Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Great picture, m3rma1d m3rma1d !

It's supposed to rain pretty much all day today. The nor-easter is here. So we will be working on indoor stuff; well, Rick will be watching college football pretty much all day.
  • Breakfast for the kids, ran the dishwasher, did some general straightening in the kitchen, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap
  • Must run errands this morning: banking, a Mennonite store for cinnamon hearts and candy teaberries for baking later on, a trip to the mall
  • Thinking of making soft pretzels with my sourdough discards today; we haven't had soft pretzels in a while
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer
I'm thinking about starting to clean off the hutch and the shelves at the kitchen sink. I'll be starting to do the kitchen for Christmas on Veterans Day weekend and that's only a couple weeks away. Gosh, I can't believe it's time to starting about Christmas already! And I'm excited!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've added some wood to the wood stove, and have worked on some planning briefly.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and move a couple pints of milk to the fridge to thaw.

this afternoon i'll spend some time with my budget, and continue with some planning.

after that, i'll play some computer games and then watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking of an apple coffee cake this morning. Rick is napping on the couch and, since the Eagles are playing at 9:30 this morning (from the UK, I think), he can enjoy his iced coffee and some cake while he watches the football game.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and sorted laundry. Rick stripped the bed and threw the sheets in the washer.
  • Working on my second load of laundry
  • Make the above-mentioned apple coffee cake
  • Wipe down the kitchen and bath and Swiffer around the living room and kitchen a bit
  • We may go outside this afternoon to work on cleaning up the flower beds for winter. But it's still drizzling right now.
Oh, it turns out that Rick has a "knot" in his muscle at his lower back. He's on meds and he does loosening-up exercises, kind of like what I have to do when that piriformis muscle acts up on me.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- i'm glad to hear that it's nothing more serious, that's going on with your DH's back. :agree: having had back pain before, i know it's quite painful. :cringe:

today i've spent several hours on a project, and spent some time with my budget. i have the wood stove going, too. it's raining here today, but not the heavy rain of yesterday.

shortly, i'll get the sauce made, pour it over the stuffed peppers, and into the extra large toaster oven it'll go. i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'll play some computer games and then watch something on tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom We bought a heating pad yesterday to see if that would help.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, general clean-up, and got ready for work
  • Grab a few groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Back pain is no fun at all :headshake: I'm still dealing with lingering issues from throwing out my back at the last (:censored:) job. A heat pad helps. I use one of the cats' SnuggleSafe pads. I also have a sock filled with rice that I microwave.

Already called the vet to give an update on the cats. So far no new issues:crossfingers:

Another day at work. I'm pretty much running the facility since the supervisor is out sick. I can handle it :agree: We have VIPs visiting again today so the entire office will be in the lab space today. It'll be busy and loud.

I need to stop by CVS after work today to pick up a few things.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Hope your work day went well with the VIPs coming in. Rick says the heating pad does help. He moves around at work a lot during the day, but at night, he stiffens back up. The muscle relaxant he's taking before bed knocks him out; he doesn't hear much until his cell phone rings at 4:45.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, made the bed, did some straightening-up, and got ready for work
  • Clarence and I stopped for gas on the way into work this morning. Looks like I'll be able to drive him into November this year.
  • Scoop boxes tonight and do a quick vacuum
Not a lot going on; I may try to shoot for an early night.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Busy day as usual:
7 am leave to take fosters for alter
At work at 8 30
2:00 leave to pick up MIL for doctor appt.
Hopefully be home by 4
Leave to go pick up fosters during rush hour. Hopefully back by 5:30
Sew to get a couple more things ready for my craft show Sat.

7:30 get MIL supper and to bed
Sorry I can't say just 3 things

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Wow R rgwanner You were busy yesterday. Hope today is better for you. Hope the fosters are OK, too.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, general clean-up, sorted laundry, got ready for work
  • Mailed our property taxes on my way to work
  • I'd like to walk over to our farmers' market today over lunch: mushrooms, green peppers, a couple butternut squashes, sweet potatoes, and garlic. And anything that might strike my fancy.
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got everything done even though it took a little longer. The kittens are good, thanks for asking
Today, besides work, I just have to
1. Put up laundry

2 Go bank

3 Straighten bathroom

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
R rgwanner I'm glad the little ones made it through. Good job!
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, general clean-up, got ready for work
  • I'd like to hit Dollar Tree tonight while Rick is bowling. I'm looking for decorative glass jars for Christmas; Michael's has them, but I don't want to pay that much. I'm hoping Dollar Tree has some that are less expensive. And while I'm down there, I'll go into Ollie's and look around their cookbook section. (Ollie's is a discount place; their motto is "Good Stuff Cheap". While I wouldn't buy much there, I do check out their cookbooks from time to time. They might have some glass jars, too.)
  • Scoop the boxes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Didn't make it to Dollar Tree or Ollie's last night. Rick had to bowl and he said he'd go with me if I waited until tonight to go. So we're going to go for dinner, then hit the stores.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, general clean-up, got ready for work
  • Do some shopping tonight (go out for dinner)
  • Scoop boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's been a very busy week here, i've done all the major things that needed doing. i got the two closets reorganized and supplies moved into them to store, finished that yesterday. so i've just got a bunch of relatively minor things to do today.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and get the wood stove going at some point -- it's forecast to get to upper 50's today, so may not need to keep it going until this evening.

two phone calls to make today. and have already moved some cold cuts to the fridge to thaw.

i may spend some time with my budget, and on some planning this afternoon -- but we'll see.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's raining again (still?), so not much going on here this morning. We're visiting with friends for dinner. This afternoon, if it's not raining, my GF wants Rick to put up two birdhouses, a salt lick, and a corn feeder; her husband has dementia and she's hoping these things might keep him a bit occupied. Rick said that, as long as he doesn't throw his back out, he'll be able to get them outside for her. We're staying for dinner and I'm to bring dessert. I don't know what to make; I want to make maple sticky buns Sunday morning (so they're fresh to take to Rick's mother Sunday evening) and so I don't want to make much today. I'm thinking of a pumpkin custard.....it takes like pumpkin pie but no crust. I've made it before and it's really quite good.
  • Breakfast for the kids, running the dishwasher now, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap
  • Make the pumpkin custard
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer about the house

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i ended up doing several other things yesterday afternoon, so will be spending time with the budget today after getting the household chores done. if it doesn't get too late, i'll work on some planning too.

i've made a phone call, and have added more wood to the wood stove. i also moved 3 bags of AP flour from the freezer up to the storage bin, and the last 3 bags of same are now in the freezer (for 24 hours). it's raining here, too. :sigh:

i'll wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

after time spent with the budget (and possibly on some planning), i'll watch something on tv.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom What kind of flour do you prefer? I use King Arthur most of the time, but when Gold Medal is on sale, I'll buy several bags and throw them in the freezer. Two 5-pound bags of flour will easily fit into a 2-gallon freezer bag.

Outlander tonight! :yess:

Rick did the bird feeders and such up yesterday for our friends without killing his back in the process. We had dinner and we came home around 9:00 last night. It was a nice visit. They're coming down to us for Thanksgiving. My GF's husband is between stages 3 and 4 of dementia; so far he still knows both Rick and me. He doesn't carry on much in the way of conversation, but he and I can always find something to talk about. Yesterday, while Rick and my GF were outside, he and I were sitting in the living room, watching football and chatting. He remembers more of things that happened years ago than what happened last week. We talked about where we used to work and I tried to help him remember people. It's difficult. And it's really hard for me because I worked with him for a long time before I ever met his wife. They are good friends. (I think if we ever get to the point where he looks at me and says, "Who are you?", I'll probably break down.)
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, the second load of laundry is in the washer now, and I'm sitting back here with my coffee.
  • Making maple sticky buns this morning
  • The girls will all get their ears cleaned, Molli and Tabby will also get their claws clipped, and The Beast will get a bath. I'm sure I'll end up with a bath along with The Beast! Then she will get to wear her new collar.
  • Some yard work this afternoon: mowing and raking leaves, all that good stuff. The yard is covered, but there are still plenty of leaves on the trees. We haven't had a heavy frost yet and the grass is still growing....but slowly. It does need to be mowed.
  • Visit with Rick's mom tonight
  • At some point tonight, I need to do my nails

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- for all purpose flour, i just use Aldi's brand, and have had no issues with it. for bread flours, white and multigrain, i buy from Honeyville in bulk.

i've always used 1 gallon zipper bags to store my bread flours. :dunno: that seems like it's enough to handle at one time -- moving it from freezer to storage bin, then back to the kitchen to use. i save and reuse my gallon zipper bags used for bread flour, until they pop a hole in them or such.

today i've got wood added to the wood stove, and have moved the last 3 bags of AP flour from the freezer to the storage bin.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and make 3 liters of soda. i'll fold and put away the load of laundry in the dryer.

after that, i'll play some computer games and then watch some tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.