Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mod Note - Purpose of the thread - Name three things you have done or will do today

I made it to about 1:30; Rick beat me by 30 minutes or so; he came to bed around 2:00. We watched three movies and I actually managed to stay awake for all of them. That never happens; I usually fall asleep during at least one of them. Kissed at midnight, then watched a few episodes of Bob Newhart. That was our NYE. Neighbors set off fireworks; a couple of them were really loud. We were out in the she shed.
  • My turn to get up with the girls this morning. I gave them breakfast, finished loading the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Rick will scoop the boxes when he gets out of bed.
And that's it for me today. We are in for a bit of an ice storm this afternoon into this evening, although our area is to get just a glazing. I'm going to have dinner (pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes, no dessert) at noon, I think. Rick will watch football the rest of the day and I'm going out to the she shed to nap/watch some X-Files for a while. No cleaning, no laundry, no vacuuming. Nothing today. Just....nothing.

Happy New Year!

Last edited by a moderator:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made it to about 1:30; Rick beat me by 30 minutes or so; he came to bed around 2:00. We watched three movies and I actually managed to stay awake for all of them. That never happens; I usually fall asleep during at least one of them. Kissed at midnight, then watched a few episodes of Bob Newhart. That was our NYE. Neighbors set off fireworks; a couple of them were really loud. We were out in the she shed.
  • My turn to get up with the girls this morning. I gave them breakfast, finished loading the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Rick will scoop the boxes when he gets out of bed.
And that's it for me today. We are in for a bit of an ice storm this afternoon into this evening, although our area is to get just a glazing. I'm going to have dinner (pork and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes, no dessert) at noon, I think. Rick will watch football the rest of the day and I'm going out to the she shed to nap/watch some X-Files for a while. No cleaning, no laundry, no vacuuming. Nothing today. Just....nothing.

Happy New Year!
So did ours and it freaked Boone and Gracie out which is strange because they were fine on the 4th of July. Maybe because they were babies (3 months old) and didn't pay attention? Boone was in the cat tree and heard them go off and immediately hid between the couch and loveseat. Gracie seemed wary of the noises.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy New Year to all...
I fell asleep while watching Jeopardy, last night.. Mad at that.. Alex was such a gift to us...

I dozed, watching FBI until 11 pm... I turning it to CNN's NYE celebration.. It was so funny to see Anderson Cooper doing shots on TV... and giggling... so funny.. A good and new way to ring in the year..

At around 1am, I wen to bed...

Geoffrey is back to sneezing.. The teeny humidifier is not helping with the humidity. I do sleep with the window in my bedroom cracked open a bit, trying to get it a bit cooler while getting some fresh air.

I think I am going to have to get those antihistamines for him.. I do not know what else he could be allergic to... unless when they cleaned out the AC, any dust an spores got into the environment.. i am vacuuming the rug, daily... I need to dust... but put the decorations away, first..

Today:
*brown the roast for a Crockpot Pot Roast... never did this before, so it is a new year, with a new experience... Crockpot cooking has never been in my repertoire. Gotta go brown it now..
*regular morning stuff
*nothing else...
*cuddle with Geoffrey
*add veggies, potatoes, carrots, to crock pot...
*movies or some of the programs I taped..

Gotta go, brown and start the roast!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

washed down jacket that was Daniel's from the 90s, ha!! It's sooo warm and I've
been wearing it in the house so I don't need to have the heat turned up so high.
I have such dry skin, been using a lot of 100% argon oil on my face, dead ends
and cuticles

fed my outside gang, soooo slippery, deck is a sheet of ice! I want to get a warming
pad for them to sleep on

going to cuddle with Cal and rest a bit, fireworks woke me at midnight need a nap

Nicole is sending down dinner, pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, gravy not sure what else

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

was awoken by neighbor's kids around 11:00pm, got up had tea and went back to sleep around 2:00am

washing throws of tabby gang

going to rest for a bit

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
tonite its the last bit of the dishes
get the bottles put in bags

i am hoping that i have energy for all of that ... i have a bad lower back so i cant stand up long

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday:
*browned the roast, put in crock pot
*slowly did regular stuff during the day
*added browned veggies to crock pot
*washed dishes periodically during day
*Trash
* Ate the pot roast!! OMG... it was so good!!

I used a marinated roast, only 2 lbs; cut in half to fit the pot; with 1/2 cup of combo of broth, wine, water... next time a bit more.
After a couple hours, I added 1/2 lightly sautéed onion, carrot, and celery; all sautéed in the same frying pan as used in browning the meat.
I added some thyme, parsley, and some Penzey's roasted garlic granules to the veggies.
After 5 hours, I added baby yukon gold potatoes...
So yummy, the meat was sng. I love it that way.. next time need more veggies and more broth..

Today...
*Trying to get to laundry room, to wash some fleece things..
I have a lot..
*regular morning stuff
* trash
* nothing else planned, but who knows..

Last night I started bingeing Bridgerton on Netflix... So Good... Only one season.. but so good...
Victorian soap opera with sex, romance, intrigue, etc... good stuff... predictable, but good for this current time...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, artiemom artiemom , I was thinking of trying Bridgerton, after I'm done with the X-Files and with Lucifer. Your dinner sounds excellent.
  • Dear Richard got up with the girls this morning. I stayed in bed until 9:00 with Molli. Have a bit of a headache around my eyes today. I'll need to scoop boxes this morning.
  • I made it to the shed last night, but didn't want to take the TWT down. It was really icy yesterday and I didn't want to be going back and forth from the shed to the basement. The shed deck was terribly icy as was the driveway, even with my Sloggers. I'll go out this afternoon and take the balls off the TWT. Then Rick can take the tree down and put it away. He'll do that during half time of whatever football games are on.
  • Muffin and I went out for our walk. It's melting so quickly that it sounds like a gentle rain. I walked under a tree and she got wet. She was not amused and I apologized profusely. I wasn't thinking; our little path around the yard goes under a few trees, so she can sniff branches. We got back inside, I unwrapped her from her blankie and she went over and told Rick all about it. She's napping in her buggy. Molli and Tabby are both in bed, napping away. Amber is out on Rick's lap. They all had their after-breakfast breakfast, so we won't hear much from them until around noon or so for lunch.
And that will be my day. Not much going on around here.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Yes, Bridgerton is like a soap opera---mindless... but you want to keep watching it.

I do not know if you would care for it.. I mean, you seem to care more for the supernatural stuff; which I cannot do..

Did you watch Virgin River on Netflix? It is kind of slow to start, but really gets you in... it is a sleeper.
I binged the first season while quarantined. The second season is out now.

You may even be interested in Welcome to the Chateau....about renovating a french chateau/mini castle.... in very quirky styles..

I also loved The Last Tango in Halifax. It is about really quirky people.. and just life, in general...
Nothing like Schitts Creek, which I could not get into, at all. Could not discover why it was such a big hit.. It was kind of stupid and inane to me.....

Yes, I do watch a lot of TV... only since Covid..

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wash and remake beds

Wash towels

Clean bathrooms

Order some stuff off Amazon

Go to a local thrift store and look for a dresser for oldest

Start and unload dishwasher

Pick up dinner

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Set the alarm for 7:30 a.m. so we would be ready for the drive to Morristown for the covid-19 test Himself needs before his stent procedure on Wednesday. He wanted to get there an hour earlier than his appointment in the hopes of getting tested earlier. I was concerned that they might hold him to the time of the appointment so we'd be sitting around waiting for an hour. We compromised on getting there 30 minutes early. And he was in, tested, and back to the car in probably just under 10 minutes.

Before we left home I prepared the batter for chocolate chip cookies. Resting in the refrigerator to be baked later this afternoon after

We have a mid-afternoon Zoom meeting with children, their spouses, and other family.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday got up around 7, late for me because we were up late. Had a little episode with a sugar low so wasn't feeling too good. I spent a good part of the day playing with our new Roku, signed up for Hulu, Disney Plus, and Curiousity Stream. Now to find something to watch. Also spent a good part of the day cooking lima beans and ham (cook it all day) our traditional New Years Day dinner (with rice).

Today I;ve just been puttering around, did some knitting, played with the kitties. It's a dreary gloomy day, and I'm getting into vacation is over I gotta go back to work mode. :sigh:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault I hope everything goes well wih Himself's stent.💖
M misty do you have to have a smart tv to use a Roku?
strider rose strider rose Hope your back is better
Winchester Winchester I love hearing about your walks with darling Muffin:)

Woke up at midnight, took meds, had a cup of tea, went back to bed

regular stuff

will wash a few throws

It will be so nice to have Kaylee working 5 days a week again. I am not going anywhere till COVID19
settles. I can put my hair in a small pony tail again, ha!! Just don't feel comfortable going to the salon
till I am vaccinated.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Wash and remake beds

Wash towels

Clean bathrooms

Order some stuff off Amazon

Go to a local thrift store and look for a dresser for oldest

Start and unload dishwasher

Pick up dinner
what did you get from Amazon?

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault I hope everything goes well wih Himself's stent.💖
M misty do you have to have a smart tv to use a Roku?
strider rose strider rose Hope your back is better
Winchester Winchester I love hearing about your walks with darling Muffin:)

Woke up at midnight, took meds, had a cup of tea, went back to bed

regular stuff

will wash a few throws

It will be so nice to have Kaylee working 5 days a week again. I am not going anywhere till COVID19
settles. I can put my hair in a small pony tail again, ha!! Just don't feel comfortable going to the salon
till I am vaccinated.
yeah its better. i just cant do much around the house when it hurts

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what did you get from Amazon?
A new microwave. Current one is 20 yrs old. I am starting to see the inside coating starting to chip away and metal showing. It still works great though.

Two shower curtain liners for when current ones start getting discolored.

Glamorous Wash Diva laundry detergent to wash our bedding in. Smells great and the scent lasts for days.

And some Goli Apple Cider Vinegar gummies for the husband and I.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
A new microwave. Current one is 20 yrs old. I am starting to see the inside coating starting to chip away and metal showing. It still works great though.

Two shower curtain liners for when current ones start getting discolored.

Glamorous Wash Diva laundry detergent to wash our bedding in. Smells great and the scent lasts for days.

And some Goli Apple Cider Vinegar gummies for the husband and I.
i love gracie's colors ! shes so cute

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It only took me a couple of days but today I DID finally create the 2021 page for my web site. "Didn't you write it down, what you did?" my darling daughter asked. Well, no. And I'm not too sure about what I did for 2021 either. I DO know that at one point I managed to delete all of 2020. That was scary. But it was easy to download and restore. On the other hand, maybe deleting 2020 and leaving it that way would have been a good thing . . . So this year is up and running, and so is its first entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.