Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think we'll look for a cordless not all that expensive for the shed. It's basically just the wood floor with a rug in front of the couch. No cat litter or anything like that.

Rick spent the afternoon in the shed yesterday while I ripped through the house a bit, doing some cleaning. He had a bad sinus headache, so he lounged out there for a while. Then I went out for a while last night and came back in a little after 9:00. I read for a while and then turned the TV on and vegetated in front of the tv. Rick showed me a picture last night that he took of The Beast lying at the top of the stairs, waiting for me to come back into the house. At night, she really wants her people in the house. She'll sleep there until I come back inside. Rick told me she was doing that, but I didn't believe him. Well, last night, I came in the house and there she was; the tail was going a mile a minute and she was all "Happy Happy! Joy Joy!" I had her out to the shed in the afternoon when we went out for a pee break; she went in, sniffed at everything, and then stood by the door, patiently waiting to leave again.

Today, some people from Rick's work are coming in to watch the PSU game with Rick out in the shed. I don't watch football, so they can be out there and I'll hide out in the house with the girls and The Beast. After the game is over, Rick will call for pizzas for everybody. He gave me his headache, so I'm trying to deal with that this morning. It's in my eyes.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. I need to scoop.
  • A quick clean-up in the kitchen, take a shower, and then wipe down the bathroom again
  • I have some snacks for the game and will have to get everything ready by noon
  • We may go over to my sister's tonight to exchange gifts, depending on when people leave and how I feel.
I'm hoping for either my headache to go away or a very speedy day!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
He gave me his headache, so I'm trying to deal with that this morning. It's in my eyes.
Hope you feel better. Cute that the Beast waits for you.

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Did a few loads of laundry, washed the new clothes Nicole gave me. May watch a movie.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester How is the headache?
Much better this morning, thanks, although it's still there. I ended up in bed Saturday morning. Our guests arrived around 11:30. Rick didn't wake me up because he knew there was no way I'd be getting out of bed. The girls finally started yelling for lunch around 1:30, I got up, gave everybody lunch, took The Beast out to pee, and then went over to the shed. I felt bad about it, but there's really nothing I can do about it either. I let everybody else drink the wine and eat the snacks. It finally started to dissipate around 4:00 and I had a slice of pizza (you know I'm sick when I only eat one slice of pizza!). Our friends stayed until around 6:30 and then went home. I was back in bed by 7:00. We had a good time and they're really nice people. They both worked with Rick for years and he really likes them. I think I do, too. And they have a cat....cat people are the best! Any way, it's still there, but not nearly as bad. Thanks.

We gave the shed a good grand opening. Watched the PSU game; they won, thankfully. Sat and chatted and just enjoyed. They thought the shed was awesome. They had stopped by one time right after we got the shed, when it was still just a shed. I was at work, so I didn't meet them then.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee.
  • Need to go out to the shed and raise the blinds. And then scoop the boxes.
  • Going over to my sister's this afternoon to exchange gifts; we didn't make it over last night.
You know what I'm not doing this morning? Laundry! No laundry on a Sunday! For the first time in....forever! :yess: Life is good.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's a very rainy Monday, a good morning to lounge in bed for a while. That's what we did. Well, Rick hit the couch, I hit the bed and I read for a while. Very cozy with Molli and Muffin back with me and the electric blanket turned on.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and went back to bed. Scooped the boxes
  • We just got back from the grocery store for our stuff for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. And some cat food for the kids. Stopped in at Target for my prescriptions.
  • A quick vacuum and a swiffer about the house
  • I will work on some laundry this afternoon, while Rick is out in the shed watching football.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Sherry came. She shopped, made egg salad, washed and dried clothes. I didn't sleep well so I'm going to have a nap after I have lunch.The temps are dropping and we have a high wind warning. Good day for a nap with Cal.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Can't believe 2019 is over by tonight. So glad. It's cold and oh so windy. I'm rugged up with Cal sleeping beside me on her blanket. Will probably make some cocoa soon. micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom where have you been? are you ok?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had a rainy weekend and it is to end today with a few snow showers. On Christmas Day, Rick and I were walking around outside in t-shirts as the temp was in the mid 50s. We're still in the 40s, but that will change today as the snow hits. Not bad, just some snow showers. Our December was very weird weather-wise this year.

Remember I used to talk about Pat and Rich, good friends of ours? She had passed away back in August. Well, he died this past weekend. He had had dementia, so it wasn't a surprise. But yet it sent a chill through me when I got the news. He was a good man and he will be missed. Rick is going to the visitation this morning. I'm not going. I'm just not. I spent a lot of time yesterday, thinking about him and his wife, all the things we did, all the things she and I looked forward to doing when I was finally able to retire. I miss both of them.
  • Breakfast for the girls and I'm sitting back here with my coffee. Rick emptied the dishwasher and I'll scoop when I'm done with my coffee.
  • I need to bake a round loaf of batter bread to make the Big Sandwich tonight.
  • We went for a few groceries yesterday and I forgot to get laundry detergent. There's no way I can go til next week to do laundry, so Rick is going to get detergent and I'll work in laundry today, while he's watching football
  • We're just going to hang out and watch movies tonight for our New Year's Eve. Nothing exotic.
Happy End of 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.