Name Three Things - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Multiple eye drops to give to Mum now she home from hospital (Chlorsig four times a day, Predneferin Forte every two hours, Azarga twice a day).

Just gave Daisy a long-overdue combing with her Kong Zoom Groom (which she loves). I could stuff a pillow with all her spare fur.

Have a third go at the fisherman’s rib beret I’m knitting.

Otherwise I’m hoping it will be a peaceful day, unlike yesterday.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Another busy day:
* quick morning stuff
* medicate Geoffrey periodically during the day-- chemo
* errands... bank, more GC, put some gifts together, bakery for Italian cookies (a gift--so good)
*drop off gifts
* drive to Boston to pick up Geoffrey meds

Hoping that is all; but I expect more..

Yesterday was horrendously busy..
* quick swiffer
* Geoffrey Meds
* errands, 2 stops
* PT
* Food Committee meeting
*Covid test
*Newspaper meeting

So busy.. Some days are non-stop.. I think Friday is an 'empty' day...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday was so much fun! We made 20 pounds of smoked sausage links, 20 pounds of loose sausage, and 10 pounds of brats. I have a lot of trouble with the casings (getting them open and cleaned) and I think it's because of my nails. I weighed all the seasonings out in the kitchen while my BIL got the mixer and then the stuffer set up and ready to go on the back porch. He's upgraded since the last time I helped. I used to have to mix the sausage by hand; now everything is electric. We used to crank the stuffer by hand; that is now electric, too. It was chilly but I dressed for it and I was fine. He was going to take the links to be smoked into the smokehouse when we we left. He asked me if I wanted to try making soppressata and capicola in January. Count me in! The man is a master! And he pays very well. :woo: He gave us a couple pounds of loose sausage, some smoked Cooper cheddar, some dried beef, and a beautiful roll of summer sausage.

Beautiful morning. Sunny and gorgeous. The calm today before the storm moves in tomorrow.
  • Hit the winery this morning for next Christmas weekend. Hit the chocolate maker in town for chocolate covered pretzels for Dear Richard and for his mom. We may go to the farmers' market while we're in town, too. I have to pick up 4 concrete paw prints for my sister and BIL's yard. And a flag holder with a kitty. It's for their Christmas gift this year. (She's been wanting paw prints for a while now. I'd like to have some paw prints, too, to go from the deck over to the patio at the WeShed. I'll get mine next spring.) And while we're out and about, we'll stop at the cheesemaker for several wheels of baby Swiss, for my sister and BIL, for us, and for our kids. Hit the grocery store for some Fancy Feast and Temptation packages for the girls' Christmas stockings.
  • Back home to bake those cake mix chocolate chip cookies this afternoon.
  • Sort through laundry for tomorrow. I make my piles the night before on the bathroom floor.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Accomplished all things.. plus picked up a couple of gift cards. I think I am done... tired... drinking decaf coffee..
Geoffrey may get a cuddling soon--- on the bed...
Sweet boy..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things to do as we close in on the holidays . . . I accomplished four out of five this morning.

Went to the IGA for a package of coffee beans (it's a gift item.) And as long as I was there I bought rolls and bananas and more. Paid, left, about to get in my car and realized I forgot to get a birthday card for our son! Back into store, found a very nice, suitable card - it had an image of a bicyclist in a landscape that almost looked like the Isle of Skye (there's a story behind this, not that our son has ever bicycled on the Isle of Skye but he has traveled to the southeast USA to participate in Grand Fondo races.)

Went to deliver a fruitcake but the place was closed.

Went to the post office to mail said birthday card, a fruitcake, another fruitcake and coffee (not today's purchase.)

Traveled down the road to the end of driveway with eggs in cooler. Lots of chicken eggs. AND one dozen duck eggs. So I bought a dozen of each.

Now onward to the gourmet shop to find something for daughter and daughter in law. They helped me out by suggesting a fabric gift bag with two bottles of Tuscan olive oil. Wonderful. I brought names and addresses written out. They'll pack up both sets and mail out, this afternoon, no less.

In between I've made fires in the wood burning stove, cleaned cooking pots, cleaned litter pan, etc etc etc.

This afternoon I will prepare and refrigerate cookie doughs, wrap and pack a fruit cake and the coffee purchased earlier today to be mailed - but not sure when. Tomorrow it is supposed to snow and change over to rain. Himself has a PT / INR at the local clinic in the morning. If it is not terribly horribly bad weather I'll go with him and we'll stop at the post office on the way home.

Now to go check the fire in the stove and head for the kitchen to start assembling flour and sugar and such, tra la la.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Another busy day:
* Breakfast, quick swiffer
* out early to grocery store
* Physical Therapy
* ? enough time to put groceries away.
* out to Boston for appointment
** home. resting..

Not sure about supper.. I will be too tired to cook anything. I have to check out prepared meals.. or pick something g up on the way home. Maybe steak & cheese??

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Woke up to freezing rain this morning. Turned the back light on and it looks nasty. According to our local weather weenies and our Accuweather forecast, we are in the area for 4 to 8 inches of snow, along with what could be up to 1/2-inch of ice. Winter is here!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • The first of two loads of laundry is in the washer.
  • Kolaches, a loaf of rustic sourdough bread, and pizza dough for tonight's dinner are on my baking chart for today.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
We are expecting rain, around noontime. Tonight will be bad, with mostly rain, with Friday also; ending sometime early Saturday morning. I am staying home, once I get back from Boston. Just have to get a script. That can be picked up after church on Sunday Morning.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
went to rite aid for something to put an end to my leg pain and picked up a birthday card for my mom
check the mail later
write my letters
take another nap so that i wont be so tired tonite

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sleety spicules of icy water falling steadily from the gray sky. Temperature right around 32 / 33 /35 degrees Fahrenheit.

Off this morning for PT / INR for Himself. On the way there we stopped at the post office to mail coffee and fruitcake to his sister, then at the cafe that was closed yesterday to drop off fruitcake. Health center stop went quickly. And then back home.

Once home I put bird seed in the flying saucer feeder. Don't like to use tube feeder in wet weather. Not good for wet seed / turns moldy.

Built a fire in the stove.

Now sitting here with nice warm cat in my lap.

Cookies to be baked this afternoon.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
write my letters since i didnt do that yet
pour me a nice glass of egg nog to sip
put some more ben gay on my left leg later

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Our forecasted 4 - 8 inches of snow turned into a couple of inches of snow with freezing rain and then just rain. My friend from work lost power for about 15 minutes or so last night. Fortunately, we're good. For now anyway. Temps were in the high 30s, but are supposed to drop steadily throughout the day.
  • Sitting back here with my coffee and hanging out on the computer for a while
  • Change the bed sheets and wash the dirty ones
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer this afternoon
And that will probably be my day. No cookies to bake, no bread, nothing. I'm done! (until next week)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My son and I are trying to figure out a day for Christmas this year. Our grandson is still really bad with the coughing and snotting around. And well, I have to be honest, we don't want to get sick, if we can help it. I think we're shooting for the Friday right before New Year now. And that's fine with me.

It had to happen. We're completely out of coffee. I thought I had it worked out when I ordered coffee that we'd barely make it. And our shipment is coming some time today. I made an iced coffee for Dear Richard with the coffee we had left this morning. And, if you knew how much I loved my morning coffee, you'd realize how hard it was for me to make it for Rick instead. :) Rick looked at me, thanked me, and said he loved me, too.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and made Rick's coffee.
  • Work on a grocery list; we'll go on Monday.
  • While Rick watches football games, I'm heading to the Shed this afternoon.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls. Molli came back to bed after breakfast for bathing and a snuggle. Then she and I got up and I'm drinking my coffee. It came yesterday, so I was not coffee-less after all! :woo: (It's the little things.)
  • Rick wants to grab a few groceries this morning, so we're going to head down to the store in a few.
  • My bread oven also came yesterday, so I'm baking bread this afternoon. And another :woo: Must try it out. I'm excited.
  • Sort laundry for tomorrow.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I attended my niece's piano recital earlier today (I picked up some flowers yesterday that I thought she'd get a kick out of receiving today). I had lunch at my sister's house afterwards and then came home and worked on some pottery, which included fixing some bowls and then glazing a bunch of stuff.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Had a wee dusting of snow overnight. Not anything to get excited about.
Didn't get bread done yesterday. We ran around getting groceries, getting things done, then came home and Rick hit the couch for the Eagles game. I went out to the Shed.
  • Breakfast for the girls, running the dishwasher now, and I have the first load of laundry in the washer. Sitting back here with my coffee.
  • After my coffee, there's a loaf of bread waiting for me to make it!
  • Hit Target for a script for me. We would have done it yesterday, but pharmacy is not open on Sundays anymore.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The bread is simply excellent.
  • We got to Target for my prescription. Picked up a few other things. I went to our grocery store for 2 boxes of Nutty Buddy bars for Dear Richard's Christmas stocking. I've done this for decades; he loves those things! Also to Lowes for suet cakes for the birds in the back yard. They've really been hammering on the cakes and we were getting low. We have berry for the other birds and a woodpecker variety for the woodpeckers that hang out here. We have Woody the Small and Woody the Medium (and their mates). We haven't seen Woody the WHOA! (the humongous woodpecker). I like to watch them peck away; the smaller birds will hang out on the ground below the suet and grab everything that falls. Also to the local butcher for rolls of garlic bologna, wings and some beef short ribs.
  • I need to make more macadamia nut cookies. I knew that would happen; Rick really went to town on them. And, you know, it's not like he never gets cookies, for crying out loud. They're gone, the chocolate chip cookies are gone. I'll make the batter for the macadamia cookies tonight and bake them tomorrow, while I'm baking sugar cookies for his bowling league's cookie night tomorrow night. And then that is it. I swear. The macadamia nut cookies are his mom's favorite cookie and she's wondering if there are any left. I told her to talk to her son.
  • Trash night tonight. I'm going to have to go through the fridge and see what I can take out to the fridge in the Shed for Christmas. I need some space.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got up with the girls, had a raging headache, so went back to bed. I feel human now.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and went back to bed. Up and enjoying my coffee now.
  • Bake cookies: sugar cookies and white chip and macadamia nut cookies
  • Bake a loaf of sourdough bread
Not much else going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.