Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Evil this afternoon! :woohoo:
We had not quite two inches of snow yesterday. The snow was supposed to start here around late afternoon or so; it was snowing when I left for Target at 10 in the morning. Done for now. Next, we'll see what Sunday into Monday (or is it Monday into Tuesday?) brings us.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and went back to bed for an hour. Got back up, grabbed my shower, and am back here with my coffee....and a ferocious headache (that's why I went back to bed).
  • I want to vacuum the kitchen a bit
  • Prepare and take the snacks out to the fridge in the Shed for this afternoon.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
letters
cat toys that people have ordered recently
try to finish at least one of the books that im reading so that my pile will go down
talk to mamanyt1953

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We got through five episodes of Evil yesterday. Watched three eps, stopped and made dinner, and then went back out to watch the other two. It's good. I really like it. And dinner went well. We had some trouble getting the Foodi to start to sauté, but once we got that figured out, we were good. I had Bob do the work; he has to learn. The only thing was that the heat of the pressure cooker pretty much destroyed the potatoes. We had beef stew: beef, onions, a bit of garlic, carrots, and potatoes. I only quartered the potatoes, but even so they disintegrated. Lesson learned: add the potatoes toward the end of cooking cycle, no matter what the recipe says. Other than that, it was good; the meat was tender and everything was done. Bob kept the Foodi here and I'm going to play with it. Next weekend, when he comes down to finish Evil, he'll be doing pulled pork.

We think Rick messed his knee up last night. We're hoping it's just the meniscus. It hurts. Tabby was in the kitchen sink last night, scarfing around and he got up to get her down. He said he told her several times to get down and she just looked at him. "You're talking to me? Seriously??" "Tabby, if I have to get up!" And when he got up, he twisted his knee. I put ice on it right away last night and he has ice on it now. Not good though and he needs to call the doctor first thing tomorrow. And he's already talking. "Oh, I'll be able to bowl on Wednesday. Oh, I can walk through it." Yeah, OK. Whatever. Stubborn man.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. I'll scoop the boxes in a bit.
  • Change the bedsheets and sort laundry for tomorrow.
  • I think Rick and I are going to start watching season 3 of Picard this afternoon. I have Paramount+ set up on the tv in the living room, so we're good. (The tv in the living room is the same thing as what's in the Shed.)

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
i tried to update my medicaid info but wasnt successful
letters
i sent my donation to my sponsor cats that are located in pennsylvania
might make more cat toys later
talk to mamanyt1953

Kitty Memoir

Stories For You
Young Cat
Purraise
- Promoting my youtube channel "Kitty Memoir"
- Feed the the feline friends
- Pickup items for work in the morning

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
First cold since I retired. I woke up with a sore throat on Sunday, but figured it might be the dry heat in the house. Wrong. It got progressively worse and, by last night, I was in bed with one heckuva headache and a snotty nose. I am not amused. Still a bit snotty this morning; hopefully I can get through this quickly. Rick went out to the couch last night; he said he was staying as far away as possible. He says his knee is just sore right now; it's not nearly as bad as it was.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit.
  • Two loads of laundry.....if I feel like it.
  • My kitchen looks like a hurricane hit it! It's ridiculous!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Doing a Covid test because.....well, it's probably a cold, but.....
Spent yesterday in bed, not really because of the cold stuff, but because of the headache. That's just nasty. Got up this morning and grabbed the hottest shower I could stand. Rick is still on the couch. I told him I'd go out to the Shed to sleep, but he says I need to be in the house. And so does he, in case I get worse.
  • Working on the laundry I didn't do yesterday
  • Will scoop in a bit
  • Still need to clean the kitchen. The deep fryer (that we still haven't tried) is on the kitty bench. Bob's Ninja cooker is on the counter and the box is on the table. Stuff all over the place. I've lost control of my kitchen!
ETA: Covid test was negative.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
snotty nose
I have had a snotty nose for over 2 weeks now! I don't know if it was Covid that I had, but the runny nose just won't quit! It is so annoying. Glad I got vaccinated, because if it hangs on this long, then I can just imagine how much worse it would be if I wasn't vaccinated. But just could be a bad cold. It is soooooo cold here!

3 things are all chores. I have sooo much to do before my brother comes:
Dishes
Laundry
Cleaning

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
called my doctor to get meds for whats wrong with me today , lingering cough and nauseated too
letters
wait for the meds to get filled at pharmacy
make some cat toys
talk to mamanyt1953 later

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Did another Covid test this morning. All clear. It really is just a cold. I can live with the cold; the headache is a bugger. M maggiedemi I've been dealing with this runny nose thing now for quite a while, too, even before the cold hit. It's not pretty.
Boy, it's really windy again today. The wind was roaring around the house last night. We didn't get much in the way of snow at all from the nor'easter, but we really have the wind.
Rick's mom called last night: Was I making Irish soda bread this week? No, I am not. Am I making corned beef and cabbage. Yes, I am making corned beef on Friday, but colcannon to go with it, so just carrots with the corned beef. And Rick will take a few slices to her on Saturday. Well, don't forget to make the hot cross buns. Yes, I'll make them around Easter. And she was happy. I think.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. I need to scoop.
  • Dear Richard reminded me that Christmas was three months ago and there haven't been cookies since. I reminded him that I made oatmeal raisin cookies just a few weeks ago and I made applesauce brownies last week. They don't count. Why? Because they weren't snickerdoodles. :sigh: I'll be making the batter for snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies or more oatmeal raisin cookies this afternoon and they'll be baked tomorrow. I need to get butter out of the freezer. (BTW, I don't care for Members Mark butter from Sam's Club. It comes in eight 1-pound blocks. Whenever I use the butter, I have to cut it and weigh it out. Not really a deal-breaker, I guess, but it is a pain in the butt.)
And that is pretty much my day. Laundry is caught up. Kitchen is back to whatever-passes-for-normal-around-here lately. Rick is bowling tonight, so I'm going to call it an early night.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Costco sells butter as four 1-pound boxes, each with four separately wrapped quarters. It made me smile that you were disgruntled about Sam's Club selling one pound blocks as my friend who bakes for their cafe was annoyed that Costco sells in sticks since she uses 1 pound blocks for her recipes. Different strokes for different folks.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
took some cat toys to the post office to ship out
picked up prescriptions at pharmacy
went to grocery store

letters
check the mail
talk to mamanyt1953 later
maybe make some cat toys later
try to finish one of the books that i am reading

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Costco sells butter as four 1-pound boxes, each with four separately wrapped quarters. It made me smile that you were disgruntled about Sam's Club selling one pound blocks as my friend who bakes for their cafe was annoyed that Costco sells in sticks since she uses 1 pound blocks for her recipes. Different strokes for different folks.
C catapault I guess it's not really a deal-breaker in the long run. One ounce of butter is one tablespoon, 4 ounces is 1/2 cup. And so on. I'm just not used to doing it. And it's still one heck of a lot cheaper than LOL or Keller!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weight is more accurate that volume, for sure. But while four ounces of butter is indeed 1/2 cup if I do the math then one Tablespoon of butter is 1/2 ounce.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went into town to have a prowl round a secondhand bookshop and look for a new wallet, since mine’s falling apart. Zero success on either score, ended up ordering one from Etsy for far too much money (but it has a gorgeous cat picture on it, so …) Came home and got everyone’s lunches, and am now going to rest, if the angle-parked kitties leave me any room on the bed.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Weight is more accurate that volume, for sure. But while four ounces of butter is indeed 1/2 cup if I do the math then one Tablespoon of butter is 1/2 ounce.
C catapault You're right. Sorry.

Our neighbor came over yesterday. They had gone to the food bank and returned with some things they didn't use and didn't want. He brought over six cans of evaporated milk and I was appreciative. I use evaporated milk in my mac and cheese. He (neighbor) is going in for one day surgery on his shoulder on Friday. His wife is taking him, although Rick offered to take him and wait for him. I told them not to worry about supper. I'm making them mac and cheese, applesauce, and a bit of coleslaw. With cookies for dessert. She'll call when they get home and I'll pop it into the oven for Rick to take it over at suppertime. They both love mac and cheese and she doesn't make it often, so it works.
  • Rick gave the girls breakfast this morning. They never fussed until going on 8:00, so we slept in a bit. He made my coffee and I'm sitting back here at the computer. Tabby finished breakfast, came back, and started grumbling about the bedroom door being shut. "Mom! Open the door!" Got up, opened the bedroom door and turned on the blanket. "Thanks, Mom!" She hopped up in bed, followed by Mollipop. The girls settled down and are bathing. Muffin came back when I opened the door, hopped in her stroller, and fell asleep. (I want to come back as a cat in my next life!)
  • Must bake the cookies. I made snicks and oatmeal raisin pecan cookie batter yesterday and stuck them in the fridge overnight.
  • Some general clean-up and straightening around here. Nothing big.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making them mac and cheese, applesauce, and a bit of coleslaw.
I don't like coleslaw or applesauce. But never had them with mac & cheese! Maybe I would like them that way. I do like coleslaw sometimes on a sammich!

3 Things:
Wipe Down The Vacuum
Vacuum
Wash my sheets

I did a terrible job last time of folding the sheets and putting them away! They are so wrinkled and they look terrible! I would be better off just washing, drying and putting back on instead of in the drawer. But I have to do laundry when dad is asleep because he yells about the electricity the dryer takes. Is there any new technology for dryers that uses less? This one is like 25 years old! It doesn't even have the tumble dry button that I see on all the labels.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
This darn cold can go away. Now! I've had it with coughing and sneezing and sniffing. I told Bob last night that I don't think we should get together on Saturday because, while it's not Covid, it's not pretty. He said to wait and see what I'm like tomorrow morning. We'll see. But I don't like snotting around with watery eyes and a nose that hasn't decided if it wants to be stuffy or runny, so it does both. And the Cough from Hades. No, I am not a good patient. Not at all. I'm tired from being up half the night because of the cough. First cold since I retired. Haven't missed them one bit.

Baked the cookies yesterday. Those oatmeal raisin pecan cookies (Ina Garten) are beyond good. Yum
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • Vacuum, swiffer. Wipe down kitchen and clean bathroom.
  • Check the plants in the Shed. I haven't really been out there since Sunday.
Dear Richard talked to his mom yesterday afternoon. She asked him what I was doing. I was in the kitchen, baking cookies. And when he said, "Pam? Well, she's......" and I ran into the living room mouthing, "No, No! Don't tell her about the cookies!" with my hands waving all over the place. "....in the kitchen baking cookies." I didn't want to give her cookies that I made while I have a cold. But now she wants cookies. Rick is taking cookies up to her this morning.

Oh, and speaking of cookies, I was downstairs the other day looking for pecans in the freezer. I knew we had a bag down there. I knew it. Do you think I could find those things? I only looked in the chest freezer because Rick said, "If we have any, they're in the chest freezer. Trust me! They wouldn't be in the upright!" And he's supposed to know these things because he is in Big Charge of the freezers. Well, no pecans. And I knew, I knew I had pecans. So Rick went down to the upright freezer yesterday to get chicken tenders out of the freezer. He came upstairs with the bag of tenders in one hand, the bag of pecans in his other hand and the look on his face that says, "I screwed up." I knew those buggers were down there! I asked him where he got them; they were in the upright freezer. You know, the one that he said, "No, they wouldn't be in the upright! They're definitely in the chest freezer! Trust me!" I really think I need to go downstairs and re-arrange the freezers for me. (And I really should know better; the last time he said "Trust me!" was 50+ years ago. I ended up married and the mother of an adorable baby boy. Men! He's lucky he's so cute. I love him, I really do.)

Status
Not open for further replies.