Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom The maple syrup sounds wonderful. Have you ever tried Sagebark Syrup? We used to buy it at our local farmers' market and it's wonderful stuff, esp on something like salmon. It's sweet, but not as sweet as maple syrup. Sadly, we haven't been to our market since the start of the pandemic bc they don't mask up. If I ever get back there, I'll buy an extra bottle and send it to you. I really think you'd like it.

Mollipop also chases her tail, although she does it in the middle of the kitchen. She goes round and round, until she actually looks dizzy. I love watching her. And our furniture? Well, we desperately need new living room furniture; the cats have destroyed both the couch and chair. I'm looking at covers for both bc I can't see spending the money. And double-sided sticky tape did nothing with the girls. They'd look at us and say, "Pah! You really think that's going to stop us? Seriously? Ha!" *scritch, scritch, scritch* Our carpet is the same way. Even though we clip claws the first weekend of every month, they destroy. Maybe it's their way of getting back at us for clipping. Molli is a horizonal scratcher; she loves the carpet and the tops of the furniture arms and the seats; Tabby is a vertical scratcher and she likes the fronts of the furniture. We have scratchers, we have posts and we have a tall cat tree with sisal rope. To be fair, Tabby does use the sisal rope, too. Molli walks right by the scratchers and will scratch the carpet instead. MolliStop! They're lucky they're so cute.

More snow (1-3) coming in tonight into tomorrow morning. I am not amused. The weatherweenies are still talking about that nor'easter coming this weekend, but no amounts yet. Rick said he wanted an "old-fashioned winter with snow up to our knees". Bite me.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Rick will strip the bed when he gets up.
  • The first of three loads of laundry is in the washer.
  • We are going to Target this morning: printer ink, Dove chocolates, and a large decorator coupler. The chocolates are for a cookie I want to make for V-Day this weekend; the large coupler is for a piping tip for a cookie as well. If I can't find the coupler at Target, I'll go to Michael's. There is a Hobby Lobby opening here soon, but I do NOT shop at Hobby Lobby.
  • A good vacuum and swiffer around the house. Wipe down bathroom and kitchen. Etc, etc.
  • Clarence and I will be going for a drive this afternoon. Just because. I have to run him throughout the winter when the weather is ok. And it's a good time for me to go out by myself. Just Clarence and me. And the music. And speaking of Clarence, I need to call the garage for his inspection.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

washing throws and robes..very cold here, only 8 degrees

artiemom artiemom Cal threw up a lot of undigested food last week. Then when I was cleaning the
box I saw hairs in her poop, gross, ha!!

Winchester Winchester So nice of your sis!! I love meatloaf and homemade mac&cheese.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Pam... No I have never heard of Sagebark syrup. As far as maple syrup goes: I had to use it last year, when I was on the very restricted diet. I could use regular sugar, but not a fan of it, or maple syrup... I started buying the real dark maple syrup; discovering it was really good in my oatmeal, and coffee.. I used to hate maple syrup---I guess tastes change as we grow older.

Yesterday, Geoffrey vomited, again.. poor thing.. He was not feeling well, and wanted me to cuddle all day. He does his Mama.. He is like me: When I am not feeling well, he cuddles with me.. When he does not feel well, he wants cuddles... sweet boy..
Guess I have another cat with IBD.. sigh..

I could swear, I heard him beginning to upchuck during the night. He was curled up tight agains me. I moved, to get him on the floor (not the bedspread)...When I woke up, I expected to find some junk of the carpet... nothing...
Surprising.. It must have been a plow, going by, and I was dreaming..

We got a good 5 inches of snow. The entire maintenance staff was here, late yesterday afternoon, cleaning the main entrances and such. They were here for a few hours..
It is very very cold today. I am going to have to go out to clean up my car and to clean up around it.
We are getting more snow tomorrow. Yuck.. another 3-5 inches.. February is always a dangerous snow month.

Today:
*regular morning stuff.. got woken up by a plow on the side of the building.
*clean snow on and around car
*mail some bills
Nothing else, because I will be too tired, after clearing the snow..
***cuddle with Geoffrey

This week, I need to clean the litter box, do a bit of laundry~~Fleece stuff, heavy towels, hit the grocery store for several things.
It seems as if we are in a pattern of having a storm every 2-3 days.. hate this patten. It is now snow, and not rain. ugh..

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
went to wash laundry this morning ,came home took tylenol and went back to bed
getting caught up online awhile
might go check my mail later before it gets dark

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Awakened to more white stuff this morning. We have another 1-1/2, I think. Muffin and I just came back from our walk. I wrapped her up as best I could. She didn't get wet at all. I'm all white. I tried to tell her, I really did. But well, you never, ever win an argument with a cat, it just doesn't happen. I tried begging Dear Richard to take her out; that didn't go well either. He doesn't hold her the way I do and she's not happy. Huh. I see. Must be a Mom-thing.
  • Rick got up with the girls and I got up around 8:00. Woke up, felt for Molli and she wasn't in bed. So I stumbled out the hallway, looking for her, and she was sound asleep on the couch, all wrapped up in a blanket. As soon as she heard he say, "Where's Molli?" she was off the couch in a flash and headed out to the kitchen for their after-breakfast breakfast. *sigh* All I am is a cat slave.
  • Rick is heading to the basement to bring up 3 more butternut squashes for me to bake, puree and freeze. That will be my morning.
  • Making some bread bowls today. We're having chili tonight for dinner and we do like our bread bowls. Sounds like I'll be in the kitchen today.
  • We took Clarence into the garage yesterday for his inspection. I've been having some trouble starting him up and I think it may be the battery. The guy will check him out; if it is the battery, he'll stick a new one in. I don't think it's the alternator bc, once Clarence is started and running, he runs; with the alternator, the battery wouldn't be charging. But we'll see. This garage is a small independent one and there's one guy who does the work. He's been in business forever. I worked with him on a zoning issue many years ago, plus he graduated with Rick. We both really like him and he's honest. If he says it's the battery, I believe him. I won't be driving Clarence home today, not in this mess; he'll never make it up the driveway. But he can sit at the garage until tomorrow, if he has to. I'll get him back home.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

Kaylee made my bed, dusted, dishes, put a load of bedding in the washer

Still feeling rough after trip. I hope to get some relief from the nerve block but I'm pondering this. Dr. Stanton-Hicks was my
doc for 17 years. If the nerve block can give such good relief why didn't he do one? I think Dr. Cheng is grasping at straws.
Because they are so strict about narcotics now I think he'll try anything. I'm angry with people who abused them, docs who overprescribed them. I am one of those people who is not helped by the other meds. I am grateful that he upped one of them
last year. enough ranting.

I was supposed to have the vaccine today at Discount Drug Mart but they changed the plan. I received an email from the Cleveland Clinic stating I can get it there but no date.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Because doctors over-prescribed narcotics and people took advantage of them, everybody now has to suffer. And it's not fair to those who really need the meds. I'm sorry you feel so badly. If you think the nerve block will help, try it. I hope it does help you.
  • Not much going on today. Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with.....nothing. I had ordered coffee from Fire Dept Coffee a couple weeks ago and it was to be delivered here yesterday. I knew we were running dangerously low on coffee, but figured it was OK, since the new coffee would be here. Except, it's not. And I don't think it will be here today either. Bloody post office. I haven't gone a day without coffee in forever. This could get ugly.
  • We're hoping to bring Clarence home this afternoon and drop the truck off for its inspection.
  • General straightening-up in the house, nothing big

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I hope the nerve block starts working, and you feel better..
I agree that all the idiot kids and druggies who ruined it for us who need prescribed narcotics and some OTC stuff.. It is incredible that we have to suffer for them. I say, if they want them, let them have it.. do not ruin it for legitimate uses.... gets me so mad.

Yesterday was a busy day..
*Began with me doing laundry very early--up and down to the laundry room several trips. We cannot stay up there waiting for it. All I did was one load, fleece stuff.
* Really not feeling well.. kind of out of it... Lied down with Geoffrey a couple of times during the day, for about an hour each time..
*in and out of the bathroom... tummy issues.
*Really late shower and regular morning stuff done; in the afternoon.
*Finally felt better around suppertime.
*Played with Geoffrey twice
*It snowed again. ugh.. I saw that the maintence dept was still here.. They stayed overtime to clean up the snow before ti froze. I was very cold last night~~ 18 degrades right now.
The snow started to slow down--only about 3 inches, so they went out to clean. At 6pm, I decided to run out and clean up my car... Good thing I did.. I just have to go out there today to touch up..

It was so nice when I was outside. It was cold, but felt so good. The good feeling right after a snowstorm. So clean, air crisp ... I kind of felt like walking.. but...... at night, with plows, and snow.. not a good idea.. but so nice.. I was talking to another tenant who was doing the same.. We did nt want to go in..

Today:
*regular mornings tuff
**Touch up car
*They are offering another round of Covid Testing. I think I will take advantage of it. The only places I have been, in the past week: Optical Shop, Hairdresser, Whole Foods... nothing else..
*** Plan to clean out Litter box...

That is about it...

I am trying to get as much heavy stuff done before Friday; as that is the day for the second vaccine dose. I do not know how I will feel after it~~ expecting some side effects..
Geoffrey really needs a clean box.

Tomorrow, Thursday: I will get up early, take advantage of Senior hours at Grocery store; fill up my gas tank..

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, artiemom artiemom and Winchester Winchester I was lucky that he upped one of them back up last year
but I don't see him doing that again.

regular stuff

laundry, Kaylee swept the deck and cleaned the litter boxes, did the dishes, still hasn't dusted in the living room., ha!!
She always finds a way to skip that

It's so friggin' cold here but sunny. The brightness from the snow is bothering my eyes. This happened a few
years ago as well. I had to wear sunglasses in Nicole's house because it's very bright there. She thought I
was nuts, ha!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Another 2-3 inches this morning. Rick is out shoveling/pushing snow around. Cars are opened and he's pushing snow around the driveway. He's already cleared out a Muffin-path and she and I just came in from our walk. Clarence is still not home; I'm waiting on a phone call from the garage. And that's partially why Rick is pushing snow around the driveway; otherwise, Clarence would never make it up the driveway. And pushing snow around gives Rick some steps on his FitBit. It's really cold, but not windy, thankfully. Not real sunny either.
  • No coffee again this morning. It's to be delivered today. *sigh* Rick got up with the girls and Molli and I lounged until 8:00, then we got up. After-breakfast breakfast for the girls, I scooped the boxes, and walked 4 miles. (Yes, I've been walking every day, and get between 5 and 6 miles in by the end of every day.)
  • Muffin and I just came back in from our walk. She loves being outside. I swear she can understand people-talk. Before Rick went out, he told her that she had to wait bc he had to shovel a path. She could not go out until he was done. And she's been fine, napping on the back of the couch. No meowing, no yelling. Well, Rick opened the front door and said, "The Muffin-Path is clean!" And right away, Muffin got off the back of the couch and started in. "Mom? Mom! My path is shoveled. Did'ja hear Dad? The path is done! C'mon, let's go!" "Give me a minute to get shoes on and get your blankie and we'll go out." "Mom! Hurry up! We can go!" And outside we went. "Hey! Hey, Dad! Thanks for my path!" Rick reached over to touch her and she reached a paw out to him to thank him. They talked for a while, then we came back in the house. She's in her stroller as I type. That girl is truly something else.
  • Not much going on around here today. We may pick up Clarence if he's finished, and drop the truck off at the garage.
ETA: I am now drinking a mug of Black Cherry Bourbon Infused coffee. It came a few minutes ago and I opened it right away and brewed a mug. I think I just died and went to heaven. There is one problem: I did NOT buy enough!

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
* got up early ran to grocery store, got some gas, ran to atm outside the bank; home with things put away by 7:15am!!
*very late morning stuff

Honestly, I feel as if it shine 4pm. And it is only 12:15pm. 🤦‍♀️:argh: On days when I get out early, without showering, my day is shot. I end up eating everything in the house, and getting lazy

I have to out to car and put some disposable gloves in there. I use them when I wipe down the shopping cart.

Winchester Winchester . Thanks for reminding me. I need to get an inspection sticky this month.

Yesterday I did clean out the litter box and scrub the tub.

Tomorrow at 12:40pm or so, I will be getting the second Covid vaccine. Not planning on accomplishing much this weekend. We are getting more snow.
Winter has arrived :livid:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom How are you feeling with that second vaccine dose?

A weekend snow, starting Saturday night into Sunday, finishing with a bit of a wintry mix. 2 to 5 inches, they're saying.
We still didn't bring Clarence home. The part still didn't come in, so we're waiting.
Didn't sleep much at all last night; last time I looked at the clock, it was going on 5:00. Tired, but not sleepy....if that makes any sense. It's going to be a long day today.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Thinking of making English muffins and burger buns this morning. Perhaps a loaf of bread as well.
  • Finish up the grocery list for Monday's shopping.....we need everything this time around!
  • Check on the WeShed plants. I wasn't out there at all yesterday.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , I will tell you tomorrow. Shot is this afternoon....around 1pm.

M mia , how are you feeling? Did the nerve block help, at all???? ((hugs)))

Yesterday, I descaled the humidifiers with bleach..

Today:
*Expecting a vomit from Geoffrey--he was swallowing hard, and did not eat much the past couple fo days..
*regular morning stuff
*Write out one more bill
*Mail things
** probably changing bed sheets... perhaps a quick wipe down of bathroom....

Not planning on doing much this afternoon and this weekend... due to vaccine injection.

We got a robocall last night telling us, that Wednesdays testing found 2 unknown cases in her..
One is in the hospital, one is still quarantining at home.. under doctors care..
DAM... that means 9 cases since the first of the year...
People do not care~~ They feel they are invincible, and the heck with everyone else!!
Gets me so mad!

Thank God, my OWN "sheltering in place" is working for me...

Yesterday, I double masked when I went to the grocery store.. A KN95 with a regular disposable mask over it... Made me feel a bit foolish, but when I heard the robocall last night, I was glad I did...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Rick opened the front door and said, "The Muffin-Path is clean!" And right away, Muffin got off the back of the couch and started in. "Mom? Mom! My path is shoveled. Did'ja hear Dad? The path is done! C'mon, let's go!" "Give me a minute to get shoes on and get your blankie and we'll go out." "Mom! Hurry up! We can go!" And outside we went. "Hey! Hey, Dad! Thanks for my path!" Rick reached over to touch her and she reached a paw out to him to thank him. They talked for a while, then we came back in the house. She's in her stroller as I type
Sooo adorable!!! Darling Muffin!!

artiemom artiemom The nerve block is next Friday, the19th. I hate to be negative but as I said before, I think if Dr. Michael Stanton-Hicks, my pain doc for 17 years, didn't think it would help, why does Dr. Cheng? Doc Cheng is the President of the American Pain Foundation and is an excellent doc so I'll have it done. How is Geoffrey?

regular stuff

washing smalls in Dreft, I have Kaylee for 3 hours instead of 2

will try to read

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't been in a salon since last March. I've been trimming my bangs and periodically trying to trim the back. The back has gotten a little shaggy and uneven, so this morning I asked my husband if he'd trim it. He did it once last summer and he didn't do too badly. It's basically straight across so how hard could it be?? Well. Remind me never to ask him again. I wanted about half an inch taken off. With the first snip, I knew I was in trouble. As I watched a three-inch section of hair drop to the floor, I must have made an involuntary noise because he said, "What?" "Um, nothing. Go ahead." So after he finished and left, I evened the sides (one was almost an inch longer than the other), but there isn't much I could do about the back. Hair grows back. And there are hats. <<whimper>>

I'll make a batch of cat food this afternoon, a never-ending task. I'm low on chicken. Well, the girls are low on chicken. :)

I need to divide a gabapentin capsule. My poor Iris isn't doing well, and the vet has me giving her 50 mg. of gabapentin every evening. The tiny capsules are in 100 mg. doses. It takes a lot of patience and a very steady hand to divide one of those things! I do only one at a time because I don't really have a good way to store more than two days of the minute bit of powder.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I need to divide a gabapentin capsule. My poor Iris isn't doing well, and the vet has me giving her 50 mg. of gabapentin every evening. The tiny capsules are in 100 mg. doses. It takes a lot of patience and a very steady hand to divide one of those things! I do only one at a time because I don't really have a good way to store more than two days of the minute bit of powder.
My Vincie girl took it in a liquid form. Poor Iris.💖

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

will do some laundry

I'm going to have a Marie Calendar chicken pot pie, they're so good and filling.

artiemom artiemom I'm so glad you'll be fully vaccinated!!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday:
Regular stuff
washed down rest of bathroom
a quick dusting of furniture
Got the Covid vaccine yesterday...

No effects yesterday, except a bit of a chill for a couple hours, (a friend felt the same way).
Not even a sore arm.

Woke up this morning--or should I say that Geoffrey made sure I got up, by walking all over me--ugh, 14 lbs of a big boy!! and meowing in my ear!!

I felt warmish. Took temp, not quite a fever, but a fever for me~ 99.1.. I usually run 97.1 or 96.1...
I will take it again, in a while.. after breakfast, before second cup of coffee.

Arm is a bit sore..

Today:
*regular morning stuff~~ whenever it gets done
*nothing else planned..
I did all my heavier chores late last week, so I could rest this weekend.
* cuddle and play with Geoffrey

Keeping in touch with a friend to see how reactions are going. She knows all the scoop in here.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snow and sleet forecast for sometime this afternoon. Soon we will

Go to feed and farm store to get peanuts and thistle seed for the birds.

Onward to Walmart - the one we went to yesterday (in a different town) had NO distilled water. Use it for the two humidifiers and purchase 10 gallons at a time. And the "reserves" are lower than I'm comfortable with.

As long as we are there: Himself needs leather shoelaces, I will search for fresh thyme, bananas, and capers.

Then back home and look forward to our granddaughter's wedding, Zoomed from Texas.

Meanwhile, earlier this morning I started the crock pot/slow cooker working on a pork shoulder for pulled pork - tomato puree, hot sauce, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar. Ten hours should do it.

Intend to make a vat of spaghetti sauce too. I like to keep the freezer stocked up.

We're on the Covid-19 vaccine registry but as soon as slots are available they're filled. So we wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.