Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Close to midnight last night, thinking about going to bed when I heard banshee screaming from our two cats. Run to the kitchen and see a big gray and white cat just outside the door. Mr Poe is all fluffed up, growl / screaming, there's tufts of fur all over the kitchen floor. Open heavy door and scream through the screen door at the other cat. Pick up Mr Poe and sit on a stool, smoothing his fur and sweet talking him. Can feel him muttering / grumbling every minute or two.

Put him in my study with the door shut. Give each cat some canned food - Domino in the kitchen, Poe in my study. Set up a litter box in my study. Spray some calming spray, whereupon Poe hide on top of the trundle but under the bed. I'm sitting there, head turned away, trying to coax him out. At 1:00 a.m. Himself comes down and asks when I'm coming to bed. About / right then seemed good enough.

And this morning - Himself let Poe out of the room and you'd never know anything at all had gone amiss. So that's good, nay I'd even say great. Especially considering their first displaced aggression contrempts back in 2014 Two Cats Suddenly Fighting Aggressively

But boy am I tired. So far today I

1) cut down some self-sown saplings and brushed stumps with Roundup
2) moved brush to side of driveway for disposal - to be added to brush pile at back
3) started cutting dead looking wisteria off gazebo

P.S. It's just about 2:00 p.m. Mr Poe and Domino are curled up on the bed in my study. One turned left, other turned right, touching each other and napping peacefully.
Wowza, that must've been some fight!! Glad they're ok now. You must've been stressed.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Sounds like you'll have a lot of tomatoes like last year.

regular stuff

make a list for Kaylee, need groceries

water my geranium that Cal gave me for Moher's Day via Nicole. It's huge. I have it hanging
from a shepherd's hook.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault That has happened here, too. One night a kitty came up on the deck and was sitting there looking in our French doors. Whisper started screaming and keening bloody murder. Then she turned on poor BooBoo and went after him under the table. Boo didn't know what hit him! Banshee was back in bed and she went tearing out the hallway. This happened around 2:00 in the morning. I got out of bed so fast, I fell out of bed and crawled partway out the hallway, til I could get to my feet. Rick jumped over me to get out to the kitchen. And the whole time Whisper is shrieking and tearing into Boo. It's called misplaced or displaced aggression, something like that. Whisper couldn't get to the cat outside, so she went after the closest cat to her.....that was Boo. We've kept the curtains closed every night since then. That was horrible. I'm glad your gang is OK. It's not pretty.

Mia6 Mia6 All of the tomatoes are of a paste-type variety. If we do have a good crop, I'm going to make paste this year. And I'd like to try to make ketchup again. I made it many, many moons ago; it wasn't bad. We do go through tomato products. Aw, Cal gave you a geranium! Bless her heart! (and Nicole's....she's a good friend to you).
  • Lowes today, also Target, maybe the grocery store.
  • My sister wants me to go over to her neighborhood to check out a house that just had new siding installed. She really likes the color and she thinks I might like it, too. Clarence and I will go over and take a gander; he needs to go for a spin and he needs gas.
  • I didn't get much of anything done yesterday; Rick was in bed pretty much all day until late afternoon. He was feeling better last night, so hopefully, I can get some work done today. I have one load of laundry to do, a vacuuming, and a swiffer. I've been giving this house a lick and a promise since the beginning of April, thinking that I can get some heavy cleaning done "next week".

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
hopefully today will be quieter than yesterday...

*regular morning stuff
*pick up a package from downstairs.
*send off a letter
*Getting a new Air Conditioner today!!! The current one is spewing out black junk.. It id that towards the end of last season I had them vacuum it out; but it is back now...
The new one does not have the option of heat... I did use that a bit.. but I can do without.
If I wanted the heat option, they would pull an old one from an empty apartment.. NOPE>. not for me.. I want a new one. They are not getting the heat option ones, anymore.. sigh...
*Go for a walk---soon
* make a phone call..

Not sure about supper. It is a salad.. but, I really want something else.. I still want something soft, after having the crown put in..
Dentist said nothing chewy, sticky, gummy... for 24 hours.. but.. Last night was tuna fish with a slice of bread, broken up, so I did not have to bite into it.. It is a bottom front tooth..

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a follow up appointment with my hand surgeon this morning and he said that I'm healing well and will probably not need PT. I'm feeling a lot less pain today and I've been able to do a lot more too.
I worked on cleaning up some data for work so I can make a map. I always feel so crafty when I can manipulate data in spreadsheets so what would have been days of work if I were to do straight up data entry, only takes an hour or two with table merges.
I also caved and turned on the AC because it got so humid that I couldn't handle it.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-Did my laundry that I’ve been putting off for way too long
-Procrastinate on folding laundry
-Read

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
today is going to be a great day ! i will be visiting with my in laws while i do my laundry at the laundry mat
maybe write letters if there is any ladies to write to
relax later tonite

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
*up early
*reg morning stuff
*out to stores
*SB

Never got the AC unit yesterday.. I was so mad!! It was an absolute waste of a day.. I wanted to walk.. but by 4pm I was tired of waiting and gave up, supper an pj's....

I left a message with the Manager, stating that I am going out this morning. The maintenance guy needs to come in this afternoon..
I do not want him doing work in here, without me.. unless it is an emergency.. He is not the tidiest person around... I do not want Geoffrey eating any stray debris.

UGh...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How is your mouth? Feeling any better?

I made coleslaw yesterday. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me lately. I never took the guide piece out of the shoot and actually tried to put cabbage into the guide piece. And then stood there and wondered why I couldn't force the cabbage into the shredding plate. Oh, I had a heckuva time, made a heck of a mess, cursed the heck out of the food processor, and then, when I figured out that I was an idiot, I cursed the heck out of me. Lately when I make coleslaw, I just chop the cabbage and carrots with my veg knife, so it's chopped and not shredded. I'm just an idiot. Rick came in the house for a cold drink and there I was, muttering to myself. "Bad afternoon, dear?" I just looked at him. He got his drink and went back outside. Don't antagonize The Pam when things are not going well!

We chose our siding color (doing Dutch-lap style) and Rick talked to the contractor last night. He put us on his schedule for fall, but he might be able to do it sooner. There's a guy who wants a fairly large addition built onto his house and they were going to start work on it. But the lumber prices have skyrocketed and now the guy's not sure if he wants to do it this year. If he backs out, they'll do us next. We'll see. Since I'm the one who wants the new window installed above the front door, I told Rick I'd pay for the window, if he covered the installation. He agreed.
  • Took Muffin and then Mollipop outside for walks while my coffee was brewing
  • Rick mentioned mowing the lawn. But it's so dry that we almost hate to mow. I will either mow this afternoon or clean in the house a bit.
  • I have the second of two loads of laundry in the washer.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester My mouth is all better now!! It was strange; suddenly, it felt better around 7pm...
I bit down on the tooth a couple minutes ago.. still a bit sore, but nothing like before..
I felt like the gum was a bit swollen and that a tight shoe was on the tooth.. kind of similar to a nerve on the verge of a root canal.. but not quite..

There is nothing wrong with YOU!! You have been having the Migraine from Hades!!! Of course, these things happen...

What color did you decide on the siding??

I accomplished almost all of my list..
*Reg stuff
*Trader Joes
*Ocean State Job Lots---on the way to TJ
*SB for iced coffee

Also talked to Facilities Manager re: AC... I told him I was not demanding a new one, but that is what I was told..
He sent another Guy in-- the best guy, to check it out.. He pulled out the innards, took a vacuum and a wet cloth and went to town, cleaning it. It was caked on.. The other guy, last year, did not pull out the innards.. so now it is working, just fine!!
He even found a couple of old rusty screws in there!! OMG.....

Told him I want his telephone number!! Because I only want him to do any work in here!! :flail:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a follow up appointment with my hand surgeon this morning and he said that I'm healing well and will probably not need PT. I'm feeling a lot less pain today and I've been able to do a lot more too.
I worked on cleaning up some data for work so I can make a map. I always feel so crafty when I can manipulate data in spreadsheets so what would have been days of work if I were to do straight up data entry, only takes an hour or two with table merges.
I also caved and turned on the AC because it got so humid that I couldn't handle it.
I am sorry I missed it, what kind of surgery did you have? And are you doing those spreadsheets in excel?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I had carpal tunnel surgery last week and I am doing the spreadsheets in Excel.
I thought it was likely carpal tunnel. I have had both wrists done. Once you get past the first week things improve pretty rapidly. I never went to PT, just started slowly resuming normal activities. And be careful with the keyboarding, your wrist will find that very irritating for a while.

As far as the Excel, I used to be the queen of V-lookups. Saved SO much time. I suspect that is what you are using but if not it’s a wonderful tool to learn.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom We decided on Granite Grey, which is a medium grey. Rick wanted a darker color; I wanted a lighter grey. We compromised on a medium. New shutters, too, while we're at it. The house still has the original siding from when we had it built, so we are long overdue. The contractor is coming in to measure for the window above the front door when he picks up the siding sample books. Right now we have brick at the basement area of the house in front. Rick kind of wanted to go with mountain stone. The thing is we have real brick. And I asked him if he really wanted to change real brick for a mountain stone veneer? And when he looked at it that way, well, no, he didn't. And we can't afford real stone, so we're letting it go.

I mowed the yard yesterday, while Rick did the trimming. Came back inside, cleaned the bathroom, and cleaned out the cabinet under the sink. Something smelled funky. I took everything out (couldn't find a thing), washed the inside of the cabinet down, and then washed the trash can. Whatever it was is gone. For now anyway. I have no idea.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • Took a stick of butter out of the fridge to soften. Making snickerdoodles today for Dear Richard. I want to start them soon, so I'm done before it gets real hot. We hit 90 yesterday....no rain in sight.
  • Since I was working outside yesterday, I'd like to get some stuff done in the house today

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Made snickerdoodles and some sugar cookies yesterday in the morning. Then cleaned the house in the afternoon.
We need rain! We've been using the soaker hose to water the garden, but man, we need rain.
  • Took Muffin out for her walk, followed by a walk with Mollipop. I need to scoop boxes this morning.
  • Water the WeShed plants. Sweep the "helicopters" from the deck. I did it yesterday, but it needs it again. We don't realize how many maple trees we have in the yard until it's helicopter season. They're all over the place. (I put the lily on the deck. I hated keeping it in the WeShed bc of Muffin. As long as I had the lily in the shed, I wasn't going to bring Muffin out. Took the lily out yesterday and cleaned in the shed. Hopefully, Miss Muffin can come out with me now. I was really hoping Rick's mother would agree to take the lily back....no such luck.)
  • I'd like to clean the kitchen counters and seal the granite.

Status
Not open for further replies.