Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My turn to get up with the girls this morning. It's rather dreary.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and made Rick's coffee
  • I made a bowl of potato salad and have a pan of fudge brownies in the oven.
  • Must scoop at some point this morning.
I'm not planning on much else.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took the rubbish out
This afternoon, will set up the lounge for Mum’s exercise session and then the bathroom for her shower
And now that Daisy’s moved off my lap, I can get my knitting out!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Bright and sunny this morning.
  • A quick vacuum in the living room and kitchen. FINALLY got my Dyson working again. After I cancelled the never-coming order from a vacuum parts site (ordered the piece in October, checked on my order in November, and cancelled the order at the end of December because I got tired of waiting for the thing to come), Rick went to the Dyson site, ordered the part we needed for the vacuum, and it got here. Rick put the vacuum together on Saturday and vacuumed the living room. I love my Dyson, I really do. We were using the Shark vacuum that I brought in from the Shed and that thing works OK in the Shed. But it does not work on house dirt (cat litter, fur, etc.). I had just vacuumed the living room with the Shark on Friday; Saturday Rick vacuumed with the Dyson and filled the canister halfway with dirt, fur, and such. I was embarrassed. Yeah, the Dyson is a little expensive. But it also cleans my house. You can actually see the difference.
  • Sort laundry for Tuesday morning.
  • Give Miss Muffin a good brushing.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Neither Rick nor I felt all that great today. I got up with the girls, but then went back to bed for an hour or so.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and made coffee for Rick. I'm out of coffee and I refuse to go to the store for just coffee. If we go into town tomorrow, I'll buy some then. And the lack of caffeine could be why I don't feel very well.
  • Worked in the Shed for a while: a quick vacuum and swiffer out there.
  • Rick and I both like Kevin Belton, a chef from New Orleans on CREATE . After watching him tonight, Rick turned to me and said, "Dear, I can't believe you don't have any of his cookbooks." To which I replied, "That can be remedied right now! Just say the word!" I ordered two of his cookbooks: New Orleans Kitchen and New Orleans Celebrations. Yum!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Make out grocery list for pick up tomorrow
Do a couple loads of laundry

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Up with the girls this morning. I feel pretty good. Had a doctor appt yesterday, followed by picking up meds in the afternoon. Finally got some coffee. I'm trying Starbucks Pike Place ground. I think I like it; it usually takes me a while to figure out if I like a coffee or not.
  • Breakfast for the girls, made coffee for Rick and me, and am sitting back here with mine. (I wish we liked the same coffee, so I could just make a carafe. But he really loves his flavored iced coffees with a ton of flavored creamer to boot; I think flavored coffees are diseased and should be declared illegal. I like mine plain, black, and hot. We'll never agree on it.) Running the dishwasher now.
  • I changed the sheets yesterday, so will wash the dirty ones today at some point.
  • Hair appt this morning. They called me yesterday; the stylist I've been going to has moved out of state. The other stylist said she could take care of me because she knows how to do my hair; she's been there while I've had my hair cut. I need a good three inches taken off to get it back to just above my shoulders.
  • Rick is FINALLY ready to do the living room. The Lowes in our area doesn't have the floor molding that we've been using, so we're checking out a different store. I really don't want to deal with Home Depot if I don't have to (politics, you know).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
After several days of lovely spring-like weather, Winter has decided to come back to central PA. It's rainy and very windy. And while we're not going far into the freezer, it's going to get cold.
Got the results of my Cologuard; everything is OK. Whew!
We went over to Home Depot; they don't carry Benjamin Moore paint. I could have sworn they did. But they do carry the molding that Rick wants. He's going to go to Lowes online and see if he can get it from them. If that fails, I guess we'll have to get it from Home Depot. But he's like me; he really doesn't want to. There are a couple of other places that he'll check, too. He checked and our local Coles Hardware carries BM paint. We did get a paint sample and will put it on several places in the living room, back the hallway, and in the kitchen.

Benjamin Moore Van Alen Green
VanAlenGreen.png

So for today....not much. It's really dreary outside and, for me, those kind of days just suck the energy out of me. I want to make doughnuts tomorrow (Fastnacht Day is this coming Tuesday, I believe), which means I have to make my dough tonight and get it in the fridge for an overnight rising. The problem is that Rick's mom is sick with some kind of bad stomach bug. And on top of that, she has yet another UTI. They closed her floor off to visitors because of the stomach thing. Rick was able to get her Kindle yesterday at the front desk. Evelyn doesn't feel like eating much of anything. The only reason I was going to make doughnuts was because of her, so I'll hold off until she feels better.
  • Wash the bed sheets that I didn't get done yesterday. And a load of towels and washcloths.
  • A quick spin with the vacuum cleaner.
  • My cookbooks should come today. I hope so. It's a good day to sit around and read. (Belton made some decadent-looking beignets a while back, so I'm hoping that maybe there's a recipe for beignets in one of his books. And yes, I know that I can go online and find a million recipes for beignets and other things. But, for me, there's something about sitting down with a cup of coffee and a good cookbook. I do enjoy it.)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Day 2 of Tabby not eating. Yesterday. all she did was lay around. We figured it was some kind of bug and didn't think too much of it, although I was more than a little paranoid. But Rick didn't think she needed to see a vet; sometimes a cat will have an "off" day and, by the next day, things are fine. But this morning? Nothing. She's very alert and she is hungry. I tried Beef and Liver first as she likes that. And she sniffed around, but wouldn't eat. So I tried Poultry Platter. Nope. I tried some dry kibble. Nope. I gave her two Temptations; she ate one and walked away. I tried some meat baby food (we keep it on hand, just in case it's necessary). Nope. I don't want to deal with this again. We lost Amber when she stopped eating. It doesn't seem to be a tooth or a mouth problem. We'll probably end up at the emergency vet today with her.

And our wake-up this morning was a ruckus when Molli went after Muffin while she was in the booda dome litter box in the bedroom. It has a lid, so Muffin was pretty much defenseless. I simply don't know what to do anymore. Molli has turned into a true bully. And there's no need. She gets most of the attention around here and she rules the roost.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee
  • I think I'll put the Winterberry dishes away and get out the Fiesta. That's pretty much an all-afternoon job.
  • And then go out to the Shed for a while

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Day 2 of Tabby not eating. Yesterday. all she did was lay around. We figured it was some kind of bug and didn't think too much of it, although I was more than a little paranoid. But Rick didn't think she needed to see a vet; sometimes a cat will have an "off" day and, by the next day, things are fine. But this morning? Nothing. She's very alert and she is hungry. I tried Beef and Liver first as she likes that. And she sniffed around, but wouldn't eat. So I tried Poultry Platter. Nope. I tried some dry kibble. Nope. I gave her two Temptations; she ate one and walked away. I tried some meat baby food (we keep it on hand, just in case it's necessary). Nope. I don't want to deal with this again. We lost Amber when she stopped eating. It doesn't seem to be a tooth or a mouth problem. We'll probably end up at the emergency vet today with her.

And our wake-up this morning was a ruckus when Molli went after Muffin while she was in the booda dome litter box in the bedroom. It has a lid, so Muffin was pretty much defenseless. I simply don't know what to do anymore. Molli has turned into a true bully. And there's no need. She gets most of the attention around here and she rules the roost.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee
  • I think I'll put the Winterberry dishes away and get out the Fiesta. That's pretty much an all-afternoon job.
  • And then go out to the Shed for a while
Oh no... Now Amber! Yes, a vet visit seems likely.. sigh..
How old is she?

Re; Molli, I really do not know what to say, except a medication to calm her down? Things get worse as cats age.. as we all age.. but you know that.
(((hugs)))

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tabby is still not eating. She licks the food off her muzzle if we put it there. She's alert. This is like deja vu. What the heck is going on around here? We've never had a cat not eat. Never. And then we had Amber, and now Tabby. Could it be the Feliway? I honestly don't know what to think. We didn't use Feliway when it happened to Amber.
Not doing much of anything today. Rick got up with the girls.
  • I have a 9 x 9-inch square chocolate cake in the oven. When it's cool, I'll frost it with whipped PB frosting. You can't go wrong with a chocolate cake with PB frosting. Heaven in a pan.
  • Scooped the boxes.
  • Hitting the Shed this afternoon for a while.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took the ash-away full of stove ashes and charcoal to the Baling Twine and Hope rescue (about 4 1/2 miles away) that is collecting for a somewhat nearby community garden. Biochar, don't you know. It is fortunate that they had a number of empty kitty litter tubs so I could transfer from our container to theirs - hadn't thought about it in advance. Ash-away filled a kitty litter tub about 2/3.

Otherwise a mostly quiet day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tabby ate breakfast this morning. We had chicken last night for dinner and she is a chicken hawk. Sure enough, when I got the chicken out of the Foodi Grill, there she was, prancing around. We found slivers of chicken without any seasoning and all the girls ate their share, even Tabby. And this morning, she came to bed and started purring like crazy; that's her way of waking us. She didn't eat everything on her plate, but she ate enough.
  • Breakfast for the girls (ALL the girls!), running the dishwasher now as Dear Richard forgot about it last night. Made Rick's coffee.
  • We have to take the truck in for inspection this morning, so I'll have my coffee when we come back.
  • Two loads of laundry and a quick spin with the vacuum

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Showered and washed my hair this morning so Himself was downstairs first and fed the cats.

Stripped sheets off our bed and have them swishing around in the washer. More laundry to do. It IS Monday.

Want to write two entries for my . . . website / blog. Can someone explain to me what the difference is?

Now on my second coffee. It feels like that kind of day.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaned the Cat litter boxes
Did some painting on a wall
Updating family history on Ancestry

Status
Not open for further replies.