Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm tired and I have a rotten headache; the humidity finally got to me. I'm at work, but not looking so great. We had the fan running in the bedroom window last night, which didn't help matters much.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles, and got ready for work
  • We *might* go to Lowes tonight
As far as I know, that's pretty much it for today. (The beauty of Dear Richard being retired. :evilgrin: )

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Spent the morning yesterday supervising a tree being cut down at my mom’s place and the afternoon here at home with the ceiling repair guy. Waiting for him to return this morning for the next coat, then I am off to pay for mom’s tree and to the library for some new audiobooks.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got up this morning and it was simply too humid to walk today. I'd have been a sweaty mess and I simply wasn't going there. Bleah
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and got ready for work. Rick had to spray for ants, those tiny little things are in the kitchen. He found where they were coming from, so he sprayed the heck out of the area. Hopefully, they won't find another way to get in. I hate those things. It's like no matter how I try to keep things clean, they're there!
There's really not much going on today. Rick will be mowing the lawn this afternoon. Tonight he and my BIL are going to a concert with Molly Hatchet and the Outlaws (Ghost Riders, anyone?). I'll be on my own, so I'll spend the time reading.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Water my container plants after work
Drink Margaritas with my coworker down the road
Laugh and be stupid while trying to stay cool.
Play with her dog Nina who adores me and tries to sit on my lap. She's a boxer and almost 100 lbs.

It's humid nasty out.

Yesterday I spent an hour in the garden and gave up when sweat just filled my glasses despite having a rag to wipe my face. I detest this weather but with my tomato garden-they should grow fast now that it's finally warmed up.

We didn't put the AC in the window yet...We are trying to do without because it hurts Jon's arthritis. I got a small fan on me at night that makes it tolerable. Weekend is going to be cooler.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the library where I work is closed for renovation, all of my coworkers have been spread out across the county to other libraries. Today was the last day of one of my favorite coworkers though (which I am very sad about), so I stopped by the library she worked at to say goodbye.
After that, I went to the doctor because I've been having weird episodes of confusion or disorientation. I found out, I'm just stressed out and I was likely having panic attacks.
Then I went to my parents' house to do laundry. I also went grocery shopping afterward and came home and cleaned.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the library where I work is closed for renovation, all of my coworkers have been spread out across the county to other libraries. Today was the last day of one of my favorite coworkers though (which I am very sad about), so I stopped by the library she worked at to say goodbye.
After that, I went to the doctor because I've been having weird episodes of confusion or disorientation. I found out, I'm just stressed out and I was likely having panic attacks.
Then I went to my parents' house to do laundry. I also went grocery shopping afterward and came home and cleaned.
Sorry about the panic attacks and your friend leaving. Maybe you can meet up for coffee or something. Hope you feel better!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Man, it's humid. Bleah! Fortunately, I don't have to mow the yard; Rick got it done yesterday. He also did a load of laundry.
  • Breakfast for the kids and sitting back here with my coffee. And sweating like crazy. Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap. The concert last night pooped him out.
  • Vacuum, Swiffer, wipe down kitchen and bathroom
  • Start buying shed "stuff". I found the light I want and will probably pick it up tonight. I need to start looking at paint colors, too. Flooring is on my list to look at. We've a long way to go, though, before flooring. But Rick wants me to start looking around for things.
The electrician is supposed to come in today to start wiring the shed.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got up to scoop the boxes but Tommy did not use them last night.
Threw out nuts for the squirrels and blue jays.
Took out the trash.
Emptied the dishwasher.
Made some grits for breakfast and am taking them upstairs to eat while I am on the computer.
I pretty much do the same thing every morning so I don't bother to list them everyday.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
The usual and then threw out the trash, put fresh water in the cats' fountain and apparently spilled some. Stepped in it, my foot went out from under me and I crashed to the floor, landing on my right hip, boy that's going to make a bruise. Got up and: forget about my hip! My left ankle hurt like hell. Hobbled to the fridge and got an ice pack out of the freezer. Hobbled to the couch and wrapped the ice pack around the ankle, ouch that hurt. Left the ice pack on for an hour, no swelling but it still hurt a lot. So I drove myself to Urgicare (thank goodness I don't have a stick shift car!), by the time I got there the ankle looked like it had an egg attached on the outside. They took X-rays : hairline fracture. So now I have a walking boot but it still hurts but at least I can walk sort of and some things are really hard to do. It's supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks to heal which is going to make my move to Reno on August 1 a real pain in the ankle. So I won't be doing much for the rest of the day. Kitties have been sleeping since they had their breakfast so I don't have to worry about them for a while.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The usual and then threw out the trash, put fresh water in the cats' fountain and apparently spilled some. Stepped in it, my foot went out from under me and I crashed to the floor, landing on my right hip, boy that's going to make a bruise. Got up and: forget about my hip! My left ankle hurt like hell. Hobbled to the fridge and got an ice pack out of the freezer. Hobbled to the couch and wrapped the ice pack around the ankle, ouch that hurt. Left the ice pack on for an hour, no swelling but it still hurt a lot. So I drove myself to Urgicare (thank goodness I don't have a stick shift car!), by the time I got there the ankle looked like it had an egg attached on the outside. They took X-rays : hairline fracture. So now I have a walking boot but it still hurts but at least I can walk sort of and some things are really hard to do. It's supposed to take 4 to 6 weeks to heal which is going to make my move to Reno on August 1 a real pain in the ankle. So I won't be doing much for the rest of the day. Kitties have been sleeping since they had their breakfast so I don't have to worry about them for a while.
Oh no!!! Can you postpone the move? Ankles need a lot of time to heal.
Is there someone who can help out with your daily needs? Wish you lived close, I could at least do the boxes, feed kitties, and make tea.

I am so sorry this happened. :alright::hearthrob:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with your foot segelkatt segelkatt . Those boots are no fun; I was in one for about six weeks. Be careful. It's good that you don't have a stick shift!

We had a heckuva t-storm last night, complete with lots of hail and torrential rain. The wind was terrible and we expected to lose another tree, the way it was whipping around. We've gotten really paranoid now about winds and our trees. But it seems that we're OK, thank goodness.
  • Breakfast for the kids, sorted laundry, and Rick threw the bed sheets in the washer before he flopped on the couch. I'm sitting back here with my morning coffee. The electrician is coming back this morning to work on the "shed that's not a shed". That's what he's calling it.
  • Working on laundry
  • I did vacuum yesterday, but the kids are shedding terribly, so another vacuum today. Wipe down kitchen and bathroom.
  • Visit with Rick's mom tonight

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds as though you had our Friday night storm last night Winchester Winchester
I hate the eerie sirens that go off but glad we have them. Right before the siren was going off on Friday night someone was shooting off M80s and Cherry bombs and it sounded like a war zone.

• boxes
  • tea on deck with the girls
  • will wash some cat throws, read a bit, apply heat to my knee, play WWF, nice temps to be outside

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That storm was horrid. Thankfully we didn't lose any trees, but others in the neighborhood did. These storms are keeping the tree service people in business!
Mia6 Mia6 How is that knee doing?

Feeling OK this morning, even considering that it's Monday. Only four working days this week.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles, and got ready for work. Rick will do the boxes.
  • Must grab some groceries tonight
And that will be it.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Knee is so so. Sprained the meniscus back in September when I fell and it acts up if I do certain activities. Thank you for asking.:hugs: You're so right about the tree service business! Glad you were spared, sorry about your neighbors.

Boxes
Tea
Put a load of smalls in the washer. Don't want to run the dryer after a certain time or it heats up the downstairs. I don't have a basement and the laundry room is also a half-bath. Rain is possible today, hot and humid.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt How are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.