Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 We like Breyers ice cream. Just need to scrutinize the carton to be sure you are buying Ice Cream and NOT Dairy Dessert. Right now for dessert at dinner time I'm having one of their vanilla ice creams (there are like three different vanilla options) with a little maple syrup poured on it. I also really like vanilla with the strawberry coulis I made. Their chocolate is very good, as is the mint chocolate chip.
I'll have to try Breyers, they make a gelato under the name Talenti and it's very good. I like the sea salt caramel and pistachio.
Yum, pizza sounds good!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Finish cleaning basement
2. Sort through the bags and boxes I accumulated doing #1
3. Clean the cat area and their stuff so when the time comes they can or want to return (if ever :( ) everything will be ready

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's just pouring here!
Rick gave the girls breakfast and emptied the dishwasher; I lounged until 9:00 or so.
  • Made a double batch of peanut butter cookie dough. After it's done chilling for an hour or so, I'll bake cookies. Rick has been wanting peanut butter cookies for a while.
  • My day to scoop the boxes
  • Outlander tonight
And likely that will be it. It's a good day to do nothing.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Morning routine, boxes, tea, gathering throws to wash when Caylee gets here. Payday can't come soon enough. I've had to spend so much money on disinfecting products, paper towels, hand sanitizers. I think I may use plastic bottles filled with 1/2 Clorox and 1/2 H2O and sanitize that way but not on wood. Covid19 is a fragile virus and doesn't need much bleach to kill it. Must be careful to not get it on my hands as they're a mess right now from the hand sanitizers. I want a manicure sooo badly and a cut and color. I need some yoga pants that fit me as mine are falling off. Is anyone else's appetite off? I've been applying make-up so I don't look like a total wreck, ha!! Cal's been going out in the morning for her walkabout, then comes back in and crashes. She's sleeping and making those darling cooing sounds, like an angel.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 The silver/white is out about two inches in my hair. I'm seriously considering letting it grow out at this point. I need a manicure, too, and am thinking about doing my hands and nails tonight. I haven't polished my nails in a long time.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher. Rick's turn to scoop.
  • Put the first of three loads of laundry in the washer. When Rick gets up, he'll strip the bed and I'll wash the sheets while I'm at it.
  • Make a small bowl of potato salad and a batch of crock pot beans.
  • Vacuum, swiffer, wipe kitchen and bathroom
  • Water the plants

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6
I’ve read once you mix bleach and water it’s only good for 24-48 hours before it loses disinfecting properties.
Didn't know that but I would disinfect daily.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I have 2 boxes of color, just haven't done it yet but I won't let it grow out as I don't want
to cause people to become frightened.It takes 2 when my hair is this long. I have actual rollers in
my hair now!! That's the only way it's manageable at this length. Ryan's wife gave me a very pretty
bottle of mauve nail polish and Nicole gave me a nice pale pink, so I may use one of those soon.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm having more problems with the back of my head than with the front. The front and the top are a pretty mix of grey, silver, and white with mostly white. The back just looks blah! Rick keeps saying, "Let it go, dear. It will be OK." It's different with a guy. A guy looks distinguished. A woman just looks old! Rick laughs, but I'm not really all that amused.

It's going to be a beautiful day. The sun is shining and it looks gorgeous.
  • Rick took care of the girls and will scoop. I stayed in bed for a while this morning. Finishing up my coffee.
  • Housework in the shed bc I didn't get it done yesterday
  • Do some weeding and pick up branches in the yard.
I want to get some pictures of my baby cactus. It's in full bloom and it looks gorgeous! I am so relieved; I really didn't think it was going to do well in the shed. The big cactus has a couple buds and one full flower, too. Strange time of year for them to be blooming; I think that moving them from work to the shed last year really set them back.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester So, have you decided about your hair? Do a home color or let it go? I'll color mine soon, can't take it anymore. I agree about men looking great with grey and white hair.

• All the usual morning stuff, boxes, tea, etc. Supposed to rain all day but be in the high 60s, so yucky and humid. Will probably have to run the a.c. Found a book I had bought some years ago and started reading it again. It's a scary one so I know I'll like it. My new vacuum will be here by next week I think. The old one died but I had it for about 12 years so it lasted awhile. Cal went out for her morning walk-about. She didn't scratch at the slider so I looked out and she was sitting on the base for the patio umbrella, sweet girl..still wonder if she's waiting for the darling Vincie girl. :rbheart:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm going to let it go, at least for now. They're talking about opening up beauty and nail salons on May 8 in parts of PA, but I'm not ready to go there; IMO, it's a disaster waiting to happen. If I decide I really can't take it anymore, I'll grab some store color and do it myself. But seriously, if anything, I think my hair has gotten a bit healthier without root coloring every month. I may wake up one morning and say, "Aaacccckkk! That's it!" and off I go to the salon or the store. But I had begun to really hate spending that much money and sitting in a chair for that long a time, even before this all happened. OTOH, that was money that I spent on myself and I don't really spend a lot of money or time on me. Rick's all for letting it grow out. We'll see how it goes.

What kind of vacuum did you get, Mia6 Mia6 ?

Rain this morning, followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. Thursday we are to get soaked again with over one inch of rain coming our way.
  • My turn to take care of breakfast and empty the dishwasher. I took some shrimp from the freezer to thaw in the fridge.
  • I have a pan of applesauce brownies in the oven
  • My turn to scoop today
  • May do a bit of weeding

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Go through 2 bags of stuff. Pitch or put away
2. Take care of the Mom issue if that's possible
3. Try and find a better arrangement for the cats if they ever return.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's supposed to rain this afternoon. And tomorrow is supposed to be another stock-the-ark deluge. So I spent the morning outdoors. What did I do?

1) Cleaned nigella seed and planted a pinch here and a pinch there, 8 pinches altogether. Rather big pinches, actually.
2) Raked another huge tarp's worth of leaves off the path to the Forest Deck, got it down the driveway and dumped in the compost heap.
3) Pest control is supposed to come tomorrow to treat the perimeter of the house, check for wasp nests, treat around the tool shed. So I raked leaves away from where they had blown back against tool shed since the last time I raked there. These just got dumped downhill.
Noticed that A) There's some water in the middle water barrel and B) I think the woodchuck has moved under shed from that end, since I evicted him from the other end by throwing used kitty litter under there. So I
4) Emptied and cleaned the middle water barrel. Then
5) Hauled straight ladder out of garage and cleaned about 2/3 of gutter that feeds into the rain barrels.

After lunch I went outside to take pictures of what's new in bloom. Since it's going to rain - that's the forecast and that's what it looks like

6) I hauled three large pots out of the garage - one with purple oxalis that been growing sans watering and only incidental light, a Mirabilis longiflora that I raised from seed about 9,000 years ago, and a pot of Mirabilis 'Limelight' that has 3 little green nubbins announcing that it is time, it is time, we want to grow.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Early morning routine. I've been up since midnight because the sprogs across the street are not disciplined and their parents let them carry on with high pitched screaming. I have been unable to rest in the afternoons because of this and I'm done. I then fall asleep early and get up too early. I paid bills with my stimulus money and I'm now caught up! Bought a deck umbrella and a new vacuum.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Today is our 49th wedding anniversary. No cards or anything bc of doing the sheltering thing. And that's OK.
The wind is roaring around the house and it's been raining like crazy. We're due for a good soaking today into tonight. Thankfully, the weekend looks pretty nice, so we may celebrate our anniversary on Saturday by grilling outside. Rick's birthday is May 4fh, so we'll celebrate both our anniversary and his birthday at the same time.

Rick got up with the girls this morning, but they were so bratty that I couldn't sleep in, so I got up, too. I needed coffee more than sleep.

And well, I don't have three things today. I plan on doing absolutely nothing. With the wind and rain, it's not fit for woman or cat outside. It's dark and dreary. It's a good day for the shed, some tv, or some reading. And maybe even a nap.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Look for this multi dimensional portal in my basement that my micro SD card disappeared into (3 weeks? Come on.)
2. Fight UPS on why they sent a package coming to St Louis MO to Humble Texas
3. Try and ascertain why bad things always happen to me.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is our 49th wedding anniversary. No cards or anything bc of doing the sheltering thing. And that's OK.
The wind is roaring around the house and it's been raining like crazy. We're due for a good soaking today into tonight. Thankfully, the weekend looks pretty nice, so we may celebrate our anniversary on Saturday by grilling outside. Rick's birthday is May 4fh, so we'll celebrate both our anniversary and his birthday at the same time.

Rick got up with the girls this morning, but they were so bratty that I couldn't sleep in, so I got up, too. I needed coffee more than sleep.

And well, I don't have three things today. I plan on doing absolutely nothing. With the wind and rain, it's not fit for woman or cat outside. It's dark and dreary. It's a good day for the shed, some tv, or some reading. And maybe even a nap.
Happy Anniversary you two!Have a blessed day!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Have you considered earplugs?
Yes. I have several different kinds but they are not strong enough. Someone suggested
that I should try Home Depot.

Winchester Winchester HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!🍾🥂:clap::itslove::dance::banana2::banana1:

Regular morning routine, boxes, tea. Cal is outside for a walk-about but it's raining a bit so she keeps
coming back in and the wants back out, silly girl. Kaylee washed a large amount of throws at the laundromat
yesterday so I can begin to put some away for the warm months. Don't need much from the store, Coke, bread,
Woolite for darks, tea bags, smoked turkey breast for sammies. Pain levels were so high yesterday from the
weather. Cal snuggled up with her back on my feet and it was quiet which helped. I put my quilt and blanket in
the washer just now because I spilled ice cream on them, hee, hee 🍓🍦

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.