Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Today confirmed that the manager at the IGA is a grump of world class rank. I was looking at thin cut boneless pork cutlets. And very strange - they are priced at $0.09 / pound. Package of 4 would cost 6 cents. Thick cut - same price. Whatever it was to the left - also mis-priced. Another shopper said I was a good customer as I start to head up front with one package. That he'd have taken them all.

So I get up front, call manager to the counter - she always looks like she's been sucking on lemons - and show her the mis-priced label. She calls someone to come up front who doesn't come, she takes the package and heads to the meat counter, gets him out of the back and they start clearing out the 15 or so packages. Totally ignores me.

I do think that saying thank you to me would have been appropriate. Perhaps next time I won't bother.
I understand but don't allow anyone to stop you from doing good----that's on her & we are not accountable for anyone's bad behavior or ignorance,in spite of a grump carry on having a wonderful day❤

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday’s project to trim and hem a bedspread went very well but took several hours to finish. Now washed and back on the bed you couldn’t tell it hadn’t always looked that way. But yikes, what a mess I made. I have vacuumed twice and am still finding little fuzzy bits of fabric everywhere.

It’s snowy and windy so I stayed in and pretty much did nothing . But I am working my way towards getting up and vacuuming again.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Some people are just like that and you just deal with them and move on. I'd have been snarky when she walked away, though, and sarcastically said something like, "You're welcome! Sigh!"

I slept fairly well last night, I guess. Doctor wants me drinking -- a LOT -- and I'm getting up to use the bathroom a few times a night. And whenever I do, Molli thinks she needs to su-purr-vise me and Tabby thinks it's time for a snack. It takes me a good hour to fall back asleep and then poof! Bladder calls again!

Rain this morning and the winds are to be gusty all day today. Ending with 1-3 inches of snow into tomorrow morning. Lovely.
  • Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher on Express, and am back here with my coffee. When Rick gets up, he will vacuum for me. I cleaned the house yesterday, other than the vacuuming, which Rick told me to leave for him.
  • My sister and BIL are coming in for beef pot pie tonight. She and I are making the dough together because she wants to learn how I make it. I do have a set recipe, but that doesn't mean I follow it; it's one of those things where I go how the dough goes. And I know that doesn't make a bit of sense.
  • Get laundry ready tonight for tomorrow morning.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault Some people are just like that and you just deal with them and move on. I'd have been snarky when she walked away, though, and sarcastically said something like, "You're welcome! Sigh!"

I slept fairly well last night, I guess. Doctor wants me drinking -- a LOT -- and I'm getting up to use the bathroom a few times a night. And whenever I do, Molli thinks she needs to su-purr-vise me and Tabby thinks it's time for a snack. It takes me a good hour to fall back asleep and then poof! Bladder calls again!

Rain this morning and the winds are to be gusty all day today. Ending with 1-3 inches of snow into tomorrow morning. Lovely.
  • Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher on Express, and am back here with my coffee. When Rick gets up, he will vacuum for me. I cleaned the house yesterday, other than the vacuuming, which Rick told me to leave for him.
  • My sister and BIL are coming in for beef pot pie tonight. She and I are making the dough together because she wants to learn how I make it. I do have a set recipe, but that doesn't mean I follow it; it's one of those things where I go how the dough goes. And I know that doesn't make a bit of sense.
  • Get laundry ready tonight for tomorrow morning.
Lol-same here & I said to my Dr" I already run to the bathroom 99,000 times- He replied" Try for 100,000!!!LOL-Funny guy

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is a pre-mega storm day!
I was up early for Mass...
* washed dishes
* gave G his first meds of the day
* Mass -- them pick up one script and order another one
* home, to make some decaf.. checked out my CD player! It still works!! A pain that the 5 disc player is broken; but, I can at least play one disc at a time from the single player!! The changer broke last year, around this time.
* made some decaf coffee, and listening to MY CD's... most I cannot pull up on the internet. I have a ton of them.

Lazy day today.. The tenants association is providing pizza to all their members. I was going to go down; honestly, I do not feel like it.
The mobs of crazy people vying for a couple slices of pizza. They really do act as if they never had pizza before, or that they were giving away 24 karat gold samples! I really cannot stand the greedy vultures.. anything for free!! It is not as if we do not have pizza places around here. There are 2 different pizza places a few doors down!! and another one at the other end of the beach, which delivers.

Now, I am planning on having a nice, pleasant, cozy day with Geoffrey. He needs his chemo today -skipped yesterday due to him not having much of an appetite. Did not want to give him a chemo capsule on an empty stomach. So will do it today, since he is eating.

I am planning on listening to MY Christmas CD's (since player is working)... Cuddle with Geoffrey, and watch a Christmas movie...
Supper--- who knows.. Grabbed a loaf of Italian scale bread at the bakery..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Snowed during the night, but barely an inch. The sun is shining now, but it looks cold.
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning, so I stayed in bed. Molli joined me after her breakfast. We cuddled until 8:00 or so, then I got up, gave them their after-breakfast breakfast, and enjoyed my coffee. Took a quart of chili out of the freezer for dinner. Went down for pasta sauce, saw the chili, and said, "Yeah, that works."
  • Clean out drawers in the middle bathroom cabinet.
  • Clean off my desk....again.
Well, it's happened. I lost track of my cookbooks. Rick was looking through an old Bisquick cookbook this morning. I saw the book and said, "Where in the world did you get that? That's a nice little book!" Dear Richard looked at me and said, "It's from the lower cabinet in the bookshelf." Hmmm, imagine that. I had no idea I had it. :lol: He was looking for an old baked chicken recipe that he used to make with Bisquick.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally found the winter shoes I have been shopping for, a pair of Merell shoes I ordered off of Amazon. My old pair was this brand and even though I wasn’t certain they would fit comfortably, they were so steeply discounted I just had to buy them. They arrived yesterday and fortunately they are both comfortable and a perfect fit.

I am finishing the last few pieces in a puzzle this morning and then I will clear the table, haul out the gifts and start wrapping.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally found the winter shoes I have been shopping for, a pair of Merell shoes I ordered off of Amazon. My old pair was this brand and even though I wasn’t certain they would fit comfortably, they were so steeply discounted I just had to buy them. They arrived yesterday and fortunately they are both comfortable and a perfect fit.

I am finishing the last few pieces in a puzzle this morning and then I will clear the table, haul out the gifts and start wrapping.
Yay- finally found your shoes! Glad they're comfy👍

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
* Up very early this morning for a doctor's appointment.
* did not vacuum, due to the time (early)
* G's morning meds, played with him, cuddled with him for a bit
* MD's appointment
* walked around Wegman's, since I never get to one, and there is one where the office is located.
* had a really good, different Blueberry muffin and some decaf upon arriving home.

Hanging out on here for a bit. The commute back and forth, during the rain this morning, the wait for the doctor, and the commute home, really made me sleepy! Listening to some nice, calming, instrumental Christmas music, on an old CD.

Trying to think about all the things this doctor told me. She is really good. I did a Zoom meeting with her during Covid lockdown. Now, meeting her in person. I had to wait 6 months for an appointment. I really like her, down to earth, takes her time with each patient, stops periodically to ask of there are any questions, gentle...smart.. No wonder there is such a long waiting period for an appointment. She changed her location from Boston to a suburb.. on the other side of Boston. I hate the distance, but I am thinking I will keep her. She was recommended by my last GI Doc when she retired-- I know why. I think we she will be a good 'mesh' for me.
Has a 'plan'.. or two...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Restless night and then, around the time I fell asleep, Molli went after Muffin and I got up.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and came back here with my coffee
  • Two loads of laundry
  • Medical appt this afternoon
We finally found caffeine-free Pepsi in the store. For the last several years, we couldn't find it, only in diet. They must have started working with the cans or something again. Caffeine-free Coke, too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick took care of the girls. I was done sleeping and couldn't see just hanging out in bed, so I got up, too.
  • Back here enjoying my coffee right now
  • Medical appointment this morning. Rick will drop me off, hit the butcher shop, a few things at the grocery, take it all home and then come back to me.
  • Come home, change the bedsheets and throw the dirty ones in the washer. I want to get our red snowflakes sheets and comforter out, was going to do it yesterday and got side-tracked.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Already did everything I wanted to get done except painting a bathroom- not gonna happen today

Usual start - I swept & bagged up 3 lawn n leaf bags( very windy) picked up all the palm fronds,fed squirrels & birds
Then I do 7 litter boxes,clean the kitty water dispenser dishes and throw out the garbage- by then it's 5am & kitties get breakfast

I had a light agenda for today,3 things were:
Cleaning the kitchen appliances,cabinets( outside) and backsplash

Cleaning all the glass( tables and countertops( all glass) and shelves,etegere

And then I was going to paint,,it's already 8:30am so I'm no longer interested becsusd the gal is coming at 9 to clean the sliding glass doors,a mirrored wall and vacuum- so I quit for awhile,no telling what I might get into later

PS-,I'm feeling like super woman becausd double shot of cortisone has significantly lessened the knee pain-YAY So I was denied knee surgery until we get the big C under control but at least I can move around some now-----I'm thrilled 👍❤

----

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I took Domino and Mr Poe to the vet for their annual checkup visit. They have both lost a little weight but still look good. Discussed their response to vaccines - lethargy and inappetence - so it was agreed that this year they will receive the three year rabies vaccine and wait until next year for the FVRCP. They each also received a meloxicam shot to mitigate their response to rabies vaccine.

Domino threw up a huge hairball in his carrier on the way there. I do furminate him but apparently not strongly enough - the vet brought out a medium dog furminator and gave Domino a good going over. Could not believe how much fur she got off him! And, although there's now a notice that says they no longer trim nails except at an appointment and there is now a $10 charge, both cats had their nails trimmed as a courtesy, no charge.

I mentioned that Domino gets in my lap when I'm at the computer and gets up on our bed at night. But he is hesitant to jump up onto bathroom counter. You know, paces back and forth a bit while peering up, then walks away. It was suggested he is developing arthritis and there's now a shot (of course, there's always a shot!) But she checked his eyes and Domino is beginning to develop cataracts.

So that's the result of this morning's outing. Now that we are back home, while Domino is visible, Mr Poe is invisible..

What else to do today . . . when I ran the dishwasher yesterday evening I took the above stove filters and ran them through. Now I have to reassemble them and put them back in place.

And some laundry also.

UPDATE Domino enthusiastically ate his lunch and even wanted extra. Mr Poe is curled up and hiding behind the floor length drapes behind the recliner. Rather than shove a dish with food at him I will just leave him be to recover from today's extremely disturbing/ upsetting event.

UPDATE #2 Mr Poe just appeared in my study. I dashed for the kitchen and fixed a dish of food for him. Came back and he was no where to be seen but I could hear noises from under the bed. Put the dish down, retreated, and closed the door. I can hear noises that indicate he is eating. Good!

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Up this morning around 6:30. The cats, used to getting up around 7:00, said "Sure!" when I asked them if they were ready for breakfast a little early.
  • Breakfast for the girls, no dishwasher to empty, and I'm back here with my coffee
  • A quick shower, then a medical appt this morning. Rick didn't make it into the butcher yesterday during my appt, so he's going in this morning after he drops me off.
  • I didn't get the bed sheets changed yesterday, so must do them this morning.
  • My keyboard may be on the way. I couldn't access anything, restarted to the computer, and got "keyboard not initialized". But then it started to work again, after I jiggled the cord. I may need to bite the bullet and grab a new keyboard.

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
The usual outside chores except it's been soooo windy thst there's 5xs more leaves to clean up ( maybe 4 lawn & leaf bags- it's alot).Took me more time so kitty breakfast was a bit late- nobody minded as they were all sleeping when I came back inside

All litter done,Trash thrown out,babies are fed and really finished with chores

7:30 am and I should start painting the kitchen,it could be done & over with if I could just get started..I've never put off anything in my life,don't know what's wrong with me lately-not motivated at all

Looks like it will be a lazy day with movies and cuddles❤

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Some nearly Christmas cleanup - broke down and disposed of the enormous pile of boxes I was hoarding because I might need them for Christmas gifts.
Giving my new boots and shoes a waterproofing spray
Making a Dollar store run in a short while.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Early this morning was kind of a quick rush due to annual apartment inspection. Of course, they came in at the the end of the designated time frame. In and out... I did mention a few things.. but... who knows if anything will come out of it??
* fast morning stuff
* While waiting, I played Christmas Music, and wrote out cards.. for in the building and some to mail..
* After inspection, I left to pick up some groceries and another script.
* need to throw out some trash.
And then decide what I want for supper.... It is a major decision.
~
Yesterday was:
Regular stuff; then Corn Hole, then dump litter and do a good clean out of the litter box, and the Litter Genie...
The Choral Club gave a 'recital' (show) last night.. It was much better than last year . I also had a bible class, but I have friends in the Choral Club, so I really had to go to the choral club show. I also had a friend who dressed up as Mrs Claus!! I also know the guy who dressed up as Santa..
I sound terrible, but with each 'recital' I feel as if I am watching something from a TV show--- a bunch of seniors, putting on a show. Kind of when you say.. Oh, I hope I never get that way... Well, I guess I am now!!! Life is strange.

Found my nativity, the other day.. I feel so much better.. Weird that I am so attached to it.. but I remember when my mom took me into the store to pick it out. It is a connection to my mom, and my dad.. My dad, glued a 'star' on to the roof of the stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.