Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm glad you're coming around after being so sick for so long! I'm sorry about Geoffrey throwing up again. :hugs:

It's just plain cold this morning. Heavy frost. Dreary. Blah
  • Breakfast for the girls and they all ate well. Beef and Liver. Tabby finished hers in no time, hung around to pick up the dregs from Molli's plate, then finished off Muffin's. Then she and Molli had a bit of kibble for dessert. And now, Molli is stretched out on my side of the bed, Tabby is sacked-out on the back of the sofa, and Muffin is plopped on the back of the chair. All sleeping again. Emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I've scooped the boxes and the bag is outside; Rick will put it in the trash when he goes out for his walk.
  • Starting to work on a grocery list for Costco (for next week).
  • Spend the afternoon in the Shed. It started to get a bit chilly in the Shed last night after it got dark, so I turned the heat up a bit before coming back into the house. I think it's to start to warm up again today, so I may be able to turn it back down a bit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We are in for 1 to 3 inches of the white stuff late this afternoon into tonight into tomorrow. Haven't had a lot of snow this winter and none of the really deep stuff. In fact, our February is one of the warmest on record. Our daffodils have buds, the trees are budding out and even some of the daylilies have appeared above the soil. This is not a good thing.

I'd love a day out. Whether we go to Roots (on a Tuesday) or to the Green Dragon (on a Friday), I'd love a day away. It seems that we've been cooped up here for months and I've a serious case of cabin fever.
  • Why does Dear Richard make better coffee than I do? I do the exact same thing, use the same number of scoops, everything. And my coffee is good, but his is so much better. Dang. Drinking his coffee now.
  • We need to hit Target this morning as he has a prescription ready. And I'm so glad it's him; between doctors' appts and prescriptions for me, well, I've pretty much reached my limit. *sigh*
  • Just a bit of straightening-up around the house this afternoon. Clean the kitchen and the bathroom.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take all the stuff I decluttered over the weekend and toss in the dumpster at work.
Get through work without my best friend to talk to. :(
Maybe hit up Petco on the way home if my cat food order hasn't arrived.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up a lot later than I meant to today because I was reading until like 4am. Whoops. I sold something on Facebook Marketplace so I met up with the guy at a grocery store parking lot and gave it to him. I came home and shoveled some of the wet, slushy snow from the breezeway between my house and garage and then I came inside to do a little pottery. I made a small vase, a planter, and a bowl. I hope to do some writing before bed.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wrote up notices for the plumbers who were in the village this morning, went to my knitting group, and cancelled Mum’s dentures appointment until I can reconnoiter the place.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I ended up buying a Hamilton Beach fryer. It has three baskets, so I can make a big batch of doughnuts or fry two smaller batches at one time. Or do onion rings and fries at the same time. I don't plan on doing a lot of deep frying because....hot oil! But I do think it will come in handy for the doughnuts. And for things like General Tso's chicken pieces. I still use my Foodi Grill for other stuff. The Breville deep fryer had too many negative reviews as did the Cuisinart I was checking into. The reviews for the HB fryer were good. We'll see how it works. Coming on Wednesday! I just cannot resist kitchen stuff.

We ended up with (maybe) an inch of snow. And it's already melting. Not a big deal at all. We haven't needed our driveway plowed at all this season.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • Two loads of laundry.
  • Making cinnamon-raisin bagels and a loaf of bread this morning.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The snow is pretty much gone. A beautiful morning. Rick is out for his walk.
Started in with a headache last night and woke up with it this morning. It's centered around my eyes, where it usually is. If it doesn't get any worse, I should be Ok, but am thinking of an early night tonight.
  • Up around 8:00 and enjoyed my coffee. I scooped boxes.
  • A quick vacuum around the house.
  • The HB fryer is supposed to come today. Via USPS, so if it comes today, should be here around noon. I won't play with it today, but will try it out this weekend.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, It is a gorgeous day around here! Warm, at 2;30 it is 43 degrees! Just about all the snow, from last week, has melted! It feels and smells like Spring! I cannot wait for it to happen.

Feeling a bit better... actually, compared to how I was in Dec, Jan, and Feb-- I am a lot improved. Still not back to normal.
Have a bit of a cough, some sinus issues, and the Blasted Insomnia!! up at 4am this morning.. The demon dog next door stared yipping even couple of minutes, beginning at 5AM.. At 6:10 am, I called my neighbor to see if she was ok-- or was home.. You never know. It is a senior housing building, and she does have lung cancer.. She never answered the phone, but I head the toilet flush around 7 AM-- her wake up time. The dog stopped yipping. It is getting ridiculous.
I do have some calming prescriptions to help with anxiety-- and insomnia, using at nighttime.. but.... I need a knock out drug for the entire night. a timed capsule..
Melatonin did not help me... I tried it..
I guess it is because I have a ton of financial issues on my mind...
I am late to the game, but, I need someone to help me with my finances. I thought I had one, and had things straightened out-- but, he did me wrong-- at least as far as I could understand.
Waiting for Tax season to be over, so I can call my tax account for a referral-- and help..
This has been weighing heavily on me...

Today:
* briefly played wand toy mouse with Geoffrey
*Coaxing him to eat... poor appetite-- vomited bile last Friday..
* Quick Swiffer
* Out to Grocery store-- so expensive. I swear the prices doubled from 2 weeks ago. Put groceries away.
* tried coaxing Geoffrey to eat.. sigh.. a constant battle the past week.
* Finally gave in and took out a can of RAWZ rabbit to add to his food.. Little stinker ate it mixed in with his RC Rabbit food!!

It is early but, I am exhausted. Physically exhausted.. not enough for a nap... but tired.
I am in my lounging pjs with the windows open. We are expected to have rain tonight and tomorrow morning. I think I will either keep my bedroom window open a crack, or close it-- with the fan on... it is warm in here. heat is still on..

Geoffrey is happy now--- he got his way: he got his Rawz food... darn cat.. I found what I thought was one case in my closet (hoarder on cat food).. To my surprise, it turned out to be 2 cases!! I was so happy.. But this is my "emergency:' food for him.. Now I know, I have enough to slowly wean him off of it. An emergency food source is necessary for a sick cat.

I am in the mood for a vodka & tonic.. I am sipping it-- It has to be 5:00 somewhere!! No, I have not had an alcoholic beverage since the end of November. I feel as if I want one.. and deserve one-- since things have been so horrible for me; for so long....

Nothing happening tomorrow~~ just cleaning his Litter Genie; so, I can just hang out with Geoffrey-- now that I know he is fussing about food.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take Mum to her ophthalmologist appointment (thank goodness for free taxis - I am NOT trying to get my car into that horrible car park again). Set up for her shower appointment this afternoon. Maybe get some knitting done. Between appointments and worrying about whether Daisy was going to do a poo, I didn’t do any yesterday.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up buying a Hamilton Beach fryer. It has three baskets, so I can make a big batch of doughnuts or fry two smaller batches at one time. Or do onion rings and fries at the same time. I don't plan on doing a lot of deep frying because....hot oil! But I do think it will come in handy for the doughnuts. And for things like General Tso's chicken pieces. I still use my Foodi Grill for other stuff. The Breville deep fryer had too many negative reviews as did the Cuisinart I was checking into. The reviews for the HB fryer were good. We'll see how it works. Coming on Wednesday! I just cannot resist kitchen stuff.

We ended up with (maybe) an inch of snow. And it's already melting. Not a big deal at all. We haven't needed our driveway plowed at all this season.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • Two loads of laundry.
  • Making cinnamon-raisin bagels and a loaf of bread this morning.
Last time I dealt with hot oil was back in January 2000. Almost burned down my entire kitchen. :ohwell:

On today's agenda...
Work
Pick up grocery order
Clean litter boxes
Take trash to curb
Watch BattleBots

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Holy crap klunick klunick ! Hot oil scares the heck out of me. Glad you're ok.

Headache is better. Still there, but I can deal.
Fryer came yesterday. Read the manual. Got everything out and put it together. I want to try a bloomin' onion.
  • Just got back from my mammogram. I always get the earliest appt for medical stuff; that way, I'm in and out and still have my day. Got home just in time to give Rick the car so he could leave for his dentist appt.
  • Drinking my coffee while I hang out online for a while.
  • Straighten up in the Shed, check on the plants.
  • Grab a month of Paramount+. Bob is coming in this weekend to start season 3 of Evil. And then I can watch Picard and a few other things before giving it back up again.
ETA: I just got the results of my mammogram. Everything is fine. I'm good for another year. Thank goodness.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just got the results of my mammogram. Everything is fine. I'm good for another year. Thank goodness.
I'm jealous! I went last Wednesday and I am still waiting to hear! I'm going with the no news is good news, but I'll feel better once I get that letter.

I started a fire with hot oil about 28 years ago.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom Everything is online, so we get results a lot quicker. She told me I'd get a letter in the mail within a week. But about 30 minutes or so after I got home, I got an email to go to the hospital's online site to check for test results. And when I signed in, the note was there.

A few weeks ago, I went in for bloodwork. My doctor said I'd get a letter with the results. Came home and, that afternoon, it was all online. It's amazing what the medical field can do today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My mother's kidney doctor has everything online and my pulmonary doctor does as well. Unfortunately this hospital doesn't. USPS Informed delivery tells me I am finally getting a letter in the mail from them today. :crossfingers:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom Good luck today! I'm wishing you the best! :hugs:

It's a gorgeous morning. (Until the duck doodoo hits the fan late this afternoon into tonight. We were on the list for 2-4 inches of white stuff, but they've downgraded us from a bare covering to an inch.)
  • Dear Richard got up with the girls, so I slept in until 8:30. Before he leaves for his walk, he makes sure that the bedroom door is closed, so Molli can't leave the bedroom and go after Muffin. It's so quiet and peaceful. Just Mollipop and me cuddled together. As soon as the other two hear me moving around in the bedroom, they're ready for their after-breakfast-breakfast (ABB). I get dressed and all three girls lead me into the kitchen. They get their ABB, while my coffee is dripping. It's a nice way to wake up.
  • Make a pan of applesauce brownies
  • Change the bedsheets and sort laundry tonight for tomorrow morning

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
write my letters
make some cat toys for mamanyt1953 and jcatbird
maybe check mail if the weather isnt too bad
watch some more of my shows online

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had a heckuva T-storm last night. Lots of lightning, lots of thunder. And it poured and poured. So much for our 2 to 4. It started out in the afternoon with a scant covering of snow and finished early this morning with a ton of rain. The sun is trying to come out.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee and a chunk of applesauce brownie.
  • The first load of laundry is in the washer. Two more to go.
  • Do a quick vacuum in the house, then head out to the Shed this afternoon for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.