Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
This morning, for the first time in several weeks, I only have two plates of tomatoes ripening in the kitchen and no peppers. I did a good four quarts of tomato puree yesterday. It's amazing to me how many tomatoes it takes just for that little bit of puree. I had a whole kitchen-ful of tomatoes yesterday! Even little ones. I cooked them down a bit, ran everything through the food processor, and then strained them. That puree is silky smooth. It's just gorgeous. Rick tried a spoonful and he says it's very tomato-y. *grin* I hope so! I made him tomato soup yesterday and he said it was really good, but, again, more tomato-y than Campbells. Well, geez!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Will scoop in a bit.
  • One small load of laundry
  • Vacuum and a quick swiffer, nothing major
  • My Penzey order should be here today. If it gets here, I'll put everything into their jars. I may make a batch of Rustic Rub. I got the recipe from Emeril Lagasse years ago when he was on the Food Network, changed it around to suit me, and we use it often. I think I have a teaspoon left. And I know our son needs some, too. I only have a few grinds of pepper left in my grinder and no other peppercorns at all.
I started watching Top of the Lake on Hulu. It's OK, but nothing exciting.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Us moms always worry about our babies.💖

regular stuff

trying to do something with my hair, still too thick. I blow dried it yesterday and then applied Rewind 12.
I turned my head upside down and applied hairspray, yikes!! Then I got a call from Cousin It wanting his
hair back. I'll shuffle a few things around and try to get it cut again because it really does look scandalous.

only one load of laundry today. want to find some home grown tomatoes.

read on the deck. very cool this morning, lovely.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Walk up to mechanic and explain why my car is there and can he look at it.
2. Call dentist. The tooth is still in lots of pain and I went all night without sleep
3. Try and catch up on my writing course in spite of Mom, the cats and the excruciating pain
4. Earn $20 today on Qmee (if possible)

I mean is it normal to feel pain again when starting an antibiotic?

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf Are you on antibiotics to get the infection before having the tooth removed or was the tooth already removed? I hope you feel better.

Lounged until 8:00 this morning. Another coolish night and I won't complain.
  • Enjoyed my coffee while having a political conversation with Dear Richard. And a lot of laughing. Received some political memes from a co-worker and laughed some more. He does find some good ones.
  • For the first time in forever, we actually went to WM this morning. I bought five tee shirts and looked for quart freezing containers, but couldn't find any. Came back home, went to Amazon, and they should be here on Monday. I'm really running low on containers and apple season will be here in a couple more months.
  • Doing two small loads of laundry with one being a load of cat stuff.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

A skunk squirted, wowza, what a stench! I lit a 3 wick candle, sprayed a disinfectant, Gain scented Febreeze and
shut windows but now it's hot in here although it's only about 55..I guess the ground is still so hot it's going to take
awhile for 55 to feel cold. It does feel good outside now, chilly but nice.

Will wash more darks, had a large load yesterday, long-sleeved T shirts, jackets, warm sweats. Kaylee will fold laundry,
mop floors vacuum, etc.

Cal napped with me yesterday, sweet girl. Then she snuggled against me from about 9:30pm till I got up.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We have skunks loitering in the front yard. Every once in a while, they'll spray and....ew. Even the cats don't like skunk spray.

Seems quite a bit more humid this morning. I have half a headache and may go back to bed for a while. I made a vinegar/wine sauce to go with our chicken last night; usually white wine doesn't give me a headache. I've pretty much given up on red wine, but white wine seemed to be OK.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Hoping the caffeine helps the headache. Somebody will scoop today.
  • A vacuum this afternoon
And honestly, I think that will be it.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
MoonstoneWolf MoonstoneWolf Are you on antibiotics to get the infection before having the tooth removed or was the tooth already removed? I hope you feel better.

Lounged until 8:00 this morning. Another coolish night and I won't complain.
  • Enjoyed my coffee while having a political conversation with Dear Richard. And a lot of laughing. Received some political memes from a co-worker and laughed some more. He does find some good ones.
  • For the first time in forever, we actually went to WM this morning. I bought five tee shirts and looked for quart freezing containers, but couldn't find any. Came back home, went to Amazon, and they should be here on Monday. I'm really running low on containers and apple season will be here in a couple more months.
  • Doing two small loads of laundry with one being a load of cat stuff.
Yes I have an infected tooth that I"m taking antibiotics for before the tooth comes out. And my medical history I have to be very careful of what I take because I'll be honest, my reflux is so bad that its 100 times worse then this tooth ache. I had an episode the other night just from baby aspirin. And that's taking with or without food. All because some quack doctor experimented some migraine meds on me back in the 80s (I had no idea the meds weren't even approved), so now I have to suffer. Imagine screeching in pain an agony that is worse than the worst tooth ache every time you swallow food. Hence my fear of trying new meds. I have a mother and cats to care for.

1. Do the usual Friday thing
2. Check on my car and see if it's running (mechanic said car so old things are rusting out)
3. More surveys to get at least $22 for these cats and a haircut
4. Catch up on my writing course. All in 4 hours time too. Ugh

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a busy day:
Right Aid
Walgreens
Haircut!
Whole Foods
Beauty supply place for shampoo and conditioner
Dunks for Iced Coffee
home--put things away
Wash and Dried Winter jackets
Crashed

Today:
Regular Morning Stuff
Nothing else planned... well, that may change depending on how I feel.
I do need to wipe down bathroom, and dust furniture

Was up several times during the night, due to leg cramps... sigh...debating on going for a brief walk, or sitingt outside for a bit---IF I can find some shade. Hard to find, living along the beach.

It is going to be much hotter today. The higher heat and humidity arrives tomorrow, for several days.. Hopefully rain on Sunday. We are in a drought.

I have the windows open right now. Will be shutting them soon.

Geoffrey was so sweet yesterday. I left him alone for a good portion of the day. Suddenly, while I was eating supper, he came over to me, and just wailed! Loud meows!! I stopped eating, asked him what was wrong, went looking around for vomit, or something. Nothing was amiss... expect for the bedspread. It was a messed up. Poor thing; he was hiding under the bedspread while I was out.

Geoffrey came over to me, to reprimand me for leaving him! He was so loving the rest of the day... sweet boy..
He tried to lie down with me, on the recliner... not a lap cat.. did not feel comfortable next to my legs.
I went to lie down on the sofa. Of course, he came over to me~~ spent the night cuddled right next to and onto of my ankles, lower legs!! He continued to do that while I was in bed. I think that is why I had cramps...

He missed me! He loves me! Who said cats do not show love??????

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I
1) went to Walmart and bought items on my list for that store
2) went to Shoprite and bought the other items on my list for that other store
3) went to the farm and feed store to get a dozen eggs
and then home. After lunch, in the afternoon I
4) mowed the back and both side lawns.
5) came in for a glass of solar tea. With ice. Then back outside and
6) mowed the front lawn.
This evening I - drum roll please
7) ordered a Nesco Garden Master 1018A 8-tray dehydrator from Target! Why Target? Because everywhere else from Amazon on is saying out-of-stock while Target says I'll have it on September 1. So if anyone (looking at you, Winchester Winchester ) have any suggestions, recommendations, recipes, or ideas I'd love to have them.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Garden Master 1018A 8-tray dehydrator
On the low end of challenges, I think?; Fruit leather :)

There was a blunt reminder that grooming was overdue in the form of a nice gushy hairball :thumbsup:

So! Cleaned that up
Proceeded to grooming
Am now sitting outside watching over a napping cat as long as the wildfire smoke stays away, which looks to be changing as I'm typing this so we'll be moving back inside.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clean bathroom
Strip and remake beds
Wash bedding and towels

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls. Molli and I got up at 8:00 this morning. Headache is pretty much gone, thankfully. Another warm and sticky day.
  • Must do peppers and tomatoes. I chop the peppers first and get them on a cookie sheet to freeze. Then I start on tomatoes. Til the tomatoes are all pureed and cooling down, the peppers are ready to go into their FoodSaver bags and go into the freezer. I'm completely out of freezer containers (I'm getting more on Monday....Amazon), so I'm using pint canning jars for this batch. I don't know what else to do; I don't think the tomatoes will wait until Monday. I told Rick we'll just have to be careful with the jars in the freezer. With apple season coming on in two or three months, I'm going to need containers, although I've frozen applesauce in freezer bags. I don't want to freeze tomatoes that way. (I swear that, next spring, I'm going to hit the stores and buy what I need to freeze: plenty of freezer containers, canning jar lids, etc. Every time I've gone to the grocery store, they're out of everything.)
  • Need to scoop boxes in a bit.
  • If it cools down at all tonight, we may have a campfire. We haven't had one at all this summer; it's been rather warm and sticky. Rick suggested making mountain pies, but he'll have to run to the store for bread and some canned pie filling. I don't think he'll want to do that.

Attachments

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Try and see if the cats are ok. 48 hours since Sopdet last seen. 24 hours since Treasure. Coyotes in area :(
2. Try and earn some money so I can either get some cat food if they return or put for dental
3. Donate all the cat items if they don't return

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rick got up with the girls. Molli and I got up at 8:00 this morning. Headache is pretty much gone, thankfully. Another warm and sticky day.
  • Must do peppers and tomatoes. I chop the peppers first and get them on a cookie sheet to freeze. Then I start on tomatoes. Til the tomatoes are all pureed and cooling down, the peppers are ready to go into their FoodSaver bags and go into the freezer. I'm completely out of freezer containers (I'm getting more on Monday....Amazon), so I'm using pint canning jars for this batch. I don't know what else to do; I don't think the tomatoes will wait until Monday. I told Rick we'll just have to be careful with the jars in the freezer. With apple season coming on in two or three months, I'm going to need containers, although I've frozen applesauce in freezer bags. I don't want to freeze tomatoes that way. (I swear that, next spring, I'm going to hit the stores and buy what I need to freeze: plenty of freezer containers, canning jar lids, etc. Every time I've gone to the grocery store, they're out of everything.)
  • Need to scoop boxes in a bit.
  • If it cools down at all tonight, we may have a campfire. We haven't had one at all this summer; it's been rather warm and sticky. Rick suggested making mountain pies, but he'll have to run to the store for bread and some canned pie filling. I don't think he'll want to do that.
If you get to the point where you can't find canning jar lids,remember this online company...Uline.They sell both the Ball lids,which I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for,and the "plain janes",and I ordered mine yesterday.I'm low on them and they're so hard to find.Prices are very reasonable,their site is customer friendly...there is shipping,which isn't too bad really.When you need them....they're due to be delivered Tuesday.And why I don't care for the Ball lids...many many people are having major fails with them sealing.Turns out they changed something with the glue that holds the rubber ring inside the flat and they don't seal.I've had that happen myself...not fun!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey was so sweet yesterday. I left him alone for a good portion of the day. Suddenly, while I was eating supper, he came over to me, and just wailed! Loud meows!! I stopped eating, asked him what was wrong, went looking around for vomit, or something. Nothing was amiss... expect for the bedspread. It was a messed up. Poor thing; he was hiding under the bedspread while I was out.
What a love!! Hiding while mama was gone......awwwww

Regular stuff

Fed big ginger and baby ginger. Little tabby's family is gone for the weekend so he must be inside.

It's warm and humid now, dew point very high. We're supposed to have storms later on..we'll see.
We could use a few good soakings . It thundered and lightening for about 10 minutes, then we
got a small amount of rain that lasted about 15 minutes. Will wash a load of pillow cases with Dreft.
Probably read and may watch a movie. I have the remake of Footloose and it's almost as good as
the first one which is rare.I'm watched be before and really enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.