Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick packed my lunch today! :redheartpump: Oatmeal with a small container of milk, a caramel flan (Senor Rico), and some fresh cherries. That man.....I'm keeping him.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3.5 miles, and got ready for work
I'm having trouble finding three things. Rick has been taking care of the litter boxes, laundry, outside work, etc throughout the week. I should probably name three things that he is doing instead of me.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much to do today, as i got a lot done yesterday.

i've got a load of laundry that i'll move to the dryer, and fold/put away after it's dried. i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'll play some computer games, start a new jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
She's a big girl, ha!! Any pics? Hope you can get the ac in
I will have to take some pics this week-I got one of her with a rag on her head trying to keep her cool. She gets hot easily and pants all the time, so I wet a rag and kept it around her head and ears to keep her cool.

@segelkatt I hope you don't have too much pain from your ordeal, having dealt with foot pain for the past 3 years, I understand the frustration-sending you hugs!!

3 things-
This morning watered the pots of tomatoes and fed them liquid fertilizer-sweat and swat at mosquitoes.

Tonight,
water new garden tonight-soil is dry again
Check tire garden-water if needed. Want to feed liquid fertilizer to front porch flowers which are going nuts-they grew several inches in just days.
Finish potting up those petunias or put dirt in the tray of 3.5" pots so they have something to dig into while still working on 4 x 8 garden
didn't get anything done last night-spent evening at my friend's house watching a movie and playing with Nina again.
We looked at kidde pools to cool off the dog. She wants to get one big enough for us to sit in with her grand son. We have a perfect place out back out of side of nosy neighbors and will help her set it up.

Oh still need to spray that wondercide to stop the ticks-Can we add 4 hours of daylight please?!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a little surgery on my face yesterday and while it feels fine I still have a wide bandage across one cheek that I don’t want to be seen in. So today will be a quiet day of straightening and cleaning closets and maybe getting more sewing done.
Hope everything's ok, Susan.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We looked at kidde pools to cool off the dog. She wants to get one big enough for us to sit in with her grand son. We have a perfect place out back out of side of nosy neighbors and will help her set it up.
Sounds nice. I've got nosy neighbors as well. Her kitchen window oversees my deck and I can see her scoping things out frequently. Harvey's mom and dad told me she's been doing the same to them. Not much to see; an aged deaf black cat, a big Calico/Maine Coon and me.
I bet Nina will love the pool! I love boxers; they are so loving.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • boxes
  • tea on deck, only for a minute, so humid
  • started some laundry early, don't want the dryer running when it gets
  • super humid
  • pay day, :yess:, making a list for Hannah, indoor picnic probably at Nicole's tomorrow as rain and storms are in the forecast, good food, good company

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, Mia6. It should be fine, with just a small scar to blend in with the wrinkles.
Ha!!! I've got a little scar on one of my eyelids that blends in quite well with the wrinkles. :clap:
I'll join the little scar/wrinkle club. I had a cyst on my forehead that had to be removed. He cut horizontally, said it would blend right in as I got older. He was right, blends right in with the wrinkles.

Since Rick has retired and doesn't have to get up at 4:45 anymore, we've been sleeping in later (or trying to). I don't have to be to work until 8:00. The cats aren't amused by it, but oh well. We have them pretty much attuned to about 5:15 or so, although they'll start screaming now around 4:30 (which is better than their normal 3:30-4:00!). I don't get as much walking time in the morning, but it balances out with a wee bit more sleep. And I'll always take a wee bit more sleep.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 2.5 miles, sorted laundry, and got ready for work. (Rick did a quick scooping and put the first load of laundry in the washer)
  • He's coming in for lunch today; we'll go over to the farmers' market for a hot sausage sandwich and some produce.
And that will be my day.

foxxycat foxxycat We do the rag-thing with The Beast, too, to try to cool her down. She pants so much just from anxiety; throw the heat and humidty into the mix and she's a mess. She'll love the pool! And we have nosy neighbors, too. He's downright annoying and doesn't hide the fact that he's watching everybody. He sits on his bucket on the hill behind us and "bird-watches" through his binoculars. Bird-watches. Uh-huh. Yep. Last I knew, birds were in the sky, not on the ground and not inside houses!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'll join the little scar/wrinkle club. I had a cyst on my forehead that had to be removed. He cut horizontally, said it would blend right in as I got older. He was right, blends right in with the wrinkles.

Since Rick has retired and doesn't have to get up at 4:45 anymore, we've been sleeping in later (or trying to). I don't have to be to work until 8:00. The cats aren't amused by it, but oh well. We have them pretty much attuned to about 5:15 or so, although they'll start screaming now around 4:30 (which is better than their normal 3:30-4:00!). I don't get as much walking time in the morning, but it balances out with a wee bit more sleep. And I'll always take a wee bit more sleep.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 2.5 miles, sorted laundry, and got ready for work. (Rick did a quick scooping and put the first load of laundry in the washer)
  • He's coming in for lunch today; we'll go over to the farmers' market for a hot sausage sandwich and some produce.
And that will be my day.

foxxycat foxxycat We do the rag-thing with The Beast, too, to try to cool her down. She pants so much just from anxiety; throw the heat and humidty into the mix and she's a mess. She'll love the pool! And we have nosy neighbors, too. He's downright annoying and doesn't hide the fact that he's watching everybody. He sits on his bucket on the hill behind us and "bird-watches" through his binoculars. Bird-watches. Uh-huh. Yep. Last I knew, birds were in the sky, not on the ground and not inside houses!
Your lunch sounds so good!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've washed the dishes, and have the thickener made and cooling -- for making Whipped Peanut Butter Frosting (for the two Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate (carob, in my case) Cakes that i baked the day before yesterday. i doubled the thickener part, and was pleased that it cooked/thickened just fine -- i'll be making a double batch of frosting...one batch for each of/split between the two cakes. thank you again, Winchester Winchester for sharing that recipe with us all! :worship:

i'll wash the dishes again, after i finish making the frosting, and frosting the cakes. and i'll scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

And that will be my day.

We only have a couple people who can be nosy but I typed out the wrong sentence earlier-I meant theres no one to spy on us and her yard has big boulders and shrubs so if you drive by you can't see the side yard. Definitely will have fun with a small pool just to soak.

Last night did more than I thought and this morning.

Sprayed Wondercide on one part of the yard, fought with the hose, the hand nozzle wou;ldn't come off so had to dig out a new hose and use that to attach the bottle spray thingy that the Wondercide comes with. I ran out of spray by the time the side road area was done-it's where we hang out.

Watered the front new gardens and the transplants that don't like the direct hot sun and keep wilting.

Jon started cutting the lilacs with the clippers and took over and really cut back everything, so annoying having branches in our face when walk by and since all flowering is done, gave it a good cutting back. Noticed the middle lilac has been taken over by this other unknown shrub-so got to figure out how to pull that out without driving on the lawn and pulling it out with a chain/vehicle.

Watered tomato plants again-some dried out despite being watered yesterday morning-fed them yesterday morning too.

This morning got outside at 5am to check on the garden down in the back, noticed leaves yellowing, got some mulch and moved the tire tomatoes to layer 6 inches of mulch under it then slide it back on-repacked the dirt that fell out. Walked around digging with a shovel to see where the better areas are-considering moving tomatoes in a different area that's not as wet.

Tomorrow morning=will complete that project.
Supposed to go to a friend's house tomorrow but not feeling up to company...want to stay home and plug away at my garden projects. Got my umbrella stand, umbrella and 100 foot extension cords to plug in a fan when working in my garden to keep the mosquitoes far away.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
We only have a couple people who can be nosy but I typed out the wrong sentence earlier-I meant theres no one to spy on us and her yard has big boulders and shrubs so if you drive by you can't see the side yard. Definitely will have fun with a small pool just to soak.

Last night did more than I thought and this morning.

Sprayed Wondercide on one part of the yard, fought with the hose, the hand nozzle wou;ldn't come off so had to dig out a new hose and use that to attach the bottle spray thingy that the Wondercide comes with. I ran out of spray by the time the side road area was done-it's where we hang out.

Watered the front new gardens and the transplants that don't like the direct hot sun and keep wilting.

Jon started cutting the lilacs with the clippers and took over and really cut back everything, so annoying having branches in our face when walk by and since all flowering is done, gave it a good cutting back. Noticed the middle lilac has been taken over by this other unknown shrub-so got to figure out how to pull that out without driving on the lawn and pulling it out with a chain/vehicle.

Watered tomato plants again-some dried out despite being watered yesterday morning-fed them yesterday morning too.

This morning got outside at 5am to check on the garden down in the back, noticed leaves yellowing, got some mulch and moved the tire tomatoes to layer 6 inches of mulch under it then slide it back on-repacked the dirt that fell out. Walked around digging with a shovel to see where the better areas are-considering moving tomatoes in a different area that's not as wet.

Tomorrow morning=will complete that project.
Supposed to go to a friend's house tomorrow but not feeling up to company...want to stay home and plug away at my garden projects. Got my umbrella stand, umbrella and 100 foot extension cords to plug in a fan when working in my garden to keep the mosquitoes far away.
My goodness, you were so busy!!! I read what you did with your tomatoes and tried to do the same to my Heirlooms as I am seeing yellowing of leaves. The Cherry are fine.

• Boxes
  • Tea on deck
  • Holding back on watering the tomatoes because we're supposed to have rain all day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'll take a piece of that cake! :yummy:
foxxycat foxxycat Wow you were busy! Around here, we have so much rain that we haven't had to add water to the pool yet this year. Because of putting up Christmas lights in the yard and around the house, we have those really long extension cords, too, and they really come in handy. We're using them in the shed until the power can be connected.

We had another storm come through last night, so had to shut all the windows. It finally stopped and I was able to put a fan in the bedroom window and that gave us enough cooler air that we could sleep. But today is so humid that we're already sweating.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee
  • I need to bake that hot milk sponge cake and then frost it. I put the butter for the frosting in the microwave this morning. Til I'm ready to frost, it will be soft. I'm doing a French Silk chocolate frosting. I also have to get the beans in the crock pot later on this morning; that means browning the ground beef and frying bacon. Rick will be in the kitchen nosing 'round once he smells the bacon! I swear that man can smell bacon a mile away.
  • Do a real quick vacuum and Swiffer about the living room and kitchen at some point.
  • If it doesn't rain, we're going over to my BIL's house to watch the community fireworks.
Back to work tomorrow!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • boxes
  • tea
  • put some bedding in very early as it's supposed to reach 90 and I don't want to run the dryer any later that 8am. will dry some thing outside, then put them in the dryer for a min or two in case any insects are hiding. Glad Hannah will be back. She'll go to Giant Eagle. I see they have cherries on sale and I want some Italian ices, bread, and smoked tb for sammies. will try to keep cool

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 That's where I got my cherries; we have a couple Giant stores close to us. They were Washington cherries and they were really good. I'm not a big fan of cherry flavoring (lollipops, candy, etc), but I do love real cherry baked goods.

Back to work this morning. TGIF!
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked about a mile (it's simply too darn humid to deal with much at all and it was already 75 degrees at 5:30 this morning) before giving up, and got ready for work. I have a feeling it's going to rain and rain hard today. Thunder and lighting. It's really nasty.
  • We might go down to Lowes tonight
And that's it. Rick will take care of the litter boxes and he's working outside....until it starts to rain.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
That's where I got my cherries; we have a couple Giant stores close to us. They were Washington cherries and they were really good. I'm not a big fan of cherry flavoring (lollipops, candy, etc), but I do love real cherry baked goods.
Oh, I'm glad they are good ones. We had a sour cherry tree growing up and my mother made the best pies from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.