Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Did a load of laundry, sat on the deck with the girls, will walk to the library and Farmer's Market soon, as it is only 3 blocks from here. I hope they have fresh fruit

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and make one liter of soda. i'll also portion into containers and freeze the remainder of the crushed maraschino cherries :yummy: . i'll move a pint container of vegetable shortening back up to the freezer.

i'll likely spend some time with my budget, but not 'pushing myself' today. i got the rest of the 10 face cords of hardwood (firewood) stacked and covered with tarps yesterday, so am tired, and my feet are sore.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and make one liter of soda. i'll also portion into containers and freeze the remainder of the crushed maraschino cherries :yummy: . i'll move a pint container of vegetable shortening back up to the freezer.

i'll likely spend some time with my budget, but not 'pushing myself' today. i got the rest of the 10 face cords of hardwood (firewood) stacked and covered with tarps yesterday, so am tired, and my feet are sore.
Have a rest today as you certainly deserve it. Someone gave me a foot spa and massager. It's wonderful. You put the desired temp of water in it and it keeps that temp. I put fragrant bath salts in and turn it on and it massages my feet.
Feels sooo good. I used it yesterday. I twisted my ankle trying not to step on the Vincie girl and needed to soak that foot. You should pamper yourself today.

where's Pam? Winchester Winchester she's been absent. Hope everything's ok with her. She had mentioned Rick's mom was ill.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
GOOD GRIEF, micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , I'd be dead!

Finalized getting my new phone activated with new company, same number

Waded through 231 emails, by actual count, but only 43 of them needed my actual attention

SOMETIME today, I shall go and chisel the bird nest off of the front door and throw it and the wreath away. The nest is glued to the door with baby birdie poo. Baby birdies poo a LOT!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hi guys!

It's been a long and destructive week around here. Those of you who were in the path of those storms know all about it. Ugly. We didn't even turn the computer on for most of the week. On Wednesday, I came home in the midst of a storm. There were downed trees and branches on the highway. Visibility was next to nothing. There was a downed tree on our road and I had to drive into a neighbor's front yard to avoid it. The tree that we've been babying since the original storm hit it a couple years ago is gone, broken by a storm on Wednesday. And there was a huge branch from another tree in the front yard; Rick spent yesterday playing with the chain saw. I told Rick that, if this keeps up, we won't have any trees left! Usually our mountain to the west of us breaks up the bad storms....the last couple of years, the storms are roaring through the mountains. Lots of downbursts and there was another tornado in the county. Rick even took the cats in carriers to the basement on Tuesday and stuck them below the steps; he figured that would be safest place for them. Needless to say, I didn't even bother to turn the computer on for most of the week.

On Friday, I had the first of two shingles shots and ended up with a really bad reaction: chills, muscle aches, etc. Rick had the reactions, too, but his weren't as bad. So anyway, that's where I've been. It needs to stop with the bad storms. Don't get me wrong; we're lucky. Those in Ohio were not. We're grateful that we're all OK and that all we lost were trees.

Our son called last night. He was sitting on his back porch. One of the storms that hit us yesterday got to them and I could hear the wind start to roar. He was telling me that he was taking the grands to classes (GS has drum class and GD has dance class) on Wednesday. One of the storms started to come through with hail. He ducked in to a car wash for a while, but then, after the hail stopped, turned around and went home. Anyway, last night, we were talking and he said, "OK, Mom, that lightning was too close!" and then I heard the thunder. And we hung up.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, sitting back here with my coffee. Rick stripped the bed and put the sheets in the washer.
  • I have three more loads of laundry to do
  • Vacuum, dust, etc. (We spent pretty much all of yesterday outside, Rick with the chainsaw and me with the lawn mowers. But our outside work is done for the week)
  • I just took a pan of applesauce brownies out of the oven. Some for us and some for my co-workers.
On another note, the shed guys called me on Friday to see where we were with the pad. They're storing a few sheds right now because people are behind with their pads because of the weather. We're done with everything and are waiting on the stone to be delivered. It could be a while for delivery, depending on the weather. They're behind, too. I know the guy who owns the business and he's beside himself because they're so far behind with their deliveries.

ETA: My apologies for missing the QoTD for Friday. With everything else going on, I completely forgot about it! I'm really sorry.

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester said My apologies for missing the QoTD for Friday. With everything else going on, I completely forgot about it! I'm really sorry.
No worries. We're just glad you're back and everything is ok. :welcomeback1::hugs:
I bet you can't wait for your she-shed to arrive. Hopefully it will arrive by the summer solstice so you can have a little party in it with the Beast. :clap:

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • So tired, we had storms that began last night around 8:00pm and didn't end till around 4:00am; all night, rain, thunder and lightning that lit up my room like the North Star. Big Cal was so frightened that she slept on the upstairs bathroom floor, poor baby. Lucky deaf Vincie girl slept soundly all night. Now I need a nap. :yawn:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll tell you, i'm beginning to think these damaging storms, tornados, flooding, fires, and earthquakes......are a bad omen. the US has really been 'hammered', and that earthquake just before you-know-who landed in Japan. now, to see if there'll be something similar in the UK, while that one's there......or maybe protesting or riots.

today i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i've already spent more time with my budget (in addition to yesterday's efforts). i'll make one liter of soda, too.

after that, i'll likely sit down with a nice hot cup of tea and watch some tv. i may play some computer games this evening.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good point micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom ! And that's all I can say, except for :flail::flail::flail:
Back to work today. Rick is off; they'll start negotiating tomorrow again.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 5 miles, and got ready for work
  • We have to grab groceries tonight; we haven't had a thorough grocery order in quite a few weeks again. I need everything. Even salt!
  • Must scoop the boxes, unless Rick does them today
Rick's mom is doing much better, now that they figured out what was really wrong and got her under the proper medication. "Allergies" is not pneumonia! She looked a lot better last night and she was more alert. I put five books on the Nook for her and she was getting ready to read when we left. I knew she was feeling better when we walked in; she looked at me and said, "Are you not doing any baking? No cookies? Nothing?" :lol: I hadn't even sat down yet! I told her about making the applesauce brownies and forgetting to add the sugar; she said, "Well! You should have brought some anyway!" I'll make her some white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies next weekend; she loves them. (I never did get her doughnuts made. Things just got crazy and I never got around to it.)

Mia6 Mia6 NO BEAST IN THE SHED! :tongue:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Have an appt. this morning at Pain Management so have to be ready when the ride service gets here. I don't like this particular service because I've ridden with them twice and both times it's been awful Fingers crossed.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- i'm so glad to hear that your MIL is feeling much better! :yess:

as i did quite a bit yesterday, i've only got a few things to do today. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and make one liter of soda. i may spend some time on a project, too.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and may watch some tv.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good grief, Winchester Winchester , I guess you did forget the QoD! Don't give it a thought!

Today...

Did my monthly grocery shopping. Forgot ground beef, but still have 4# in the freezer

Got all the groceries put away, and had time to relax before TCS!

Actually didn't get sick from the heat, and made it to TCS, and that's a major accomplishment for me!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick's mom is doing much better! Thanks! Mia6 Mia6 Yes, she really is quite the character at times!
I was rather busy at work with a graphics project, but finally finished it this afternoon.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3 miles, sorted laundry, and got ready for work
  • Trash night tonight, so Rick will take care of the boxes
  • Laundry night tonight
And that's pretty much it for today

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've got a loaf of bread making in the bread machine, and i've scooped the litter boxes. i've also washed the dishes.

i'll cool and then slice the loaf of bread, once it's made.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles, and got ready for work
  • Scoop the boxes tonight and do a quick vacuum about the house
  • I still have two loads of laundry to do
And that's pretty much it. When I got out of bed this morning, Rick rolled over and said, "The cats aren't too bad this morning; why are you getting up?" And I said, "Because I have to go to work!" He thought about it, then he said, "Crap. I thought today was Saturday." :lol: No such luck

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and make two liters of soda. i'll spend some time with my budget and on some planning, too.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I love your signature.

We got up about 30 minutes later than usual. Neither of us felt like dragging our butts out of bed. The kids were not amused. Mollipop kept jumping into bed and dive-bombing me. Amber and Pepe were screaming bloody murder. Even The Beast was excited; she needed to go out. We finally decided to save our skins and get up and feed the clan.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3 miles, scooped the boxes, and got ready for work. Working over lunch today and leaving early as the stone is coming for the shed pad.
  • I think I'm going to mow the yard tonight, if everything works out OK
And that's pretty much it.

Status
Not open for further replies.