Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had a lovely July 4th -- with friends, near a lake with cool breeze coming off the water (the temp got up to 90 degrees F or so! we were in an open-air covered area :yess: ), enjoying grilled food and assorted cold salads -- and i brought one of the carob cakes with whipped peanut butter frosting, which was enjoyed by all :D

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and move some dinner servings (of something) to the fridge to thaw.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv. i may end up taking a nap, too.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
i had a lovely July 4th -- with friends, near a lake with cool breeze coming off the water (the temp got up to 90 degrees F or so! we were in an open-air covered area :yess: ), enjoying grilled food and assorted cold salads -- and i brought one of the carob cakes with whipped peanut butter frosting, which was enjoyed by all :D

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and move some dinner servings (of something) to the fridge to thaw.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv. i may end up taking a nap, too.
Wowza, that lake breeze sounds nice!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We could use some of that lake breeze here, too, micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom It's ridiculously warm and humid here and it doesn't ever seem to cool off even a little bit. The window fan runs in the bedroom during the night and runs in the living room during the day for The Beast.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee. I'll scoop in a bit (Rick and I have changed; since he retired, he now scoops during the week and I scoop on weekends. It used to be the other way around.
  • Errands this morning: Banking, B & N, Target, etc.
  • Rick will be working outside and I will mow the yard this afternoon. We're calling it "Taking Back the Yard". Long story; we are removing dead branches from our neighbor's trees that are on our property by a good 10 - 12 feet. He's working the length of that property line, removing the dead branches. Then he's going to plant grass. I emphasize that the branches are already dead, so no harm done. (When I'm done mowing and trimming, I'm hitting the pool for the rest of the afternoon.)
And that will be it for our day.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
(When I'm done mowing and trimming, I'm hitting the pool for the rest of the afternoon.)
Enjoy!!

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Put a small load in now so I won't run the dryer while it's so humid, will try to read on the deck but it's way too humid now and I'm tired from fragmented sleep for the past two weeks from the fireworks. I plan on eating light; fruit, cheese and crackers, etc. Don't like a lot in my stomach in this type of weather.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Will do a small load of laundry before it gets to humid. Was going to go to 8:am Mass but I would have to walk and it's just too hot and humid. Need to do some light chores.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
So much for the pool. I didn't even get the front yard finished when the clouds opened. Got the mower put away, got shut the McShed windows, and ran into the house to shut all the house windows. Darn it. I'll have to finish mowing this afternoon.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, sorted laundry. Rick stripped the bed and put the sheets in the washer. I'll have three loads to do this morning.
  • Scoop the boxes, do a quick vacuum and Swiffer, wipe the kitchen and bathroom
  • We have a JVC tv in the bedroom. Last night I turned it on and had no sound. After working with it for about 15 minutes and still not getting sound, checking the internet for solutions, and so on, I turned the tv back off and went to bed with a book. Rick said he'll look at it today.
  • I need to clean my desk. I got all my papers out for the router (I have a list of all MAC addresses and such) last night and and everything is scattered about. I deleted some MAC addresses that we're no longer using and added the Kindle Fire to the mix.
  • Visit with Rick's mom tonight
And that's our day. It's really a sticky morning. I was going to bake cookies this morning, but nope, not going there. Just not going there.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Do you have central ac?
Nope. For years I didn't want it. We came "this" close to installing central air in the house a few years ago, but then I backed down. With the way, the weather is changing, though (all the heat and humidity), Rick really wants to put it in. And I'm not stopping him, if he goes that route.

For the most part, I'm Ok with the heat. I get up early in the morning and get my baking done while it's still cooler. The last couple weeks, though, it's been crazy sticky and, while I was thinking about baking this morning, I didn't.

I can take the heat; I can't take the humidity. It's just insane around here. And I feel badly for the kids, too.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and dice some ham (prep for making tomorrow nights dinner).

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv...or maybe a movie.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've put out fresh hummy sugarwater and made some more, cleaned the cat boxes, fed the cat and cleaned up a bit in the kitchen.

For the rest of the day, feed us, keep an eye out for/answer unanswered new posts, maybe work on some latchhooking, and watch baseball - MAYBE the Rockies will beat Arizona today :thumbsup:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. For years I didn't want it. We came "this" close to installing central air in the house a few years ago, but then I backed down. With the way, the weather is changing, though (all the heat and humidity), Rick really wants to put it in. And I'm not stopping him, if he goes that route.

For the most part, I'm Ok with the heat. I get up early in the morning and get my baking done while it's still cooler. The last couple weeks, though, it's been crazy sticky and, while I was thinking about baking this morning, I didn't.

I can take the heat; I can't take the humidity. It's just insane around here. And I feel badly for the kids, too.
I would not stop Rick. the humidity is brutal. You will feel better and so will the kids. :hugs:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
boxes
tea on the deck with the girls
put a load of laundry in so the dryer won' be running once it gets warm.

Hannah will do a bit of shopping; I feel like bacon and eggs today. She had never made eggs over easy before but I didn't know that. I asked her to make them a few weeks ago and I went up to rest for a bit. The eggs looked like something out of a magazine! I told her how amazing they looked and she then told me she had never made them before and went online to learn, she is sooo sweet!!

One of her engagement pics.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh, wow, she's so pretty! Congrats to her! And I'm jealous that she's wearing a dress that I could never wear in a million years.
  • Breakfast for the kids, wrote a check out, and got ready for work
  • Stopped at the mailbox in town, put gas in the Tucson
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight after work
And that's it

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, wow, she's so pretty! Congrats to her! And I'm jealous that she's wearing a dress that I could never wear in a million years.
I asked her if she minded if I posted pics and spoke of her and she said no, not at all. To be 22 again... this week she's on the cabbage soup diet to lose 10 pounds??? kids these days....she showed me an exercise to tighten "back fat"? I used one pound weights my nephew had given me and could barely move the next day, ha!! She's as beautiful inside as she is on the outside, lovely young lady.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
wow what a hot soupy mess of 4 days. I babysat Nina for 3 days so didn't get much done as Nina is a couch potato n hates going outside. I tried so many tricks to get her outside other than her potty breaks...I think she's loosing her eyesight so I covered her head one time and gently led her outside...progress. Once I took the cover off she was fine. For some reason walking through doorways freaks her out...it was too hot to walk the street but I got her to walk around the backyard a few times...
I also brushed her teeth, gave her a good brushing and soaked her feet in epson salt water..she's got quite the yucky fungus infection in between her toes-they tried the cream but it wouldn't clear up fast enough..so it was kind of a battle to get her to stand still and keep paw in pan of water but so far she wasn't chewing on her feet last night as much-I was wrapping them in sheets to keep her from licking..poor Nina-she was such a good girl and tolerated most of the poking and prodding.

I got some reading done and watched this show called In The Dark on netflix. It's only 1 season but really good. I managed to keep everything watered despite the heat. Sweat and huff and puff. So far I haven't had to water the plants down out back-the ground has been wet enough to keep them somewhat happy but still have to move a few tires around-just been too hot.

Yesterday was a stay in and watch tv day-so tonight hopefully back to keeping busy after work but I suspect probably going back to watching the rest of that series. The heat make Nina very uncomfortable so we just stayed in. Tonight will be cuddle with Bee. I really missed my girl! I was going to bring Nina to my house but she wasn't willing to get in the car so I just stayed at my friends house during the night. Fri night she jumped on me all night keeping me awake. Sat night slept like a rock. thank goodness!

Anyways yes the humidity sat afternoon was out of control. And the thunderstorms were a welcome relief. Even Nina didn't mind the thunder.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
wow what a hot soupy mess of 4 days. I babysat Nina for 3 days so didn't get much done as Nina is a couch potato n hates going outside. I tried so many tricks to get her outside other than her potty breaks...I think she's loosing her eyesight so I covered her head one time and gently led her outside...progress. Once I took the cover off she was fine. For some reason walking through doorways freaks her out...it was too hot to walk the street but I got her to walk around the backyard a few times...
I also brushed her teeth, gave her a good brushing and soaked her feet in epson salt water..she's got quite the yucky fungus infection in between her toes-they tried the cream but it wouldn't clear up fast enough..so it was kind of a battle to get her to stand still and keep paw in pan of water but so far she wasn't chewing on her feet last night as much-I was wrapping them in sheets to keep her from licking..poor Nina-she was such a good girl and tolerated most of the poking and prodding.

I got some reading done and watched this show called In The Dark on netflix. It's only 1 season but really good. I managed to keep everything watered despite the heat. Sweat and huff and puff. So far I haven't had to water the plants down out back-the ground has been wet enough to keep them somewhat happy but still have to move a few tires around-just been too hot.

Yesterday was a stay in and watch tv day-so tonight hopefully back to keeping busy after work but I suspect probably going back to watching the rest of that series. The heat make Nina very uncomfortable so we just stayed in. Tonight will be cuddle with Bee. I really missed my girl! I was going to bring Nina to my house but she wasn't willing to get in the car so I just stayed at my friends house during the night. Fri night she jumped on me all night keeping me awake. Sat night slept like a rock. thank goodness!

Anyways yes the humidity sat afternoon was out of control. And the thunderstorms were a welcome relief. Even Nina didn't mind the thunder.
Nina sounds like a doll baby. Brushing her teeth, taking care of the fungal infection, etc. You are a wondereful babysitter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.