Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
C catapault I could happily spend a couple days flopped in a chair in your library. I'll even bring my own thermos of coffee, just let me flop down somewhere! Having the library in the shed has allowed me to take a lot of my books out of their totes and boxes, even many of my cookbooks. It always bothered me that I had books in boxes.
K Koveshnikov Banshee was my life. I think of her every day.
Mia6 Mia6 Furballsmom Furballsmom Thanks, but it's just something that I needed to do. He's been a good friend to me and he dearly loves his boys. He told me that he doubts he'll get another cat, even though that means that Hemi will become an only "child", but it's not that he doesn't want to. It's just that the vet bills are killing him and I completely understand that because Rick and I have talked about vet bills. I'm hoping that Jasper doesn't have a difficult time. I know that he'll tell his dad when he's ready to go.
I am so sorry that you're doing with such a "helper". Yes, please talk to Jon; you should not have to deal with this. She doesn't do much of anything at all and yelling and carrying on at you can be considered emotional abuse. People like that should not be working in those positions. We dealt with a woman like that who was "taking care" (and I use that term loosely) of my mother. Mom trusted her implicitly....until she realized that the woman was stealing money and food. Still she didn't want us to report her, until we got so fed up with her that both my sister and I filed complaints. She didn't last long with Mom, but I have a feeling she's still out there somewhere, taking advantage. I'm sorry.

We have a bit of glaze on the deck but nothing serious and it didn't create school delays around here. Rick took The Beast out for her first morning pee and the sidewalk was fine. Glaze on the cars.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 3 miles, and am drinking my coffee. I'll go out to raise the shed blinds in a bit. Rick emptied the dishwasher and he'll scoop boxes when he finished with his coffee.
  • Just a quick vacuum and swiffer in the living room and kitchen.
  • Rick is bowling early tonight; I'll be watching SN at 8:00 and maybe an episode or 2 of The Dead Files.
I'm a little over halfway through Crooked River; it is excellent!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Get ideas to start my own podcast (I have a lot of interests). I could talk about my cats but of course the listeners may get tired of hearing "Sopdet came to the bowl to eat and allowed Gypsy to eat with her" haha
2. Try to get out and get a haircut. I look like Shaggy from Scooby Doo right now but weather is still threatening snow (we got a light dusting.
3. As usual, surveys and videos so I can feed the cats

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester so sorry to read about your MIL. Yes, she does sound depressed. Her body is letting her brain down. Nursing homes are evil. Even the best ones. They wear down everyone
((Hugs)))

I am so saddened to hear about Jasper. You are so kind to do something like this. I really feel for your friend. It is such a hard time.
Love seeing the picture of you and Banshee. It reminded me of me and Artie.

Mia6 Mia6 I hope you can get a new helper. She does not sound like much help— causing you to do more work and not eating nutritiously. And with a bad attitude.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll make liters of soda. i'll also put the vacuum sealed pounds of ground beef and the rolls of hot breakfast sausage in cold water in the sink (for about 55 minutes) -- to help them thaw better.

after that, i'll spend some time on some planning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're supposed to drive down to the kids to watch GS play basketball late this afternoon, followed by taking everybody out to dinner tonight. The problem is that our (pouring) rain this morning is to change over to freezing rain and then 3 inches of snow later on this afternoon. It's a 2-1/2-hour drive one way and I'll be honest. I hate driving in freezing rain and snow and I hate being a passenger in this stuff, too. We have to take the truck because the electronic system in the Tucson went crazy; we're taking the Tucson into the garage on Sunday for a Monday appt. And there's no way I'm driving Clarence in freezing rain. Rick still wants to go and take a chance that it won't be that bad. We have to drive in Harrisburg traffic and that's just idiotic at that time of day, even when it's sunny. I don't know what we're going to do for sure, but I think we'll end up driving down anyway. 2-1/2 hours of jaw-clenching. Lovely.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked two miles, and am drinking my coffee. I'm going to let the shed blinds go today as we won't be home until very late tonight. Rick is running the dishwasher now and will scoop later.
And that's it. I don't know what we'll be doing this afternoon.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
It was a day for making things:
  • A DIY shower spray (I've been making my own for years)
  • Some trash can deodorizer tabs (something new I'm trying)
  • Two small batches of cat food: turkey and pork

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Homeowner stuff. After realizing yesterday that my back yard motion light wasn’t working, I picked up some new bulbs for it this morning. Got one installed and need male muscle (and height) for the stuck one. It was calm and fairly nice out for the twenties so I ended up washing the porch windows and door glass and sweeping the floor. Found what appeared to be cat poo in the corner so I am moving the Wyze cam and setting up a motion light on the porch so I can see what is visiting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Oh Pam, I hope you decided not to go. Sounds like your forecast was the same as ours and we have a total of 5 inches on top of the snow and ice that was already there.

• Boxes
  • Still drinking my tea
  • Taking it easy today. I feel so stressless, is that even a word, ha, because helper is not coming in. I may call Jon and tell him I need a break from her and have her not come in on Monday. Yesterday, while I was eating, she was mopping the floors and wanted me to get up and move my boots and shoes away from the slider, I told her to do it. She was angry and threw them into the hallway. She was upset about the weather. It was bad but why did she even come in? Our streets were plowed and nicely salted. When she got here I had 3 items on a list for the store and had her pick up a quart of chili from Bob Evans. When she got back she had plenty of time to mop the floors, do the dishes and fold laundry. When she left, she had the mop bucket and mop sitting in the hallway and the throw rugs laid over the chair in the living room. She hadn't shaken the rugs out which I didn't know and when I placed the biggest on the floor all the stuff that a throw rug collects, went all over the floor. I asked her if she was going to her next client and she yells. "I AM GOING HOME!! I SHOULDN'T HAVE COME IN!!" Damn straight she shouldn't have. She is a miserable person and makes those around her just as miserable. So sorry for always venting to you guys. I hope you all have a good weekend!! :wave2: :sorry::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Homeowner stuff. After realizing yesterday that my back yard motion light wasn’t working, I picked up some new bulbs for it this morning. Got one installed and need male muscle (and height) for the stuck one. It was calm and fairly nice out for the twenties so I ended up washing the porch windows and door glass and sweeping the floor. Found what appeared to be cat poo in the corner so I am moving the Wyze cam and setting up a motion light on the porch so I can see what is visiting.
Wowza, Susan, you must day or night visitor!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We ended up making an emergency run to the vet last night with The Beast. We're not sure what's wrong; the vet isn't sure what's wrong. I kept telling Rick that I thought she wasn't acting quite right; she's been, I don't know, ruminating? now for the last few days. It almost sounds like she's eating, but she's not. Rick pooh-poohed me. But then yesterday, she vomited everything that's been inside her for the last couple of days. We gave the kids a bit of lunch before going down to the basketball game; when we got home last night, she had thrown that up, too. I gave her a little water; she vomited that. She seemed like she was in pain; she wouldn't lay down, she would just stand around. Vet gave her an anti-nausea shot as well as something for pain; she didn't see anything that would cause concern and said she might have an upset stomach, perhaps from something she may have eaten outside. If she's not any better today, vet will run a blood panel, do x-rays, etc. She was going to do that last night, but Rick said to let it go; if it's just a tummy thing, he was hoping she'd feel better this morning.

But she's not. She's lying in her bed and won't drink water. I'm simmering some brown rice and chicken for her; she is not to eat anything before noon because vet wants to see if she can keep a wee bit (1/2 cup) of water down, every few hours. She wouldn't drink water this morning. I think we'll be taking her back down to the vet today. She's 14, so it could be anything. We're going to watch her.
  • Breakfast for the girls, simmering some brown rice with a few chunks of chicken breast for the Beast, sitting back here with my coffee. Rick and I are both pooped; he went to the couch with a bad headache and I may go back to bed myself.
  • We're supposed to go to my sister and BIL's tonight for a big family dinner: turkey and all the trimmings. I need to bake a Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake with whipped peanut butter frosting as my contribution to dessert. I don't know if we're going to make it, depends on how The Beast is doing. We were all supposed to go to the town Ice Festival this afternoon; we're not going until we see how The Beast does.
We did go to our grandson's basketball game yesterday. K Koveshnikov Mia6 Mia6 Thanks for thinking of us. It has to be really, really bad before Rick won't go. Me, I'm a wuss. But we went down. We ran into some pretty bad snow squalls on the way down, but fortunately things had calmed down by the time we came home. We were to go out to dinner with the kids last night, but I wanted to get home as it's a long drive and I had really hesitated to leave The Beast as it was. We didn't have much in the way of snow here at home, so we lucked out. Mia6 Mia6 Other places in PA got as much as 5-6 inches; we still had bare ground at the house. Thankfully.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, I hope it's nothing serious with the Beast, poor baby. Is she going potty? Could she be constipated?
Please let us know how she's doing.Give her kisses from Cal and me.💋💋 :hugs: and I'll be praying for her and sending :vibes::vibes:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 and artiemom artiemom . Last time I had her out, she did poop and it was normal. I always really watch her to see if she poops, how much she poops, and what it looks like. Rick told the vet that the neighbors probably think I'm nuts. The vet did express her anal glands, but they were OK. We don't know what to think. I'm more concerned about her kidneys and bladder. Thanks.

The vet did say that she saw nothing untoward at all. Her heart is good, really good, considering she's 14 years old. She doesn't even have a heart murmur or anything. Her bladder was not full last night, so she did pee when Rick had her outside. She is pretty much deaf and she has cataracts. But like I said, the vet says she's in pretty good shape. I think we'll end up taking her back down for the tests. The chicken and rice is done and I'm cooling it down. She is not to have anything until noon today.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 and artiemom artiemom . Last time I had her out, she did poop and it was normal. I always really watch her to see if she poops, how much she poops, and what it looks like. Rick told the vet that the neighbors probably think I'm nuts. The vet did express her anal glands, but they were OK. We don't know what to think. I'm more concerned about her kidneys and bladder. Thanks.

The vet did say that she saw nothing untoward at all. Her heart is good, really good, considering she's 14 years old. She doesn't even have a heart murmur or anything. Her bladder was not full last night, so she did pee when Rick had her outside. She is pretty much deaf and she has cataracts. But like I said, the vet says she's in pretty good shape. I think we'll end up taking her back down for the tests. The chicken and rice is done and I'm cooling it down. She is not to have anything until noon today.
I bet it's just a little virus or UTI. Still praying for her. :vibes: :hugs:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I bet it's just a little virus or UTI. Still praying for her. :vibes: :hugs:
Well, she's eaten now for the second time. The chicken and rice is really bland and she's not amused, but she did eat. She's drinking water (1/2 cup every hour). And keeping everything down thus far. She hasn't vomited at all today. But honestly, she looks like she really tied a good one on last night; she's really slow outside and she's simply exhausted. For the first time since she's come to live with us, the tail is not flying. We have to keep her another anti-nausea pill tonight before we go to bed. She has four pills, one for the next four nights.

I started crying this morning when she ate. We were in the kitchen and she tried the chicken and spit it out on the floor. I waited a while to see what she would do. When I leaned down to pick the piece of chicken up, she reached over and ate it, just so I wouldn't take it away. Then she ate what was in her dish. And that's when I lost it. Little brat.

Thanks, Mia6 Mia6

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I leaned down to pick the piece of chicken up, she reached over and ate it, just so I wouldn't take it away. Then she ate what was in her dish
My Poppycat, and others, will do this at times (where they initially refuse something but then if we pet them, touch the food, move the plate, sit with them then they eat). I think (as does Dean) in large part to please us. In addition when we're close or our hand is close by, it helps them when they're struggling.

Dean was out front doing a little snow maintenance of the driveway/sidewalks in gorgeous sunshiny weather, so I let Poppycat out front and we all enjoyed it immensely.

unloaded the dishwasher, picked up around the house and wiped down some surfaces

Cleaned the covers we placed over the arms of the still-new recliners.

Status
Not open for further replies.