Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Packed up two more boxes of assorted holiday cookies and delivered them - a larger one to vet hospital and more modest one to pharmacy where I also picked up my prescriptions in advance of extraction of two adjacent teeth next week, first step for implant procedure.

Stopped at the very good farm stand and bought evercrisp apples, leeks, potatoes, cider, and apple cider donuts.

Stopped at IGA and got lunch meat, cheese, rolls, coffee, milk, and a rib roast, when I found one that A) is just over 3+ pounds and B) is good for sale up until Boxing Day. Usually most of the rib roasts are 5 or 6 pounds and that's just too much for the two of us, even with the ever helpful two cats.

Came home and Himself mentioned that the tree guy whose company did such good work for us this fall stopped by to drop off a very pretty small arrangement of greenery, white and red carnations as a thank you for our business.

For the rest of the afternoon I need to

1) keep an eye on the wood burning stove thermometer and prepare to throw another log on the fire, as needed
2) get a container of pulled pork out of the freezer for tonight's dinner
3) and cope with whatever else pops up

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before brutal winter weather descends on northern Illinois tomorrow:
I bought 15 lbs of shelled peanuts for the squirrels and birds
Filled up my car with gas
Went grocery shopping with a thousand other people

I'm prepared to stay inside until Monday, when temperatures should moderate.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls this morning. Molli and I snuggled until 8 or so, then I got up and grabbed a quick shower.

Got the cookies done yesterday, but not the bread. No more cookies until February (at least!). I made more macadamia nut cookies, and the sugar cookies for Rick's bowling league (I put 50 cookies on the Santa tray for his league. He came home with an empty tray.)

Started snowing around 8:30. Everything is covered with white and the road does not look all that great. Supposed to change over to all rain late this afternoon. The weather bottom falls tomorrow with rapidly dropping temps and black ice. It's going to be frigid this weekend. The cats will end up in bed under the electric blanket most of the weekend....probably with me with them! With all that ice, I won't get to the Shed. I was out there yesterday to make sure the plants were OK. Took the violets out of the window above the door. Watered everything. It seems warm enough for the plants (sometimes, if it gets cooler out there, the plants go into a blooming frenzy).
  • Eye appt this afternoon. I was going to re-schedule, but Rick says he'll get us there. We were going to visit with Rick's mom, but if things don't improve weather-wise, we'll be coming right back home after my appt. I hate driving in this stuff. I'm a coward.
  • Sort laundry for tomorrow.
  • I have the phone, the Kindle, and the iPad charging. Just in case the power goes out. My phone died last night and I didn't know it til I looked at it this morning. That's been happening a lot lately.
Not really all that much going on today.

ETA: I just cancelled my eye appt. We've already gotten almost 5 inches and it's not supposed to change over until around 5 this afternoon, so it could get ugly in another couple of hours for my eye appt. We're in the boonies. We've seen people driving v-e-r-y slowly out the road. Not going there. The receptionist was really nice about it, said they're getting cancellations right and left, to the point where they'll have to call sometime next week to re-schedule; they can't do it today.

Last edited:

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
write my letters since i didnt do them last night
gather up a outfit for sunday to wear when i go to my in laws house
pray that the weather isnt too bad when the hubs goes into work this afternoon ( supposed to get between 6-10 inches of snow)
talk to mamanyt1953 later this afternoon when she is up

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had a little over 5 inches of snow yesterday. Then it changed over to rain. While we still have snow, the driveway is now cleared and the road in front of the house looks good. But that's before the Arctic Freeze hits today around noon or so. Going to be really ugly tonight and we're staying in the house.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee
  • The first of two loads of laundry is in the washer.
  • We're going to figure out if today is a good day to visit with Rick's mom. Raining like crazy and it's to turn into ice later on. Not pretty.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rain yesterday, an additional half inch since midnight and it's still raining here in western New Jersey. Snow flurries midday, then very windy afternoon accompanied by plunging temperatures. We have ample food for man and beast (woman too) and ample firewood.

There must have been a brief power outage overnight. How do I know? The microwave needed it's clock reset. How to I know it was brief? The generator didn't start up.

I am here with my second cup of coffee but first I'm drinking because it turned out that the last of the milk had curdled. Yuck! But I had bought fresh when I was at the store. Could always mix up some powdered milk.

Speaking of which - typical powdered milk is skim milk. But I have seen Nido brand in with Hispanic food section of supermarket, which is full fat powdered milk. Has anyone used it and has any thoughts?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm so glad you're getting the surgery. :hugs:

We lost internet connection last night. I messed around for about 90 minutes, trying to get it restored. Kept resetting and resetting. Rick was not amused as he was trying to watch Jack Ryan on Prime. I finally gave up and walked away. Came back about 15 minutes later and it was up and running. He was able to finish his episodes. I really think it was the wind causing problems. Didn't even bother going out to the Shed. And I didn't bother with the Fire Stick in the bedroom either. That Fire Stick is bad on a good night, buffering every 2-3 minutes, losing connections, etc. I knew it would be futile last night. For me, it was a good night to go without TV and just read in bed. Once I got Rick satisfied with the internet, I went to bed with the girls, put the electric blanket on High, and read for a few hours. He finished the season of Jack Ryan around 1:00 this morning.

Ended up around 1F this morning. Wind chill considerably colder than that. A very light dusting of snow, but the wind blew most of it. We are to barely, just barely, get out of single digits today. But tonight will be downright balmy....at around 10F.
  • Drinking my coffee. Rick got up with the girls and then Molli came back to bed with me.
  • Changed the bed sheets and put the dirty sheets in the washer. I'm also doing a load of kitty blankies.
  • Sticky buns today at some point. I'll finish my coffee and then get to work on the dough. When the buns are done and cooled down a bit, I'll get a tray of cookies and buns together to take over to our neighbors.
  • Need to wrap a few of Rick's gifts. His big present is too heavy for me to handle, so I'm going to push it from the computer room, out the hallway to under the tree and put a bow on it. Done! He's doing that for me, too, as mine is too heavy for paper. It works.
  • Try to figure out why in the world I have no blasted sound on my computer.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
have not been on for a bit..
I have been sick--and still are really sick.. Two visits to Urgent care in 3 days..
I have RSV which is exacerbating a constant asthma attack. Have tons of steroids; oral, inhalers, etc...cough med,--everything I want EXCEPT for antibiotics and codeine cough syrup.. dam..
Because it is viral, they refuse to prescribe antibiotics!! dam.. Chest X-ray negative. if it showed pneumonia or bronchitis, I would have gotten antibiotics..
I am scaring Geoffrey with my cough, wheezing..

Yesterday, at Urgent Care, they told me that my next step would be the ER.. Nope.. cannot leave Geoffrey. No one would be willing to feed/scoop with the RSV in this apartment. And NO ONE would be willing or able to give him his daily meds which are 2-3 times a day. If I do go to ER it is a refusal of hospital admission.

So Christmas is completely cancelled. I am taking the time to stay home.. Only going to the trash room to dump junk. and using a Swiffer and hand vacuum for the litter.. Yes, Geoffrey does scream if it is not only picked up from the box, and also the floor.. he is too clean..
Geoffrey does not understand what is going on.. He is frightened of my cough.. and me being so different .. The other day, he even tried smelling my mouth, because he smelt I was sick.. cats... He wants to love me and be loved, but he is afraid..
breaks my heart, but I cannot help it.. I am really sick..

Anyway.. whining.. gotta go use first inhaler..

Merry Christams to all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.