Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I want / need to

1) pack up the pulled pork and chili, then try to fit everything into the freezer.
Note to self: Enter them in a Excel spread sheet, hoping it will encourage the missing hand written pages to show up

2) hook up the three rain barrels behind the tool shed.

3) Something will certainly turn up that needs doing. Always does.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, make liters of soda, and slice the loaf of bread machine bread that i made a couple days ago. i'll move the grated lemon rind and some cold cuts to the fridge to thaw. and i'll likely spend some time with my budget today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes and all that, make a list for Caylee. fill out and send documents. Going to be a windy day which will bring temps down into the 30 by tonight. Nicole (neighbor) called twice yesterday and I missed both calls, called her back and said mailbox is full. I'm going to have to explain my weird sleeping non schedule to her and how sometimes it's just too painful for me to walk over to her deck and knock on her door. She loves to talk and after being in a women's shelter for 6 months I'm sure she is lonely. She told me her life story the first day we met I got sick to my stomach after hearing the physical violence she went through and it stayed with me the whole day but she's safe now.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like Nicole has been through the wringer. I'm glad she has you to talk to, Mia6 Mia6 .

The wind is howling and the rain is beating against the house. It's downright ugly outside today. I awakened with a headache and will be going back to bed soon, I think. Rick will scoop boxes when he gets up.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Making a big batch of pasta sauce for the freezer this afternoon
  • I might bake some cookies today (or at least make the dough). Has anybody tried the recipe for the DoubleTree Signature cookies? People said the recipe is really good, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Chocolate chips and nuts (I'll omit the nuts or maybe use pecans instead of the walnuts).
I had planned on ripping through the house today, but man, I hate cleaning on a dismal, dreary day. And it is that. Tomorrow is another day, so no cleaning today.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did hook up the rain barrels yesterday. Gave the first of the three a thorough cleaning inside, which involves practically doing a head stand into it. The rim of the barrel digs into my ribs so I thought what the heck, I'll wait to do the next one. Why do I tempt fate like this? Since midnight we've had 1.36 inches of rain. Tool shed is 8 feet wide by 18 feet long. Even allowing for the pitch of the roof (gutters collect from one side, not both) I estimate that more than 60 gallons of water have gone into that first barrel, filled it up, and started overflowing into the next one.

Today I have already

1) Started a load of laundry. Note to self - try for more laundry pods, only have 9 left.
2) Unload dishwasher.
3) Do this and that and other things.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
As you can see I'm brilliant. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1. Fight with FedEx to deliver the package to me that they refuse to deliver even though I paid for item
2. Contact Wyze about the Pan Cam that brilliant me happened to break trying to insert a micro SD card
3. Clean basement again as another of my micro SD cards got lost. Ugh

Currently I'm getting nowhere. I don't like to put out money for something that is refused to deliver

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The rim of the barrel digs into my ribs so I thought what the heck, I'll wait to do the next one.
Maybe try a rubber mat over that rim, or a folded thick towel and soften the situation for your ribs :)

Fed cat his second breakfast
Update laptop operating system
Maybe find a cookie, or something, recipe

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes, smelly! Cal had a big poop right before I cleaned it, tea watched Cal do her deck routine but she didn't stay out long, very chilly. Have some throws to wash. While we were resting I could tell she wasn't comfortable, then she started with her tongue and I knew what was coming. She managed to only get it on one throw and a bit on the carpet. But she doesn't like to be near anywhere where she threw up a hair ball so I'll wash the quilt again and 3 throws for her highness. Sunny today but chilly Hope my jigsaw comes. It made a pit-stop in Columbus around 1:00am and now it's on it's way, maybe tomorrow.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This curbside pickup system is working quite well. Saturday we got two cases of beer - the dark Negra Modelo that goes so well with Mexican food and a case of Blue Moon that Himself really likes. But it is a change to do this because I used to wander into the store and choose four different 6-packs. Don't think the staff would be happy if I asked them to wander around and suggest something, I say no what else do you have, rinse and repeat. Two cases will get us well though summer.

Yesterday I called a farm stand across the Delaware River in Pennsylvania. Today I will drive there (about 20 minutes or a little longer) and get vegetables! and also semolina flour. Need to haul my pasta maker out of the upper cupboard. Ravioli in our future, I am thinking.

Himself will give me a piece of foam pipe insulation to lay over the rim of the second rain barrel and I will clean it out. Hope it works as my side is still sore from cleaning the first one. Which did not fill up completely from yesterday's deluge.

A friend is coming by this morning with a dozen eggs from her neighbor who has chickens. I have four empty egg cartons ready to pass on. Hopefully my frield will also have found laundry pods. I only have 8 left. I use four or five a week but in these covid-19 times you cannot wait. And she will bring 3 or 4 swiffer hand duster refills - amazing what is lurking in the corners.

Himself created another Excel spread sheet blank for freezer items. I will list the "made" dishes of pulled pork and chili. Do hope that encourages the missing sheets from the last freezer defrosting to turn up. St Jude must have been too busy with Easter, then recooperating from the event.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I have 4 things today:

1. Keep looking for that stupid micro sd card. Ugh Where on earth is it? I need it.
2. Get my 10,000 steps in. Probably get them in doing #1
3. Look and see what I did to the PanCam to break it.
4. Format the SD cards I do have and put them back into the cams that I want continuous playback.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Went back to bed yesterday morning, got up, made the pasta sauce, and went back to bed. Rick made spaghetti, I ate a bit and went back to bed. And stayed there for the rest of the day and night, except for getting up around 10 and puking my guts out.
Got up this morning and still have the headache, but it's not nearly as bad. I think I'm gonna survive.
  • Enjoying my coffee right now. (Rick gave the cats their breakfast, scooped the boxes, emptied the dishwasher, and is out for a walk.
  • Making those DoubleTree signature cookies today.
  • Watch a bit of tv in the shed tonight
And that will be my day.

Oh, my King Arthur order came today! Pumpernickel flour, maple flavoring (for my BIL), Dutch-processed chocolate and double dutch dark cocoa. Life will be good!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, let's see . . .
1) The truck with the asparagus didn't arrive at the farm stand this morning so I haven't gone there yet. Everything else in my order is pulled and in the cooler. Either she calls in 30 minutes and if it is there I go this afternoon, or she calls and it isn't there and I'll go tomorrow.
2) Himself is upset at how untidy my portion of the garage is (and truthfully it is extremely cluttered with pots and dormant plants and stuff.) I haven't cleaned the second rain barrel. Did make a start in the garage.
3) My friend did stop by with the dozen eggs but no swiffer duster refills.

So that's what today has been like.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the call! Today I went to my favorite farm stand across the river in Pennsylvania. I had phoned in, heard what they have, made my choices and paid by credit card.Thirteen mile drive and my order was nicely boxed and waiting outdoors under cover for me to pick up without even seeing anyone.

Of course at this time of year the selection is small and some is bought in but: I got 2 pounds of beautiful asparagus, a pound of really excellent young spinach, an eggplant (kasha varnishka with mini farfalle and eggplant, yummm!), white mushrooms (so useful in so many dishes, too early to go foraging in the woods), Smitten apples to eat out of hand and Granny Smith apples for cooking, I think clafoutti (do have cream cheese for the dough, I use the same one I use for rugulach.) AND 2 pounds of semolina flour for making pasta. Ravioli are in our future!

So today is ending on a high note, said she with a smile.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the call! Today I went to my favorite farm stand across the river in Pennsylvania. I had phoned in, heard what they have, made my choices and paid by credit card.Thirteen mile drive and my order was nicely boxed and waiting outdoors under cover for me to pick up without even seeing anyone.

Of course at this time of year the selection is small and some is bought in but: I got 2 pounds of beautiful asparagus, a pound of really excellent young spinach, an eggplant (kasha varnishka with mini farfalle and eggplant, yummm!), white mushrooms (so useful in so many dishes, too early to go foraging in the woods), Smitten apples to eat out of hand and Granny Smith apples for cooking, I think clafoutti (do have cream cheese for the dough, I use the same one I use for rugulach.) AND 2 pounds of semolina flour for making pasta. Ravioli are in our future!

So today is ending on a high note, said she with a smile.
Wow! That sounds like just a great place to shop. Definitely worth the drive.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
C catapault Yum!! You got quite a bundle of goodies!! I love homemade pasta.
Winchester Winchester Hope you continue to feel better, those horrible migraines must be awful. :hugs:

Boxes, tea. Got up at 1:30am as that pesky entrapped ulnar nerve in my right elbow decided
to act up. Upper extremity doc, I just call him my elbow doc, has told me to limit my computer
time and don't bend my elbow while online which is hard to do. I have become used to my odd
sleeping habits.

I think Nicole 2 has not told my landlord the truth. June told me I probably wouldn't see her much
because she worked 2 jobs. She has no job and the government is paying her rent and utilities.
N2 told me I wouldn't see any men around except her son because her experience has turned
her off men. Well, Monday night she had a man spend the night and Caylee told me his car was
stuffed with blankets and other things such as cleaning supplies. Don't know if he is just visiting
or what. Caylee heard him tell her he could give her a tattoo and she saw him. I said he 's probably
her son but Caylee said he is black and N2 is white. It's not my business but I don't like that she
lied to June about having 2 jobs.

Laundry today, dusting and vacuuming for Caylee.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Still have the headache, but it seems better than yesterday and definitely better than Monday. It just has to wear itself out. I did make those cookies yesterday and they are really good. They have rolled oats, lemon juice, just a wee pinch of cinnamon, chocolate chips (I used half semi-sweet and half dark chocolate chips) and chopped walnuts (I used toasted chopped pecans because I think walnuts are diseased and should be declared illegal). It's a nice, chunky cookie. I'm saving the recipe.
  • Gave the girls their breakfast, am running the dishwasher now, and am enjoying my coffee. Need to raise the shed blinds and it's my turn to scoop boxes.
  • Taking the maple flavoring and the Dutch-processed cocoa from King Arthur up to my BIL this morning. I'll text him to tell him we're coming up, and then I'll put the box on their back porch and walk away. Wearing my mask. I won't even talk to them. He and I text a lot during these times. Or we'll call each other on the phone, just to see what the other is baking.
  • My pasta extruder should be coming in today, according to Amazon. I'll wear gloves to put the box in the basement for a day or two, then clean it with wipes, take the extruder out of the mailing box, and bring it up to the kitchen. We don't have a garage to put anything in, so we have to use the basement.

Muffin says, "C'mon, Mom! Open the box!"

April2020Muffin.jpg

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Re not bending elbow while online - what if you cut a longish, narrowish piece of corrugated cardboard -or have Caylee do this - that would reach somewhat above and below elbow. Wrap it with something soft, like the body of an old T-shirt. Cut the sleeves off T-shirt first, so you can slip the sleeves up over your upper arm + cardboard, ditto lower arm + cardboard. Not as sturdy as a splint, more like a reminder.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Re not bending elbow while online - what if you cut a longish, narrowish piece of corrugated cardboard -or have Caylee do this - that would reach somewhat above and below elbow. Wrap it with something soft, like the body of an old T-shirt. Cut the sleeves off T-shirt first, so you can slip the sleeves up over your upper arm + cardboard, ditto lower arm + cardboard. Not as sturdy as a splint, more like a reminder.
Thank you, That just may work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.