Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Deciding what I'm wearing for my appt. Washed some throws that Cal had slept on before I bathed and trimmed her private area. They're all clean and smelling very good. I use Gain Fireworks on throws only because it makes me itch when used on clothing. I have a Lyft driver today. I told Mona, the woman in charge of arranging rides for the insured who are eligible, about the dreadful ride I had back in December.The driver pulled over on 77 in Cleveland lunch hour traffic to ask me if I would mind if he went back to Cleveland Clinic to pick someone else up.I had already waited an hour and a half for him to pick me up afterwards.I told him yes I would mind. I should've told Mona sooner than last week when I called to arrange a ride for today. I've chosen what I'm wearing, now all I have to do is get dressed, style my hair which needs a cut badly, and apply make-up. Nicole gave me a little sized eye shadow that is charcoal and grey and I'm anxious to try it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck today Mia6 Mia6 :hugs:
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 2 miles, and am drinking my coffee. I'll need to raise the blinds in the shed. Rick will scoop in a bit.
  • Vacuum and a bit of a swiffer in the house
  • This afternoon, we are to get close to 50 F; Rick and I will be working outside. He'll be cleaning out the leaves from the outside basement way and I'll be walking around the yard, picking up branches from windstorms that we had. About the time, we get it all cleaned up, we'll get more wind, which means more leaves in the basement way and more branches on the ground.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was above 70 degrees yesterday, today it's 23 and snowy lol

I got a ton of things done over the weekend. Today, I need to mix in some more cans of wet food from the pantry supply to The Cat Cabinet in the kitchen

Latch hooking

Make a Costco list for when we go on Wednesday

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spent Saturday morning going through old pictures that were taken with my Sony Mavica digital camera taken many years ago. Lots of pictures of our cats from back then, which also meant lots of tears. But it was worth it, seeing them again, talking about their antics with Rick. The RugCats were really neat cats. This picture was taken back around 2002 or so; it's Banshee (the feline love of my life) and me. I had fallen asleep on the couch, the Queen B jumped up, rolled on her back and that was that. We were out of it, sleeping soundly. Rick took the picture.

From the time we brought her home as a wee kitten, Banshee and I were always together. When I spent the day with my parents, I packed a bag for her and she went with me. She and Ebony (my parents' black cocker spaniel) would chase each other around the house. When things got quiet, we'd find them on the bed, cuddled up together. When we went to Rick's family reunions, Banshee came along. She and I would walk all over the place; she loved her leash because it meant that she could go "byes". In fact, if I asked her, "Banshee, want to go byes?" she'd meet me at the front door. Rick and I visited a store that had a Santa to take pictures of Santa with kids, pets, etc. We were walking through the store with The Queen B in my arms, wrapped in her blankie. There were birds in the store; Banshee heard a bird chirp and she popped her head out of the blanket. A woman saw her and said, "My lord, it's a cat!" She went everywhere. She's been gone ten years. I still think of that girl every day. Every single day.

View attachment 320634
Anyway, today on my list:
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, walked 2 miles, and am drinking my morning coffee. Rick threw the bed sheets in the washer. I need to scoop and then raise the blinds in the shed. I also need to make the dough for our Super Bowl stromboli tonight. And some onion dip to enjoy with veggies and crackers.
  • We got the cabinet from the basement into the shed yesterday. This is the extra cabinet from when we did our bathroom over. Rick is working on the top of the cabinet now. It doesn't really match anything in the shed, but I can't see buying a cabinet when this one is perfectly usable. I'm going to use it to store paper towels, cleaning supplies, water, k-cups, etc. We have a Keurig in the basement; I just have to get it out, do a good cleaning and then take it out to the shed.
  • I'm not sure what I'm going to do tonight. Rick will be watching the SB in the shed, so I'll probably hang out in bed with the girls, reading and watching a bit of tv. We have a fire stick on the tv in the bedroom, so maybe I can check out Prime.
What a sweet picture. I don't know why more of you guys don't post pictures of your cats. If I had a camera I would post them all the time.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to jury duty for most of the day, then afterward my dad and I went to look at a few houses that I am interested in buying. I found one that I really liked and I hope to put an offer on it. There are 14 other offers on it though, so it doesn't sound like I'll get it, but why not try, right? What's hilarious is that I know that my 5th-grade teacher lives in the same area, so I double-checked and she lives literally just across the street from that house.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday was just gorgeous. We hit a high of 62F (in February!), the sun was shining, and just a beautiful day. We took advantage. Rick worked outside, moving dirt and soil, cleaning the leaves out of the basement way, and doing some leaf-raking in the yard. I was outside, too, picking up sticks and branches all over the yard. About the time we get everything cleaned up, we get another windstorm and we're back to square one. It's been like that all winter. Lots of wind this season.

Today is another 50-60F day, but with showers throughout. And then the temperature will drop again with rain/snow showers for the rest of the week. We were thankful to be retired and able to take advantage of yesterday. It was lovely.
  • Breakfast for the girls, walked 2 miles and am drinking my coffee. I'll need to raise the shed blinds in a while. Oh, and that reminds me.....remember I said I was worried about bringing that shoot of umbrella tree home from work? Maintenance had done a severe trimming of the tree, I brought a trimming home, and planted it. And it wasn't doing well. There's a 2-3 inch sprout coming up in the planter, next to the tree! I was so excited when I saw it yesterday, I did a Happy Dance! It just made my day. That means that all of my plants made it through the transition from office to shed. :cloud9: The African violets are still blooming like crazy and the flowers are the largest I've ever seen on these plants. They're beautiful.
  • We're visiting with Rick's mom this afternoon
  • Crooked River, the new Pendergast novel should be here today! :hyper: (And life is good)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Snow outside, but hardly enough to shovel, so I'm inside.

Put a baffle in the aquarium filter

Did a water change for my fishy buddies

Wondering what the heck is up with The Cat. He's gone to his safe place twice this morning (where he goes when he's trying to avoid being taken to the vet, which is several months away). Makes me think we're have earth tremors or something!?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. I had jury duty again today (my first time ever). I haven't been chosen for a trial, but I have been drawn for two selection panels so far. Maybe tomorrow I'll get assigned to one.
2. My friend works downtown so she met me for lunch.
3. I paid off my credit card with some of my tax refund. I've been trying to pay that off for over a year because I had to use it to pay for an expensive vet bill. I'm going to hide the card now.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
  1. I volunteer for a regional office of The Nature Conservancy, and we had a meeting this afternoon to continue our planning for the annual spring hike series TNC does in collaboration with the local BLM office.
  2. Hung around this morning instead of going off to exercise because we had our every-three-weeks cleaners, and I won’t leave the cats when the cleaners are here. They both have cats, but I always worry that the girls will panic (they’re scared of visitors) and dart out of the door. I read while the cleaners are working.
  3. Met someone my vet recommended to buy a stinging nettle tincture to try out for Lily's allergies.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck today Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 Mia6 :hugs:
[/QUOTE]

Winchester Winchester Thanks, Pam, Trip went well. Both Lyft drivers were very nice and polite. Their vehicles wer not very comfortable but I didn't care because it was sunny and in the high 50s! I am more sore today than yesterday, always hits me on the second day after a trip and the temps dropped by 30 degrees yesterday with a bit of snow.

• Boxes so smelly, ha!!
  • Tea, lots
  • Washed some hats, scarves, and gloves this morning and they are now drying. Sherry will pick up meds today and also get a few things I didn't have on the list yesterday. She'll make bacon and eggs and Mrs. Schubert's frozen yeast rolls, so good! I have a few containers of HD strawberry ice cream in the freezer. I need food items that I can put together myself with little prep. She's getting me another big salad from Bob Evans. I have several types of cheese that I can eat with the yeast rolls with grapes, and pineapple, and apples. There are also cans of Campbell Tomato soup, yum and always, Crunchmaster crackers

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another overcast morning. Thinking about what I could / should / want to do today. So far I've showered and washed my hair, which is so much easier now that it was cut to a classic bob. Fed the cats (Domino is curled up in my lap as I type), cleaned up where he vomited - he thoughtfully did so on the tiled kitchen floor.

Today being Wednesday I will go to the knitting group at the local cafe. I'm bringing a jar of sour cherry berry red wine jelly as a thank you to a woman who is planning to move and brings bags of the most wonderful yarn to give away. Like I need more yarn. Not. But remember SABLE - stash acquisition beyond life expectancy

Finish making the fourth DIY feed corn heat pack and pack up to mail to my son.

Pack up containers of spaghetti sauce (I made a vat full which is chilled in the refrigerator - always better a day or so after making, ditto for chili, stew, and such), label and place in freezer. Except what we'll have for dinner tonight.

Last night we had the leftover barbecue from Sunday. I had the brisket cut up and reheated in the baked beans and really enjoyed it. Himself had the ribs and wings.

Freezing rain forecast for tonight so that means park the cars at the bottom of the driveway this afternoon. Etc etc etc

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad the trip was OK for you, Mia6 Mia6 .
C catapault SABLE I like that! There should be a saying for books!
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, raised the shed blinds, walked 3 miles, put the second of three loads of laundry in the washer, and am drinking my coffee now.
  • Once all the laundry is finished, the shed and my Pendergast novel will be calling me.
  • Errands: banking, Target, etc. I need to fill out my financial report for 2019 for the county and take it in; that will be my last report. Thankfully. They are annoying to do.
  • Trash night
Rick's mom is not doing well. I think the nursing home has finally gotten to her. She is still very cognizant and it's really difficult for her in that place. We went in yesterday afternoon and she's really depressed. Her font size for her Kindle is now at the largest size and she's having trouble reading at that size. I bolded the font for her, hoping that would help her, but she had trouble with that, too. I tried to talk to her about audio books and she wants nothing to do with them and got very upset with me. She has a cold and is doing breathing treatments. She also has a dermatologist appt for a mark on her face that they suspect might be skin cancer. She's not bedridden, but she does need a wheelchair to go anywhere. And she's given up on activities; they were going to do a cooking activity yesterday; when they came for her, she refused to go. She yelled at me because I hadn't done any baking. You know, I was going to make a blueberry buckle yesterday morning, simply to give her a piece, but I didn't. I should have. Rick is talking to his sister now. We simply don't know what to do for her. She is 98 years old and her mind is sharp, but her body is not. This is not a good situation. Pardon my language, but nursing homes just suck.

Oh and Jasper, my co-worker's cat had surgery to remove the lumps on his neck/chest on Monday. They'll know for sure when the biopsy results come in back in 7-10 days, but the vet strongly suspects cancer. She told my co-worker that, even with treatment, Jas might have six months. Bob is not taking this well; those cats mean everything to him.(I'm going into the vet this afternoon to put some money down on Jasper's vet bill. They are NOT to tell Bob who did it; I don't want him to know.)

Bad news all the way around. Sorry.

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
stash acquisition beyond life expectancy
hah, this is absolutely terrific!!

Winchester Winchester I'm so very sorry to hear about Rick's mom, and Jasper babycat! Bless your heart, you're so thoughtful.

Ummm, lemme see. A water change for the fish, make cornbread to go with the thawing homemade chili for supper, and groom the cat - he's shedding like crazy. 75 degree F on Sunday then -1 degree this morning - this has to be challenging for critters.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester what were you saying about books?

Books_1.jpg
These are just the gardening books in my study
Books_2.jpg
It does not include the three bookcases in the living room, the three in the guest room, the bookcase in the kitchen, the three bookcases on the lower landing, the one at the bottom of the stairs, or the books in my husband's office. Thinking about it, I believe there are also a few boxes of books in the basement . . .

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, I am so very sorry about Rick's mom and Jasper. Sounds like she is depressed. Do the residents go on outings or are they there 24/7? I feel so bad for Bob and dear Jasper. Hopefully the vet can make comfortable for his last days but you never know, he may rally! Very generous of you to help with vet bill but I wouldn't expect less from you. :hugs:

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • It's like a skating rink on my deck and also on the roads. Hopefully helper will call off. She went to pick up my meds yesterday and yelled at pharmacy tech because they weren't ready. As she was getting out of car she started yelling at me. I asked her to calm down, it wasn't a big deal. She said she was going to be late in getting to her other client and it only became a problem since she began working here!! I about blew up but I didn't. I'm going to talk with Jon about her. She was nowhere near being late in getting to next client. She had 25 minutes yet to work at my house. She got here at 7:45am and sat on her not-small bum for 45 minutes!! She could've folded laundry and did the dishes then but all she did was talk about the coronavirus and as usual, had the wrong info. Rant Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.