Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww...so sweet!!

Regular stuff, my tea tasted extra good this morning. I've been using 3 bags instead of 2. It had been tasting
weak lately and I looked at the bags and they weren't even half full. I drink Tetley British Blend in the morning
and one cup in the afternoon. If it's cold I'll sip some herbals to keep warm. I'd like to buy some loose tea but
the tea shop at the mall has closed so I'll have to buy it from Miss Molly's Tea Room. I love it there. Victorian
decor, bone china tea cups, great food. A "ladies" place.

Have my new glassed adjusted or choose a new pair.

My gingers and little gray tabby haven't been here yet. I've named baby ginge Christopher James.
To be honest, I found that most of the American teas have weak flavor. I have switched to British Teas, found at the local grocery store.
I really like PJ Tips, England and Barrys tea, Ireland (gold label, in red box).

They seem to have a much bolder flavor, and I only use one bag.
From what I understand, these are the regular staples in Britain. Nothing fancy or exotic with them. I feel like I am drinking real tea when I brew them. For me, they are much better than even Tazo tea, which is a really good brand, but much more expensive.

I grew up with Salada tea; switching to Tetley later. Then I went to Tazo. When I had to switch off coffee, I wanted a stronger brewing tea bag; so, I took an chance on PG tips. I had to switch to Barrys, because of Covid and a shortage in shipment.

You may want to try these brands.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Try to find Cooper's new human and thank him/her for taking Cooper in
2. Do some work around the house
3. Order some "housing" for my Wyze cams that I have outside so they don't get ruined by rain. Of course the way things always go for me I won't find a thing :(

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular Stuff tea tasted good with 3 tea bags. I may buy Twinings English Breakfast next time for a treat.

Feeling rough from the trip to have my new glasses readjusted. The dew points will not be out of the 70s
here today, so uncomfortable and dangerous. Please be careful if any of you are planning on being outside.
Drink lots of water, gatorade, or powerade.

Someone posted pic of Chrissie on Facebook yesterday and asked if belonged to anyone. Kaylee wrote back and
said someone she knows has been feeling him. Did didn't come yesterday or today yet. I miss him. the big guy came,
I named him Conrad.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Call oral surgeon to set up appointment for tooth
2. Pick up refill of antibiotics
3. Do the Friday shopping thing/Deal with an upset Treasure when I get home like every Friday
4. Get my rear in gear and catch up on my writing course

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Molli and I lounged til 8, then dragged our beds out of bed.
  • The grape tomatoes aren't quite dry yet; they've been in the dehydrator since 6:00 last night, but it's so blasted humid that it's taking way longer. Still a bit sticky. When they're dry enough, I'm making tomato powder today.
  • A quick vacuum about the house.
We finally got some rain last night. It was so hot (low 90s yesterday) and so damned humid that it really had no choice. A bad t-storm came over the mountain and ripped through. Fortunately, all we lost were some branches. The shed deck is full of them as is the whole area around the shed and yard. I'll have to get out there and clean things up. Wind was terrible. And the power went out twice, but fortunately came back on quickly both times. I was out in the shed when the storm first started brewing up and, after a couple bad bolts of lightning, I high-tailed my butt into the house.

Mia6 Mia6 I hope Chrissie does have a good home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Awakened to the remnants of Laura coming through the neighborhood. Love to hear the rain. :hearthrob: It could rain like this for 2-3 days and we'd be fine. It's not a downpour, just a good soaking rain.

After I was done with the tomato powder yesterday, Rick steam-cleaned the kitchen floor. It really needed it!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Will scoop in a bit.
  • Clean in the shed today. I had some gardening magazines out as well as a few books and need to get them put away. A vacuuming wouldn't hurt.
  • I started watching Blindspot the other night....it's OK. I'll continue with it tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls and Molli and I lounged this morning until 7:00. It's a beautiful, coolish morning. I'll take it. We will only have a couple cooler days before the heat starts building back up again.
  • Must strip the bed and throw everything in the washer. I have two loads of laundry.
  • Will scoop in a bit, after I finish my coffee.
  • Rick will bowl this afternoon. While he's gone, I want to vacuum and do a quick swiffer.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mix up potting soil for the Rhodophiala, a summer dormant bulb that will soon be hurling into bloom. Here's what they look like.
BelleWood in Bloom_2019-09_Rhodophiala bifida.jpg
Clean and pack up the extras, then tomorrow, mail to a bulb group I belong to for their exchange.

Empty kitchen compost bucket, scrub, put outside in sun to air.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Chrissie does have a good home.
He's been coming every day and eating an entire can of wet food. He likes the chicken in greens, hee, hee!! Yesterday he let me pat him while he was eating and also let me give him 3 more when he was leaving. Yesterday I think he was waiting for me because there was dry food out but he kept looking in the slider. He is soooo darling

Regular stuff Cal had a huge poop, she's been trying to cough up a hairball but this one passed. She must've been constipated because it was 3 large poops and 3 smaller ones, ha!!!

Write a list for Kaylee, have her wash my hair.

Another beautiful day. Nicole and Larry gave me their umbrella since mine was destroyed during Friday's storms, I like
it better than my old one. It's navy blue with light blue and French blue stripes. Looks good with the red chair.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work
Try to print out items about new school year that I couldn't at home
Try not to get myself fired when I see a co-worker who pretended to be me last week. :mad:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I've been giving the girls hairball treats. Tabby is really sleek, as is Amber; they don't have a lot of problems with hairballs. But Mollipop is very fuzzy, not really fluffy, but fuzzy. And Muffin is all fuzz, too. I brushed Muffin out the other day. She always acts like I'm killing her, until suddenly, she says, "Oh! That feels soooo good, Mom!" and just drops. Then she'd flop for hours if I'd brush her that long. But she still has hairball issues. Sometimes I could make a kitten with all the fur I get out of her.

Another cool morning here. A few showers and sprinkles tonight....supposedly, but I won't hold my breath.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and enjoyed my coffee. Somebody will scoop the boxes in a bit.
  • We're taking Rick's mom's Kindle back to her today. The nursing home is back in total lockdown; nobody allowed in at all. Rick will call them to give a time when we'll be there and somebody will come out, pick up the Kindle, and go back in. We can't see her. The other nursing home in that county is under the same administration and COVID got so bad that they had to bring in the National Guard to take over. It's run rampant through the home, hitting both patients and stuff and a local hospital had to take over the administration. So far, there have been 26 deaths at the home. And since there were people going from one nursing home to the other and back again, they locked the other nursing home down, too. Fortunately, that home has shown no positive cases, but it will still be locked down until further notice.
  • Do a quick vacuum about the house.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stripped bed and got the sheets in the washer. Finish my coffee and get going.

Yesterday I repotted 16 pots of Rhodophiala. It's a bulb from Chile that loves living in Texas. Here in New Jersey it winters in my greenhouse. Stays there for the summer, watered maybe once every 3 weeks or so, just a sprinkle. Repotted, they briefly go outdoors. At this time of year as soon as they get rained on they will erupt into bloom in a matter of days. Leaves come after flowering. From the 16 pots I kept 12, with one or two of the largest bulbs per pot. That gave me 26 small and 7 medium size bulbs to donate. Took me an hour and a half yesterday evening to clean them up. The roots (they have permanent roots) for each individual bulb are carefully wrapped in a piece of paper towel closed with scotch tape, bulbs then place in a paper lunch bag, labeled. Now to pack in box, address, trundle off to post office and mail.

Himself is splitting a cart of firewood. I need to get back in time to help stack in wood storage area.

Bake muffins this afternoon, plum this time.

Bye for now.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I nearly finished the patio I've been working on in the last week. I had to go to the store *again* to get more sand because I ran out *again*. If my hands will allow me because of all of the bricks I've been lifting today, I hope to do some crocheting later.

View attachment 349320
That is beautiful!!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We're taking Rick's mom's Kindle back to her today. The nursing home is back in total lockdown; nobody allowed in at all. Rick will call them to give a time when we'll be there and somebody will come out, pick up the Kindle, and go back in. We can't see her. The other nursing home in that county is under the same administration and COVID got so bad that they had to bring in the National Guard to take over. It's run rampant through the home, hitting both patients and stuff and a local hospital had to take over the administration. So far, there have been 26 deaths at the home. And since there were people going from one nursing home to the other and back again, they locked the other nursing home down, too. Fortunately, that home has shown no positive cases, but it will still be locked down until further notice.
Wowza, that's horrible, Pam. COVID19 is one nasty piece of work.

Regular stuff, Cal has been passing hairballs, so gross, I just hold my nose when cleaning box. She is happier
after she poops, so cute.

Supposed to have storms that should've started around 3:00am but all we're getting is a few sprinkles. My yard
is partly brown, so unlike Ohio.

I have some amazing tomatoes! I've been putting them on sammies and just eating them with kosher salt.
I ate half of a huge one chopped up with salt and a dab of olive oil, sooo good, but oink, oink

Busy day for Kaylee, lots of errands.

Status
Not open for further replies.