Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Christmas, act 1. I need to clean up, bake a pie and snow blow the drive. It is sunny and a hair (-5) warmer than day before yesterday and the drive only needs a couple quick passes.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
have not been on for a bit..
I have been sick--and still are really sick.. Two visits to Urgent care in 3 days..
I have RSV which is exacerbating a constant asthma attack. Have tons of steroids; oral, inhalers, etc...cough med,--everything I want EXCEPT for antibiotics and codeine cough syrup.. dam..
Because it is viral, they refuse to prescribe antibiotics!! dam.. Chest X-ray negative. if it showed pneumonia or bronchitis, I would have gotten antibiotics..
I am scaring Geoffrey with my cough, wheezing..

Yesterday, at Urgent Care, they told me that my next step would be the ER.. Nope.. cannot leave Geoffrey. No one would be willing to feed/scoop with the RSV in this apartment. And NO ONE would be willing or able to give him his daily meds which are 2-3 times a day. If I do go to ER it is a refusal of hospital admission.

So Christmas is completely cancelled. I am taking the time to stay home.. Only going to the trash room to dump junk. and using a Swiffer and hand vacuum for the litter.. Yes, Geoffrey does scream if it is not only pickedso sorry cindy. xxxx up from the box, and also the floor.. he is too clean..
Geoffrey does not understand what is going on.. He is frightened of my cough.. and me being so different .. The other day, he even tried smelling my mouth, because he smelt I was sick.. cats... He wants to love me and be loved, but he is afraid..
breaks my heart, but I cannot help it.. I am really sick..

Anyway.. whining.. gotta go use first inhaler..

Merry Christams to all!!

so sorry cindy💗💖

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom i understand how you feel . im on codeine cough syrup prescribed by my regular doctor and my cough is just about gone . poor geoffrey

post on all my sites that i chat on everyday
maybe go get todays mail ( waiting for my postage stamps to arrive)
pick out a cute necklace to wear with my outfit for tomorrow
write some letters
play my game some more after the hubs goes to work
talk to mamanyt1953

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Sent you an IM. Please take care! :hugs:

Still really windy, but not as bad as Friday. Got back out to the Shed yesterday and the temp was down to the mid-40s and that's with both heaters running. We took a space heater out and hooked it up; that got it up to the low 60s. But I stayed out there until around 9:00 and when I left, it was 58. Rick went out at 11 and turned the space heater off. The plants seem to be OK, thankfully. That's the worst in the 3 years that we've had the Shed. Never, ever has it been that cold out there. Rick suggested that I buy insulated drapes for the windows and use them in addition to the blinds in the winter. Fortunately, we are to warm back up in a day or two, so maybe things can get back to normal. With these temps, I can't really even bring the plants into the house; I'm afraid the shock of them going out in this cold would kill them.

Finally made it to Rick's mom yesterday afternoon. She was tickled with her things we gave her: chocolate-covered pretzels, a bit of the baby Swiss cheese, sticky buns, several kinds of cookies, and a large bag of Ghirardelli assorted chocolates. There's really not much that she needs and she always likes cookies and chocolates. When we left, she was digging into the sticky buns.

Rick took cookies and sticky buns over to our neighbors. They were really happy with everything. He told Rick that he really appreciates us taking care of them. The only cookies they had were what we gave them; they're elderly and she doesn't bake anymore. When Rick left, he said they were also digging into the sticky buns.

We wore masks when we visited. We actually started wearing masks again about two weeks ago whenever we're out and about. Sometimes, it seems that we're the only ones masking in the stores. But there's so much crap going around.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee and waiting on Dear Richard to awaken. We'll have our hot chocolate and sticky buns while we open gifts.
  • No laundry, no cleaning. Not today. We're eating around 1:00, so I have the rest of the day to just sit. And read. And that's what I plan on doing. The apple pie is in the oven; I made the glaze for the ham. Now it's just a matter of getting things together for our dinner.
  • Keep a close eye on the Shed temp.
Merry Christmas!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Christmas act 2. Load gifts, load extra stuff that needs to go to my nieces (cookbooks and a sewing machine), bake and bring dinner rolls. Then sit around, eat, open gifts, and home. DONE.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I could not sleep last night. Last time I looked at the clock, it was going on 3:00. I was too warm, then chilly, then warm again. Couldn't get comfortable. Molli finally got disgusted with me and went up to the pillows behind us. After a lot of muttering at me, Muffin went to the foot of the bed. I dropped off, but it wasn't a good night. Never budged until 9:00 this morning.
  • Dragged my butt out of bed and am drinking my coffee. We're going to the grocery to pick up produce and apple cider for tomorrow's Christmas dinner with the kids. (Got the chicken thighs, three racks of ribs, and some bacon out of the freezer yesterday to start thawing for tomorrow.)
  • Baking a loaf of bread and some dinner rolls for tomorrow.
  • A load of our stuff, a load of kitty stuff, and a load of towels for the laundry. Rip through this messy house!
  • Taking our gifts over to my sister and BIL tonight.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am de-Chrismasing this morning because I have been so anxious to see how my new dining room bookshelf/display cases look with my year round things in them. Took a break from that to do patio snow removal which I didn’t do last week when it was so cold. I need to get to Walmart but am waiting for the roads to improve some.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I slept fairly well last night, but am really pooped this morning. And I woke up feeling stressed. I don't know why. Not good.

Just found out last night that our granddaughter is coming down with something. She's got the cough and the sniffles that the rest of them had been dealing with. She had escaped being sick....or so they thought. They're coming up anyway. Our son is dropping the kids off here and then he and our DIL are visiting with Rick's mom for a while. I have Evelyn's Kindle ready for them to take with them.

Bread is baked, chicken is almost done and in the fridge (has to go into the NFG to finish), desserts are made, decaf ice tea is in the fridge, the asparagus and leeks are cleaned and ready to go into the frying pan. Pickled eggs are done.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and I'm back here with my coffee. Going to grab a quick shower and then start cooking. (Ever notice my showers are always "quick"? One of these days, I'm going to grab a long, leisurely shower, when I can just stand under the water for an hour. Just because.)
  • I need to make the 7-layer salad and the cheesy mashed. Rick is in charge of the ribs.
  • After the kids leave, I'm going to hang out in the Shed for a while tonight....with a Smirnoff or three.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I got my house in order yesterday, all I had to do today was make out January's dinner menu and vacuum the cat hair and litter that had collected on the basement stairs. I also started the dishwasher and will have to empty it when done so I guess that makes 3 things!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Still working on putting away the Christmas stuff and have a haircut appointment at noon. Hoping that the Chewy order will finally be delivered after a four day wait. Otherwise I run out of Willow’s food tomorrow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I was pooped last night and went to bed very early. Slept like a rock until Molli woke me up at 8:00 to come into the bedroom after breakfast. We cuddled until 9:00 and I'm up and enjoying my coffee.

Had a great time with the kids and the Grands. Our son visited with Rick's mom; our DIL and the Grands stayed with us. Our son, grandson, and son's FIL would like to come up this coming spring for fishing. They were trying to figure something out with Rick. They'll stay in the Shed while they're here.

Not planning on doing much today....
  • Need a do a load of towels, the tablecloth, and napkins from dinner yesterday
  • Work on a large grocery list for after the New Year
And I really think that's pretty much it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Working on my post Christmas “must do” list. Ran to the bank to deposit craft show cash, stopped at Best Buy to get a new computer to replace my obsolete Windows 7 one. Great sales going on, only paid $386 including tax for a new HP running Windows 11. Now I am going out to scrape some ice and do drive way cleanup since we are having a temporary warmup.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had last two back molars, top left, removed this morning. First step for implant in 3 months.

Second dose of Tylenol 3 in late afternoon triggered bad stomach pain which was finally controlled with three doses of Pepto-bismol

Only 2 things but I feel they should count for more

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's really nice out....you'd never know the weather was trying to kill us last week!

You know, I have to give a shout-out to the girls. They were great with the tree, they nosed around the presents (but didn't try to destroy anything), they were very well-behaved girls this year. Years ago, we would take wrapped gifts out to put under the tree and Mollipop would open the gifts; she and Muffin love paper. We've learned to wrap on Christmas Eve. But even then, they were fine this year.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and had my coffee. Then my head exploded. Back to bed and just got back up. I feel fairly well right now.
  • Take the leaf out of the kitchen table to make it smaller. We usually keep it small for just Rick and me and then put the leaf in to enlarge it when people come in for dinner. Muffin and Tabby have been enjoying the larger table, but it was time. I had no room to move.
  • Put Christmas gifts away.
  • Start to read Fairy Tale. I had some library books that I wanted to finish. Rick says I'm getting old; it used to be that when I got the Christmas King book, I would devour it Christmas night by staying up all night to read. Now I let it go for a while. I told him that it builds up the level of anticipation. :lol:
Really isn't much to do. The house is fairly clean, kitchen looks decent as does the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.