Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I have a "thing" against showers for the second, third, etc. baby. Same thing with second, third, etc. weddings. I hope she'll agree to push it into January. Tell her that it'll give people a little something to look forward to after the holidays. But really, I see no need at all. Gift grab.

We awakened to around 3 inches of white stuff outside with more coming down. Bleah.
  • Rick got up with the girls. But evidently, I had had enough sleep because I got up, too. Sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Two loads of laundry to do.
  • Hollidoodles to bake. (Rick was going to take the white chip macadamias that I baked yesterday up to his mom this morning. I think he'll wait until tomorrow and take them and the doodles up after my medical appt.)
Took a large beef chuck out of the freezer, along with a bit of pickled cabbage and one of the very last containers of apple sauce to thaw in the fridge. My sister is coming over this weekend to make a huge pot of beef pot pie, so the apple sauce and cabbage will be served alongside. I also took a huge bag of quartered tomatoes from the garden out of the freezer to thaw on a large cookie sheet in the fridge. When they're ready, we could use 5 quarts or so of pasta sauce, probably Monday.

Mia6 Mia6 Hollidoodles are made with snickerdoodle cookie dough. The only difference is that snicks are rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Hollidoodles are rolled in red/green/multi sugars for the holidays. Rick loves them, too!
You are the Energizer Bunny- takes a lickin n keeps on tickin!❤

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I am with you and everyone else on the 2nd baby, 3rd wedding, and the like showers. Especially around the holidays when most people are happy if they have most of their shopping done, are low on $$$ and really really busy. I am glad you are making a stand, even though I would hate to see the expectant mom get her feelings hurt. Does she go to your church? Could you and some of your co-workers give a "combined" gift?

For me, today will be eat, sleep, work.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I am with you and everyone else on the 2nd baby, 3rd wedding, and the like showers. Especially around the holidays when most people are happy if they have most of their shopping done, are low on $$$ and really really busy. I am glad you are making a stand, even though I would hate to see the expectant mom get her feelings hurt. Does she go to your church? Could you and some of your co-workers give a "combined" gift?

For me, today will be eat, sleep, work.
As I am retired, I do not work. It is the dining room manager who is pregnant. The shower is supposedly being planned by 2 of her employees, who work in the store. Bad time of year, and just not a good idea...as far as I am concerned. No, she does not attend my church.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
As I am retired, I do not work. It is the dining room manager who is pregnant. The shower is supposedly being planned by 2 of her employees, who work in the store. Bad time of year, and just not a good idea...as far as I am concerned. No, she does not attend my church.
Can I tell you when I got married ( first time);my parents planned this huge wedding reception,booked over a year in advance ,it was Oct to avoid the Holidays .... My Maid of Honor met a guy a couple of months before my wedding & picked 2,weeks before my Wedding- practically all the same guests ( friend groups & families)...... So - - I get it-really inconsiderate of everyone that has 9 million things going on that they were well prepared for,not to mention the added financial burden.....

Imo people cannot be that stupid and naive- they know perfectly well what they are doing,they just don't care about others..... Coal in their stockings please Santa!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I voiced my opinion. I stated facts. I am not going to attend. If I feel like it, I can give her a baby gift, after the baby is born.
Two weeks notice, at a this time of the year-- actually any time of the year is too rushed.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Grocery shopping this morning and I needed a lot more than I thought I did. I get in the habit of zipping in and out for a particular item but found out today that a leisurely stroll through every aisle reminds me of all of the other things I need. Expensive trip but worth it. Now to put it all away.

Its an amazing 51 degrees out so I also used this beautiful day to wash my back door and sidelight windows inside and out.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr appt early

Put away cat food delivery & girl coming to clean....need to get some stuff at grocery store( send her or me go? Hmm)

Try to reach scheduling to set appt for outpatient test

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Get Christmas tree on way home
Do a couple loads of laundry
Decorate Christmas tree
Pick up dinner
Sit in darkness while looking at the Christmas tree

(can you tell I am excited about getting the Christmas tree?? :lol:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We ended up with right around 3 inches of snow yesterday. It snowed pretty much all morning into the afternoon, but didn't lay all that much. Sat at the window and watched the ambulance and fire truck head up the road. About an hour later, the garage came down the road, towing a wrecked car. That first snow fall always does somebody in.
Got the HolliDoodles done yesterday; Rick came out and rolled a pan or so in sugar then mysteriously disappeared.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with toast and coffee. First morning in a while that I've enjoyed a full cup of hot coffee. And it was good, even though I made it.
  • Grab a quick shower and go in for medical appointment this morning. Rick will drop me off, take cookies up to his mom, and then come back to me. He doesn't go in to see his mom right now; he'll drop the cookies off at the front door, and her aide will come out and take the cookies back to her.
  • Target and Giant to pick up a couple scripts. I want to look for decent dishcloths; I'm down to one dishcloth and it needs to go. Lowes for woodpecker suet.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I took apart my closet; yet I still cannot find my Nativity set!! I do not remember where I stored it!! Last year, I took it down while I was recovering from my pneumonia/Covid... My mind is failing me. What did I do with it?? I did find a few more Christmas Items; but I swear I had more... Covid brain!

Today:
* Was woken up at 4;15 am with Geoffrey vomiting, pooping and peeing... He told me! What a weird cat. I had heard him vomiting.He was cuddled up against me, I was in a light sleep; heard the throw up, just sighed. Heard the litter box, then he came back to bed, to come up to my ear and tell me-- yelling in my ear.
* on line-- was requested to change mailbox password, then another one.
* Morning stuff
*medicate Geoffrey
* Church/Mass at noon
* pick up a couple bottles of wine and bags for them.
*** try to concentrate where I put my Nativity set!!

Leftover pork chops for supper... I do have some cornbread stuffing, which I picked up at Trader Joes, earlier in the week. I think I may have that to go along with it... Not sure, though.. Thinking about pork with beans!! maybe Saturday.

I really need to get into the Christmas spirit... Yesterday I wrote out my bills and a couple of long distance Christmas Cards. The rest of the cards should go out this upcoming week. I tried listening to Christmas music; but, it did not help.

I think this week end, I am going to watch; "It's a Wonderful Life". I have the DVD; fingers crossed that it still works! This is a Christmas Tradition of mine. It never feels like the Season, until I watch this movie. I cannot remember when I started watching it, on an annual basis. My dad and I watched it.. My Dad always lovingly chided me, for crying at the ending. I always tried to guess how many tissues I would use. It is a good memory of times spent with my Dad. My mom died before we really started this tradition; before I bought the DVD. Oh, my mom, did get me the DVD for Christmas, one year. So I guess we started watching it whenever it was on broadcast TV. I absolutely love that movie. It is definitely a 'feel good" movie, and a movie to remind you to count your blessings. I know the dialogue by heart. My dad did also...

I need to pull out my Christmas movies: The Bishops Wife; White Christmas, The Belles of St Mary's, A Pocketful of Miracles, etc... Maybe a nick cup of tea, hot chocolate, or even a glass of wine, with the fireplace on, watching these movies, will put me more in the mood. It seems to get harder each year.

Next week, after Corn Hole, my group of ladies are going out for a Pizza luncheon. We could not agree on a day for a personal, in-house Brunch this month. We had one day scheduled, but one of us now has to babysit her grandson. I am not going to say anything.
She adores this kid. Her and her husband are the principal and only babysitters. I cannot say anything about it.

I have a small Christmas ornament for each of my group. I got it a month ago, when we had our Christmas luncheon planned. The woman who was going to hold brunch was a bit disappointed also, about rescheduling it. She wanted us to see her tree and decorations. I think I am just going to take the gifts to our Pizza Luncheon. The restaurant is just down the boulevard, on the beach, and is not crowded. We went there the other day, for coffee... Or I could invite them back over to my apartment, after the pizza lunch, and give them the gifts..

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Top of my list today is to get some sewing done. I have a thin cotton bedspread with an unfinished fringed edge that a certain cat (Miss Lola), loves to pull strings from and then eat. The best solution is for me to roll and sew the edges all around. It’s just a lot of work, all the edges have to be ironed and then folded over before sewing.

While I have the sewing machine open I am going to modify an old bra of mine to remove the metal on the clasps and straps and replace them with elastic. I have a bone scan coming up and you can’t wear anything metal. I would rather not have to undress and put on a gown so I will sacrifice an old bra instead.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I seem to remember seeing broader than usual bias binding tape. Would it perhaps be easier / quicker to find some in a coordinating color and use it to bind / hide the strings.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I seem to remember seeing broader than usual bias binding tape. Would it perhaps be easier / quicker to find some in a coordinating color and use it to bind / hide the strings.
Yeah, I thought about that, but that would require a trip out and who knows then if I would ever get back to it. So best to keep going and get something done.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday we went out to lunch. Himself had a barbecue buger with bacon (sound familiar?), cheddar, BBQ ranch dressing and fries, and decaf tea. I had a patti melt burger with sautéed onion, Swiss, horseradish mayo on grilled rye with sweet potato fries, and endless refills of decaf coffee.

Went to the independent bookstore in town (oh, if only I had more bookshelf space!) and found a birthday card for our son who is about to have an odometer change birthday.

And then to the feed and mercantile for a large bag of bird seed and two suet cakes.

Today I ordered two FreshCut paper bouquets ,for daughter and daughter in law, went to Costco (mobbed, guess everyone else is anticipating the torrential rain on Sunday.) And a surprise call from our intermittent handyman who will come this afternoon. So, so far, so good.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls this morning. I had a bad night, so stayed in bed for a while; Molli kept me company.
  • I have yet another script to pick up. I'm really getting tired of scripts. Rick will pick that up for me and grab a couple containers of beef broth as I have no beef broth in the freezer and need for tomorrow.
  • Do a decent swiffer about the house. Clean bathroom, wipe kitchen, all that good stuff.
  • I'd like to do a bit more Christmas stuff about the kitchen and in the living room.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls this morning. I had a bad night, so stayed in bed for a while; Molli kept me company.
  • I have yet another script to pick up. I'm really getting tired of scripts. Rick will pick that up for me and grab a couple containers of beef broth as I have no beef broth in the freezer and need for tomorrow.
  • Do a decent swiffer about the house. Clean bathroom, wipe kitchen, all that good stuff.
  • I'd like to do a bit more Christmas stuff about the kitchen and in the living room.
I'm sorry you had a bad night-I understand being tired of appts and Rx's and the whole 9 yards..... You're in my prayers- I hope you have a wonderful night tonight and sleep tight!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today confirmed that the manager at the IGA is a grump of world class rank. I was looking at thin cut boneless pork cutlets. And very strange - they are priced at $0.09 / pound. Package of 4 would cost 6 cents. Thick cut - same price. Whatever it was to the left - also mis-priced. Another shopper said I was a good customer as I start to head up front with one package. That he'd have taken them all.

So I get up front, call manager to the counter - she always looks like she's been sucking on lemons - and show her the mis-priced label. She calls someone to come up front who doesn't come, she takes the package and heads to the meat counter, gets him out of the back and they start clearing out the 15 or so packages. Totally ignores me.

I do think that saying thank you to me would have been appropriate. Perhaps next time I won't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.