Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Doctor appt yesterday….two more weeks on the crutch, then I can go without it. It takes a good four months for this type of injury to heal. Therefore, no walking for exercise until mid-Sept. My final doctor visit is mid-August.

We did not go to the farmers market today. Rick didn’t think I should be walking around all day, even with the crutch.

I am so damned bored I could spit.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester so sorry about the news; but the good thing is that things are healing!! Going along with your doctor's plan.

I know how boring it is. I really do. I had a broken upper arm, without surgery. It had to heal on it's own. The time really became boring--fast...

This morning:
* up early
*early morning chores
* phone call
*Bocce! Helped to collect the dues money--we have a big brunch party at the end of the season, at a restaurant. Also explained, and answered some questions about administrative stuff while the head guy was at a doctor's appointment. That was easy; told them to wait until next week, and take it up with him!!! :lolup:

I wish I was better at the game. My throws are so erratic. I just cannot get the hand of throwing the ball; although having a bad shoulder, not being athletic does not help. It was so cold out there.. My hands, fingers turned white, Raynauds stuff..

* also got a deep, heartfelt apology from someone who stuck her nose into someone verbally attacking me, yesterday. This person was sincere in apologizing. I expected an apology from the attacker, but she never did :livid:... and she was wrong :fuming:. I have witnesses, in authority who were present at a meeting when she agreed to something~~ She has no memory of!!!
Very convient Selective Memory Loss :angrywoman:

*cup of hot tea, when I came inside, after bocce
*Have to pick up mail

Nothing else planned. I should go to the gym.. but I am too tired to do so..

Thursday, Geoffrey is having his ultrasound. sigh....Since taking him off chicken, and giving him pepcid, and brushing him; he seems not to be vomiting as much. It has been over a week since the last time.
I think he is allergic to agar-agar. The OTC food I fed him for 3 days, has it. His last vomit was kind of violent. I immediately stopped giving that food. It is strange because he ate a case of it and did not produce such violent vomiting.... but who knows. The prescription food contains carrageen... another allergen.. but I think he can tolerate it better.

The brush, which he finally accepts, is a very old boars head round hair brush of mine!! amazing! :doh2: I tried brushing him back and forth with it. He seems to tolerate it... sometimes purring while I am doing it.. but the time is short lived.

Just rambling away.....:running:

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
trying the best I can to tend my house. A lady is going to do my laundry for me today.

regular stuff, pacing myself

the weather is getting me down, so humid and 90 again tomorrow.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I wish we lived closer. I would help you. I hope you’re doing ok.

Another nasty night last night with t-storms. Even a tornado watch to the north of us. The humidity is unreal. When I posted yesterday about our smoke detectors going off, I wasn’t kidding. It’s that bad.

Busy morning. Trying a new marinade for wings. Went up to the garden to grab a head of cabbage and some broccoli for coleslaw. And just took the last batch of oatmeal cookies from the oven. Once they’re cool, I will throw them into the frosting/glaze. These are quite good cookies; I’ve made them before and they quickly became a favorite. Made a couple pitchers of mint tea.

Heading to the WeShed in a few. A little over the first season of Manifest. It’s OK, nothing to get excited about.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How soon will you know the results of the ultrasound today? Hope all is ok.

We finally got out for breakfast this morning, after a couple months of talking about it. I always go for an omelet. Yum. Stopped at the grocery store for coffee and filters as we were pretty much out. We were just going for coffee, but then we decided on breakfast, too.

Sitting on the WeShed deck in my rocking chair. I swear it feels about 10 to 15 degrees cooler here under the trees. An early afternoon constitutional. Watching four little bunnies playing in the shade, not more than a few feet away. I swear they’re almost tame. They don’t run from us unless we’re almost on top of them.

Trying to schedule my bone density scan that my ortho-weenie has recommended. Keep playing phone tag with the receptionist.

And that is my Thursday.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Artie's ultrasound turned out negative. I got the results immediately. Still at a loss for the cause of the vomiting. IM Vet feels it is all related to hairballs. I am to triple the amount of Laxatone I give him, stay on the prescription diet, and await the lab results: still sample, B-12/folate, chem, and CBC. He is not concerned about the outside labs high basophils.

Just got off the phone with his secretary,, All labs normal! so just furballs... ugh. I thought of a couple of more questions last night. Just waiting for an answer...

Took it easy the rest of yesterday.

Today, a couple of errands and regular stuff... another hot and humid day, at least the sun is out--making it hazy. We had fog yesterday. Scattered showers later this afternoon.
and then rain for the weekend and next week... hate this weather...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I am glad all tests are negative….sure wish you could get to the bottom of what’s making him throw up. Hopefully the extra laxatone will help. Thanks for posting. I was wondering.

Rick is out mowing the front yard. It is terribly humid again, so he's trying to get done what he can before the heavens open. We will say that, for July, the grass is green and the plants are lush. Usually by now, things are looking poorly and the grass can be pretty crunchy.
  • Working through cleaning and sorting kitchen cabinets. Dear Richard does not put things away, so I'm constantly looking for them when I need them. I don't say anything; I just go through cabinets from time to time and put things where I want them.
  • Do a quick swiffer around the living room
  • Scoop the boxes
  • A quick load of t-shirts and such

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your concern, Jenn. I am not doing well but I am trying.
Winchester Winchester Pam, I wish you lived closer as well.
artiemom artiemom I love that you play Bocce!!

I would feel better if my washing machine was fixed. I paid my neighbor to do the dishes. I was
embarrassed but they needed washed. She's going to clean on Tuesday. I broke down and bought
a shower bench. I don't think I should take baths any longer unless there is someone here. Twice
in the past month I haven't been able to get out right away and it scared me.

This vile weather hasn't helped my wicked pain levels. I've been having groceries delivered from Walmart.
anad my neighbor shares meals with me.

So doing regular stuff

make an order for Walmart delivery

supposed to be sunny. Try to save my Geranium hanging basket.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Oh, I am so sorry...
Is there any word on when you will get a new aide? Perhaps a different agency? Do you have a social worker who can help you get one? or a case manager?

I feel for you. It must be almost impossible for you to handle doing anything. This weather is increasing everyone's pain levels. I cannot imagine how much pain you are in.

I wish I lived closer to help, also... sigh. It is good ou have a neighbor to help out. Is your sister able to help you out?

How are your kitties doing?

Thinking of you... ((((hugs))))

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Oh lord, I am sorry. I hope it doesn’t take long to get an aide. Can you bite the bullet for a while and pay someone to come in, say for one day a week? Or even 4 hours a week? You have a sweetheart of a neighbor. Thank goodness. What about Nicole? How are the cats? Are you getting outside to your deck to feed them?

Bob brought the Ninja back on Saturday and spent the afternoon with us. After he left, I took it apart and gave it a good cleaning. The splatter screen was in really bad shape, but a Brillo pad, a Mr. Clean sheet, and some Dawn Powerwash and everything looks really good again. I baked a small one-layer vanilla cake in it this morning. Just the right size for us and I didn’t have to heat the oven.
  • Just came in from taking Muffin for her walk. Shhhhh. I know, it’s not time yet, but I have missed those walks with her. “Bunny! Mom, bunny! See it?” “Yes, Muffin, I see the bunny.” “I want the bunny! Put me down! I want the bunny!” “No, you’re not going after the bunny. Stop squirming!” “I want the bunny! Mom! I WANT THE BUNNY! Dad would let me have the bunny!” “No, he wouldn’t. Stop it!” We came back inside and she went to the bedroom to pout. I back to the bedroom to get the fan. She looked at me from the bed and kitty-cussed me under her breath.
  • Breakfast for the girls and emptied the dishwasher; that was at 5:00 this morning. Tabby threw up a hair ball. I got up to clean that up and Amber was screaming bloody murder. Rather than listen to her, I fed them then. And then went back to bed.
  • A quick vacuum this afternoon. Must frost my little cake. One more week of this crutch!

Status
Not open for further replies.