Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 We spent about an hour with her last night. She has a form of pulmonary fibrosis and they're trying to figure out if she's good enough for transplants. It's a long story, but in a nutshell, we're seeing more and more bad lung problems in this area and the local medical profession is treading very warily around the fact that we have a TON of poultry barns around here. A TON. Air issues, water problems, etc. But yet, it seems that, every time we turn around, another poultry barn is going up. And legislation protects the farmers, even the commercial ones. Which might be a good topic for IMO at some point. (I'll shut up now)
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3.5 miles, and got ready for work. Rick is in what they think might be the final day negotiations; they think they'll get a contract proposal from management next week. It's been a long and (sometimes) ugly month.
  • I need to hit the grocery store for crusty rolls during my lunch break to go with dinner tonight.
  • A trip to Lowes tonight (weather permitting) for softener salt and other items.
  • Scoop the boxes
And then I'm going to bed with my iPad to read for a while.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Mia6 Mia6 We spent about an hour with her last night. She has a form of pulmonary fibrosis and they're trying to figure out if she's good enough for transplants. It's a long story, but in a nutshell, we're seeing more and more bad lung problems in this area and the local medical profession is treading very warily around the fact that we have a TON of poultry barns around here. A TON. Air issues, water problems, etc. But yet, it seems that, every time we turn around, another poultry barn is going up. And legislation protects the farmers, even the commercial ones. Which might be a good topic for IMO at some point. (I'll shut up now)
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3.5 miles, and got ready for work. Rick is in what they think might be the final day negotiations; they think they'll get a contract proposal from management next week. It's been a long and (sometimes) ugly month.
  • I need to hit the grocery store for crusty rolls during my lunch break to go with dinner tonight.
  • A trip to Lowes tonight (weather permitting) for softener salt and other items.
  • Scoop the boxes
And then I'm going to bed with my iPad to read for a while.

I bet your visit cheered her. Any chance she would go to the Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
let's see. i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and made two liters of soda. i took some trash out. i pulled some ingredients together, for tomorrows making of Winchester Winchester 's Macaroni and Cheese with Tomatoes recipe, and pulled out the glass baking dish for it. it's forecast to be a high of 70-72 degrees here tomorrow, so a reasonable temperature range, to use the range oven.

i went to the bank, Wegmans for some groceries, grabbed breakfast at the Burger King (dollar menu, sausage biscuits x2), mowed the lawn and raked the grass clippings, and moved some dessert servings, orange juice, a pack of hot dogs, and a container of cold cuts to the fridge to thaw.

i still need to get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
let's see. i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and made two liters of soda. i took some trash out. i pulled some ingredients together, for tomorrows making of Winchester Winchester 's Macaroni and Cheese with Tomatoes recipe, and pulled out the glass baking dish for it. it's forecast to be a high of 70-72 degrees here tomorrow, so a reasonable temperature range, to use the range oven.

i went to the bank, Wegmans for some groceries, grabbed breakfast at the Burger King (dollar menu, sausage biscuits x2), mowed the lawn and raked the grass clippings, and moved some dessert servings, orange juice, a pack of hot dogs, and a container of cold cuts to the fridge to thaw.

i still need to get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine.
Wowza, girl, you were busy! You will so love Winchester Winchester 's Mac&Cheese with tomatoes. Yum!

• boxes
  • tea on the deck
  • going to relax and rest today as pain levels are high..hope to sit on deck and read..sunny today!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I hope you like the mac and cheese!
Mia6 Mia6 I hope you start to feel better soon. :hugs:

Last night we hit Lowes for softener salt and a few other items. I started looking at paint colors for the shed. We also hit a local furniture store to start looking at queen sofa beds. This is something I do not want to buy as used and Rick agrees. Bed bugs and what-have-you. I'm just not going there. I was going to mow a bit of the yard when we got home, but Mother Nature had other ideas; it poured.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and did a bit of straightening up in the kitchen this morning. Must scoop the boxes. Make a bit of macaroni salad to go with our BBQ chicken tonight.
  • Banking, pick up meds, etc.
  • Mow the yard this afternoon. Rick will be outside, doing a final check on how level the stones are at the shed pad.
And that will be our Saturday.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , Mia6 Mia6 -- thank you! i'm sure i'll love the Macaroni & Cheese with Tomatoes! :agree:

today i've got that loaf of bread making in the bread machine -- that didn't get made yesterday evening. i've washed the dishes, and made one liter of soda. i've also hauled in the packages that were delivered today, and stored their contents away properly -- cat food order, and household supplies order.

not long from now, i'll get the macaroni and cheese made.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Man, it's muggy around here this morning. Got the yard mowed yesterday, but ended up in bed early with a headache. I feel better this morning, but it's still there.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. Rick stripped the bed and put the sheets in the washer.
  • I have three loads of laundry to do and it's separated into piles on the bathroom floor.
  • The dough is made for sticky buns and it's going through its first rising. Rick's mom said she was really hungry for sticky buns, so I figured that was my cue to make some for her.
  • We have to visit with Rick's mom tonight. She called me yesterday; the Nook stopped charging. I'm hoping it's just a glitch and I can get it working again. If something has happened and it won't charge, then we're going to have to figure out what to do. I bought a Kindle Paperwhite for her a couple years ago for Christmas, but she didn't like it, so I've been using it. At this point, I have a ton of books on it, so I'd hate to have to give it to her now. And they're not really books that she would like. We'll see how things go.
  • We must grab some groceries today; it won't wait until tomorrow. The kids have enough canned cat food for supper tonight and that's it. I refuse to feed dry for meals, so off to the store we'll go. We'll just stop in on our way home from visiting Rick's mom.
Back to work tomorrow! Crap

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
ended up in bed early with a headache
So sorry about the headache. I know how nasty they are for you. :alright:

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Laundry. I am exhausted. The morons across the street were setting off loud fireworks that sounded like a war zone. I called the police twice, was told they had several calls about it but couldn't locate them. This goes on every year but I'm done. I am going to file a formal complaint. I don't feel my complaints are taken seriously because I don't live in a wealthy neighborhood. Two houses down the kids scream at the top of their lungs and I'm done with that as well. The parents don't pay attention to what they are doing. Enough ranting. Another sunny day. :cheerleader:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The only good thing about today is that I have vacation days Tuesday and Wednesday. So if I can just get by today, I'm good. Mondays are just blahhhhhh
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles, and got ready for work
As weird as that sounds, that's pretty much it for me! We stopped for groceries on our way home from visiting with Rick's mom last night, so we don't even have to do that tonight. Rick will scoop the boxes today. I'm good. Hoping for an early night tonight.

Mia6 Mia6 We were dealing with the fireworks last night. Between fireworks and the kid who just got a new dirt bike, and the woman across the road who likes her wine just a little too much, the neighborhood has gotten quite loud. The woman likes to sit out on her front porch and hang out on her phone. The problem is that she loves her wine. And the more she drinks, the louder (and more profane) she gets. The other night, somebody yelled, "Hey! Think you could shut up for five minutes? Just five minutes?" Her reply? I can't repeat it on this board. And that was around midnight. Summer in the 'hood, gotta love it!

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1) Brainstorm new ideas for game plot and hopefully write something down.
2) bleach litter boxes of coccidia kittens
3) Watch some netflix with the husband for a quiet evening in.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Shed Day! ETA is 8:00 to 10:00 this morning. We are home and waiting.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, did some quick straightening-up in the living room and kitchen, scooped the boxes
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer about the living room, a quick wipe-down in the bathroom
  • Target later on today
And I think that's pretty much it. I have a vacation day for tomorrow (Wednesday), too, but don't know if I'm taking it yet.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea on deck with the girls
  • Will read again today I hope after taking a few days break. I had a headache from allergies and eye strain but I'm back in buisness. :clap:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Boxes
Tea
Cancelled an appt. Not up for being in a vehicle today. Still need to catch up on sleep from the three nights of Cherry Bombs and M80s. Hannah won't be here so I can rest. Will do a load of throws.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I was going to go into work today. But somehow I managed to not awaken in time. Rick got up, took The Beast out, gave the kids their breakfast, etc. and I never heard a peep of anything. He awakened me as he left for the negotiation meeting at 7:15. Guess I was really tired. I said to Rick that he should have awakened me; his response was that I looked so peaceful, he didn't have the heart.
  • Had to run into UPS in town this morning, so I stopped at the farmers market for corn on the cob and strawberries.
  • Made a small white cake for the strawberries; that's our dessert tonight
  • Working on a bit of laundry
  • Scoop the boxes and get all the trash ready for Rick to take down to the end of the driveway
  • Sweep out the shed; from everybody walking in and out all morning yesterday, a lot of mud/dirt was dragged in. I want to open all the windows, too.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to go into work today. But somehow I managed to not awaken in time. Rick got up, took The Beast out, gave the kids their breakfast, etc. and I never heard a peep of anything. He awakened me as he left for the negotiation meeting at 7:15. Guess I was really tired. I said to Rick that he should have awakened me; his response was that I looked so peaceful, he didn't have the heart.
Awww....sweet Rick. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.