Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Mia6 Mia6 , I am so so so sorry... I hope you get a new helper, soon... What a mess. This entire episode just shows the true character of Kaylie.

Today is excessively hot, again... going stir crazy in the house with the blinds shut. It is really too hot to go outside, for anything. Even doing any housework, with the AC on is difficult.

It was already 80 degrees in Boston, at 7am. And Geoffrey is back in the hot bedroom! He will not stay in the AC with me.. crazy cat...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I am so sorry. She won’t last long at that job; it’s just a matter of time. It’s a shame that you had to deal with her at all. :hugs: I hope Jon can find someone who truly cares. I understand it’s difficult.

We hit 99 yesterday and it was still 80 at 10:00 last night. The power has gone off several times, just for an instant, and restarts promptly. Molli threw up last night and I think it was the heat. Rick just told me that his buddy, who lives in Oregon, told him it was 116 where he lives…..in the woods! It’s really hurting the farms out there, which will mean higher produce prices. But hey, there’s no climate change, right?!
  • So far, I’ve had my coffee.
  • Took a dough ball out of the freezer. I’m going to make ham and cheese calzones, but in the NFG. It’s too hot to even think about turning the oven on! I figure it’s worth a shot. The worst that can happen is that they’ll get too done.
  • Start working on a grocery list for shopping tomorrow morning.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Rick just told me that his buddy, who lives in Oregon, told him it was 116 where he lives…..in the woods!
:yeah: I’m in southern Oregon, and the heat and lack of humidity drain every atom of energy from your body. Yesterday afternoon on my patio:
48E59320-611E-4A64-8CAA-2EE3E620D0E7.jpeg

Finished my walk early this morning. All of us regulars are out by 7 at the latest. The forecast shows highs above 100°F for the next week.

I did my first breathing treatment with the nebulizer that was delivered yesterday. The doctor says I have asthma. The little machine is quiet, but the cats were a bit worried about it. Mocha sat about 10 feet away with her head tipped to the side, watching carefully to make sure the new contraption wasn’t going to devour me and then go after her. I just wish the thing came with a mask rather than the mouthpiece I have to hold up with my hand and grip with my mouth for 10 minutes.

I’m watching the girls watch a mother bird and two demanding, screeching youngsters right outside the patio door, not two feet away from the cats’ quivering noses and tense bodies. It’s still only 73°F so the door is open. We’ll hit triple digits this afternoon, though. I’ll be closing the door in the next hour or so.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: I’m in southern Oregon, and the heat and lack of humidity drain every atom of energy from your body. Yesterday afternoon on my patio:
View attachment 386163

Finished my walk early this morning. All of us regulars are out by 7 at the latest. The forecast shows highs above 100°F for the next week.

I did my first breathing treatment with the nebulizer that was delivered yesterday. The doctor says I have asthma. The little machine is quiet, but the cats were a bit worried about it. Mocha sat about 10 feet away with her head tipped to the side, watching carefully to make sure the new contraption wasn’t going to devour me and then go after her. I just wish the thing came with a mask rather than the mouthpiece I have to hold up with my hand and grip with my mouth for 10 minutes.

I’m watching the girls watch a mother bird and two demanding, screeching youngsters right outside the patio door, not two feet away from the cats’ quivering noses and tense bodies. It’s still only 73°F so the door is open. We’ll hit triple digits this afternoon, though. I’ll be closing the door in the next hour or so.
If you have a local hospital supply store,you might call them and see if they have a mask available for your type of machine.I'm not fond of the mask and prefer the hand held,but that's just me.Might also check with your doctor and see if they can set you up with one.When my doctor decided I needed to have a machine at home,she set everything up for me and all I had to do was go by the hospital supply and pick it up.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
If you have a local hospital supply store,you might call them and see if they have a mask available for your type of machine.I'm not fond of the mask and prefer the hand held,but that's just me.Might also check with your doctor and see if they can set you up with one.When my doctor decided I needed to have a machine at home,she set everything up for me and all I had to do was go by the hospital supply and pick it up.
Thanks! My doctor’s PA arranged everything for me, and it was actually delivered right to my house. I did better with it this afternoon, but I still drool like crazy trying to keep my mouth tight around it. :drool: And the cats are still scared of it. When I turned it on, Lily was just getting ready to jump in my lap. She turned around and tore out of the room. They’ll get used to it I’m sure.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tobermory Tobermory I keep hearing that the weather is going to let up. I hope it does for you.

We hit the upper 90s again yesterday; today it should be in the mid 90s. I think this is our last day of the 90s, but it is still to be humid as heck. All the humidity, but no rain. The storms either go to the north of us or to the south of us. We had lots of lightning last night, but no rain at all. I'm watering my hydrangeas now every two days; they manage to do well for a day, but then they start getting droopy. We lost two tomato plants. Everything is heat-stressed. Except the corn. Corn loves these days. The weeds do, too. No mowing the yard. Yes, it needs mowing, yes, it's straggly looking. But it's brown and getting crinkly.
  • Sitting back here on the computer, drinking my coffee. First time in a while that I've actually been on the computer; I've gotten into the habit of being on the couch with my iPad bc of my leg. I'll need to scoop in a bit.
  • I put a load of laundry on the bathroom floor and Rick will put it in the washer when he gets up. He's also doing a Lowes and Target run and going for groceries. And then he'll come home, drop everything off, and go into the butcher for a pork shoulder for us to do pulled pork on July 4th.
  • I'll put all the groceries away when he gets home; I can do that fairly well, using either my chair or the one crutch.
Didn't get the calzones made last night. Frankly, it was too hot for anything but a sandwich. That means I have to do them today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Finally! Rain! We had a bit last night and it started in again this morning around 6:00 and we’ve been having a nice rain this morning. It’s the kind of rain that almost lets you hear the grass say, “Ahhhhhhh”. Temp is in the 70s. Humidity high today yet, but should drop tomorrow.
  • Drinking my coffee and hanging out on the couch for a while
  • Get butter out to soften. I want to make dough for chocolate chip cookies and white chip and macadamia nut cookies. Rick said if I make the cookie dough today, he will bake the cookies tomorrow. He’s dying for cookies.
And that’s pretty much it for us today. Oh, did I mention it’s raining?! :yess::bliss:Put a crutch on it and it’s me dancing in the rain.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got cookie batters in the fridge. Dear Richard exiled me to the WeShe for the afternoon, so he could vacuum in the house and do a bit of cleaning.

Still raining!!! But, boy it is sticky!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather is cooler and it's been raining this afternoon, rather strongly at times.

Today I washed, dried, folded three loads of laundry. And started a batch of yogurt in the Instant pot. Should be done in about 15 minutes.

We went to Walmart and Shoprite. Grocery store crowded, guess people are already shopping for the Glorious Fourth. It's not locally grown but they were selling 10 ears of corn for $2.00 which is very cheap. Must buy ten, and only one set of 10 on sale per customer.

Carpenter stopped by, to look at what needs to be done to do the interior trim on the replaced skylights. As I said before, things are never simple. Apparently this will be more complicated than I thought because the skylights are not identical to what had been there. So he'll come by, sometime, to do one of the bedroom skylights to figure it out. No idea when. Maybe sooner if there is a rainy day since it is indoors. But it will be about a month before he can do all of them.

New toaster oven now scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Let's hope so.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had quite a bit of rain yesterday. The good kind that comes down gently and steadily and soaks into the soil. We'll take what we can get.

I was having quite the self-pity party yesterday. Rick kicked me out to the WeShed, so that he could vacuum and do some general cleaning. I'm tired of the crutches, I'm tired of having headaches that I can't do anything about, I'm tired of the couch, I'm tired of the TV, I'm tired of reading books, I'm tired of the iPad, I'm just tired. I'm tired of not being able to walk. By 6:00 last night, I was in bed and sound asleep, which probably is from depression. I just have a couple more weeks to go; that's what I keep telling myself. Just a couple more weeks. And I know there are people who are in much worse shape than me and I'm sorry that I'm whining. Now that I've got it all out, I'll do better. Promise.
  • Got up this morning, gave the girls breakfast, made our coffee, and emptied the dishwasher. Sitting back here in the computer room with my coffee. Mollipop just came back to join me; she hit the cat tree and is doing her after-breakfast bathing.
  • I did get those cookie batters made yesterday and they're in the fridge. After I'm done on the computer, I'm going to go out to the kitchen, get everything ready, plop on my chair with Muffin, and bake cookies. And hopefully not mess them up (I make a heck of a mess sometimes when I'm cooking from my chair!). Rick said he'd do them, but I think I can do that much.
  • And then head out to the WeShed to check and water the plants. It needs a good vacuuming, too.
I didn't get to the butcher and Rick didn't feel like dealing with it. I wanted a pork shoulder to do on the outside grill for pulled pork. Didn't happen. First, because I didn't get to the butcher and second, because I knew I couldn't run outside to the grill to mop the shoulder and keep an eye on the grill for five hours. I do have a 4.5-pound pork loin that I got out of the freezer. I asked the admin from the Foodi Grill board I'm on on FB if he could give me any tips to try to make pulled pork from a loin in the NFG. He was kind enough to help me. He did say that it won't be the same (and I know that), but hopefully, it will still be good on Sunday. I guess we'll find out.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the post office to buy stamps, then to the farm and feed for a dozen eggs.

Himself got an email that an item he had bought from Walmart for pickup-at-store was available - of course, after we were back home having gone part way towards the store on the earlier trip. So after lunch off we went to pick it up. Then onward to Costco so he could fuel up - were they busy! Must be people planning to travel for the Glorious Fourth. Since we were there already, into the store (masked up, even though we're both vaccinated) where I bought pork tenderloin fillets, tomatoes cucumbers, lemons, and other stuff.

My new toaster oven was delivered, with difficulty. Amazon Prime driver has to scan it to show delivery. His phone is Sprint. Couldn't get a signal at our house. Drove off to his previous stop, scanned my package, came back and handed it over.

And so went our day.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I have been pitting sour cherries - prepared four pint packages for the freezer. About the same and I'll be done with the bucket full I bought at the local orchard.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of making a pork fillet with sour cherry sauce. But tonight, since it's the Glorious Fourth Himself was happy with hot dogs, home fries, and coleslaw.

Was given an unusual object for my birthday. It's called Gossip Birds.

Gossip Birds_2021-07.jpg
Mounted it in my study, but then we had to find a different place to hang what had been there originally. Dominoes, feels like my life is a series of dominoes - tip one and watch the others sprawl in sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.