Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope hangs go well. He is only a month old, not 3 months.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
went and shipped my cat toys off that was paid for and bought some stamps for my letters too
wrote some letters and got the next batch of mail ready to be sent off
play a video game later if i am not too busy

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Having been on much, at least not posting..
Beginning , this past Thursday the building had water issues.. First a main pipe broke, then 2 circulating pumps broke.. so between no water for one day, and no hot or warm water the next day, it has been a joke around here...

This weekend will be busy with chores which were not done, due to lack of water to clean, wash, flush, etc...

Plus, we are getting a good old Nor'Easter beginning on Monday afternoon, through Tuesday , with it stopping some time on Wednesday... ugh.. heaver wet snow.. 6-12 inches... ugh.. ugh..

I rescheduled my hair appointment last week due to snow, and it is was rescheduled to this upcoming Wednesday. UGH.. right during cleanup.. have to reschedule..

Today, when I get going.. been lazy..
*Regular morning stuff
My morning shower is going to feel so good....
*have to descale the humidifiers with bleach.
*a really good vacuuming..

I also need to change bed sheets, add more litter to the litter box.. empty clean out Litter Genie, order more litter, eventually Wet Swiffer kitchen floor, Throw trash out...
Rinse out and put pans of water away...

Decide what to have for supper.. perhaps just a tuna sandwich.. I should order a pizza, and some stuff.. I know the kitchen staff will not be in... my freezer is full. I would cook something, but I think I am going to be too tired to do much..

Tomorrow is another day.. I will try to do the bedsheets tomorrow. and perhaps order the pizza, salad, and some soup.. I need $20 for delivery.. That will get me through the storm, especially if the kitchen is closed.

ugh.. hate to start the day.. Procrastination is my first name!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Hey you! Yes, they're talking about a winter storm here, too. We were originally in the 10-15 range, but they've decreased us now to about 4 inches. I'll take that. But we'll see. It is to start on Sunday afternoon and go into Tuesday morning, but they say most of it is to stay to our south. Depending on what happens on Monday, it may be a baking day for me. I love to bake when it is snowing. We have that large window at the kitchen sink and I can see pretty much the whole back yard. Watch the snow, watch the birds.
  • Molli and I lounged until 9:00, then got up. The girls had their after-breakfast breakfast while I was making my coffee.
  • I no sooner came back here with my coffee, than Muffin started yelling. I wrapped her in her blankie and we went out the door. No dog, no rooster, not even a bird this morning. She was not amused.
  • Not much going on today. I may clean out some drawers and the cabinets in the bathroom before heading to the kitchen to do the same. I like cleaning out drawers and cabinets; it gives me a sense of accomplishment. Don't know why.
  • Wash combs and brushes. I throw everything in the bathroom sink, sprinkle with baking soda, and then pour boiling water over everything. Clean, then rinse well and dry.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Striped and remade beds

Cleaned bathrooms

Started washing/drying bedding and towels

Vacuumed the bedrooms and living room as well as the couch/loveseat/chair

Dusted my bedroom

Used my new Crosswave to vacuum/mop the kitchen and bathroom floors

I am trying to get as much done today so I can just sit and watch the snow fall all day tomorrow. ❄❄❄

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
well now that i have had my nap i will start doing a few things like :
get caught up online
write letters later
make a friend some valentines heart shaped cat toys
play a game

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tired and sleepy this morning. I stayed up until 2:00 watching episodes of Lucifer, then had trouble falling asleep. Last time I looked at the clock, it was going on 4:00. And, of course, Amber started yelling at 5:30, so it was a very short night.
Snow is supposed to start early this afternoon. After our area being forecast originally with 10 to15 inches, we downgraded to four inches. Now, we've been upgraded from 4 inches to 7 to 9. PennDOT has put travel restrictions on our major highways. Yay.....not.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'll have to scoop in a bit.
  • Rick will strip the bed when he gets up and then I'll put the fresh sheets on. No laundry til tomorrow.
  • He's going in to bowl this afternoon, so Muffin and I shall hit the WeShed while he's gone.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I accomplished a lot.. not everything which I planned, but a lot:
I did not strip the bed, but I did clean the bathroom.
I did not empty and clean the Litter Genie because I descaled the humidifiers with bleach. I did not want o mix smells in here..
Also paid all my bills, shredded a bit of stuff

Today:
*regular morning stuff
*strip bed, new sheets
*perhaps some laundry~ IF my favorite washer is empty; need to time it right.

I think I am going to order out for supper. I will see if they will deliver. Pizza is alway my go to, for a snow storm.....

Initially, the forecast was for 6-12 inches of snow, lasting from Monday afternoon until Wednesday morning.. ugh
I just saw the new forecast: starting Monday by 8am; the amounts are lowered quite a bit: 3-6 inches along my coast... What the heck?? What a change..

I do not trust this forecast. I will wait until tonight, or until the storm is over, to see exactly how much we get....

Also have some computer work to do... need to go through last years stuff, to find an address.. ugh.. hate doing that... aggravating...

I should dust, and wash floor, but that can wait.. can't do it all at once!!

My supply stash is coming in handy.. as is the buildings store. So I am all set as far as groceries.. just a few things needed... perishables and stuff I cannot get in house..

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom We used to order out on snow days too until we had a teenager working at a restaurant. I realized that it was them that did most of the deliveries and driving on wet icy roads. I worried that one of them would get into an accident.

While the restaurant my son works at doesn't do delivery, the employees are kept at the restaurant until people stop calling for take out. The later it gets, the worse the roads get so I will be a nervous wreck tonight until my kid gets home safely.

strider rose

Top Cat
Purraise
tonite im taking it easy and playing a video game called Final Fantasy Tactics ... its addicting but very fun

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

washing coats, dryer broke so Kaylee will dry everything at laundro

we have snow, not a lot but we had blowing

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday,
I had to go out to pick up my pizza. I wanted it from this particular place. It is small, extremely clean, they make their own bread, dough, pasta... Because of Covid, they do not have all the employees they would normally do. I called and asked for delivery, but they were too busy to comply~~ tons of orders coming in..

So, I ordered my Neopolitian Pizza--just thin crust with cheese and sauce, and an order of tortellini soup. I heard it was delicious. The broth was just bland;. but. when you took a bit of the tortellini,
OMG... the dough, the cheese, all mixed with the broth, to make a delicious mouthful of soup!!

I made a pig of myself with the pizza!! Soup will be either today or tomorrow, after cleaning up the snow...

Today:
*regular morning stuff
*have to trim Geoffrey's front claws.. I cannot believe they grew so fast.. or I did not take enough off.
*They are offering another Covid test, in the building.. This one is a pooled test. I am taking it..
I am taking any tests they make available. I know I do not have it, but, it is good to be tested.
We had 7 cases in here, since Jan 1.. people are getting fearless... and antsy... so, getting tested is good.
The next vaccine day is Feb 12...
* nothing else...
*Watching the snow come down..
The amounts went down, and then went back up.. now, back to 9-12 inches, the original forecast..
With heavy winds.. ugh....

Yesterday, I also changed my bed, ran up and down to laundry room, for some laundry.... that took up all morning.. had a phone call, while clothes were drying...

Geoffrey is back to hating the new formula of his wet food.. I just hate RC for changing formulas.. I really am...

Geoffrey has now discovered puberty... OMG.. He has discovered a homemade blanket, calling it
"HIS"... He gets so "HAPPY" with it... ugh....
I have to constantly tell him NO.. LIE DOWN>> He gets so mad at me.. he even growls... OMG>..
At the age of 5, he is now humping!!

It is a really nice double fleece blanket, with lining. My cousin made it.. I really like the blanket and was using it to cover up with at night, while I was watching TV... ugh...

I also noticed that he is kneading the blanket, while he gets his 'hard on'.... When I adopted him, he never kneaded tings. All he did was "Air" knead.. I think his previous owner stopped him from kneading because it leads to his humping.. OMG>>>

Now, he is tryin to express his dominance over me.. Yup, he really is.. getting more aggressive..
So I have to somehow stop this behavior..

He is also coming out with his acne, because I am stopping him from being Happy... OMG.. what a cat... he is crazy...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Man, I was in bed and sound asleep last night by 10:30. I was completely wiped out. Woke up this morning at 6:15: Rick had gotten out of bed and was giving the cats their breakfast. And I dropped back off. And didn't even move until 10:00 when Muffin came back to tell me that it was past time for their after-breakfast breakfast. I can't believe I slept that long. Being up until 2:00 Saturday night/Sunday morning and then getting up at 6:00 really did a number yesterday. Guess it's official; I'm an Old Fart.
  • Made French toast with mimosas for breakfast; Rick loves French toast. I love mimosas. It worked. Now I'm sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Will do two, maybe three loads of laundry. When I put the fresh sheets on the bed, I also put the heavy comforter on, so I need to wash our light comforter before I put it away.
  • Take Muffin for her walk. Rick went outside to clear a Muffin-Path to the WeShed. She's already asking for a walk, even though we're up to seven inches of snow thus far and it's still snowing like crazy. She doesn't care and she's back here meowing about it. Rick's cleaning around the vehicles and then will do a path over to the shed as we're going to watch a movie later on this afternoon and we'll take Muffin with us. I thought it was cute that he called it a Muffin-Path. He loves those girls.
And that will be our snowy Monday!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
. Rick went outside to clear a Muffin-Path to the WeShed.
Awwww..Muffin-Path

regular stuff

wash darks, dryer is fixed I hope Kaylee shows up, this place needs tending. What is really needs is a cleaning done
by professionals, not sure what that would cost but I think it would be worth it.

Snow is over. it looks pretty but my feet were cold so I'm wearing my boots, ha!!👢

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Did Nicole get your laundry dried?

It is still snowing here! Got up with the girls this morning, turned the back light on and yep, still snowing. And quite hard, too. Last night, Rick said he thought we were pushing 15 inches. Didn't even try to go to the WeShed yesterday; watched Lucifer in the bedroom last night.

I did take Muffin out yesterday; she was not amused at all; evidently she doesn't like snowflakes on her whiskers. I had her bundled up in her blankie, but she pushed her head out and....this is a lot of white stuff! There's a lot of it! And she pulled her head way into the blanket and started muttering. "Mom? We can go back inside! Any time now! Stop talking to Dad! Time to go in the house! MOM!" Came back in the house, she wriggled free of the pink blankie, gave herself a good shake, and started to clean. Then she went back to the computer room and started yelling at the birds at the suet feeders.

Meanwhile, Mollipop was already in the computer room. She literally threw herself against the window twice, trying to get at the snowflakes and she was chattering away. "Hey! What do you think you're doing? My house, my window! Stop it!" My girls. I love them dearly. You'd think she'd never seen snow before.
Mollipop.jpg

• Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • You know that laundry I was going to do yesterday? Well, today is another day. First load is in the washer.
  • Bagels! You know, I've never made a bagel in my life. Bob texted me on Sunday to say that he bought bagels at DD. There's a bagel place in town that has some of the best bagels we've ever had, but well, Covid. I saw where lizzie lizzie made bagels the other day (in the dinner thread). I'm so hungry now for a bagel. Cinnamon-raisin bagel, to be exact. Stay tuned. We'll see how well they turn out. Or not turn out, as the case may be.
  • Also making a pan of applesauce brownies this morning. There's applesauce in the fridge. I asked Rick if he was going to eat it. "Of course I am! Don't even touch it! Don't even think about touching it!" "OK," I said. "I was thinking of making applesauce brownies." To which Dear Richard responded, "Oh! Go right ahead!" Men!
  • And a cleaning this afternoon. Vacuum and swiffer.

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I was up and down the stairs at least 4 times.. That is to the lobby and back.
They had the group batch Covid testing. I do not think many people wanted it done. Just as I was going to jump in the shower, they did a general call for anyone who wants it done, to come on down~~ not to wait for assigned time..

I was up and down, for mail, the store, to drop off my evaluation of the previous weeks food... so about 4 times.. and trash..

I guess I was antsy!

I was kind of concerned about how much snow we would have. The forecast was all over the place.. Ended up with really bad wind, a ton of rain, and some some.. not much, about 3 inches, but it looks like cement.
I need to go out soon, to clean up my car and around it; before the temp drops and freezes. I have the car remotely started and warming up.
I need to use it on Friday, for a haircut, and a few groceries.. I mean a few...

Today:
Things will be a bit mixed up..
*go out, clean up car..
*back inside to cool down and relax a bit..
*Shower, then regular stuff
* need to clean humidifiers with vinegar
* need to clean air purifier filters...
Not much else... if I end up doing it all..been putting off the air cleaner.

The rain/wind was really atrocious last night. It did keep me up. It sounded as if the crank parts for he windows were going to be pushed off, flying in the gusts. Yes, it was noisy. Geoffrey was jumping each time he heard a clang/bang...

Very quiet in the building today. I think a lot of people are sleeping in. I did. I woke up after 6am, went to bathroom.. Geoffrey knew I was not getting up, because he did not stir from the bed.
I went back to bed, finally getting up at 8:30 or so.... it is a lazy post snow day... a good day for cooking.

Winchester Winchester I love hearing about the 'kids'... You make it sound as if we were there, watching it happen.. Thank you...

I hid Geoffrey's "obsession" blanket.... I actually folded it, and placed a thinner fleece throw on top of it..until I can wash it. He is not happy.. He is hiding under my bed... HA....
No Mr. Happy, yesterday... and he did not challenge me..

Now, he is trying to open the desk drawer, where I keep his wand toys... omgosh.. so smart.. and calling me to cuddle with him.. or play chase... what a cat... back to his old sweet self... amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.