Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Nice micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom 3 pounds of marshmallows. Did you ever try to make your own? They're really easy to make and they taste yummy, too.

We finally got to Lowes last night. We choose an exterior door and a screen door as possibilities, but I'm still going to keep looking online. The guy is coming on Monday night to measure the opening and to see what all needs to be done. Rick said he doesn't want to deal with the installation, so we'll just have Lowes do it. Then we can order the doors. (I'd like to do the window, too, but Rick said to wait for now. That's fine.) We'll put it all on the Lowes charge to get the 5% off, then i'll walk up to the cashier and pay it. Saves us a little money anyway. I saved some of my Christmas club from last year toward doors and that should cover the cost.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work. I stopped for gas on my way in.
  • Rick did get most of the laundry done yesterday; there's just a small load of whites left and I'll run them tonight
  • Must scoop the boxes
  • Supernatural is new tonight. And since Rick is bowling, I'll spend some time playing Nintendo. I really do love my Nintendo, but only get to play it on Thursday nights when Rick isn't home.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea x 2
  • Kept an eye on the girls because they wanted out for bit, they came back in with wet feet, dried them off, put some laundry in.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- i've never made homemade marshmallows, though i remember reading that you make them sometimes. i may very well try making some, at some point! :agree:

yesterday i made the fudge. i had planned on making one variation on a recipe yesterday, and a second variation today. i decided that if i could, i'd go ahead and make it all yesterday...which is what i did. so i now have cherry vanilla fudge, cherry carob fudge, and a little vanilla walnut fudge in the freezer. that vanilla walnut fudge was me using up the last of the can of evaporated milk and (second bag of) marshmallows. and i'm a little closer to completing the desserts i'm putting up for the hot summer months. :yess:

today i've kept the wood stove going.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and fold/put away that dryer load (the second load of laundry). i'll make two liters of soda, and will pre-measure for two upcoming baked items recipes.

after that, i'll likely play some computer games, and continue with a jigsaw puzzle.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 Thanks! I'm started to get excited about the shed! I have never had a place that was just mine.

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Yes, I make my own marshmallows; they're really good. How does your fudge keep in the freezer? Do you have any problems with it?

I'm tired this morning. It's been a long week. Supernatural was not new last night, so I played Nintendo until Rick got home from bowling, and then hit the bed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, and got ready for work
  • Pick up meds at the CVS at Target tonight (or tomorrow morning, depending on how lazy we are tonight)
  • Scoop the boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<snip>

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Yes, I make my own marshmallows; they're really good. How does your fudge keep in the freezer? Do you have any problems with it?

<snip>
the various types of fudge i've made have all kept very well in the freezer. no problems with flavor or texture being negatively effected from having been frozen. i really like being able to pull out a group of 6 or 8 little squares of fudge to enjoy, every so often. :yummy:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Worked so hard in the garden yesterday so that today I will do as little as possible.
Unloaded the dishwasher (I always make sure everything is in there the night before so that I will have a clean kitchen first thing in the morning, I think there is nothing grosser than seeing a pile of dirty dishes and the counter loaded down with them first thing in the morning)
Fed the kitties
Ate a piece of mint-chocolate cake for breakfast (what's wrong with having cake for breakfast? People eat panCAKES for breakfast, don't they?)
Took a hot bath instead of a shower and then watched the Golden Girls on Hallmark, feeling all warm and relaxed and not planning on doing anything the rest of the day. Oh yes, and I put on nice jeans and a new blouse for a change instead of baggy old jeans and a ratty old t-shirt which I have lived in for the last few days because I have been working in the garden which is coming along nicely. I feel rather good being dressed decently.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt You were busy! Take the day off!

I like fudge, but have trouble making it. It tends to "seize" on me. @Mother Dragon gave me a good recipe for fudge and that worked out. But normally, fudge and I do not get along.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee (Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap)
  • Errands: banking, Target, Lowes, (maybe) the mall
  • Vacuum and a quick Swiffer, wipe down kitchen and bathroom
  • If the weather holds -- it's supposed to rain -- we'll go outside for a while and get some yard work done

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I thought I broke the Dysun yesterday. I couldn't get it to stand up, had no suction, nothing. Turns out that I picked up a long white "thing" that got caught in a bend at the bottom. It stopped it from standing and that's why no suction. Once Rick cleaned it out, it worked fine. Whew! But he had been outside, so I just left it on the living room floor; later on in the afternoon, when he came back in, he found the problem. Meanwhile, I swept the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and computer room with the broom. Now, today I'll take the vacuum to the house.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked about 1.5 miles (so far), and am in the computer room with my coffee. Rick stripped the bed down and threw the sheets in the washer.
  • Sorted laundry and just put the second load in the washer
  • We have to go up to Rick's mom today. She wants her summer clothes out and for us to put her winter clothes away. She also asked me about doughnuts, but I haven't made them yet.
  • I'm thinking about making a shoofly cake. Rick's mom is hungry for shoofly pie, but my shoofly pies aren't the greatest. I thought that if I'd make a small 9-inch cake, that would be enough for Rick and me, with a huge chunk for his mom. And it would give her a shoofly "taste" if nothing else.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I've kept the wood stove going low and slow. I've also got the frozen bananas set out to get along in their thawing faster.

I'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. Then I'll get those two It Won't Last Cakes baked. For those who might be interested, that recipe can be found at allrecipes dot com.

after that, I'll play some computer games, continue with a jigsaw puzzle, and watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester The shoofly cake sounds amazing. I like it better than the pie. I'll give you my addy and you can send x 2. :flail::lol: How is your toe?
Sure! I can give you a cake! Or two! I've mailed out a Honey Bun Cake to my buddy in Minnesota twice a year for years; it's just recently that I stopped because he was diagnosed with Type II diabetes. Sometimes it got there in better shape than other times. One time, it was pretty much crumbs. He ate it anyway, threw chunks of cake into a large bowl, added milk, and said it was absolutely delicious. :lol:

Toe is OK, thanks. It still hurts, but I was able to wear boots for the first time yesterday. I'm going to lose the nail, but the swelling is finally starting to go down. It still really hurts, esp when I try to curl it.

We are to get a bit of snow tonight. While it was fairly warm yesterday, the wind was nasty. It was really gusting around the yard. Rick finally got tired of dealing with it, came in the house, and that was that. I hear it gusting this morning, too. Enough! I thought March was to go out like a lamb. :disappointed:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year our April was so very cold, then May was a record breaker for being the hottest ever recorded, so who knows anymore?
  • Going to do some laundry

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I broke the Dysun yesterday. I couldn't get it to stand up, had no suction, nothing. Turns out that I picked up a long white "thing" that got caught in a bend at the bottom. It stopped it from standing and that's why no suction. Once Rick cleaned it out, it worked fine. Whew! But he had been outside, so I just left it on the living room floor; later on in the afternoon, when he came back in, he found the problem. Meanwhile, I swept the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and

I thought I

broke the Dysun yesterday. I couldn't get it to stand up, had no suction, nothing. Turns out that I picked up a long white "thing" that got caught in a bend at the bottom. It stopped it from standing and that's why no suction. Once Rick cleaned it out, it worked fine. Whew! But he had been outside, so I just left it on the living room floor; later on in the afternoon, when he came back in, he found the problem. Meanwhile, I swept the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and computer room with the broom. Now, today I'll take the vacuum to the house.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked about 1.5 miles (so far), and am in the computer room with my coffee. Rick stripped the bed down and threw the sheets in the washer.
  • We have to go up to Rick's mom today. She wants her summer clothes out and for us to put her winter clothes away. She also asked me about doughnuts, but I haven't made them yet.
  • I'm thinking about making a shoofly cake. Rick's mom is hungry for shoofly pie, but my shoofly pies aren't the greatest. I thought that if I'd make a small 9-inch cake, that would be enough for Rick and me, with a huge chunk for his mom. And it would give her a shoofly "taste" if nothing else.
Your husband and mother-in-law are so lucky to have you.

computer room with the broom. Now, today I'll take the vacuum to the house.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked about 1.5 miles (so far), and am in the computer room with my coffee. Rick stripped the

• bed down and threw the sheets in the washer.
I thought I broke the Dysun yesterday. I couldn't get it to stand up, had no suction, nothing. Turns out that I picked up a long white "thing" that got caught in a bend at the bottom. It stopped it from standing and that's why no suction. Once Rick cleaned it out, it worked fine. Whew! But he had been outside, so I just left it on the living room floor; later on in the afternoon, when he came back in, he found the problem. Meanwhile, I swept the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and computer room with the broom. Now, today I'll take the vacuum to the house.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I don't know what shofly pie is but I do make a mean cheese cake.
More work yesterday as I got 4 bags of compost and then planted tomatoes, cucumbers and bell peppers. I then covered up the little pants with bottomless milk bottles to keep critters from eating them. The gopher bait seems to have worked as I have seen no new holes in the garden beds. So I don't have anything to do today, taking that well deserved day of rest as the corn seeds are soaking so that I can put those into the ground tomorrow.
Of course I still have to feed kitties and myself but as I have plenty of prepared meals in the freezer I can just nuke those instead of cooking and the LitterRobot saves me from scooping. So I will sit outside in the sunshine with a book and a drink and enjoy a day off from any kind of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.