Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Since she's been under the proper treatment, she's doing better, but her cough is still bad. She definitely does have a UTI. Rick and his sister are going in Tuesday morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, walked four miles and....went back to bed. We're both pooped. When we got back up, Rick stripped the bed and put the sheets in the washer. No more flannel sheets until the cold weather hits again; I switched over to regular sheets.
  • Three loads of laundry, scoop the boxes
  • Work outside for the rest of the day
  • Later on tonight, I'm going to make the brownie base for our Banana Split dessert for tomorrow. I also need to hard-boil some eggs; Rick asked me to make deviled eggs tomorrow. It's been a while since we had them.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester UTIs are awful. I used to get them a lot. They are more difficult to treat in the elderly. Good that they caught it early. Hope she is on the mend soon.
Those deviled eggs sound good. You and Rick have been working hard!
  • Boxes
  • tea x 1
  • feeling a bit rough so went back to bed for a bit while it stormed. Going to read on the deck.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, wow; that is a seriously good chocolate cake! And the peanut frosting is TDF! Now I want some, too! :yummy: Thanks for trying it out!
it certainly is!! :agree: it's also one of the few desserts that can, and often does, 'call to me'. well, i had to delay making the cakes again. :sigh: a load of firewood was delivered yesterday, 10 face cords of hardwood, so i got started on stacking it yesterday afternoon -- for a little over 4 hours. :sweat:

today i washed the dishes, made three liters of soda, and then went to a cookout. i'll scoop the litter boxes, after my cats and my dinners.

i'll watch some tv this evening.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 -- today i held one of a friend's pet rats! just the sweetest little thing, her name is Cookie! :redheartpump: i'd never held a rat before -- just hamsters, guinea pigs, and gerbils.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , aren't they just amazing? Once you get over those tails, they are the cutest things ever! And SO intelligent!

And since you dragged me in here...

Ordered a new grapevine wreath and florals for it, since the baby birds nesting in the current one have pretty much destroyed it (baby birds poop a LOT!)
Started the paperwork to change my last name back to my maiden name
Napped a LOT!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
P1010852.JPG
P1010852.JPG
I hadn't been here for a while, so I had to read quite a bit to get up to speed. There was a comment about how salad fixings don't last, well, mine do. Lettuce gets washed but I leave it as a head and then I put it in the salad spinner to get all the water off. Then I put the spinner in the fridge and whenever I want a salad or just some lettuce for a sandwich I peel leaves off the head. I only use loose leaf lettuce, none of that iceberg for me which I consider to just be crispy water. I usually use 1/2 of a cucumber so the other half gets put on top of the lettuce in the spinner, same with Daikon radish. Half of a tomato or avocado goes into a Tupperware-type container. This way they all last a week or more, lettuce I have had as much as 2 weeks before the edges turn brown and it is still crisp. So I don't know what you all are doing that your salad fixings "turn" before you can eat them.
Yes, I freeze ham also. I buy one of those half deli hams, slice it up, put ca 4 slices in a vacuum bag and suck the air out. Then into the freezer. I've done the same with salami and cheese cubes, also with Swiss cheese and Provolone works pretty good.
Winchester Winchester , the softer cheeses don't work well, so if you use American cheese I can see that that would have a weird texture. Also cheese that is already shredded will stick together so that does not work either.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , do you really drink that much soda? I barely drink one can a day and that is Sprite Zero with a shot of rum, otherwise it's water or iced tea with lemon (I don't drink coffee but every once in awhile). If I were drink that much of anything in a day I'd never get out of the bathroom. I'm not dehydrated, I guess I take in enough fluids in the veggies and fruit I eat.
Sunny California is everything but that these days. It's overcast, it rains, it's cold (well, in the low to high 60s every day), everything in the garden is late, even the farmers at the farmers' market are complaining, we usually have some of them bring lilacs for Mothers' Day from the mountains but not this year, still haven't seen any. But strawberries and now peaches are available and some of them have cherries but those too are late also and not plentiful, the farmers say the sudden cold snap a few months ago made a lot of the blossom fall to the ground before the bees got to them. Yep, there is no such thing as climate change, har di har har. The only good thing is that our aquifers are filling up and so are the reservoirs and they say that next winter will bring even more rain due to El Nino/La Nina. So California is pretty green right now but if it gets really dry later on this year and possibly really hot again we'll have bad wildfires again because all that rain makes all the underbrush and weeds grow, good fuel for wildfires.
So I went to the farmers' market this morning, picked up some meds from the pharmacy, changed the bag in the LitterRobot, fed the carnivores, picked up 3 empty boxes from behind the big paint store (they leave them out for people who are moving, sometimes broken down so they will fit in a trunk) and packed one more box, had a small lunch of salad with some chicken and took a nap with kitties scrunched up next to me. Watched a cheesy movie on Hallmark and then settled down making some jewelry for a neighbor, something for her to remember me by when I am gone. It's made from tiger-eye stones, a necklace, earrings and a bracelet.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
View attachment 286421 View attachment 286421 I hadn't been here for a while, so I had to read quite a bit to get up to speed. There was a comment about how salad fixings don't last, well, mine do. Lettuce gets washed but I leave it as a head and then I put it in the salad spinner to get all the water off. Then I put the spinner in the fridge and whenever I want a salad or just some lettuce for a sandwich I peel leaves off the head. I only use loose leaf lettuce, none of that iceberg for me which I consider to just be crispy water. I usually use 1/2 of a cucumber so the other half gets put on top of the lettuce in the spinner, same with Daikon radish. Half of a tomato or avocado goes into a Tupperware-type container. This way they all last a week or more, lettuce I have had as much as 2 weeks before the edges turn brown and it is still crisp. So I don't know what you all are doing that your salad fixings "turn" before you can eat them.
Yes, I freeze ham also. I buy one of those half deli hams, slice it up, put ca 4 slices in a vacuum bag and suck the air out. Then into the freezer. I've done the same with salami and cheese cubes, also with Swiss cheese and Provolone works pretty good.
Winchester Winchester , the softer cheeses don't work well, so if you use American cheese I can see that that would have a weird texture. Also cheese that is already shredded will stick together so that does not work either.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , do you really drink that much soda? I barely drink one can a day and that is Sprite Zero with a shot of rum, otherwise it's water or iced tea with lemon (I don't drink coffee but every once in awhile). If I were drink that much of anything in a day I'd never get out of the bathroom. I'm not dehydrated, I guess I take in enough fluids in the veggies and fruit I eat.
Sunny California is everything but that these days. It's overcast, it rains, it's cold (well, in the low to high 60s every day), everything in the garden is late, even the farmers at the farmers' market are complaining, we usually have some of them bring lilacs for Mothers' Day from the mountains but not this year, still haven't seen any. But strawberries and now peaches are available and some of them have cherries but those too are late also and not plentiful, the farmers say the sudden cold snap a few months ago made a lot of the blossom fall to the ground before the bees got to them. Yep, there is no such thing as climate change, har di har har. The only good thing is that our aquifers are filling up and so are the reservoirs and they say that next winter will bring even more rain due to El Nino/La Nina. So California is pretty green right now but if it gets really dry later on this year and possibly really hot again we'll have bad wildfires again because all that rain makes all the underbrush and weeds grow, good fuel for wildfires.
So I went to the farmers' market this morning, picked up some meds from the pharmacy, changed the bag in the LitterRobot, fed the carnivores, picked up 3 empty boxes from behind the big paint store (they leave them out for people who are moving, sometimes broken down so they will fit in a trunk) and packed one more box, had a small lunch of salad with some chicken and took a nap with kitties scrunched up next to me. Watched a cheesy movie on Hallmark and then settled down making some jewelry for a neighbor, something for her to remember me by when I am gone. It's made from tiger-eye stones, a necklace, earrings and a bracelet.
I don't know what's going on here, the pic was supposed to be at the bottom and only once. I think there is something wrong with the service provider because all kinds of weird things are happening, I get some strip going on all the time saying that this, that and the other advertising is waiting, my screen goes back to my wallpaper unannounced when I have not done anything but stare at the screen and then goes back to what I had been looking at, a message comes up that I have no internet but the icon on the bottom of the screen says that I am connected and on and on. The internet provider is flaky anyway but there is nothing I can do about it, it is also really, really slow but this is all they will provide. Same is with the TV reception, the picture falls apart, freezes or the notice comes up in the middle of a program that there is no signal, then comes back after a short while, but that's not on all the channels and not at all times. I do hope that I won't have those problems when I get to Reno.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt I really like your jewelry. It's very pretty. I hope you can get your computer/internet service straightened out.

I had a hard time sleeping last night. Muffin puked up a hairball. While she was doing that, Mollipop went after her; Muffin slipped and fell into her puke. Rick cleaned the mess up, but didn't realize what happened. Muffin jumped into bed, I went to put my arm around her and......ewwwww. Got out of bed, took her over to the bathroom, grabbed some paper towels, and cleaned her up. Dried her off and she was fine. I gave her a bit of a brushing this morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked five miles, and am sitting back here with my coffee. Rick emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes and took care of the recycling.
  • A quick vacuum and then I'll start cooking for dinner tonight
  • We have to lay 12 more blocks at the shed pad, then we're done with that part.
I'm hoping for an early night.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Started the preliminary work towards getting my last name changed back to my maiden name
Did a load of laundry
Reset my TV to factory settings and signed back into all of my apps on it...and THAT was a JOB!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 -- yes, just really darling! i avoided touching the tail......i suppose because you'd mentioned that before, and i was enjoying holding Cookie. :D

segelkatt segelkatt -- not really very much soda daily. i have a limit of 50 to 70 fluid ounces per day of liquids -- kidney issues. i do go over that when i've been doing things outdoors and sweating a lot.

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. then i'll get the two pans of beef burrito casserole made. i'll wash the dishes from making that, too.

it's raining here today, so i'll be indoors.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll make two liters of soda, wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll also slice/wrap/label/freeze one of the pans of beef burrito casserole, vacuum seal in usable portions the remainder of the corn tortillas, and spend some time on my budget.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the 80 something with mild dementia Aunt’s house to get her ironing board out of the house. She didn’t think it folded down, but of course it did so job done in 20 seconds. Made a trip to the thrift store and picked up an awesome bookcase for $1. A little cleaning and scratch repair and it is perfect. I also went to the park to buy my pass and permit to metal detect in the lake. Now all I need is warm weather!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cleaned the baseboards with my new baseboard cleaner (well...that was kinda playing)

Turned on the jelly fish tank for Hekitty (and must remember to turn it off again once her rapt watching ceases)

Called the pharmacy to remind them that they forgot to deliver yesterday.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom is 90 years old, legally blind and has hoarding tendencies. Cleaned her fridge and freezer (still trying not to gag), went grocery shopping for her and put all the groceries away. Done for the day.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom is 90 years old, legally blind and has hoarding tendencies. Cleaned her fridge and freezer (still trying not to gag), went grocery shopping for her and put all the groceries away. Done for the day.
I also have hoarding tendencies when it comes to food. My sister told me yesterday that she would come over and clean out my fridge for me. My freezer is so packed I cannot get another thing in there. When everything is cleaned up I am going to get a new fridge and a small freezer for the kitchen so I will have more room to put stuff.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I also have hoarding tendencies when it comes to food. My sister told me yesterday that she would come over and clean out my fridge for me. My freezer is so packed I cannot get another thing in there. When everything is cleaned up I am going to get a new fridge and a small freezer for the kitchen so I will have more room to put stuff.
My mom went from a small fridge and freezer to a much larger one a few years ago, but it didn’t change how packed it was. It just gave her more room to save things.

Status
Not open for further replies.