rick took some pictures.

Didn't get to Target, didn't get to the cheesemaker yesterday. Hopefully I'll get there today.
They're calling for 1 - 3 inches into early tomorrow morning. You know, we haven't had much of anything in the way of snow all winter. In January and February, we had mostly rain, albeit freezing rain. Most of those months, our temps were actually higher than normal. And now? Snow. Mother Nature has a perverted sense of humor. Oh, I'm not really complaining. We could have used a good snow pack to help with our summer water table, esp after our drought last summer.
  • I'm sitting here with my coffee. Once the pharmacy opens at Target at 10, I'll head down.
  • I have two loads of laundry, three if I do the cats' stuff.
  • I'm baking a loaf of bread this afternoon, followed by a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting.
  • Started Paramount+. I get a free trial week again and then I'll keep it for a month to get caught up on Picard and a few other shows. I just got it through Amazon. Bob and I will start Evil tomorrow.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
letters
get caught up online
make some cat toys
read more of dream dictionary and names for cats and kittens
talk to mamanyt1953 later

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it did, and didn't, go well yesterday. Our friend got here at 10:00 a.m. The men went right to work while I baked brownies, then cornmeal muffins. Leisurely break for lunch about noon (pulled pork, muffins, corn fritters, and fortunately smallish brownie squares for dessert - you'll see why later.

Back to work, and on, and on. Done as the clock was edging on 5:00 p.m. So what could I do but invite friend for dinner while mentally running through menu options.

Ended up with stir fry of shrimp, min wontons, pot stickers with skinny asparagus, snow peas, thinly sliced Savoy cabbage, baby bok choi tips, onion, mushrooms over rice. And large pieces of brownies for dessert. See - that's why it was fortunate there was more of the pan of brownies left, even after I had packed up some brownies and muffins for friend to take home.

Cleaned up kitchen, started dishwasher, fed cats their bedtime meal, scooped litter pan. And off to bed.

This morning I emptied dishwasher, fed cats their breakfast, scooped litter pan, made my coffee - and started getting used to the new look and variations in use for the HP.

Went to feed and mercantile for nyger seed and suet cake. And settle details for my lecture next month entitled The Circle of Seasons. There was a cage of baby ducklings. Very appealing. So I took pictures. Which turned out very poorly because of color shift caused by infra red heat lamp.

Came home. Looked at pictures. Which was an issue on its own because it is no longer as simple as click click was previously. Decided to discard all of them. Oy! I couldn't do it. Himself had problems. Eventually ended up shutting down the HP (which had continued to insist that deleting the folder with duckling images could not be done because one was open somewhere else. Not that we could find it.) And upon restart yes, the folder could then be deleted.

But I will learn its quirks and find the necessary tweaks and besides, my hair is already somewhat gray so what are a few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.