Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 Wow, that's really nice. I can't wait to see it once it's finished. Gorgeous.

I'm tired this morning and have a bit of a headache. I thought about taking a sick day and going back to bed, but well, here I am. In my cube with my coffee. Speaking of coffee, I picked up my coffee mug from the Keurig, smacked it into the Keurig and coffee went every where. Thankfully, Rick was home and he cleaned it up, so that I could go ahead and come into work.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work. Had my coffee accident.
  • We have to grab a few groceries tonight, largely cat food.
  • Start insulating the shed. Going to be interesting; I've never done insulation, but as Dear Richard says, that's what You Tube is for.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick started insulating the shed yesterday; He'd rather deal with it during the mornings when it's not so hot, than work on it at night. It'll get done.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • I have a planning commission meeting tonight after work
  • I'm going to get out into the front flowerbed and start deadheading spent flowers tonight

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Pam, hope that headache is gone. :hugs:

boxes, very smelly this morning
tea, tastes extra good
started some laundry early, again don't like using the dryer when it's hot and humid. I woke up around 1am and we had lost power. I keep a flashlight on the bed to communicate with the Vincie girl because of her deafness and bad vision.
glad I had it because I had to use the bathroom. it was nice and cool and I started to fall asleep but then got warm. Right then the power came back on. The storm we had was earlier in the evening so I have no idea why the power was out.:dunno:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
Couldn't drink tea on the deck with my girls as it's been raining for the past 10 hours or so and will continue all day. Lots to do inside.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had a windy t-storm yesterday, followed by more rain last night. No way could I go outside to deadhead flowers in that mess. It rained walnuts in the side yard from our black walnut tree. I'll have to get there and pick them up at some point. Supposed to be more of the same today into Thursday, but I think today will be from the remnants of Barry.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, sorted two piles of laundry, and got ready for work
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it 'let loose' late yesterday afternoon and into the evening, like the clouds just opened up. we also had rain during the overnight, which has temporarily cooled the temp down...:cloud9:

today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll spend some time with my budget, and on some planning.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Some mornings, one should just stay in bed. I got out of bed, went into the bathroom and heard puking out in the hallway; Tabby puked up a hairball. Cleaned it up. Went back into the bedroom, walked around the foot of the bad and walked into puke. Cleaned that up and cleaned my foot (not in that order; I'm sure it was funny to see me hopping to the bathroom on one foot). Came out of the bathroom, just in time to see Muffin puking up a hairball. Cleaned that up. Later on, after the kids had breakfast, Mollipop puked some of her breakfast up....in the cardboard center of their Turbo toy. Cleaned that up and replaced the cardboard center. :sigh:
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3 miles, took Molli on a "basement tour". Every once in a while, she likes to tour the basement. She'll walk down to the door and start crying. That's my cue. I pick her up and away we go. "This is the washer" and she leans over and sniffs, "This is the dryer" followed by a sniff, "Here's the water softener" and more sniffing. And so on, til we've gotten through the basement. Then I asked her if she's ready to go upstairs, she meows a "Yes" and we go upstairs. I drop her off on the back of the couch and she zooms out to the kitchen to tell Dad all about her tour. (I used to do the same thing with Banshee when she was alive, except we would go outside. "Here's a maple tree" and sniff, "Here's the weeping cherry" and sniff, and so on. Every day rain, shine, or even light snow. We had an umbrella for rain and she even had her own blankie for when it was snowing.)
  • Sorted three piles of laundry for tonight and got ready for work
The basement “tour” is so funny. I have forgotten about taking my cats on a similar tour of the house. Holding them up high so they could sniff the picture frames, light switches and doors. They all seemed to love doing it and would purr up a storm.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
No yard work again last night. Rain, rain, and more rain. It's ridiculous at this point. Rick worked in the McShed yesterday, but he said it was so hot and muggy that he gave up after a couple of hours.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles and got ready for work
That's pretty much it, other than a quick vacuuming in the living room and kitchen. Rick's quite the house-husband. Til I got home from work yesterday, he had the laundry finished, the boxes scooped, and the trash set out.

susanm9006 susanm9006 Our BooBoo also loved basement tours. I'd take him downstairs and he'd just purr and purr the whole time. Between his basement tours and his Bouncing, he was a busy boy in the mornings.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Got my plants watered this morning at 5am with a Honeybee walking along with me.

Deer ate my tomato plants by the road :yelling:
I got a 6lb container of cayenne pepper to shake all over the place.

Got to mix together some ingredients to spray on the plants to repell the buggers. I shook cayenne pepper on the pumpkin and tomato plants down out back in the back garden earlier this week. So far no more munching there.

I got lots to do still-still need to do housework that Ive neglected this summer and finish my projects.

Tonight going to try to finish the side garden by the dead end road-add dirt and plant the rest of the plants I have in temporary containers or finish the side garden on other side=depending on how hot it is.
Water everything to be ready for tomorrow's heat.

Then this weekend getting hot weather so won't be doing much other than watering plants morning and night. :cloudy:I don't like this hot weather that is coming. :bawling2: Which means tv time and reading or housework...

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
boxes
tea
started some laundry and it's already in the dryer. We have a heat warning starting today at noon extending into Saturday with heat index values about 110 degrees. The worst time to be out is late afternoon and early evening. So it's summer cabin fever.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We have the heat warning, too; it's going to be ugly, I'm afraid.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3.5 miles, and got ready for work. As I was leaving the house, Rick was leaving to hit Lowes for oil for the mower. He's going to mow a bit today; we're going to have to start mowing twice a week for a while. Between the rain and the sun, you can almost see the lawn growing! When he gets back, he's going to work on McShed insulating.
That might be pretty much it. I'm hoping to get outside tonight to do some dead-heading (that I've been wanting to do now pretty much all week) and those blasted walnuts won't pick up themselves.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Our heat index now is around 107, according to Rick. It's ugly. I keep wetting the animals down and we have the fans running full-tilt. We haven't shut the house up since Friday morning; Rick's been sleeping on the couch and we keep the doors open. It's just nasty.

We've been working on McShed insulation; it's even really hot in there. Rick did some push-mowing late this morning. I told him he was crazy.

I have jury selection Monday and Tuesday, so won't be around.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes
  • Three loads of laundry this morning
  • Vacuumed, swiffered, wiped the kitchen and bathroom
We're not visiting with Rick's mom tonight because we don't want to shut the house up and go away. We'll go up after this heat breaks. He's going to call his mom sometime tonight and tell her why we're not coming up. She won't be amused, but we're not shutting the kids up in this hot house. No way. She wouldn't have been happy anyway because I didn't bake this weekend. I wasn't turning the oven on.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, the heat finally 'broke' here......:yess: it's currently 70 degrees F. :D

today i've got a load of laundry that i'll fold/put away. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and make 3 liters of ginger ale.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Here, too. We had t-storms and rain last night. Finally!

I lasted an hour at jury selection this morning. I can't really go into detail; suffice to say, I had an issue with what was going on and they let me go. So I'm at work. I called Rick to tell him I was at work and he was amazed that I lasted a whole hour in the courtroom.....he's a snot.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked five miles (because I didn't have to be at the courthouse til 8:30, so I had some time), and got ready to go in for jury selection.
  • The guy is coming this afternoon to look at the McShed and give us an estimate on drywall.
  • We have to grab a few groceries tonight, although I should just say that we have to make a cat food run tonight. That's pretty much all we're buying again.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • boxes, twice! They had to go again after I scooped the first time
  • tea on deck, nice and cool this morning
  • put some bedding in the washer. Hannah will wash my quilt at the launderette as it's linen and cotton with a soft filling and I don't have a front loading washer. It's so soft and doesn't hurt my arms. Nicole bought it for as a Christmas gift It's from the Shabby Chic bedding collection from Target. Not Neiman Marcus but it's lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.