Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we were forecast to get 3-5 inches of snow last night, and 3-7 inches today......we got about 1-2 inches, that didn't melt shortly after it hit the ground. that's mostly gone now, just a thick dusting of snow on the grass left. :yess:

so, no snow shoveling for me today! :D

i located some seasoned hardwood firewood to buy and that will be delivered -- 6 face cords. i had bought that 8 1/2 face cords of 'green' wood, but that won't be seasoned, ready to use until next winter. in the meantime, i needed seasoned hardwood to go with the seasoned 'slab' wood i have. i'll need to be...frugal with my wood use this winter, to make it last through as much of the winter as possible.

you see, the place i have always bought my firewood from burned down last winter. they did rebuild, and that's where i got that 'green' wood from, but all their seasoned firewood was lost during the fire. :bawling: they sell firewood, and manufacture wood pallets and wooden crates (those really large ones, used during apple harvesting). they'll have seasoned firewood available next year, but also be ready to deliver 'green' wood in the spring/early summer, when i usually have it delivered -- and will be seasoned by the fall.

i also washed the dishes, and scooped the litter boxes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
TWC reduced their forecast for us to 4-8 inches, so that's a lot better than what they originally said. Rick brought me into work this morning and then he took the Tucson to his work; it's AWD, so it works out better that way for us. He'll be picking me up this afternoon, probably when the snow will be at its worst.
  • Breakfast for the kids, I emptied the dishwasher and then we got ready for work
  • Walked 3-3/4 miles this morning outside at work
  • We'll probably be shoveling snow tonight
  • We're not sure yet if Rick will be bowling; if so, I'll play Nintendo tonight. If he's not, I'll be back in bed with the girls and my nose in a book

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've got the wood stove going, and have made a phone call.

this afternoon i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and move another quart of milk to the freezer. i'll make some more brown sugar -- will be baking tomorrow. and i'll roast two buttercup squash in the oven.

we got our snow last night, 5-6 inches. very pretty to look at out the window! :D

later this afternoon, i'll watch some tv.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I cancelled having someone over on Monday because I don't want them bringing fleas to their home.

Then I called the exterminator and rescheduled having him come do the estimate. He can come Monday now:)

Right now I'm listening music working on a playlist as a reward. But I have plenty on my to do list. But right now I'm taking some time to browse the forums and sing a bit just for fun and sanity.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We were spared shoveling the driveway. We came home from work yesterday and our neighbor had plowed us out. Bless his heart. Rick will walk up early this afternoon to pay him. And by that time, I'll have some pumpkin bars for him and his wife to enjoy. We were not looking forward to shoveling that driveway out last night.
  • Breakfast for the kids, I emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here drinking my morning coffee. Rick hit the couch with the electric heating pad; his back is really bothering him, the carpal tunnel is bothering him and his hip hurts this morning. He's also coming down with a cold. I'm going to make another batch of pumpkin bars; most of them will go to our neighbor and to my sister and BIL.
  • Must do some banking and run errands this morning. I need some white lights with a white cord for the TWT. I think PennState plays at noon today, so we'll have to be home in time for the game.
  • Scoop boxes, vacuum, etc

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The repair weenie (:redtongue:to Winchester Winchester for getting "weenie" stuck in my head) just came today to "diagnose" the issue with my above-the-stove microwave / stove vent. It's the same problem as last time: the vent and boost buttons don't work because the part that is supposed to hit the microchip board thingy are broken (cheap plastic). I'm still under warranty so there's no charge to get replacement parts.

I just started the first load of laundry.

I need to go to the supermarket. First I need to find a recipe for next week's dinner. I may just end up baking some chicken thighs with slices of lemon or making a one pot pasta or some sort. After today I'm not going to the supermarket until the day after Thanksgiving. I'm not dealing with the crowds elbowing each other for groceries and spots in the check out line :noway:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Repair weenie? :flail::flail::flail:

Our snow is melting. Yesterday, the water was running so fast through the gutters that it almost sounded like it was drizzling. It can all melt, for all I care. And not come back!
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, sorted laundry and am working on the second load, have butter in the microwave softening to make sugar cookies in the shapes of pumpkins and turkeys. (We were at a local restaurant/bakery/store last night and I found a cute snowflake cookie cutter. Dear Richard looked at me and said, "In all your cookie cutter collections, you don't have a snowflake cookie cutter?" And I really don't. But now I do! And I may cut out some snowflakes this morning, in honor of our first snowstorm.) The cookies will be frozen for a tray for Thanksgiving.
  • I never get out anything with snowflakes until after the first snow. I guess I'm paranoid that, if I get snowflakes out, then it'll snow. But since we already got our first snow, we got out the red flannel sheets with snowflakes this morning and I put them on the bed. And I'm washing the red tablecloth with snowflakes and we'll start using that, too.
  • Rick said he'll put up the TWT this afternoon while watching football. We bought some white lights (LEDs) with white cords last night because the new tree is not prelit. When he's done arranging the tree, I'll decorate it.
  • We are not visiting with Rick's mom tonight because, while Rick does not have a sore throat, he's still hoarse and he's coughing. Best to stay away. So I'm going to have a bit of a spa night tonight, followed by Outlander.
  • And then bed!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, the repair weenie :p

I forgot that one of the two bus routes that drops me off at the corner at work doesn't run on Sundays:doh: The other bus runs every hour on Sundays. I just missed one and didn't want to wait an hour for the next one so I hopped on a bus that took me almost all the way and walked the rest of the way.

I ended up going to Trader Joe's after work. It wasn't too crowded.

I opted to take the shuttle bus from the nearby train station back to where I need to take a bus that gets me halfway home. Then I stopped by CVS and the ATM before getting on the last bus that takes me almost home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick has to work OT every day this week to make up for having Thursday and Friday off work. That means I'm in Big Charge of getting the Beast outside when I get home from work. She's pretty good about me taking her out. Rick shoveled a long path for her in the snow. She'll pee OK in the path, but when it's time for her to bunk (poop), she'll bound out through the snow and bunk there. (I don't know what the neighbors think when she's out there messing around and I say, "Jackie, bunk!" :) )

The TWT is put together and the lights are on it, but the branches aren't "foofed-out" yet. So we still have to primp and then I'll decorate it. So far, it looks really nice and much than the old tree. It's starting to look like Christmas around here!
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles (and, for some reason, those miles seemed to take forever this morning), made the bed, and got ready for work
  • Groceries at some point tonight
  • I'd like to go into Lowes, if we can find some time. I found some deer figurines at Lowes on Saturday night. I liked them, but Rick wanted to check out another store. They had some, but I like these more. So I'm going back and I hope they still have them.
  • Scoop boxes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I made it down to Lowes last night to get the reindeer I wanted and they're hanging out in the bathroom right now. They were down to the last two pair, so I got one. My GF is thinking about going down tonight to buy the remaining pair; I texted her a picture of them and she likes them, too.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, made the bed, general clean-up, and got ready for work
  • Must run out to the natural food store during lunch to buy pecan halves for my Chocolate Salted Caramel Pecan Pie
  • Planning Commission meeting tonight after work
  • Scoop the boxes and do a quick vacuum

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Busy day today. I'm leaving work early to get some stuff done around the house.
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 4 miles, sorted laundry, and got ready for work
  • Stopped for gas for the Tucson and stopped at the grocery store for some last-minute items. Both places are just packed with people!
  • When I get home, I need to get the chunky applesauce, the cranberry relish, the sugar cookies, and the pumpkin crescent rolls out of the freezer. Make and cool the turkey brine; I'm just going to put the brine out on the deck to cool down. Make the cornbread for the crock pot stuffing. Toast the pecans
  • Tonight, make the pumpkin pie, the chocolate salted caramel pecan pie, the gravy, and dice up a ton of onions, celery, etc. to use tomorrow in my recipes. I also need to make sweetened and unsweetened/decaf iced tea. Decorate the sugar cookies.
  • I have four loads of laundry to work on and it's trash night, too. Rick will take care of the trash and litter boxes.
  • Oh, and at some point, I want to decorate the TWT. Rick finally got it poofed-out, so it's ready.
  • I'll stick the turkey in the brine around midnight or so. It will be fine in the cooler in the basement as it's quite cold. We have lots of ice, so we're good.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I got everything done, except for decorating the TWT. Maybe this morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, sitting with my morning coffee
  • I ordered 15 pails of Tidy Cats from PetSmart. I hope they don't cancel the order on me like they did last year. We're still going out to PetSmart on Black Friday to get more, just in case the order is cancelled.
  • Dinner is at 4:00 this afternoon. I'm going to have to get started on food prep. Rick will scoop and do a vacuum when he gets up from his nap. I'll do a quick Swiffer around the kitchen, living room, and bathroom. The main cleaning and dusting will be this weekend, when we start decorating the house.
  • Look through the Black Friday ads tonight after our friends leave and work on lists for tomorrow's shopping.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Currently at work :sigh: One of the drawbacks of being an essential employee, especially one in a very small start up. I'll get started soon. It's not much.I took a Lyft ride in but will take the bus back if I can get the timing right. I hate Sunday/ holiday bus schedules:cringe:

If CVS is open (it's a 24 hour one so maybe?), I'll stop by for toothpaste and just browse until the next bus arrives. It's freezing outside :cold:

Take a nap when I get home :sleep: I'm not going anywhere for Thanksgiving. My family has never really celebrated the holiday and lately there's just no point in going and dealing with the drama and :censored: I've reached my limit and have to set my boundaries.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would rather work a holiday here than a holiday at the previous job. There, it was a normal full day of work:angrywoman:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
When I worked at the paper plant, we worked all holidays, except for Labor Day and Christmas Day. I hated it.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick is scooping boxes now, and I'm enjoying my morning coffee.
  • Hopefully, the living room Christmas tree will go up today. We may not get it decorated tonight as we want to visit with Rick's mom, but if we get it up today, we can spend tomorrow afternoon decorating. I'd like to get the kitchen completely finished today. A lot depends on how Rick feels; he was down pretty much all day yesterday with a bad sinus headache.
  • I'd like to go through Amazon to see what I may want to order on Cyber Monday. It's basically for the grands at this point.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hated working last Christmas because the entire :censored: team decided that I would be the one working:angrywoman: It's not a team decision if I wasn't included :yelling:

Did my Small Business Saturday shopping. The local artist co-op has so many nice handmade things:agree:

Stopped by the library on the way back to pick up an item I requested.

Checked my bank accounts online because I got a strange text message from Staples confirming an order. I never order online from Staples. There's nothing in my bank accounts listing Staples so I guess someone entered their phone number wrong when placing an order?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've taken the trash out (earlier, because it's forecast to rain...and it's now raining), and have kept the wood stove going.

shortly, i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and fold/put away the load of laundry in the dryer. after that, i'll spend time with my budget and on some planning.

this evening, i'll watch something on tv or play some computer games.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Too much today...
*Played a bit with Geoffrey!!!
*Swiffered
*regular morning stuff
*3 loads of laundry
*cleaned my bathroom
*made my T-day meal: turkey breast, stuffing, gravy, squash, cranberry sauce.. yum

tired now....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I hated working last Christmas because the entire :censored: team decided that I would be the one working:angrywoman: It's not a team decision if I wasn't included :yelling:
The guys did that to me a few years ago. We used to have to set up a display at a local fair and we each had to spend a night at the display. The guys all got together to decide when they were going to do their night.....and then told me I was doing Friday night. Excuse me? Seriously? That went over like the proverbial lead balloon and I let them know I was not amused. Somebody else volunteered to do Friday because I outright refused. But, you know, I probably would have volunteered for Friday....the key word is "volunteer".....had I actually had a say in the matter.

Anyway, Rick and I are both a little pooped this morning. We ended up staying way too late last night (something I hardly ever do anymore) and, of course, Pepe started in screaming for breakfast way too early. The tree is up in the living room and we'll decorate it this afternoon. I spent yesterday taking down pictures to put up our Christmas pictures, put up wreaths, etc. while Rick worked on putting the tree together.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap, working on the first of three loads of laundry
  • Decorate the living room tree today and then vacuum up all the glitter and such
  • We didn't visit with Rick's mom last night because there were some slippery spots (our driveway was quite icy) and we didn't feel like going out. We'll run in tonight
  • Rick has been hinting around that all the cookies are gone and it's just not the holidays without cookies. That's my cue.

Status
Not open for further replies.