Name Three Things - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MonaLyssa33 MonaLyssa33 Do you have a style of home you'd like?
I don't have a style I like. I can't really be picky with my price range. I'm going to go to some open houses on Saturday though, just to see what I like. There is this one house in St. Paul that I love (based only on pictures) because it has a former butcher shop on the property and is now just a giant shed. It would be an awesome crafting space for me. It's currently active contingent, so it's possible for me to still get it since I have no contingencies.

For what I did today, I went to work and scanned in hundreds of books by hand because our book sorting machine hasn't gotten up and running yet. I came home and watched more episodes of the Great British Bake-Off and I'll be reading before I go to bed in a few minutes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to have to take a walk in the back to see if mine are out. It looks like the witch hazel will be blooming soon.
Wowza, would be so nice to have that in my own back yard!! AbbysMom AbbysMom Sounds like you have a nice wooded area as well.
susanm9006 susanm9006 Glad you were able to find the Diet Caffeine-Free Dr. Pepper. Your bathroom is stunning. I can just imagine
how wonderful it would be to have nice warm bath there, with candles it, and music playing. Winchester Winchester Sounds like sweet Amber
just likes to squawk like my Vincie girl did, ha!

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Washed a load of clothing, had 2 cups of tea and going to have more because I can't get warm. This is Daniel's last night. He's leaving early tomorrow morning. :bawling: Won't see him again till December unless I would go there.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a style I like. I can't really be picky with my price range. I'm going to go to some open houses on Saturday though, just to see what I like. There is this one house in St. Paul that I love (based only on pictures) because it has a former butcher shop on the property and is now just a giant shed. It would be an awesome crafting space for me. It's currently active contingent, so it's possible for me to still get it since I have no contingencies.

For what I did today, I went to work and scanned in hundreds of books by hand because our book sorting machine hasn't gotten up and running yet. I came home and watched more episodes of the Great British Bake-Off and I'll be reading before I go to bed in a few minutes.
I hope you can get a house you really love. would be great to have a space for your crafting!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 That's gorgeous! I love your TP niche! And that shower is so nice!
Good job! Glad you found your soda, too.
C catapault Lovely flower!

Would you believe we actually have dandelion coming up in our yard? Already? Yikes!
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 3 miles, threw the second of two loads of laundry in the washer, went out to the shed to raise the blinds, and am drinking my morning coffee (I don't know why I always say "morning" coffee because it's my only coffee of the day).
  • Must grab a few groceries, mainly cat food, laundry detergent, and whatever Rick wants for Super Bowl Sunday. Our main grocery trip will be next week sometime. Still trying for groceries every other week, not doing well.
  • Vacuum and swiffer in the house. Water the plants in the shed.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) Drove Himself to the rehab place for the second of his twice weekly exercise session.
2) Left him there and went shopping for odds and ends / bits and pieces such as produce, vitamin D3, bread, etc
3) Returned to rehab center with good timing (he'd just finished making next week's appointments). Whereupon we drove across the street to China Moon and bought takeout. Somehow not as good as we remember. Because it's a Friday? I do not know. Not bad, mind you, just not as tasty as anticipated.
4) And before we left this morning I watered plants in the greenhouse.

So there, not bad, and the day's not over yet.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
— Made a batch of chicken food for the furry endless sucking vortexes (aka the felines)
— Made a batch of juice for the tiny feathered endless sucking vortexes (aka the hummers)
— Attended a staff meeting of the volunteers who plan, write, and produce our community newsletter...and became an endless sucking vortex myself because they had my favorite ginger molasses cookies! :)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Going to do some laundry but not till later. Need to play catch-up on sleep. Daniel is leaving this morning but may be back again before he starts working again in April. I hope so, he's so much fun, wish he lived closer. Cal is sleeping beside me making those sweet cooing sounds I love, darling girl.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not much going in my neck of the woods today and I'm not planning on anything. That means no laundry, no vacuuming, no swiffering, no cleaning.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, put both Fitbits in their chargers, and am drinking my morning coffee. I'll scoop the boxes and raise the blinds in the shed. I'm sure the plants need water this morning; I had checked them last week and the soil was still fairly moist.
  • I should be able to finish Old Bones this afternoon. I've been reading a bunch of other books and let it go. I like to read it when I'm in the shed and I haven't been there that much this week. Rick has, but I haven't.
  • We may visit with Rick's mom tonight, since the Super Bowl is tomorrow night

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
So you have hummers all year long?
I was wondering that too!
Yes! I was so surprised when I moved to Oregon to discover that Anna’s hummingbirds stay year round. In the winter, they enter torpor at night to conserve energy, come out of it at dawn, and go looking for food. Hardy little cuties!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll make a loaf of bread machine bread, make liters of soda, and wash containers and lids (to use for the sloppy joes i'll be making soon). i'll also move the roll of ground beef to the sink, and soak it in cold water for a short while -- to help it along in it's thawing.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I spent Saturday morning going through old pictures that were taken with my Sony Mavica digital camera taken many years ago. Lots of pictures of our cats from back then, which also meant lots of tears. But it was worth it, seeing them again, talking about their antics with Rick. The RugCats were really neat cats. This picture was taken back around 2002 or so; it's Banshee (the feline love of my life) and me. I had fallen asleep on the couch, the Queen B jumped up, rolled on her back and that was that. We were out of it, sleeping soundly. Rick took the picture.

From the time we brought her home as a wee kitten, Banshee and I were always together. When I spent the day with my parents, I packed a bag for her and she went with me. She and Ebony (my parents' black cocker spaniel) would chase each other around the house. When things got quiet, we'd find them on the bed, cuddled up together. When we went to Rick's family reunions, Banshee came along. She and I would walk all over the place; she loved her leash because it meant that she could go "byes". In fact, if I asked her, "Banshee, want to go byes?" she'd meet me at the front door. Rick and I visited a store that had a Santa to take pictures of Santa with kids, pets, etc. We were walking through the store with The Queen B in my arms, wrapped in her blankie. There were birds in the store; Banshee heard a bird chirp and she popped her head out of the blanket. A woman saw her and said, "My lord, it's a cat!" She went everywhere. She's been gone ten years. I still think of that girl every day. Every single day.

MyQueenBTwo.jpg

Anyway, today on my list:
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, walked 2 miles, and am drinking my morning coffee. Rick threw the bed sheets in the washer. I need to scoop and then raise the blinds in the shed. I also need to make the dough for our Super Bowl stromboli tonight. And some onion dip to enjoy with veggies and crackers.
  • We got the cabinet from the basement into the shed yesterday. This is the extra cabinet from when we did our bathroom over. Rick is working on the top of the cabinet now. It doesn't really match anything in the shed, but I can't see buying a cabinet when this one is perfectly usable. I'm going to use it to store paper towels, cleaning supplies, water, k-cups, etc. We have a Keurig in the basement; I just have to get it out, do a good cleaning and then take it out to the shed.
  • I'm not sure what I'm going to do tonight. Rick will be watching the SB in the shed, so I'll probably hang out in bed with the girls, reading and watching a bit of tv. We have a fire stick on the tv in the bedroom, so maybe I can check out Prime.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Oh Pam, I'm crying from reading about you and darling Banshee.That is how I feel
about my Vincie girl. We were simpatico.:rbheart:I can only imagine how cute she looked in the pet store.:hugs:

• Boxes, twice now
  • Tea
  • Washed some bedding, went back to sleep for awhile. cleaned Callie's private areas again and did a trim. Had brunch. Going to have a hot bath and watch a movie.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
  1. Made my two-week supply of granola.
  2. Spent time growling and cursing at my most recent Medicare statement. :mad2:
  3. Beat my head against the wall. (Never mind; that's part of 2!)
    Brushed the kitties and let their purring soothe me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.