Name Three Things - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The wind is just roaring outside this morning. It's all we hear. The trees are swaying and the snow is blowing all over the place. Our neighbor plowed us out yesterday afternoon, but the snow is drifting through the driveway.
Rick has a script ready for the CVS at Target and we're trying to talk ourselves into going down to pick it up. We don't want to. We don't want to go outside and deal with anything today. It's a good day to stay in the house and pretend that we're the only ones in the world.
  • Rick got up with the girls. Molli and I stayed in bed until 9:00, cuddling and listening to the wind. Then we got up.
  • Like I said, trying to talk ourselves into heading down to Target. The things is, it's not going to get any better later on this week either. It's just going to get colder and colder. By this weekend our lows will be in single digits and our highs in the teens.
  • I'd like to do a load of towels and a load of kitty linens. We're not feeling very ambitious today.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The wind is just roaring outside this morning. It's all we hear. The trees are swaying and the snow is blowing all over the place. Our neighbor plowed us out yesterday afternoon, but the snow is drifting through the driveway.
Rick has a script ready for the CVS at Target and we're trying to talk ourselves into going down to pick it up. We don't want to. We don't want to go outside and deal with anything today. It's a good day to stay in the house and pretend that we're the only ones in the world.
  • Rick got up with the girls. Molli and I stayed in bed until 9:00, cuddling and listening to the wind. Then we got up.
  • Like I said, trying to talk ourselves into heading down to Target. The things is, it's not going to get any better later on this week either. It's just going to get colder and colder. By this weekend our lows will be in single digits and our highs in the teens.
  • I'd like to do a load of towels and a load of kitty linens. We're not feeling very ambitious today.
Does your CVS offer delivery through the mail? My husband's prescriptions are delivered and it makes life so much easier. Even though the pharmacy said they would synch his prescriptions so we'd only have one trip to make, they never did and it seemed like every other day, one would be ready for pick-up. Now I just get an alert on my phone and "ok" them mailing it.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
waking up first cause i didnt sleep so great
getting caught up online with my websites
later checking my mail and might write some letters

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
So far, today has been a bit busy, for me.

*regular morning stuff
*took apart the air purifier— gave it a good wipe down— washed filters
*took apart both humidifiers- washed down with vinegar— air drying
*took apart keurig coffee machine— descaled it a couple of times with vinegar, changed filter
*threw trash out
*picked up mail, remote started car

Sitting here with a cup of tea.
*called for a laundry pick up

** still have to get laundry together for early morning pick up.
It seems so nice outside— calm before the cold. I probably should have taken advantage of it, and gone out. I do not need much— just a few items.

I take advantage of the senior hours. I really hate getting up so early and out the door before I shower— but I have to be there at 6am. It really ruins my day.

I am getting hair done on Friday, I can pick some things up at either Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods. At opposite ends of expenses.

I can really wait until next week for bleach and vinegar.

I want to go out, but have no place to go ! I have enough stuff on here. Just getting antsy

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We did hit Target yesterday. While we were there, I bought two nonstick skillets. I'm really hard on nonstick skillets and, about every 4-5 years, I buy new ones. These are the ceramic GreenPans; Rick wanted to try them.....well, I guess he wanted me to try them. I will say that when I made a vegetable omelet last night for dinner, the thing folded and rolled right out of the pan. No more starting out as an omelet and ending up as scrambled eggs bc of sticking. At least for now anyway. The tips that were on the containers of the pans said right out: Do not use sprays on the pans. A little butter or oil is OK, but no spray. The residue from some cooking sprays leave a residue on the pan and that's what causes the sticking eventually. Anyway, we'll see how the pans do over time. I've never wanted all nonstick pans; I'm perfectly happy with my Tramontina pans. But I do need one or two for omelets and such.

klunick klunick I think our CVS does offer free delivery, but we've never taken advantage of it. Usually til we're ready to grab our meds, there are other things we need as well, so we're not going for just meds anyway. A lot of our local small drugstores are also offering free delivery now.
artiemom artiemom I am more than ready for a hair appt. The greys/whites are down to my ears now. This is, by far, a much longer process than what I was hoping it would be. I'm ready to color my whole head white with grey streaks and be done with it! Can't do that; it would kill my hair and I'd be sorry forever. So I'll end up getting about two inches cut off and deal.

We are starting to double-mask. Bob (co-worker) ordered a ton of the KN95 masks and gave us a bag to try out. We like them; we put them on under our cloth masks. They're disposable, but I put mine in the PhoneSoap to disinfect, so that I can get two uses. After the second use, I discard it.

We have a huge shelf of snow slowly sliding off our roof in front of the house. Right in front of the window in the living room, the thing was enormous and hanging way down off the house. Well, yesterday, Mollipop was in the window and the snow fell off the house. Molli leaped out of the window, zoomed back to the bedroom, and hid under my desk. I called her back out and she looked at Rick and said, "OK, what the **** was that?!" Then she jumped back into the window and started looking up at the roof and then down to the ground. She knew that something happened and she didn't like it. Her tail was puffed out to three times its size. We still have more along the length of the front of the house and Rick said he'll probably go out today and take it off, so it doesn't fall on one of us.

There's not much going on today at all.
  • A bit of cleaning-up around the house, but nothing big. I finished cleaning out cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom. I may start on cleaning out/straightening up the drawers in my bureau in the bedroom.
  • And my desk looks like a hurricane hit it. Again.
  • About halfway through Season 5 of Lucifer.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh..
Did not sleep well last night.. I hate when that happens.. Then, when I was just about to fall asleep, Geoffrey vomited.. and then pooped... ugh..
I left it until when I got up..

I noticed, late yesterday, that one of the nosepieces to my eyeglasses, fell off!! I was wondering why one side was digging in, a bit, and my vision was off a bit... ugh..

I was just at the optometrist for an adjustment, due to mask wearing!!!

I guess it is time for new glasses. I hope he has an extra nose piece which he can substitute.

These eyeglasses are at least 2 years old. Same frame and prescription. I only need a slight adjustment, so eye doctor said to keep them, until I want a new pair. I guess now is the time...
Bad timing.. but, needs to be done... I do not need the added expense.. sigh..

Up early, so I can call to see if the optometrist will take me. He does new glasses by appointment only... He recently returned after having Covid.. ugh... His entire family, including Aunt, came down with it. He lost his dad, 95 years old, to Covid. so sad... His dad was in a nursing home, and one person initially came down with it. It decimated the nursing home.. so so so sad...

*messed up day..
*need to take shower, shortly
*regular mornings tuff will have to wait.
*go to optometrist..
*home.... finish morning stuff, after my second cup of coffee
*some chores around here.. nothing elaborate... just stuff...
*having lazy day..

Yesterday was a busy day.. Glad I did all of it.. I had so much energy, that I even did some shredding last night.

Winchester Winchester I love hearing about your 'kids' :redheartpump::redheartpump:....and Rick :redheartpump: He sounds like such a kind, caring person.. a great match for you... I would just love to have both of you as friends.. IF we lived closer..

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
regular stuff

will wash blanket and throws

Kaylee will pick up the items she didn't get yesterday and a few more things. She didn't get 4 items
that were on the list and left w/o telling me she was leaving. I though she went back out to her car
realized she was gone, the I called her and asked did you leave? Nicole picked up my Rxs for me.

Having a nerve block done on the 19th to see if it will relieve left shoulder pain. will be partially asleep
while it's being done.

Winchester Winchester I double masked when I went to pain clinic

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Grocery store
Clean litter boxes
Laundry
Pick up dinner

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom :hugs: :hugs: We ARE friends! Just long-distance friends!
Mia6 Mia6 Good for you for double-masking! :hugs: I can't get over that Kaylee just leaves and doesn't say anything.

We had another inch or so of snow this morning. It can stop now anytime. I'm so over winter. The cold, the white stuff.....BLAH!
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning. Molli and I lounged until 8:30 when Muffin started yelling and scritching the bedroom door. I told Rick "If you want me to get up, just say so! Don't send Muffin back to yell at me!" Molli and I got up and they got their after-breakfast breakfast while I made my coffee. Brought my coffee back to the computer room, sat down, and......Muffin started yelling at me again. She wanted to go out and how dare I even think about having my coffee before I took her out! Honestly, that woman. So I grabbed her pink blankie, she met me at the front door, I bundled her up, and we spent some time outside. She was very quiet this morning; well, actually, the world was very quiet this morning. No dog, no rooster, not even a lot of vehicles. She listened to the wind, she watched the tree branches swaying. She was very alert. Came back into the house, I came back to the computer room, took one swig of coffee, and....."Mom? MOM!" "What do you want NOW?" "Nap! I need a nap!" I opened the bedroom door, she walked inside and....silence. I just peeked in and she's curled up in her stroller, sound asleep. And my coffee is cold.
  • Not much going on today. A quick vacuum about the house, followed by a quick swiffer.
  • Rick is running out to the cheesemaker for a small wheel of baby Swiss. I need to figure out what I'm making for Super Bowl Sunday. I asked him if he was watching the Super Bowl and he is.....just to hope Brady loses, if nothing else. That, plus the fact that it's football.
  • Finished the first half of Season 5 of Lucifer last night, so now I'm done until the second part comes out. Then I saw that Netflix is carrying Supernatural. I watched the first four episodes of Season 1 of SN. My god, those boys looked so young. I may watch the beginning of the second season of Prodigal Son on Hulu.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom :hugs: :hugs: We ARE friends! Just long-distance friends!
Mia6 Mia6 Good for you for double-masking! :hugs: I can't get over that Kaylee just leaves and doesn't say anything.

We had another inch or so of snow this morning. It can stop now anytime. I'm so over winter. The cold, the white stuff.....BLAH!
  • Rick got up with the girls this morning. Molli and I lounged until 8:30 when Muffin started yelling and scritching the bedroom door. I told Rick "If you want me to get up, just say so! Don't send Muffin back to yell at me!" Molli and I got up and they got their after-breakfast breakfast while I made my coffee. Brought my coffee back to the computer room, sat down, and......Muffin started yelling at me again. She wanted to go out and how dare I even think about having my coffee before I took her out! Honestly, that woman. So I grabbed her pink blankie, she met me at the front door, I bundled her up, and we spent some time outside. She was very quiet this morning; well, actually, the world was very quiet this morning. No dog, no rooster, not even a lot of vehicles. She listened to the wind, she watched the tree branches swaying. She was very alert. Came back into the house, I came back to the computer room, took one swig of coffee, and....."Mom? MOM!" "What do you want NOW?" "Nap! I need a nap!" I opened the bedroom door, she walked inside and....silence. I just peeked in and she's curled up in her stroller, sound asleep. And my coffee is cold.
  • Not much going on today. A quick vacuum about the house, followed by a quick swiffer.
  • Rick is running out to the cheesemaker for a small wheel of baby Swiss. I need to figure out what I'm making for Super Bowl Sunday. I asked him if he was watching the Super Bowl and he is.....just to hope Brady loses, if nothing else. That, plus the fact that it's football.
  • Finished the first half of Season 5 of Lucifer last night, so now I'm done until the second part comes out. Then I saw that Netflix is carrying Supernatural. I watched the first four episodes of Season 1 of SN. My god, those boys looked so young. I may watch the beginning of the second season of Prodigal Son on Hulu.
When I die, I want to come back as one of your cats. :lol: Heck, Boone and Gracie probably wish they were one of your cats. :lol: They have no idea compared to any other cat I've owned, they are being spoiled rotten.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today was busy enough...
*Played with Geoffrey, twice
*showered, very short quick vacuum
*out the door
*Ran to Whole Food before the hairdresser
*home,
*put things away
*moved car to a different spot
*waited for another Covid Test... My complex is always testing us.. I appreciate it. My philosophy: if it is offered, I take!!
*threw some trash away
*finally washed breakfast dishes
*ran down to get my Amazon Order
*put my clean laundry away...

Done with today...Now relaxing..

I found a very expensive small bottle of Organic Maple Syrup, aged in Rum Barrels...OMG.. so delicious! I tried it in a cup of coffee... It is really good; but, something to remember as a special treat because it is so expensive... as was the milk chocolate covered almonds.. OMG>. delish...

Have not heard anything from the Covid test. It was a rapid PCR nose Swab. They told me that if did not hear by 5pm, then things are ok.... I expected it to be, but.... you never know...better to be safe than sorry...

Seriously, I only go to Whole Foods when I go the the hairdresser.. It is around the corner from her shop... I would never go there on my own.. for specialty things; it is good~~ also for 'treats"
I consider their rotisserie chicken a 'treat~~ organic, basted in butter.. Omg.. so good... so moist, a good size bird..

I also got 4 lemon poppy seed muffins from them... Can't wait for breakfast, to try them..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Did you get the maple syrup from Whole Foods? Sounds delicious. And you were busy yesterday!

I finally found headphones that Rick thinks his mom will like for her Kindle. They should be here on Wednesday. I'll set them up, check everything out, download some audiobooks and check them out for volume, etc. Then we'll get the Kindle back up to her. I also ordered some larger piping tips to pipe out cookie dough. I tried to make a cookie at Christmas last year and thought I had the right tip, but didn't. The cookies still turned out good, esp dipped in chocolate. But now I have the correct tips. I may try them out for cookies for V-Day.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, etc. Will scoop in a bit.
  • Water the plants in the WeShed and do a quick vacuum and swiffer out there this afternoon.
  • Rick mentioned cleaning out the chest freezer this weekend, since it's so cold outside. I doubt that will come to pass, but we'll see. It will have to be today if we do it as he's bowling tomorrow afternoon. I suppose that could wait until Monday; it's not like it's going to warm up any time soon. :sigh:
  • He wants me to write out a Honey-Do list of tasks in the house that I'd like him to do before summer rolls around and he's up in the garden. I looked at him and said, "Are you really sure you want me to do this?" and he said he did. Boy, that could open one ugly can of worms!

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
My recent Covid test, came back negative. There was one positive in the billing. Only 130 people decided to get tested... ridiculous. They feel invincible... and incredulous.. I just cannot believe them not opting to be tested.. it is harmless...

There is going to be another Covid test offered on Wednesday. The second dose of vaccine is on Friday.

just discoed old time Saturday Morning cartoons on MeTV... Currently watching the Tom & Jerry Show... not my favorite but better than news..

Today:
*made a list of things to do.. doubt if I will get to much of it.
*Just had to yell at Geoffrey~~ he is attacking my sofa as a scratching post!! I have sticky tape on the sides. Now, he was at the front of the sofa!! OMG.. he is a terror..
Mind you, he has a cat tree, a 4 ft scratching post, and a cardboard scratcher, all in the living room!! In the kitchen, he uses a floor mat as a scratcher.. that is ok with me. He also has a cardboard scratcher in my bedroom...
He is wanting attention... and getting bored. He has a ton of toys. I change them around also.. He was busy watching the birds this morning..
UGH.. what a cat...
*Tired today.. was up until after midnight.. one of those nights.
* need to check out the status of humidifiers.. probably a wipe down with bleach.. Hate the smell..

Getting 5-7 inches of snow tomorrow.,, Clean up day will be Monday, since it is an all day event, on a Sunday..

Winchester Winchester Wow, Rick is really asking for "it".... He does not know what he is 'in' for.... :lol2:

Unless I get some energy, it will be a lazy day...

I need to take care of the liter box, sometime this week. I noticed, with the last box of litter, Dr Elsey's; that it was much sandier.. It is tracking really bad, causing a ton of dust. I think they changed their formula.. I hate when that happens..

I really like their litter, but if this keeps up, I am going to have to look for a new one, which does not track as much, and has less dust..
Geoffrey spreads out his paws when he covers. The litter gets in between his toes. He is also a big boy, a high kicker, and a corner pee-er..

Boring day... but I need to do a fairly good vacuum-- not taking the place apart, but a fairly good vacuum, since I have only done a quick one the past few days..

M mia , how are the "babies" doing? Are they still coming around?

I think Spring is in the air.. I am seeing more and more birds, in couples... and a few squirrels...
That will be so good.. A sparrow is looking for a nest location.

It seems that we are getting huge snowstorms, and really bad torrential rain storms. Nothing like it used to be years ago.. a bit of snow, 1-3 inches, or 3-5... now it is in excessive amounts ..
Climate Change..

Now Bugs Bunny and Friends are on MeTV... childhood memories!! ..

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
getting caught up online ( after getting woke up proper)
might write some letters
might make an order of cat toys

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
And it's snowing....again. We were to get a covering to 2 inches of the white stuff; we already have about two inches. PennDOT just went by plowing and salting. It's getting old. Rick is going into town this afternoon to bowl and I'll be worried about him until he's back home.
I posted in the Dinner thread that my sister stopped by this morning. She came bearing gifts: meatloaf, a pan of mac and cheese, a bag of frozen broccoli, so we'd even have a vegetable with dinner tonight. Dessert is a slab of Pepperidge Farm frozen cake, one slab each of two kinds of cake. Yum! She said we're always sharing with them and she wanted to return the favor. Works for us! I don't have to cook tonight! Or tomorrow night, for that matter! How awesome is that?!
  • Sitting back here with a mug of coffee. Muffin has already been outside for her walk. I didn't want to take her out, but she always wins that argument. "Mom, I wanna go outside." "Muffin, you don't like it when we go out in the snow!" "I wanna go out and I wanna go out NOW!" "You'll get snow on your whiskers! You don't like snow on your whiskers!" "MOM! OUT! NOW!" "Fine! OK, fine!" And I wrapped her in her pink blankie so that all that showed was her eyes. We were out for a couple of minutes. "OK, I'm ready to go back in the house! Nothing to see here!" She was fine. I am soaked. Rick laughed at us. I was not particularly amused. She's napping in her stroller. I'll need to scoop boxes in a bit.
  • Sort through laundry for tomorrow's laundry day
  • Making a Target list and working on a grocery list for next week's shopping.
Rick loves flavored coffees. I ordered from Fire Dept Coffee this time around. They have a Black Cherry Bourbon Infused ground coffee that I want him to try. He loves black cherry anything. Should be here on Tuesday....snow permitting, that is. I hope he likes it. For me? A bag of decaf. *sigh* If he likes that, I want him to try a Vanilla Bean Bourbon infused coffee next. I like to find new flavors for him to try.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester That is so nice of your sister :clap:.. but that is what sisters are for!!
Oh, BTW, the Maple Syrup, aged in the rum barrels, was from Whole Foods. It was so expensive, for a tiny bottle.. It is really good.. a teaspoon or 2 in a large mug of coffee, really gives it a nice flavor. They did have a couple other flavors, but, I forget what they were. I picked it up on a splurge, as in the milk chocolate covered almonds... Only something to get once a year...

Our forecast is all over the place, also. Started out with 5-9 inches~~ seems to be a 'magic' number with the forecasters..
Now it is around 3-5, along the coast... most likely 3.7, according to Alexa...
Supposed to start by 1pm, or earlier..

Yesterday, I did not do everything.. I kind of 'winged' it..
I dry swiffered the kitchen, bathroom, shook out litter mat, Vacuumed that. Then I Wet Swiffered the floors, twice.. I like doing it twice.
Put the emergency radio, and lantern away. Put Geoffreys sticky furniture tape away. My sofa and recliner are covered with sticky tape... unbelievable.. Geoffrey is not a happy camper about it!!
I also cleaned out a Brita Pitcher and replaced the filter.
I did a few more things, but I forget what they were!! OMG>.

He reminds me of Muffin. He was very vocal about the tape. Yelling at me, telling me off, because HE could not use the furniture as scratchers!!

Geoffrey is really a scamp.. OMG.. I have come to realize why his last owner named him: GoofBALL..... He is really a goof, sometimes.
I can imagine how he was when he was younger...

I caught him, on the back of the sofa---almost wanting to scratch it.. I said NO, LIE Down... He did, but you could see the 'fire' in his eyes!!

Geoffrey then proceeded to pull his ears back, and chase his tail, while on the back of the sofa!! He mad me laugh.. but then, I thought, Why at his age is he doing this?? I caught him one time going in circles on the cat tree shelf, chasing his tail!!
No rippling skin.. just craziness.

He had been crying/asking for a good play session. I did play with him 3 times, but that was not enough for yesterday.. He had the imp in him! And I had to play, 'Chase" with him last night... He kept getting into mischief, all day...

Geoffrey did vomit up a ton of undigested food, last night; while I was watching TV. UGH.. I could not believe a stomach could hold that much food.. for a little being..

Today:
*Geoffrey woke me up..
*Played with him,
*Watched Morning TV Mass
* on line..
* now to do regular morning stuff..
* need to seriously descale humidifiers today.
* write out a bill and mail it...
One more thing to do, but I have to go searching through paperwork for that..

Gotta get off my butt....

Status
Not open for further replies.