Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Dr recommended a knee brace or sleeve. I have a sleeve, so I started wearing it. No pain killers because, I can't. I'm using Traumeel and IcyHot instead and just at night. Really, I don't feel that bad anymore. Depending on how I plant my leg, it will remind me it's a problem, but it's not bad overall.

One thing....when I reminded the Dr I can't do the pain meds, he said that it's time we get to the bottom of it. After this is all over, he's going to recommend a good allergist (out of this area) and he wants me to start seeing him. The allergists I went to before (two of them) didn't even offer to do tests, just said, "Well, don't take the OTC meds anymore!" and let it go at that. Dr. said that's BS and he wants something done. He said that enough is enough. That might be good news. At least I'd know what was going on. God knows I'm tired of dealing with the pain when things happen. Migraines are bad enough, but dealing with muscle and ligament pain can really do a number. And it's hard to deal with the swelling when I can't take the meds to bring it down.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr recommended a knee brace or sleeve. I have a sleeve, so I started wearing it. No pain killers because, I can't. I'm using Traumeel and IcyHot instead and just at night. Really, I don't feel that bad anymore. Depending on how I plant my leg, it will remind me it's a problem, but it's not bad overall.

One thing....when I reminded the Dr I can't do the pain meds, he said that it's time we get to the bottom of it. After this is all over, he's going to recommend a good allergist (out of this area) and he wants me to start seeing him. The allergists I went to before (two of them) didn't even offer to do tests, just said, "Well, don't take the OTC meds anymore!" and let it go at that. Dr. said that's BS and he wants something done. He said that enough is enough. That might be good news. At least I'd know what was going on. God knows I'm tired of dealing with the pain when things happen. Migraines are bad enough, but dealing with muscle and ligament pain can really do a number. And it's hard to deal with the swelling when I can't take the meds to bring it down.
It is good that you are going to see a 'good' allergist. They, may also, help you with the migraines.
You never know... Yes, you need to find out what is at the bottom of this. There could simply be an additive in the meds which you are allergic to..

I saw an allergist, many years ago.. actually, I have had 3 sets of scratch tests, in my lifetime.

This last one, had a good reputation; however, he was old.. I mean it..
I had the pollen scratch tests.. I did not believe the results. literally.
He told me that I did not have any 'allergies' but 'sensitivities'... The ragweed went into a large mosquito bite.. The cat and dog ones swelled up like that, also.

He told me I was allergic to cats.. I never told him I had a cat. His secretary told me that he would advise me to get rid of Artie.. no way...

I went in because I had really bad seasonal allergies.. suggested by my PCP..
I walked out and never went back. I am not going to do allergy shots. nope.. I had them as a small child, but never again.. Weekly, with the itching, sore arm. Nope.. not again..

I wish you luck..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well. I am not amused. The tibia at my knee is fractured. That was the pop that I heard and felt. They’re trying to get me in at the ortho as an “urgent” appt. Meanwhile, I am down….and I mean down. Rick lets me up to pee and, if he could carry me to the bathroom, I think he would. It doesn’t hurt, only when it is really pressed. I can walk fine, no trouble, even up and down the steps, as long as I take my time. Not a good time for a fracture! Outside work, inside work. *sigh*

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It doesn’t hurt anymore. Not at all. Virtually no pain. I can walk. That’s what we don’t understand. Rick made dinner; he made the cod and threw some peas together. I’m on the couch.

Ortho appt first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks, Cindy.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I'm glad you feel no pain. I think an allergist is a good idea.Can figure out why you cannot take pain meds.

regular stuff

Tux and Connie cam this mornng for brekkie

Scapular nerve block is tomorrow! and I'm nervous but relieved that I am finally having it done
Nerve Blocks

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking about you.

Winchester Winchester Hope you get the appointment soon!

Both of you, please keep us updated.

Today:
*woke up to more retching.. ugh furball log
* breakfast
* regular morning stuff...
*Geoffrey is a bit of a pest this morning..
* Have a lot of business stuff to do this morning
*Geoffrey has a late afternoon Vet appointment.. ugh...

Going to try to be calm. I hate taking him if it is nothing.. but.. better to be safe than sorry..

It is so humid out. I shut the AC and fans off, thinking I could get some fresh air in her. It has been 2 days since I had the windows open.

We got rain last night. I am hoping the pollen is a bit less..

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting here with Domino in my lap and drinking my morning coffee. A load of darks is swishing around in the washing machine. When I finish my coffee I'm off to the local IGA. Later on, I'd like to plant more cannas into their pots for the summer.

Yesterday I did manage to plant five large clumps of the banana leaf canna, Canna musaefolia, down by the street. They'll reach 6+ feet tall. Also two pieces of elephant ear in the same area. Will try to remember to post a picture of the tropical look when it is, well, tropical looking.

Also yesterday potted up the last 10 corms of tiger flower, Tigridia pavonnia. Could only find mixed colors, so am trying to decide how to I.D. individuals when they bloom. So far all I've come up with is a piece of making tape like a little flag around a stem, labeled white / yellow / red as the case may be. Any other suggestions?

There was delightful rain yesterday evening, close to 1/2 inch. The rain barrels behind the tool shed are full. Two of the outside faucets are on. A plumber is coming on June 1 to repair the leaking pipe for the third one. Called a week ago but he's busy. I told him it's not like a leak in the basement with water above my ankles so I could wait. But boy, does hauling watering cans get old really fast.

Coffee finished. I'm out of here. Have a good day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I will be thinking of you tomorrow!
artiemom artiemom Good luck with G’s vet appointmen.
  • Back from ortho. I’m on crutches for three weeks. The fracture is small, but still considered acute. If I don’t use the crutches, then I will be facing surgery. Next appt in 3 weeks. He is amazed that I turned down pain meds, but there really isn’t any pain. He watched me walk and can’t believe the tibia is broken. I walk normally.
  • So I am down on the couch. We can’t find my crutches, so will have to get another pair. (I think I gave them to a GF when she needed them and never got them back.)
And that will be my day. And the next three weeks. Thank goodness for Rick. :redheartpump:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I will be thinking of you tomorrow!
artiemom artiemom Good luck with G’s vet appointmen.
  • Back from ortho. I’m on crutches for three weeks. The fracture is small, but still considered acute. If I don’t use the crutches, then I will be facing surgery. Next appt in 3 weeks. He is amazed that I turned down pain meds, but there really isn’t any pain. He watched me walk and can’t believe the tibia is broken. I walk normally.
  • So I am down on the couch. We can’t find my crutches, so will have to get another pair. (I think I gave them to a GF when she needed them and never got them back.)
And that will be my day. And the next three weeks. Thank goodness for Rick. :redheartpump:
Oh no! That stinks. Yes, get the crutches!! Where do you pick them up. And then adjust the appropriate height?

So glad you have Rick.

This way you can cuddle with the kids!

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤💕💕💕💕💕💕💕🐈🐈🐈

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see . . .

I went to the bank, the farm stand, and the IGA. I got money, local rhubarb, local asparagus, local nero de Tuscano kale, two local greenhouse grown tomatoes, and apple cider donuts, lunch meat and Jarlsberg cheese, rolls, ground beef, hot dogs, hot dog rolls, bananas and an avocado.

In the early afternoon Himself hitched up the cart to the ATV. With the help of our occasional aide-de-garden (and me filling tubs and buckets) they took two loads of 4 large tubs of debris from splitting / cutting firewood (lots of sawdust, lots of ants) up to the brush pile at the top of the property, and two loads of four 5 gallon sheet rock buckets filled with water plus a last trip with two more buckets, to fill the water barrels at the bottom of the driveway. All set now, should I need to water the planted half barrels in that area. Of course, now that the two 35 gallon water barrels are filled it will probably rain.

And I did plant three more large pieces of C. musaefolia in the tire planter over the septic tank cleanout on the back lawn. Septic gets cleaned when we have a presidential election.

So I will consider this a reasonably successful day, especially if I get the morning's laundry out of the dryer, folded, put away.

Status
Not open for further replies.