Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Thanks for the update on the canning lids! I didn't know that and Ball is pretty much all I use. I'll check out Uline. I did put the puree into pint canning jars and just screwed the lids and rings on because I was putting them in the freezer. I don't can anything with tomatoes. I'm getting 12 quart freezer containers tomorrow from Amazon. I checked online and Amazon had them cheaper than WalMart or Target online.

This morning, there are no tomatoes in the kitchen! No peppers either. Got another five pints of puree for the freezer yesterday. It's really cloudy, muggy, and warm already. Bleah The local weatherweenies are calling for showers today. Gosh, I hope so.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Must scoop boxes.
  • The first of two loads of laundry is in the dryer; when Dear Richard gets up, he'll strip the bed down and I'll put the sheets in the washer.
  • We have to take the Tucson to the garage this afternoon for an oil change and some maintenance tomorrow.
  • Work on a Trader Joe's list. I have $125.00 in TJ gift cards that I have yet to use and, honestly, they're burning a hole. I'm leery because of Covid, but I'm out of olive oil completely and I really like TJ olive oil the best, so I haven't bought any at the grocery store. The county where TJ's is located is actually doing better with Covid cases than our own county and Rick wants to give it a shot. I'm pretty much a coward when it comes to Covid and, other than groceries once a month or so, I don't leave the house, if I don't have to. I buy a lot online.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Thanks for the update on the canning lids! I didn't know that and Ball is pretty much all I use. I'll check out Uline. I did put the puree into pint canning jars and just screwed the lids and rings on because I was putting them in the freezer. I don't can anything with tomatoes. I'm getting 12 quart freezer containers tomorrow from Amazon. I checked online and Amazon had them cheaper than WalMart or Target online.

This morning, there are no tomatoes in the kitchen! No peppers either. Got another five pints of puree for the freezer yesterday. It's really cloudy, muggy, and warm already. Bleah The local weatherweenies are calling for showers today. Gosh, I hope so.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Must scoop boxes.
  • The first of two loads of laundry is in the dryer; when Dear Richard gets up, he'll strip the bed down and I'll put the sheets in the washer.
  • We have to take the Tucson to the garage this afternoon for an oil change and some maintenance tomorrow.
  • Work on a Trader Joe's list. I have $125.00 in TJ gift cards that I have yet to use and, honestly, they're burning a hole. I'm leery because of Covid, but I'm out of olive oil completely and I really like TJ olive oil the best, so I haven't bought any at the grocery store. The county where TJ's is located is actually doing better with Covid cases than our own county and Rick wants to give it a shot. I'm pretty much a coward when it comes to Covid and, other than groceries once a month or so, I don't leave the house, if I don't have to. I buy a lot online.
I would not worry about TJ's, being safe. I go there about every 2 weeks. Around here, we have early senior hours. TJ's is from 9-10am. They are very strict about who they let in. I have seen them deny younger people access, telling them to return at 10 am. All workers are wearing masks.

Customers form a line, with 6 feet distancing between us; waiting for the store to open. There are 2 workers outside. They wipe down the carriages as soon as they are picked up from the parking lot, and before you touch them. They let you know which ones are clean.

They also have the wipes at the entrance. They count the amount of people inside the store, as they come in. There is a limit.

There is one aisle, for a check out line. They have marked the floor, as to where to stand. The line for the register is the end of the aisle. As you move up in line, and are the next one to check out, They call you to a register. There is a box on the floor where you wait for checkout--The cashier takes you wagon. When they are almost through bagging, you are allowed up to the register, to pay..

Very safe... They wipe down the counters after each order.
~~~~
TJ's EVOO is awesome. If you have not tried it, do yourself a favor, by picking up a bottle of their Balsamic Vinegar, with the Gold Label.. so good. The only Balsalmic vinegar I use.

Around here, I am known as the TJ's girl... Almost all my things are from TJ's.. I really love that store..
~~~~~~
Today, lazy, as usual.. No, Sundays are usually lazy..

Read newspapers, ads
Regular morning things in between watching a Zoom Church Mass...
Computer time.. on and off.
Geoffrey time... on and off...

Probably take a mini walk around the building. It is hot and humid.

We are having a chance of rain, each afternoon until Wednesday. Then it will be decreased humidity and a beautiful day... after that, We have storms the rest of the week.

We really need rain. We are in a drought.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom Thanks for the advice with TJ's. I feel better about going. I need olive oil. We love their cheeses. And their BBQ sauces; I hope the Bourbon sauce is still there! I'll stock up on nuts. And the chocolate bark. I'll check out the balsamic vinegar. We'll take the ice chest for some cold items, too. They used to have a corn and black bean salsa that was really good. I like their vodka sauce. TJ's is about 60 miles away, so we'll make a nice morning out of it. Thanks again!

We're really hurting for rain, too. We were supposed to get showers yesterday....not a drop. I watered the hosta around the shed last night. Our pool level keeps dropping, but we're leery of using water to keep topping it off. Meanwhile it's another muggy, muggy morning.
  • Rick got up with the girls; Molli and I snoozed until 8:00. Must scoop boxes.
  • The garage called about my car (Tucson). Oil change, new filters, new rear brakes. Oy! They'll call me when it's done.
  • Still working on a TJ's list. I need to hit the Fearless Flyer today.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, etc.

Last edited:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Try to convince my youngest that he WILL be getting a haircut this week before school begins.He is under the mindset of he'll wait until he gets into trouble with his ROTC Sgt before getting the haircut. That isn't happening.

If it's not too hot, maybe try to dig up a fir tree in our front yard that is pretty much dead.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I weeded. I weed whipped. I pruned back some plants. Was planning to do more of the same today. But I just cannot get my act in gear.

I'll go strip the bed and start the laundry - it is, after all, Monday. But perhaps I'll stay indoors, clean the refrigerator (boy, does it need it!) and bake cranberry walnut cornmeal muffins.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I weeded. I weed whipped. I pruned back some plants. Was planning to do more of the same today. But I just cannot get my act in gear.

I'll go strip the bed and start the laundry - it is, after all, Monday. But perhaps I'll stay indoors, clean the refrigerator (boy, does it need it!) and bake cranberry walnut cornmeal muffins.
You are the second person I've heard call it this in as many days. First one was a guy from Minnesota. I have always called it "weed whack". ie- I weed whacked along the sidewalk and bushes.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Work

Make out September's meal plan

Make out this week's grocery list

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular stuff

lots of laundry today

Kaylee will do that, mop floors, clean bathroom ad make lunch.

I have a crew of gingers coming to eat. There is a young one who is awfully sweet Cal and gray tabby
let him eat. He's been peeking his sweet face in the slider every morning. I will not pat him anymore
because he growls very loudly and runs. He is feral and it will take a long time for him to trust me.
It took Lily-Butch 4 years!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 The word has gotten out that there's food to be had. When we first started feeding Bootser, she ran to wherever and told her sister about the food at our house. "C'mon, follow me!" And then Whisper showed up with Bootser. And then they stayed for 20 years. :redheartpump:

We went to Trader Joe's yesterday. Stocked up on olive oil, the rice mixes that we love, plenty of almonds and pecans to tuck into the freezer for winter baking, and several kinds of cheese. artiemom artiemom I couldn't find the gold label balsamic vinegar, so I'm trying the red label with the gold foil around the top. Oh and I also bought a large chocolate bar that is "for holiday baking". HA! Even Rick didn't believe that; he knows that bar will be gone in no time. He bought some snacks and that was our trip. I spent $100 of the gift cards, so still have $25 for next time. We can't buy anything frozen; even with an ice chest, things would be thawed til we got home. Still it was a nice time, just nice to get out. And you were right artiemom artiemom about the way they handle the carts and the people. It was good.

It's cooler this morning and less humid, for a nice change. However, we are to be back into the low 90s tomorrow with high 80s for several days after that. I have to say (and I never thought I'd say this) that I'm ready for fall temperatures. Really tired of dealing with these temperatures and the ridiculous humidity that brings absolutely no rain at all.
  • Molli and I lounged until 8:00, then got up. I'm drinking my coffee now.
  • Must do one small load of laundry
  • Check the tomatoes in the kitchen; I may be able to let them go until tomorrow.
  • We must go to Rick's sister's to pick up their mom's Kindle. I'll disinfect, put more books on it and drop it off back at the nursing home for Evelyn to start reading again. The home is quarantined again, so no visitation is allowed, not even outside.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , for future TJ outings - what if you get some dry ice? Check to see where it is for sale near you. I've never bought any, just have received frozen gifts delivered, packed with dry ice. Apparently it costs about a dollar a pound and is not as exotic to find as I had thought.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first started feeding Bootser, she ran to wherever and told her sister about the food at our house. "C'mon, follow me!" And then Whisper showed up with Bootser. And then they stayed for 20 years. :redheartpump:
Awwwww...so sweet!!

Regular stuff, my tea tasted extra good this morning. I've been using 3 bags instead of 2. It had been tasting
weak lately and I looked at the bags and they weren't even half full. I drink Tetley British Blend in the morning
and one cup in the afternoon. If it's cold I'll sip some herbals to keep warm. I'd like to buy some loose tea but
the tea shop at the mall has closed so I'll have to buy it from Miss Molly's Tea Room. I love it there. Victorian
decor, bone china tea cups, great food. A "ladies" place.

Have my new glassed adjusted or choose a new pair.

My gingers and little gray tabby haven't been here yet. I've named baby ginge Christopher James.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
C catapault Nice coolers! I told Rick about them, but he hasn't looked at them yet. Thanks!
Mia6 Mia6 You named him! Now he's yours! You can call him CJ for short.

Rick vacuumed and shampooed the sofa yesterday. That thing is old as the hills, but no new sofa is in our future, although we may check out slipcovers. We can't see buying new furniture until such time as there are no cats to ruin them. I think he's going to do the rocker-recliner today.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Will scoop in a bit.
  • Tomatoes and peppers today. I think I will stew the tomatoes and put the grapes into the dehydrator this time around. Lord, we do need rain.
  • Clean the kitchen; it desperately needs a good cleaning.
  • Water the houseplants in the shed

Status
Not open for further replies.