Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good job micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom ! This morning, I looked on the orchard's website and Mutsus are in the Bin Porch now. I'm hoping to get down next weekend. The problem is that Grannies won't be ready until late Oct/early Nov, so if I want them, I'll have to make a second trip to the Gettysburg area for apples.

I took a vacation day today (and maybe tomorrow, too).
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes
  • Just put the second load of laundry into the dryer (didn't bother with laundry last night when I realized I was on vacation today)
  • Hair appt this morning
  • Must run blood pressure readings to my doctor, Target for meds, might do a wee bit of shopping
  • Maybe a quick vacuum and Swiffer about the living room and kitchen

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, Winchester Winchester ! :) that's so exciting, that the Mutsu's are ready there!! i just love apple season! here, there are trucks carrying crates of apples up the road i live on (multiple trucks throughout each day), and they come back not long after on their way to go collect more crates of apples. :hyper:

today i've baked the two German Apple Cakes (they're cooling now), washed the dishes, and scooped the litter boxes. shortly, i'll move yesterday's batch of apple sauce (in containers, in the fridge now) to the freezer. then i'll slice the cakes, wrap slices individually, put them in large zipper bags with labels, and into the freezer.

later today, i'll make a loaf of bread machine bread, make a couple phone calls, and work on some planning/organizing.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I decided to come into work today and save my vacation day for another time.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed my shower
  • Some errands tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap
  • Banking and other errands
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer
  • Going to wash Clarence this afternoon and clean the inside: vacuum, wash windows, clean the mats, etc.
  • Rick is going down to the kids late this afternoon; he is spending the night there and tomorrow morning, he and our grandson are going to the drags for the day. He'll be back home late Sunday night. The kids want out ping-pong table. We're going to drag it out of its spot in the basement and see what it looks like. If it's in good shape, we'll load it onto the truck and Rick will take it down with him.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and have the loaf of bread machine bread baking now. later today, probably early afternoon, i'll work on the planning/organizing that i wasn't able to get done yesterday.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, planning on cleaning/picking up a bit.. will see how far I get!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
last night after work
Grocery store-some veggies/quinoa/brown rice- the nutritionist told Jon to try gluten free for 2 weeks to see if that helps inflammation calm down
- made some scrambled hamburger, quinoa/rice and some teriyaki beef skewers I bought a month ago/defrosted.
-swept/washed kitchen floor, washed rugs on floor, spot cleaned some stains on carpet I had already done but didn't like how it came out.
-boxed up more books for the book recycling bin,

Today. shower, cat stuff, Work. Go to gym afterwards. cat stuff. bed

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular Morning Stuff, which includes all of Artie's meds, brushing, trying to play..

Cleaned!!!
Kitchen, top to bottom, steamed washed the floor, along with the entry way..
Swiffered, dusted, steam cleaned great room, moving as much furniture as I could
Cleaned my bathroom top to bottom
stripped my bed, turned mattress--not flipping just turning. I do a lot of it with my legs (knees)
Washed bedsheets, and replaced them
Washed some white clothes.. and steam mop covers... used 2 of them.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Sitting here, drinking my coffee, and waiting for it to get light enough that I can go into the basement to start the laundry...it's ready to go, but I'm not going downstairs until dawn breaks and I can see. artiemom artiemom I just flipped the mattress last month when Rick was in Vegas.

Rick went down to the kids last night and he is taking our son and grandson to the drag races today. He'll be home late tonight. I wanted to go to spend time with our granddaughter, but it meant boarding The Beast, trying to get the petsitters to come in twice today and it wasn't worth dealing with the whole pet thing. So I'm the petsitter, I guess. I'm always the petsitter.
  • Took The Beast out for her morning pee, breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher
  • Stripped the bed, separated laundry
  • Walk around the yard later on this morning, deadheading flowers, doing a bit of weeding, nothing major as we are very, very dry again and our forecast is bright and sunny with a high at 90 degrees.
  • Vacuum, dust, I finally got around to getting a few fall-ish things out of storage in the basement, just need to wash them......and find some room somewhere in this kitchen. In a couple of weeks, I'll be getting out some Halloween stuff already!
  • Work on grocery list and coupons to get ready for grocery shopping tomorrow
  • Manicure tonight.....I bought the OPI Iceland collection when I was at Ultra on Thursday and am excited to try the colors. Hair mask tonight (before the manicure, that is).

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scooped boxes
Made tea
Will celebrate my birthday this evening at my sister's house.:party::musicnote:
happy birthday!!! :bday:

today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and did some research online. shortly, i'll slice the loaf of bread machine bread (made yesterday). later, probably this afternoon, i'll watch some tv and read for a while.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday!! :bday:

Today:
Up early for Church
Daily morning stuff-- including Artie's meds, and attempt at brushing & playing
quick vacuum in bedrooms and Artie's bathroom
read newspaper
took car for a wash
listening to music on stereo
lazing around...........

I think a couple of neighbors are coming over later.. but, we will see.. has been in the planning stage for a week....whatever...

For some strange reason, I am on the verge of a migraine.. Can feel it on 'edge' all day..

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday after work:
Grocery store real quick,
come home-put stuff away
tackle my library and office. Moved one shelf of books from one room to another, put unwanted books in boxes, hauled to back of truck, cleaned up various piles of books I had all over my library-the floor is now cleared of clutter..tossed some stuff out into the garden-some frog ceramics I kept for some silly reason-now they are in the garden..and if they get trampled so be it.
Honeybee got her puffs, Pumps got her gabapentin which she HATED.
Scoop boxes, get ready for today- pumps meds, my lunch

today after work- dump books at book bin in parking lot of Harley Davidson-text books and hard covers I won't read in this lifetime.
Come home=water my petunias=soo dry..my garden looks like heck. The butterfly bush is just about all dried up-already watered it a ton=just going to let it go..lots of ticked off bumble bees and butterflies...wish water was free. Got some collected in wheelbarrow-gonna dump it on there tonight.
if it's too hot I will go back into library and do more sorting and moving office junk around-feels good purging stuff..I need a dumpster...and slap on head for collecting thousands of books.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A very Happy Birthday to you! :party2:
  • Breakfast for the kids, 1 mile on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes
  • A bit of grocery shopping tonight

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday Mia6 Mia6 !!

Yesterday after work- dumped books at bin-very hot out.
went home-let cats out when sun behind trees.
water the tomatoes and the last blooming petunia pot and ones growing wild.
moved more junk out of my library-sifted through 3 boxes-priced/moved to discard pile. Sweat like crazy.

Tonight I will dump more stuff off at my booth-got about 12 boxes of books to get put up on the shelves
Store for lettuce/meat
home to make something to eat-probably a spinach salad and bake some pork or something.
If time I will sort through some more books.
Got two big piles for someone who wants them.

Cat stuff of course.
I hope to get the vacuuming done soon but right now too hot even with AC running..trash night tues night so I want to dump cat boxes and wash out. Never enough time.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today will just be making meals for kitties and myself, watch some tv or a movie, and read. that's it!

i did everything yesterday. we're good with litter box scooping until tonight (late Tuesday night), which starts my day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We've put the fan back in the bedroom window to cool things down a bit during the night. But by around 4:00 in the morning or so, it's downright chilly in the bedroom. We keep the windows open throughout the house, so before I leave for work, I have to go around and shut all the windows, shut the living room drapes, etc.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 1.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes, a quick shower
  • We may visit with Rick's mother tonight

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Doing laundry right now.
Pick up things off the porch and outside. We will get some wind and rain from Maria.
Set up the sewing machine, cut and hem a pair of pants for hubby.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, did some kitchen clean-up, grabbed my shower
  • Ordered 5 pounds of pecans online this morning (with the decimation of pecan trees due to the hurricane, Rick told me to get them while I could). I'll bag them up in 2-cup bags, then toss them in the freezer. Pecans will be horribly expensive soon. Gosh, I wish I liked black walnuts; there's a ton of them on the ground again.
  • Trash night (not much in the way of laundry as Rick took an afternoon's voluntary lay-off at work, so he did it yesterday....he said he probably would come home early today, too)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Rick is bowling tonight; while he's gone, I may do a bit of shopping: Target, Michael's, B B & B.
  • Must scoop tonight as I didn't get it done this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.