Lost voice
Another shower
Couple phone calls

I am done for the day.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad came over and cut down some branches from the tree in my front yard to thin it out a little. It opened up the yard a lot because the tree was very lush and I need it to grow further up instead of out. I also laid out some garden markers that I painted. I also kind of did some planning for groceries, but I haven't really done much with actually getting the groceries.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

washing smalls

It's so hot here...cannot believe such drastic temp fluctuations so I'm trying to keep cool. The original Popsicles are still
sold. I have a box of 18, orange grape, and cherry, so good.

I'm having the procedure on my shoulder on Friday and I'm very nervous trying not to think about it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Procedure? What are you having done? What did I miss?
artiemom artiemom What was the protest rally for? What's going on?

I think I popped the ACL on my left leg. I was giving the girls lunch yesterday and couldn't find Amber. She's deaf so we have to awaken her when we feed and she's not around. She was under the couch. I went down the steps, slipped off the step in my socks, and landed on my butt. I heard something pop at my knee. And I felt it pop. I did the ice and elevation thing the rest of Saturday, but it hurts. Oh, I can walk on it, but it's hard to go up and down the steps. Calling the doctor tomorrow. I don't need this right now. I'm angry more than anything. Too much work in the summer. Not that there's ever a good time to blow an ACL.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher....went back to bed. I need to scoop.
  • Rick took Muffin out for her walk. After their ABB, she went down to the door and started yelling. When Rick went down, she came back up the steps. "Mom? Mom! What is going on? Why?" I told her she'd have to have Dad take her out or she wasn't going. She went back down the steps and let Rick pick her up. And out they went. Rick enjoyed it! He liked having her chitter at the birds. She yelled at a helicopter that floated down on the wind. She's very serious about her walks, watches everything intently. He says she's very spoiled. Gee, d'ya think?
  • Change the bed sheets. Laundry can wait til tomorrow.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Yikes!! Please take care of that knee.. elevate it and ice.. I know you know that, but thought I would remind you... and Stay OFF of it...
What do I have to do? Come down there and tie you down???

I love the 'walks".....

The protest was because of severe parking restriction being imposed on the residents of this building. It started with the DCR putting meters on the beach. The it progressed to resident parking on.. They are refusing to give us either a resident parking permit, or a Beach pass because we do not have a resident parking permit.. It is crazy all around.. Visitors, families, and caregivers are all impacted.. as well as tenants.. We all pay excise tax to the city, yet we cannot get a parking permit... it is ridiculous..
And a very long story...

Mia6 Mia6 What is going on with your shoulder? Did we miss something?? OUCH...
(((hugs)))

Today;
*up early for mass
*have to do morning stuff
* chase bed linens
*** perhaps laundry.. It is so hot outside.. a warm land breeze..
nothing else... just going to rest.. If I do laundry, that will take up a couple of hours...

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Stripped the bed and sheets are swishing around in clothes washer. Have two more loads to do today.
2) Assorted daily minor things already taken care of: poured water in the top of hummingbird feeder to deter ants, wind up clock, etc.
3) Himself wants to split firewood this morning so I'm tagged to stack it in storage area after he fills the cart and drives it over with ATV
4) I really want to plant another crate of cannas that spent the winter in the garage. Maybe this afternoon - if not before - when Himself takes his car to be inspected before the month is out

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm taking it fairly easy. :hugs: You take care of your voice. I don't blame you for being angry. How can they do that?
Mia6 Mia6 Our BooBoo became deaf, too, as he got older. We learned a lot of sign language. Evidently, Amber picked up on it because she understands those same signals. But if she's sleeping, she doesn't know that I'm feeding the other girls. Her favorite place is under the couch, so I had to get her. That's how I ended up down the steps.

I talked to a friend of mine (Bob) who had torn his ACL several years ago. He said that now? Unless you're a serious athlete or a really active person, if your knee feels OK, they won't even recommend surgery, esp for older people. He had surgery on his because he was younger at the time and still played sports. I'll see what the doctor says.
  • Doctor appt at 1:15 this PM. I know he's going to yell at me about my weight, I didn't have other blood work done, I'm sure my BP is high. I really hate going there. It raises my BP just thinking about going there. *sigh* It needs to be done.
So I'm just taking it kind of easy today. I'm angry about it. I am so angry. I know better than to walk down those damn steps in socks. And yet, I do it anyway. It's stupid.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Busy morning/day
*part of morning stuff
*meeting
*rest of morning stuff
*out for a few things... or tomorrow
*need to pick up around here.

** type up a letter.. ugh.. I am so bad at this.. I do not know word processing. I have a Mac.. I am useless.. ugh.. I do not even know how to do this.. cut and paste is about all I know... :hellocomputer:

Oh, yesterday, I did over 10,000 steps!! just over it.. My best yet!!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Yay you, with 10,000 steps!

Had my doctor appt yesterday afternoon, went in for X-rays this morning for my knee. Should know something tomorrow. Doctor does not think it's the ACL (thank god). He's leaning toward a severe contusion at the knee area. But I never landed right on my knee; I just ended up in a weird position. hence the pop. He can't just order an MRI.....insurance procedures, you know. I'm on Prednisone for 5 days to reduce the inflammation. He still thinks I might just need some PT. We'll see how it all goes. Meanwhile, rest, elevation, and ice for the next three days.

So obviously, I'm not doing much today. Dear Richard has laid down the law!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Got up with the girls, breakfast, dishwasher, drinking coffee. Have to take that blasted Prednisone, so I made a bowl of oatmeal as it has to be taken with food. I actually like oatmeal with a few raisins.
  • First of two loads of laundry is in the washer
  • Must pick up Rick's mom's Kindle this afternoon. I made a blueberry buckle this morning, just took it out of the oven. We're taking a chunk to Evelyn when we stop in for the Kindle. She loves blueberry-anything.
  • Sleeping in the WeShed tonight
Nothing exciting.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Take it easy with that knee.. I did something similar, many years ago..
I was washing the kitchen floor. I slipped don the water, did a stem kristie with my legs.. one knee bent crosswise under my butt, the other was just as if I was kneeling..

Ended up stretching ligaments.. needing pain killers---strong Motrin, Ice, elevation, knee brace, and PT... It hurt for a while..

It was not the first day with 10,000 steps.. I have done it before. One days that I walk, i usually do 9,000 steps or so...
Other days are 7,000
If I am on my butt; it is 5,000

Today:
*up early
*mini morning stuff
*another meeting
*meet someone at Dunkin for coffee
*Need to get more allergy eye drops.. IF I can find them
*Home---wash face..
*need to dump trash
* nothing else rest of day.. but that could change because of the first meeting.. ugh

I really need to clean, in here.. but I have been so busy, and allergies have been so severe.
Yesterday, my eyes were tearing, nose stuffy, and sneezing all day.. I was in Trader Joes and I could not stop sneezing.. and that was with a mask on!! UGH..

Status
Not open for further replies.