Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've made 3 liters of soda (didn't end up making the two liters yesterday, so had all three liters to make today), moved some cold cuts to the fridge to thaw, and have scooped the litter boxes. i also made a phone call.

i'll wash the dishes, spend some time with my budget and on some planning.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My co-worker gave me the first season of Game of Thrones and insists that I try to watch it. He has all of the seasons but the last, so, if I like it, I can go from one season to the next. I tried to watch it last night....lasted about 15 minutes before I fell asleep. I'll try it again tonight.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and I'm sitting back here with my coffee
  • Must do banking and I need to stop at the store for broccoli for broccoli salad for Sunday (Rick's mom is really hungry for broccoli salad, so I thought I'd make some for us to go with our supper tomorrow and take some to her. I use her recipe and it's really good.)
  • I did get the yard mowed last night with the riding mower, so I'll go around this afternoon and trim with the push mower. Rick got the chain saw out again last night, so I need to move more branches. I need to do some serious weeding in the flower beds, too; with all the rain we're having, it's hard to keep up.
  • Make the dough for white chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies (to be baked Sunday morning). They're one of Rick's mom's favorite cookies, so we'll take some up to her tomorrow night.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • boxes
  • tea on deck
  • will do a few loads of smalls, and relax re coop from Tuesdays trip to the Pain Clinic. She wrote enough prescriptions so I won't have to go back till September unless something untoward happens

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've made one liter of soda, moved some dinner servings and dessert servings to the fridge to thaw, and have scooped the litter boxes. i'll wash the dishes not long from now.

after that, i'll play some computer games, and watch some tv.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Let's see...

The floors are clean.

The house is dusted

I wrote a letter to the Coca Cola company and explained that after 60+ years of drinking ONLY Coca Cola products, I would be boycotting them until they end their association with the violently abusive Fair Oaks Farm. And I strongly urge all of you to do the same.

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was up most of the night worrying about and checking on one of our cats (Clyde) who hadn't eaten or drank for 36 hours.:frown:

Called the vet as soon as they opened and made an appointment for Clyde.

Went to the vet where he checked him for possible causes. No signs of urinary or bowel blockage. Mouth/teeth were fine. Couldn't feel anything unusual in his abdomen. They are doing a full blood panel on him, gave him some subcutaneous fluid and gave him a Cerenia injection (painkiller). We'll have the blood results Monday.

When we got home, Clyde went right to the food dish of dry food and ate some. Each afternoon, we split a can of Friskies amongst our 4 cats. Clyde was right there and ate a bunch. I don't know if the fluid did the trick or what. We'll keep him on wet food for the weekend and see if the blood test identifies any problem.

Cats.....a great mystery :confused:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
VinceL VinceL I'm glad Clyde is feeling like eating again. It's always scary when they won't eat and especially when they won't drink anything. I hope it's over now and you can relax.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 FairLife milk is being pulled from store shelves because of the abuse. I have to tell you that I didn't watch the videos. You can add me to the list of non-Coke drinkers. Not even to help with a migraine. No more.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Rick stripped the bed and threw the sheets in the washer; I'll make the bed with fresh sheets in a little while.
  • Three loads of laundry
  • Scoop the boxes
  • I did get the dough made for the white chip and macadamia nut cookies last night, so will bake them this morning. I also need to make broccoli salad to go with dinner tonight
  • Go out and work in the flowerbeds a bit and I need to do some clipping
  • Visit with Rick's mom

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've moved a 6-pack of english muffins to the fridge to thaw, and scooped the litter boxes.

i'll wash the dishes, make one liter of soda, and move a couple pints of milk to the fridge to thaw.

after that, i'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I was up most of the night worrying about and checking on one of our cats (Clyde) who hadn't eaten or drank for 36 hours.:frown:

Called the vet as soon as they opened and made an appointment for Clyde.

Went to the vet where he checked him for possible causes. No signs of urinary or bowel blockage. Mouth/teeth were fine. Couldn't feel anything unusual in his abdomen. They are doing a full blood panel on him, gave him some subcutaneous fluid and gave him a Cerenia injection (painkiller). We'll have the blood results Monday.

When we got home, Clyde went right to the food dish of dry food and ate some. Each afternoon, we split a can of Friskies amongst our 4 cats. Clyde was right there and ate a bunch. I don't know if the fluid did the trick or what. We'll keep him on wet food for the weekend and see if the blood test identifies any problem.

Cats.....a great mystery :confused:
My Vincie girl will not eat for a long period of time,( 24-48hrs), and because of her being 18 and 13 months old, by this time I know it's probably a hair ball so I'll put a dab of Vaseline of A&D Ointment on her nose and she usually passes the within a day. Yes, they are a mystery. I hope Clyde is ok.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • boxes
  • tea
  • washing a few throws that have tons of cat hair on them, will read this afternoon, maybe go to my sister's for dinner

VinceL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Winchester and Mia6,

Thanks for your concern about Clyde.

Last night he slept in bed with us for awhile, and today he has been jumping up on furniture (which he didn't do on Friday or Saturday). He was enthusiastic about eating this morning. He is still not completely back to normal, but is acting more like his usual self. We eagerly await a phone call from the vet on Monday about his blood work.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Last night he slept in bed with us for awhile, and today he has been jumping up on furniture (which he didn't do on Friday or Saturday). He was enthusiastic about eating this morning. He is still not completely back to normal, but is acting more like his usual self. We eagerly await a phone call from the vet on Monday about his blood work.
Oh, sounds like he is on the mend. I think cats and dogs can get little stomach viruses as we can but since they cannot talk the doc has to figure it out I'm the same way, I worry when the Vincie girl or Big Cal don't eat.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester and Mia6,

Thanks for your concern about Clyde.

Last night he slept in bed with us for awhile, and today he has been jumping up on furniture (which he didn't do on Friday or Saturday). He was enthusiastic about eating this morning. He is still not
completely back to normal, but is acting more like his usual self. We eagerly await a phone call from the vet on Monday about his blood work.
Your cats are beautiful.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I hope Coke is correcting the problem. I would hate to have to give up my diet cokes.
I drink Coke but will stop if this doesn't end.

• Boxes
  • Tea
  • Words with Friends; I'm excited because Hannah is going to make Winchester Winchester 's recipe for Mac&Cheese with tomatoes. My mother used to make this for me as a comfort food.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 I really hope you enjoy the mac and cheese as much as we do!
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Done! I sent out an email last night. No answer....yet.

We're done with the pad. I never want to see another stone for the rest of my life. And to be fair, Rick did it. But by mowing the yard, trimming, clipping, and doing some weeding around, I like to think that I did something to "help". With four blown disks in my lower back, it's really hard for me to shovel stone. I just can't. Needless to say, Rick is too pooped to pip. When I left for work this morning, he was back in bed, snoring away.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked four miles, and got ready for work
  • Planning commission meeting tonight
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes
I'm hoping for an early night.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and make a gallon pitcher of cold sweetened tea. i'll also do some printing, and spend a little time on my budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.