Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester You were hit by a vehicle by walking?
C catapault It'll be ok. Wear a mask, put gloves on, then rub hand sanitizer on the gloves like you would your hands.
  • Boxes, tea, will be a laundry day. Caylee will go to the store, fold laundry, mop floors. he lock on my slider broke and my landlords were here 3 times and it's still not fixed. You can get a new one from the manufacturer but they're trying to do it the cheapest way possible, as usual. The slider was installed in May of 2018 and it was new. The lock shouldn't have broken that fast but it's a cheap door, ha! Oh, well.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Yes, I was on my way home and an old man was driving opposite me. I tried to get out of the way, so all he got was my right arm. Thankfully, I only ended up with a hematoma from his car window. He did stop. At first he tried to say that the sun was in his eyes; the problem is that he was driving east and the sun was setting in the west. When I told him that, he tried to say that I was over the white line. Wrong again. I had seen him coming and til he hit me, I was actually in the field! Nice try, though. The police came and charged him and he had to pay for the doctor visit. A couple days later, I was walking in the neighborhood at work. Two old ladies were pulling out their driveway. I saw them and stopped. The driver never even looked my way. She pulled right out and there I was. When I knocked on her window, I scared the crap out of her. "PAY ATTENTION!" I yelled. She pulled back into her driveway and screeched that I scared her to death. "GOOD! PAY ATTENTION!" Anyway, I don't think I've walked along our road since the old man hit me. I was lucky. Elderly drivers scare the hell out of me.

Mia6 Mia6 Do you have another way to keep that slider door from being opened? A broom handle? Something? That's not very safe.

Rick got up with the girls this morning because he had a FaceTime appt with a medical adviser from the company who has his Medicare supplement. It was basically a phone/FaceTime type of appt. She wanted to know how he was doing, how he was handling the COVID-19 sheltering, etc. She asked about his overall health, all that good stuff. The call lasted about 30 minutes. While he was doing that, I was walking and got almost 2 miles in.
  • Vacuum and swiffer, wipe down the kitchen and bath room.
  • While Rick gets his walk in outside, I'll get my walk in inside. If it all works out OK, I should get more than my 10,000 steps.
  • I may do a load of laundry.
That's pretty much it. I'm not doing much today. It's windy and chilly.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Get my bank account straightened out (Again ugh)
2. Continue looking for that SD card
3. Find the cats'hiding spots so I can join them. All this construction here is so noisy I'm getting a headache

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, I have my stick from the old slider but it's too long. One can easily get in so I'll call them today, I've been uncomfortable having my morning bath without the lock so I keep my tee-ball bat in the bathroom. Remember my question of the day, "Do you think you could shoot someone if they were threatening your life?" I've changed my mind on that to a definite yes but since I don't own a gun I would have to use the tee-ball bat, ha!

Glad you weren't injured badly when you were hit; that had to have been scary.

Boxes, tea, write a list for Caylee. Going to rain today with strong winds, bringing our 50 degrees down to 20 by tonight, groan.
Started some blankets and throws, bathrooms need cleaned. May read or watch movies.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you're going to call somebody; I wouldn't like being able to not lock the door, Mia6 Mia6 . We're getting that storm, too, sometime this afternoon. Possibly with some hail. They say it could get ugly.
  • My turn to get up with the girls, so I gave them breakfast, emptied the dishwasher, and threw a load of laundry in the washer. Sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Three loads of laundry this morning (I don't know how two people can generate so much dirty laundry!)
  • Making 3 loaves of honey oatmeal bread today (but using maple syrup as I'm out of honey).
And that may be it. Still watching cheesy TV in the shed.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you're going to call somebody;
I called Ron a few minutes and he was so rude. He said, "I said I would call you." I then told
him that the stick is too long and he said rudely,"You'll have to give me more time."
I get a renter's assistance voucher from the Federal Gov and they did the inspection last week.
I wish it would've been this week.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I called Ron a few minutes and he was so rude. He said, "I said I would call you." I then told
him that the stick is too long and he said rudely,"You'll have to give me more time."
I get a renter's assistance voucher from the Federal Gov and they did the inspection last week.
I wish it would've been this week.
Can you call your Codes office? You have the right to feel safe in your own home! That would, no doubt, really upset Ron, but you need to get it fixed. More time? For what?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Can you call your Codes office? You have the right to feel safe in your own home! That would, no doubt, really upset Ron, but you need to get it fixed. More time? For what?
No, I won't do that because as you said it would upset Ron. I am thinking he may have a lot to do because this is the time of
year when the inspections are done. They are very strict as they should be. He has other properties that have inspections so
maybe he has to to some fix-ups.

• Boxes, had to do the downstairs one twice as right after I cleaned it Miss Thing made a fresh poop, wowza it smelled so bad, ha!! Going to wash sheets today and a new blanket I got which Cal loves. I washed it yesterday but she was on it all day and night so it needs it. Will try to read a bit, pain levels high because of the weather fluctuations but I can manage.:thumbsup:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I got up at 5:00 a.m., left home 30 minutes later to go to the seniors hour at the Walmart superstore in Flemington NJ. Had looked on-line the evening before, list in hand, as there is an app that let's you see - you have to enter item by item - what is in stock, has limited availability, or is out of stock, and what aisle it is in. Found 14 of the 24 items I thought were available - laundry pods, 2 of the 3 ingredients to make my own detergent, dishwasher pods, chocolate, very nice baking potatoes, onions, bananas, a finger of fresh ginger (at last!) etc.

Came home. Checked what was supposedly available in the smaller Walmart in the opposite direction, in Clinton NJ. Himself drove me there. Found seven in stock and one limited supply items that the other store did not have.

Saw something interesting. NJ mandates everyone 2 years old or older must wear a mask to enter the store. At the second store a woman started to enter with a toddler in the cart's seat. An employee posted in the "lobby" told her the child had to wear a mask. Fortunately she had one with her. This store had one-way traffic flow marked on the floor - Do Not Enter at one end of aisle, Enter Here at the other end, plus directional arrows. Not that everyone was paying attention.

Had dealt with first store's purchases before leaving for second store. Came home the second time. Dealt with items from second store. Empty bag of Hershy's kisses into plastic container, snap on lid, discard bag. Wipe down ice cream carton with bleachy washcloth and put in freezer. Put other "can wait" items in shallow cardboard box in garage to sit for a few days. Life is so complicated right now.

Yesterday I also did a load of laundry, baked a half batch of chocolate chip cookies (9 large cookies), made dinner. And when I went to bed after being up for 17 hours I quickly went to sleep and slept very well.

Right now I am just sitting. Will see what today brings. I would like to mow the lawn - I mean weeds - in front.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Look for the 2nd SD card I just lost
2. Deal with Crazy Woman here. Nothing works with her. Nothing
3. Try and figure out why I mess things up all the time

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick took care of the girls this morning. I slept in until 9:00 or so.
The Keurig order came this morning. Rick picked it up from the front stoop, took it to the basement for a couple of days, then washed his hands. I'll go down on Friday, wipe the box down, then open it, wipe the individual boxes down and then bring them up to the kitchen for storage. We won't run out of coffee for a while. Rick likes his sweet coffee because he likes iced coffee. I like my coffee hot and black. We got some Nutty Caramel for Dear Richard and some Half and Half Caff and Timothy's Italian Roast for me.
  • We had French toast for breakfast this morning. Yum
  • I scooped the boxes
  • Vacuum and wipe kitchen and bathroom
And that's pretty much it.

I talked to one of my co-workers who is furloughed from his job. He said he went grocery shopping on Monday. He had three full carts and dropped $500. My jaw hit the floor! But that will keep him home until the end of May, he hopes. It took him all day to do his shopping, come back home, wipe down what he brought into the house before he brought it into his house, put things in his garage for a couple of days, wipe his bags, etc. Then he threw his clothes into the hamper and took a shower. You do what you gotta do.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes, tea, normal morning routine. My Cal wanted out as soon as we got downstairs, it's in the high 30s and rainy. She was out for an hour and I got worried. I almost turned on the motion lights but didn't. I stood on the deck, whispering, "Callie, callie girl!". She still didn't come so I got back online and a few minutes later I heard her sweet feet scratching the slider. She came in, got on her blankets and crashed. Wherever she was wore her out, sweet girl. Calylee reorganized my kitchen while I was resting yesterday. I came back downstairs and said, "Wowza!" I had to move my tea cup, morning meds, and tea canister to where they are accessible but everything else was great.
Winchester Winchester Wowza, 3 carts and $500 bucks! That's a days work right there.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tired this morning. I had a restless night and was up and down, awake and asleep, etc. I can't stop yawning.
Rick has to go into work today to take stamps to the local president for election mailings. He can't go in, so he'll meet the guy in the parking lot with his mask on, which is fine with me. I'd just as soon he not go at all. He's going to take the Tucson and get gas while he's out.
The wind is horrid around here. Yesterday when I went out to the shed, all I saw were branches upon branches. About the time I get them all picked up, the wind starts to roar again.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, put the roast in the crock pot for a crock pot pot roast for supper tonight. Rick's turn to scoop.
  • Wipe down the kitchen and bathroom (I pretty much vacuum every other day and wipe every day since I'm home)
  • Do a load of kitty stuff

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I unloaded the dishwasher, vacuumined the dining room carpet, and gave Himself a haircut with the Wahl clippers that arrived. Not bad at all. Still didn't get a tip.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought paint yesterday, so today I found some primer in my basement, painted a layer on my bedroom walls, then painted my walls with the turquoise I picked out. I am so sore now. I'm definitely going to have to wait to paint any more rooms until I can physically recover. My dad also stopped by to take a look around my house so he can help me fix a few things tomorrow.
Here's a picture of my bedroom after doing some touch-ups. I'll have to check again in a bit to see if there are more touch-ups I need to do before bed.
1587690258601.png

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 Pretty Paint!!

• Usual morning stuff, boxes, tea. Cal stayed out for an hour again, came in wet with muddy feet. Landlord fixed the lock. He was very apologetic, I guess he felt bad for speaking with me that way, but's all good now. Lots of clothes need folded Caylee wasn't herself yesterday. I only had 5 items on the store list but she was gone for an hour and a half. She had a headache so I gave her some Advil. She got a very large free drink from Circle K that they are giving out to carers. She told me she drank it down almost immediately. It's over a quart. I thought, hmmm..headache, thirst, hangover? Some of the flatware she washed wasn't clean. The flat little sheet, from my toaster oven, I use to cook my Stouffer's meals. There was melted cheese still on it when she put it in the dish drain. I'm going to ask her today what was up. She's been turning my heat up while I'm resting. I came down a few days ago and asked her if she had turned it up and she said no but she clearly did. She does a great job usually and is having her period so maybe that had something to do with it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 That is bright! Pretty color.
Mia6 Mia6 I hope she'll be feeling better.
C catapault I used to help Dearest Richard with his union stuff. I didn't get a tip either, although once in a while I'd buy a cookbook and tell him "thank you!".

It's a rainy, dreary day here in central PA. Turns out that it's a good day to lounge and that's exactly what we plan on doing. Rick gave the girls breakfast and he'll scoop later on.
  • All I'm really going to do today is throw a large pizza ball together for Pizza Night tonight. Two pizzas on our menu.
  • Once the dough is finished rising and I throw it in the fridge, the shed will be calling and I'll be going out to watch cheesy TV. I'm almost finished with season 4 of Highlander on Prime. Rick has been watching a variety of tv shows in the house. We don't watch the same stuff.
So those are only two things today. And that's fine with me.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I'm glad your lock has been fixed.

Very foggy morning today; we can't see the mountain across the road. You'd never even know it was there.
  • My turn to give the girls their breakfast and I emptied the dishwasher. Enjoyed my morning coffee. My turn to scoop boxes.
  • It's not supposed to rain until late tonight, but it is to remain cloudy and cool all day. I don't know if we'll get anything done outside. I may stay inside, run the vacuum, etc.
  • Vacuum and swiffer in the shed.
Nothing much going on around here, just housework-type stuff.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, Caylee was feeling better yesterday. She bought low-fat ice cream!! I said,"Caylee, this is low fat, never
ever low fat ice cream, ha!!" She laughed and took it back, called and said they only had Haagen-Dazs, I was buying Edy's because
it's cheaper than HD, but I felt I should treat myself.

• Boxes, tea, normal morning routine. Went back to sleep for a few hours. It's sunny now, not sure how warm it will get. Have to wash a few throws and pillowcases. Will try to read. Weird not seeing Nicole.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 We like Breyers ice cream. Just need to scrutinize the carton to be sure you are buying Ice Cream and NOT Dairy Dessert. Right now for dessert at dinner time I'm having one of their vanilla ice creams (there are like three different vanilla options) with a little maple syrup poured on it. I also really like vanilla with the strawberry coulis I made. Their chocolate is very good, as is the mint chocolate chip.

Today I
1) mopped the kitchen floor which really needed it
2) kneaded the slow rise pizza dough I made yesterday and put it in the refrigerator to chill. Must remember to take it out in time for tonight's dinner
3) Himself drove me around town. I photographed very pink flowering dogwoods, a weeping form of redbud, and lilacs just starting to open

Status
Not open for further replies.