get ready to go to the laundry mat and then go to the grocery store
check the mail
write some letters
talk to mamanyt1953 later this evening

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Set alarm and up early today. Mr Poe's turn for a dental and I needed to feed him before 7:00 a.m.

Bring him to the vet between 9:00 / 9:30 a.m.

Call vet at 1:30 p.m. and find out when I can go get him.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We had an emergency appt at the vet with Tabby yesterday afternoon. She did eat breakfast yesterday at 7:00, but threw it all back up around 12:30. Bloodwork is normal, liver is normal, kidneys are normal. They gave her an anti-nausea shot and an appetite stimulant, as well as anti-nausea pills. They didn't think she needed subQ fluids. Got her back home and gave the shot some time to work. She ate a bit of Fancy Feast pate for supper and some Temptations treats. Ate breakfast this morning and seems OK. We have to give her her meds in a bit. In the last two weeks, we've spent close to $700 on the two girls, $250 of which was simply because of the emergency appts. And since nobody really seems to like Friskies Buffet pate anymore, we're considering switching them over to Fancy Feast after we're done with this latest order from Chewy. Nobody is really eating the Buffet anymore, other than a few choice varieties. We're wasting a lot of food with this bunch. One cat likes this, but not that. Another cat likes that, but not this. And the third likes yet a different variety. We can't win. I have never had such a finicky bunch. And the thing is, they didn't used to be like that. This has just come on in the past year or so. Different manufacturing? Different ingredients in the food? I haven't a clue.
  • I did Rick's mom's Kindle this morning and also downloaded Libby, since Overdrive will be discontinued at some point. We're going to the garage to pick up Rick's truck and then, while I'm coming back home, Rick will drop the Kindle off with his mom.
  • I'm going to make the beignet batter tonight and throw it into the fridge to rise overnight for Wednesday's baking. Doughnuts tomorrow.
  • Trash night tonight. Some general cleaning and straightening-up about the house. Nothing big.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Called vet. All went well. 7 teeth removed but I won't know which ones until I go pick him up around 4:15 / 4:30 p.m.

When I brought him there I mentioned how stressed Mr Poe gets when he has to leave the calm, familiar surroundings of home. After he came home from his wellness visit in December he promptly hid, did not come out for dinner, for bedtime meal, or join us in bed all night. Hoping they will have had something to calm his jittery nerves.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr Poe, rather loopy, is hiding in the trundle / under the bed in my study. I closed the door, brought in a cat cave, and a shallow litter pan. They gave him some gabapentin and sent me home with more, just in case it is needed. He can have some food around 6:00 p.m. Poor baby!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All is going well. I don't think Mr Poe needs any more gabapentin than what he had at the vet hospital before I brought him home. He has eaten, and not thrown up. Used a litter pan for both urine and feces. Walking quite normally. Got up on the bed by himself, and back down again. So I opened the door, he walked out, and all is again well.

Last edited:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the supermarket for cat litter and an extension cord
Went to KMart for an air purifier
Set up my old CD player in my bedroom to combat noise from next door (the neighbours are far from noisy but the walls are ridiculously thin - you can hear a bed creaking through them, never mind radios and TVs).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault I'm glad Mr. Poe had no trouble with his dental. We always worry so much about them.

We are supposed to have some icy weather today, with a bit of snow. Rick told me last night that we're not taking doughnuts up to his mom's when it's icy (and he's bowling tonight), so I didn't make the batter last night for the overnight rising. Hopefully I'll be able to do batter tonight, make the doughnuts tomorrow, and get them up to her. She already asked me about them. And asked Rick about them when he took the Kindle up yesterday.
Tabby is doing well; the appetite stimulant is doing its job as is the anti-nausea pill. This morning, she ate her third of a can of Friskies (Beef & Liver), finished off Mollipop's leftovers, and ate a little bit of kibble.
There's really nothing on my agenda today:
  • Breakfast for the girls, medicate Tabby, empty the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee
  • Scoop the boxes with a quick vacuum back here to get rid of some cat litter
  • Make the doughnut batter that I did not make last night

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gray morning. Rain forecast for afternoon. That's a nuisance as I'm supposed to go to a friend this afternoon with about 18 flattened Chewy's boxes. She uses them under mulch in her exemplary vegetable garden. I've been saving them all winter and Himself thinks it is time I got them out of the garage.

So far this morning I unloaded the dish washer, wrote and uploaded an entry to my web site about Tuesday's visit to a lovely farm / produce stand on my way home from taking Mr Poe to the vet for his dental.

He, BTW, joined us in bed last night, ate his breakfast quite nicely this morning, and is now somewhere invisible.

Tomorrow plans are to go with a friend to the Asian market quite a ways away. It it rains - well that's phooey but still do-able. If it snows, that's so-so. If it's freezing rain and sleet we may need to rethink this outing.

The vegetables, Asian things like bok choi etc, are much less expensive than what the supermarket might have (scallions 3 bunches / $1 rather than $1 each). Buckwheat noodles. Frozen things. Black beluga lentils, which are wonderful. Etc.

We're also planning a stop at Whole Earth to check out their freezer case for soup dumplings. Which actually have jellied soup in the dumpling wrapper along with the filling.

And then stop for lunch at our favorite dinner on the way home.

Stay tuned for future developments.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault and Winchester Winchester So glad Mr Poe and Tabby are feeling better..
As far as medications-- the appetite stimulant, and the anti-nausea pill, kick in rather fast. How long does Tabby have to be on them? It is a pain to medicate our babies, but we sometimes have to.

Mr Poe seems to be a trooper, with 7 teeth removed!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Tabby has another two days of the anti-nausea pills. The appetite stimulant is "As Needed". I think today may be the last day for that as she is now constantly hungry. The girls just ate at 7:00 and have already had their after-breakfast breakfast, largely because of Tabby. And early this morning, around 4, she walked up on Rick's back in bed, sat there and started meowing at me. Don't get me wrong; we are so glad she's eating again. But really?!
  • It's time. Time to make the doughnuts. I made the batter for the filled doughnuts and for the beignets last night and they're in the fridge. I'll make the batter for the French crullers this morning and throw that into the fridge before rolling out and frying the others. I'm filling the doughnuts with whipped peanut butter filling and will top them off with a drizzle of chocolate ganache. The beignets will just get a good sprinkle of powdered sugar. And the crullers (if the recipe works, first time I've ever tried them) will get a quick dip into a vanilla glaze.
  • And then clean up what will be a very messy kitchen!
I really don't have much else planned.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
check the mail later
put some mail in the outgoing box
write some letters
pay the electric bill online
talk to mamanyt1953 later

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's windy and cold outside this morning and it won't get any warmer throughout the day. Back into the freezer for the next couple of days. It's not the cold so much, but that wind is just nasty. The guy behind us on the hill is having solar panels put onto his roof; I think I'd make plenty of coffee and hot chocolate for those poor men if they were working on our house today!
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning, so I slept in a bit. Got up, grabbed a quick shower and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Change the bed sheets and will add them to the laundry today. The first load is in the washer.
  • We are checking around for a decent deep fryer. I mentioned on the Doughnuts thread that Rick's mom electric saucepan isn't working properly anymore. That thing is as old as the hills and Rick has been wanting me to junk it, simply because of safety. And I wouldn't because of "tradition". But I had a lot of trouble with it yesterday, so we're looking around. I don't fry that often; I tend to go with the Ninja and air-fry. But with doughnuts, well..... And I'm not doing the thermometer-in-the-Dutch-oven thing; I want something that's safe! I'm scared of frying anyway.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
checked mail and put my out going mail in the box
took a nice warm shower
texted some friends
watching anime
will talk to mamanyt1953 later

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dear Richard got up with the girls this morning, so I was able to lounge around until 8:00. Not as windy today, but still really cold.
I really don't have much going on today:
  • Already scooped the boxes this morning and am back here with my coffee.
  • A load of towels is in the washer to be followed by a load of kitty things.
  • After I make a pan of mac and cheese and throw it into the fridge, I'm going out to the Shed. Rick will put the pan into the oven for supper tonight. He'll text me when it's ready. I'm going to do some general clean-up in the Shed this afternoon: a bit of vacuuming, swiffering, check on the plants. And then flop down with a book and a mug of hot chocolate. It works.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I was kind of busy today--- first time since I got sick, in December. My apartment needs a lot of TLC.

*Up early-- insomnia-- thinking of financial issues, and Geoffrey issues.
*Played a bit with Geoffrey
*Tried to feed him.... he is sick... vomited bile yesterday.. He did it 2 weeks ago... Not good.. I fear for him. had to take food over to him.
* Breakfast for me
*Geoffrey meds
* out early to pick up some
* cuddled with Geoffrey for a bit
*Gave Geoffrey some Cerenia.
* decided to take apart the living area... good dusting, vacuum.
It smells so good in here!! I use an almond oil based polish. I love the smell!
* Cleaned up the vomited Cerenia--- on my bedroom rug... dam
* took out my new air purifier for the bedroom... not an oscillating one, but it seems like a good one-- Honeywell.
* I am resting now... with a Vodka and Tonic.. I deserve it.. I have not had an alcoholic beverage since the beginning of December... Listening to some music I really like. I really have not felt like listening to music for such a long time. I am slowly starting to get back to my former self. just financial worries, future financial worries and worries about Geoffrey.

Pretty soon I am Going to take a nice long hot shower. It is cold outside, but.. with all I have been through since December, I feel I did enough today-- took several breaks for my back~~ cuddled with Geoffrey on my bed for the breaks..
No shortness of breath!!! I had the windows open a tiny bit..

Ok, I wrote a book.. I do not know if anyone will even read all of this... sorry for the ones who may... Life has not been easy for me, since September-- especially since December... hopefully things will turn around, very soon.....

Love to each and everyone who reads this. ❤ 🙏

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shaved all the pilling off my bedspread - an hour-long job, what with having to empty and clean the little fabric shaver several times.

Washed the cat fountain.

Booked a hairdressing appointment for Mum.

Now hopefully will get some knitting done this afternoon, and not have to rip it all back because of a mistake, as yesterday!

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Helped my oldest install some light fixtures around the house.
Cleaned bathrooms
Changed bedsheets
Did several loads of laundry
Got my St Patrick's Day decor out to put out tomorrow
Went to Lowe's to return two things

Status
Not open for further replies.