Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think the wall is great!

So, I awakened Monday morning at 2:00 with one of the worst migraines I've had in a long time. This one was really bad and I spent the morning between the bed and the bathroom. I had nothing in my stomach, but my stomach insisted that I did. I finally got up and got dressed around 1:30 or so. Got a few things done around the house, but the migraine came back with a vengeance, only this time on the left side of my face. By 8:00, after completely emptying out my stomach yet again, I went to bed and stayed there for the rest of my night. And that was my Labor Day.

Still there this morning, but very minor. As long as I don't have to bend down at all, I should be OK. I hope it doesn't get worse as the day goes on; if it does, I'll just have to go back to bed when I get home from work. I'm eating my oatmeal as I type, so that's a good sign. And I've had my coffee, another good sign. Yesterday, even the thought of coffee made me nauseous; I made coffee for my BBQ sauce, but couldn't drink any of it. I'm thinking of walking back to the cafe and grabbing a Coke with lots of ice.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed a shower
  • Got to work, finally remembered to call the cable company and we now have STARZ added to our line-up (Season 3 of Outlander starts this coming Sunday night! They currently have a 1/2-price sale for six months, so I took it. I know there are some shows that Rick likes, too, and a few movies here and there.). Also called the repair-guru (does that sound better than a weenie? :lol: ). He gets back from vacation today and she said he should call me Wed or Thurs for an appt for the dryer.
  • Never worked up a grocery list over the weekend, so I'll have to do that today. A few groceries tonight.
And that's pretty much my day today. I'm hoping for a quiet day and a peaceful night. I'll probably go to bed early.

ETA: I'm going to have to admit that I think chocolate is one of the causes of my migraines. I've been thinking about it for quite a while now, but didn't want to come out and say it because.....aw, heck, it's chocolate for crying out loud. I love chocolate. I dearly love chocolate.

On Sunday morning, I made these caramel-filled chocolate pecan cookies. They were really quite good, made with Twix bars. I had a few more cookies than I should have and I ate a few leftover Twix bars. All in all, it was a lot of chocolate. And Sunday morning....boom! Migraine. It's not the first time it's happened after a chocolate binge either. As much as I hate to admit it, I do think chocolate is a trigger. (Just take me out and shoot me now because a life without chocolate is no life at all.)

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
was busy this weekend. Sat priced books and paid the rent.
Sunday rained=priced more books and read a book
Monday started clearing out the office. omg. not even 1/4 way done-lots of trash from boxes and stuff I had piled up-broke them down and got some more books moved out. Got about 4 boxes for thrift store. rest in my truck to shop.
Today is slow day- grocery store for orange juice and lunches, then tractor supply for cat food. oh bottle water too.

Tomorrow is jons appointment then I plan on going to the shop to unload the many bags of books.

tonight I am going to relax. Back acting up.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat Strange, you should mention back pain.. my back is really sore today. I really look like an elderly woman, when I was getting out of the car.

Yesterday, I washed the windows, inside and out, moved as much furniture as I could out of the great room, did a very good vacuum to it, and then steam mopped it.. also washed a couple loads of laundry.

Back was a bit stiff yesterday, but worked out.. today it is really bad.

As far as Irma goes: I think it is too early to predict that we may be in it's path. I do not think they know... the southern states are in preparation.

Living along the beach, I am always prepared for power outages. I have lived through the Blizzard of 78, the Great Blackout of 64 or was it 67? so I am ready.

I have tons of food and water for me.. my car has at least 1/2 tank of gas, at all times, I do have litter for Artie, I think I have enough meds for him, and myself. I have a lot of spring water in here. Just have to get a few more cans of food for Artie...

and then..wait for the forecast...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
They're not completely sure about Irma yet, about the final track she will take. One model did have it coming up along the coast and then turning in around Delaware or so and coming up through.....that would hit us. Fortunately, we've not had a ton of rain. I haven't seen that particular track, though, for a while now. Guess we'll find out.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, 1/5 miles on the treadmill, general clean-up, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Trash night tonight
  • Laundry night- I'll probably do a small load of underwear and such, things I can easily hang in the bathroom. If need be, I can run a load of tees and hang them in the basement.
  • A quick vacuum in the living room and kitchen, mainly to pick up fur as The Beast must be going through another bad shedding period.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Eye exam for me today.. therefore, a very lazy day watching, a free STARZ preview on Comcast... Catching up on Season 2 of Outlander....

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and made a loaf of bread machine bread. i also paid a bill. later today, probably early afternoon, i'll re-pre-measure out for bread machine bread batches. i'll also slice the loaf of bread that's cooling right now.

well, after receiving the replacement gallon of paint and the can said 'Ultra Pure White' on it, and calling home depot's customer service, it ended up that that is indeed the right paint color. let me explain. first, bear in mind that my eyesight isn't what it was when i was younger.

what Behr does, and the paint i ordered from home depot is shipped directly from Behr, is to use the Ultra Pure White as the base and then add squirts of whatever colors to make the color of paint you order. now, they do mark the can......on a little green sticker stuck onto the lid, which i couldn't make out any readable print on it. :paperbag: after talking with the customer service woman, very nice lady too, i took a (much, much) closer look at that little green sticker, at which point i could make out that it was indeed marked Ceylon Cream. i did mention that green sticker on the lid when i talked with customer service about the first gallon of paint, which was returned. yes, probably need glasses, but that will have to wait until after the dental work.

so, i have the Ceylon Cream paint. now i just have to wait until the rain stops and it's clear for a day. i'll paint the two planks -- two coats (i'll check on them in 2-3 days, to see if i'll need to do a third coat), let them dry for about a week in the mini barn, then choose the better of the two and reinstall it. i'll probably give it another 5-7 days on the wall to dry, then install the cat wall furniture.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm starting to have some serious eye issues, too; it comes with age, darn it. The surveyors insist upon emailing me a huge plan sheet that's 26 x 36 inches, compressed into a PDF that is 11 x 17 inches so that I can do a courtesy review. I just shake my head and do the best I can. I've actually been using the flashlight on my phone to try to see the really, really small print. Yesterday, my boss and I were sitting there trying to read the blasted plan; he looked at me and said, "Can you actually read this thing?" It's rough sometimes. And it's frustrating. I feel your (eye) pain.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, general straightening-up, grabbed my shower
  • Call doctor for follow-up appt for blood pressure problems
  • Didn't get to vacuum last night due to our Lowes visit, so will do that tonight while Rick is bowling

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
yesterday was busy.
Tuesday night got stuff ready for trash day Wed-they never came to get trash-still tons of trash to toss but we only put out two cans at a time-this gives me time to work on my junk for an hour a day but I didn't do any yesterday.

Spend 90 min at doctors for Jon. He tore his rotator cuff and lied how long ago he did it. The doc was good and explained things well. Listened to both of us. I said I am worried about his body pain and that he used to run circles around me and now he's barely keeping up with me. So they sent him for chest x rays, tetnis shot, blood work, set up pt for arm-said he needs surgery to fix it. Doctor told him medicare won't pay for it unless pt is done-which makes no sense to me-it is expensive and you have to pay X amount. Gave a script for shingles shot. Tons of stuff discussed. He didn't eat or take his pills yesterday before the appointment so he was pretty sore yesterday...he still up all night tossing and turning..hopefully we hear something Friday or sooner...because I am really worried about him.

when we got back- fixed lunch, laid down, watched tv-pouring rain out-took a nap!! read a book and didn't do much.

my back was fine yesterday morning. foot is better as long as I don't stand all day. going for walk today at lunch if not raining.

watching forecast and checking in with friends to make sure they are ok.

I should go to the gym tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- you know it may just be being tired, that and the impossible to read microscopic print on labels and such that's so common these days. but as you said, could easily simply be part of aging. i do use a hand held magnifying glass, and also have a pair of magnifying glasses that i wear occasionally. those seem to do the job quite well for me.

today i scooped the litter boxes, and sliced the bread machine bread. later this morning, i'll wash the dishes, and do that re-pre-measuring of bread machine bread batches. that didn't happen yesterday, other things came up that needed dealing with.

one of those things was our Punky's encounter with a bee or wasp (i squished it quickly, so couldn't tell which it was). she had let out a little cry in the next room, so i checked on her and found her leaning over and watching a bee/wasp that was crawling along the floor. i knew to kill it immediately, before Punky (or DeeDee) got a hold of it (again), otherwise they'd eat the thing. our girl was occasionally licking her mouth, so i think the thing 'got a little piece of' her. i took a look inside her mouth, and all generally looked well there. i called our vet to get a bit more info on what to look for as far as a serious reaction to a sting. they told me that i should see signs of a serious reaction in 30-60 minutes from the sting happening, otherwise just to keep an eye on her. of course, they also said to go to the e-vet should a serious reaction occur. i live about an hour's drive from the closest e-vet, and i don't drive so that means waiting for a taxi to get out here to 'the sticks'. well, she has been fine, it's been 10 hours since, so i'm pretty sure that she's going to be fine.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm so glad she's OK. Many, many years ago, when our BooBoo was a wee kitten, he ate a spider. On the way down, the spider bit the inside of his throat. He just started screaming terribly. I called the vet and said we were on our way down. They had to give him a shot and plopped him into an oxygen tent. It was touch-and-go for a while and we were scared to death we were going to lose him. The next morning, our vet called, "Pam, you wanna come down and take this boy home? He's screaming for breakfast and he won't eat what we have!" I took the day off work, went down and brought Mr. Boo home. It was really scary, so I understand where you're coming from. :hugs:

I was up rather late last night (for me, anyway), so I'm a little pooped this morning.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed a quick shower
  • Rick is stopping off at the pool place after work to pick up winter chemicals for the pool, so I'm taking care of The Beast when I get home. We never cashed my paycheck from last week, so we have to do that tonight.
  • And I'm going to sit within arm's reach of my phone as they're supposed to call today for the delivery schedule of the dryer tomorrow....you can well bet I want to be available for that phone call! :lol:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm coughing my fool head off now with this cold. Rick kept telling me it is allergies; well, that may be what he had, but even my doctor on Thursday leaned over to me and whispered in my ear, "Pam, your husband is full of ****; you have a cold!" :) And now I'm at the coughing stage and it's not pretty. I was up all night last night coughing and blowing my nose. Ick. No fever, no sore throat anymore, just a nose that doesn't know if it wants to run or get stuffy and a cough that won't quit.
  • Breakfast for the furkids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, Rick will scoop boxes and take the recycling down to the basement when he gets up from his nap He also has to do some banking; we still haven't managed to cash my paycheck and he needs to deposit from money. I paid for the dryer repair bill out of my account and I need to get reimbursed for that, too.
  • It's dryer day! :hyper: Lowes called last night and said they'll be here sometime between 8:00 and noon. I have four pretty nice-sized loads of laundry on the hallway floor, waiting to be done. The cats are having a field day, running through the laundry; Muffin likes to burrow down in a pile and then attack an unsuspecting cat when she walks by. It's made for an interesting morning, especially when one time, it was Mollipop who walked by.....the woman was not amused; I think she jumped five feet in the air.
  • I have the cooked thickener for my peanut butter frosting cooling as I type and the chocolate cake is in the oven for dinner tonight with friends. I will make the mac and cheese so I can take it out of the oven right before we leave.
  • I think Dear Richard will have to do mowing today while I run the washer and dryer and take care of folding and putting away clothes. While I'm doing that, a quick vacuum and Swiffer about the house can be done, too. I want to clean the bathroom while I'm at it.
And I think that will be it for our day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick got the yard mowed yesterday while I was in the house cleaning and doing laundry. Today he's going to trim with the push mower.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick stripped the bed and I put the bed linens in the washer. He will scoop the boxes when he gets up from his morning nap.
  • Three loads of laundry today: the bed linens, a load of towels, and a load of kitty blankies and such
  • Clarence needs a bath this afternoon
  • Manicure tonight
I plan to be in bed by 8:00 for the Season 3 beginning of Outlander :hyper:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lazy day :biggrin:

I think I'm going to go to Petco to stock up on NV cans that are on sale. Then to the supermarket to buy stuff for dinner. Then just lounge with the cats and a book I took out from the library :read:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed
  • Not too much going on tonight that I'm aware of. We should probably visit with Rick's mother; I wasn't in last week because of that cold, so I'm overdue.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, general kitchen clean-up
  • Trash night
  • Laundry night (I have it separated on the hallway floor), three loads....only two if I push it

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- Abby is off to the vet this morning for her shot. I'm also going to have them check out a bump on her tail.
- I need to send the tomatoes I roasted for spaghetti sauce yesterday through the food processor and then freeze them.
- Lots of errands, including Fedex and UPs for pickups.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm so glad she's OK. Many, many years ago, when our BooBoo was a wee kitten, he ate a spider. On the way down, the spider bit the inside of his throat. He just started screaming terribly. I called the vet and said we were on our way down. They had to give him a shot and plopped him into an oxygen tent. It was touch-and-go for a while and we were scared to death we were going to lose him. The next morning, our vet called, "Pam, you wanna come down and take this boy home? He's screaming for breakfast and he won't eat what we have!" I took the day off work, went down and brought Mr. Boo home. It was really scary, so I understand where you're coming from. :hugs:

<snip>
thank you! i'm very relieved that our Punky is fine too! i actually thought of you and your Boo with the spider bite, when Punky got stung.

coming up today, my plan is to puree the apple butter (bubbling away in the slow cooker right now!) and then portion/freeze it. i'm hoping to also bake two 9x13 pans of apple dumplings today, but i'll have to see if the pie crust dough discs thaw enough. if those aren't thawed enough, i'll go ahead with baking the two Dutch Apple Bundt Cakes -- will cool them overnight, then slice, wrap, and freeze. i bought a bushel of assorted varieties 'seconds' as well as a peck of McIntosh apples yesterday, so will be 'putting those up' in various forms over the next several days. tomorrow is the exception, that's my birthday so will be a quiet day with my cats. i'll also wash the dishes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom what's your Dutch Apple Bundt Cake like? Is it like a coffee cake? Would you mind sharing the recipe, please?

I didn't get the laundry done last night. Rick's mom called; somehow her shampoo and conditioner got missing and she needed new bottles. NOW. The crappy stuff that the nursing home uses makes her scalp itch. So we did the trash, grabbed a quick bite, headed into the store and up to visit for a while. We stopped for an ice cream cone on the way back home and, til we got home, it was too late to start doing wash. (She also asked me if I had made cookies lately and the last time was the Sunday before Labor Day and Dear Richard made sure she had some of them. I'll try to make some cookies this weekend for her.)
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, some general clean-up
  • The laundry that I didn't do last night
  • I'd like to go down to BB & B tonight, but don't know if I'll get there

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom what's your Dutch Apple Bundt Cake like? Is it like a coffee cake? Would you mind sharing the recipe, please?

<snip>
the Dutch Apple Bundt Cake is made with cake batter and a middle layer of thin sliced apples (peeled and cored) with cinnamon and sugar. so it's batter on the bottom, then the apples mixture, and top with the rest of the batter. it's incredibly tasty! i suppose it could be used as a 'coffee cake', but i use it as a dessert cake. here's the recipe -- Bundt Dutch Apple Cake Recipe it's a little more...dense than a layer cake.

i end up with a small pool of cinnamon, sugar, and juice from the apples in the mixing bowl i mix those together in. after using the sliced apples-cinnamon-sugar in the cake, i save the liquid and use it to sweeten my cream of wheat for 2 or 3 breakfasts. i just hate to waste it.

today i've sliced the loaf of bread machine bread, sliced a loaf of banana bread, washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and cleaned up 4 kitty barfs.

our Punky vomited up (something, looked like maybe a dried up leaf piece but was dark brown in a little clear liquid), and then vomited up her whole next meal. so i gave her tummy a few hours to settle down, then gave her a small amount of jar baby food (ham and gravy, all my cat's favorite flavor) with a crushed 1/4 tablet of pepcid ac mixed into it. that was almost 2 1/2 hours ago, and no vomiting so far. she's napping comfortably right now.

later today, i'll move diced sweet bell peppers (from the baking sheet they're on in the freezer) to a gallon zipper bag, and back to the freezer. i'll also move the 4 pints of apple butter, and the Dutch Apple Bundt Cakes slices (wrapped individually) to the freezer. i may go ahead and pre-measure the filling for the apple dumplings as well as the sugar-spices mixture for the second batch of apple butter today, so it'll be ready for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.