Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We were very disappointed last night; the kitchen guy never showed up. Not only did he not show up, he never bothered to call us either. Rick waited about an hour or so, then he tried to call him. He left a message. He said maybe he got the date mixed-up, but he doesn't think so. Well, the house got a vacuuming and a quick Swiffer and the bathroom got wiped down, so it wasn't a total loss.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, general clean-up, sorted laundry, grabbed my shower
  • Trash night
  • Laundry night (I didn't get the load done that I wanted to last night, so there are three smallish loads tonight)

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, I was disappointed also. The tub re-glazers never showed up at my place. I got a phone call from my super at 3pm, saying they were done for the day, and would not be in Today, (Wednesday). I stayed home for nothing!!!

Today, I am getting all my errands in, so a busy day.

They have to do my place both tomorrow, and Friday, because, next week is a very busy week for me. I have to be here when they come in, to kind of supervise, ask questions and remedy any damages (dust,etc) which will occur...

Have to bug the super again and tell her that......man, why can't anyone do things when they are scheduled? Why are people/contractors, so unreliable???

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
why can't anyone do things when they are scheduled? Why are people/contractors, so unreliable???
i think because they get away with it. and in my experience, they really don't like when the customer holds them to their set start dates either. like when i had my new roof put on. it was october and they had to tear off the old roof, leaving nothing but my ceilings (inside the house) and the old insulation on overnight. i insisted they get started, so that one overnight wouldn't be in november. as it was, it was very cold (frigid, by my standards -- having Raynaud's) that one night.

well, i got the sports drink powders made......:sweat: this time i made 7 flavors, the equivalent of double my usual amount. that took 6 1/2 hours from start through clean up. but, now i'm set until early january! :woo:

i washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes. later today i'll pre-measure the dry ingredients for the pizza dough, and slice the pepperoni -- for the pizza i'll be making tonight. after that i'll do some more research for another project. if i'm lucky, i'll find the time to watch a tv show today. oh, and the trash and recycling needs taking out too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well, I'm calling the bathroom guy this morning. It won't be pretty. I'd get fired so fast it would make my head spin if I treated a client that way. Even if something happened, a phone call would have been proper. Rick tried to call him all day yesterday and got nothing. If I can't reach him, then I will reach his boss. Or I will be spending my lunch hour at that store. One or the other.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, general straightening-up, grabbed my shower
  • Call the bathroom-weenie
  • Call to refill a prescription and the pick said prescription up tonight at Target
I'll be glad when this week is over. I'm really tired this morning. So was Rick.....he says he's going to retire next July. I have a feeling, he may retire at the end of this year as he's really getting tired of the whole work thing now.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I called the bathroom weenie. Got no answer, left a message. Got no answer, so I called the manager of the store. She didn't seem to care one way or another. "So sorry, I'll see what's going on and he'll call you back today!" And got nothing. I think Dear Richard is going to stop in on his way home from work. Meanwhile, I'm calling another store in the area that deals with kitchens and bathrooms to set up an appt with them.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2 miles on the treadmill this morning, made the bed, scooped the boxes, and grabbed a quick (really quick!) shower
  • Call the kitchen-bath store to set up an appt
  • Must hit Target tonight for that prescription (I didn't get there last night, so have to go tonight). While we're down there, I want to stop at B B and B and (maybe) Michael's.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laundry, supermarket run, phone calls, moved a bank account over to a higher interest rate account, just figured out how to update my direct deposit bank info so did that using my new bank account info.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday was Rick's mom's birthday.....she is 96 years old. Doing fairly well, considering her age. We went to visit with her last night and she was disappointed that I had no cookies or sweets for her. I'm going to have to bake this weekend so that I can take something up to her. She loved those cookies last weekend; she thought they were wonderful. She said that, "Pam bakes a darned good cookie!". :lol: I don't know where I'd be if I didn't bake cookies; Rick would probably divorce me and his mother would probably disown me!
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed (no treadmill this morning, taking the day off), Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap
  • Banking this morning
  • We're going to a Home remodeling show this afternoon

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a Happy Birthday to your MIL, Winchester Winchester ! :bday:

today i just have to freeze the bit of leftover pizza sauce -- that's it! i did everything yesterday, including scooping the litter boxes around mid afternoon -- we have 4 extra large storage bin litter boxes (the equivalent of 8+ regular sized litter trays) for my 3, so we're fine until this evening.

so i'll watch some tv shows or a movie, and probably read :cloud9: for a while too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom ! Gosh, I can't imagine being 96 years old.

It's raining this morning. We had nothing but strong, gusty winds throughout the day yesterday. I spent the afternoon picking up yet more black walnuts in the yard. I'm sure yesterday's wind shook the rest of the walnuts from the tree, so I'll have to get out there again. I think this will be the fifth time that I've gathered walnuts; we've never gotten so many walnuts from that tree. I'm sure my Dad is chuckling at me from somewhere; he knew how much I disliked walnuts. We really need the rain, so I'm not going to complain about it.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, 2 miles on the treadmill, stripped the bed, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his morning nap
  • Working on the second of three loads of laundry (one load is just cat stuff: blankies and pillowcases, so it won't be that much). I'm going to put the same sheets on the bed, once they're out of the dryer.
  • Manicure tonight....I cut all my fingernails down since I broke one. I like to keep them the same length. But I still need to put polish on them; if I don't, then I bite them!
Not doing much else today. I have Monday off for the Columbus Day holiday, so I'll get my housework done tomorrow since Rick will be at work; I can get more stuff done that way. (It's hard to vacuum or dust in the living room when there's a football game on tv; it's akin to blasphemy or something. :) )

Oh crap! I just heard a walnut fall! Evidently, they're not all shaken off the tree from yesterday!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Off work today for the Columbus Day holiday. As Rick left for work, he told me to enjoy my "bogus" holiday. He doesn't like that I get many holidays off work and he doesn't, so he calls them "bogus" holidays. He said he was thinking about taking off work today, too, but I told him to get his butt into work. I need to clean the house and I can't do it when he's home! He left, but he was doing a lot of muttering on his way out the door. So on that note:
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, 3 very sweaty, sticky miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and scooped the boxes
  • Vacuum, dust throughout the house
  • Wipe down the kitchen and the bathroom, de-scale the Keurig, take everything off the kitchen counters, clean them with granite cleaner, and then put it all back
  • Get some Halloween stuff out for the kitchen hutch
  • Clean kitty (and Beast) schnuffle off the windows
  • Do that load of kitty blankies that I didn't get done yesterday (I may let that go until tomorrow morning)
  • Grab some groceries tonight
It's been raining since late last night (from Nate). It's so warm and sticky around here that it's ridiculous.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My last day of freedom, must go back to work tomorrow :rolleyes2: At least the weekend will be coming up soon. Still warm and sticky.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes
  • A quick vacuum in the living room
  • Piano guy is coming this morning (I was trying to play yesterday; each key plays, just not all the time. :sigh: And it sounds horrible. I'll have to see what the estimate for tuning will be before I make any decision. Rick said last night that, in the end, it might be cheaper to buy a new-to-us (used) piano that is already tuned and is in good shape.) I also found out that I remember little of what I once knew. I can still read music and I do remember what the keys are (b-flat, f-sharp, f-a-c-e, etc.), but that's pretty much it. And trying to get both hands working together? Nope, did not happen!
And then I may flop down on the sofa with a book for the afternoon.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll slice the loaf of bread machine bread (made yesterday), open another package of vanilla sandwich cookies and put them in a plastic container with lid, and that's it. i'm also very close to completing a project that i've been working on, on and off, for several years now.

i did everything that needed doing yesterday -- went grocery shopping, got everything properly stored (some things needed vacuum sealing and/or portioning and freezing), two loads of laundry (bedding), mowed the lawn, checked the mail, and the usual daily chores. kitties also got their flea treatments yesterday -- i've been having either bites of some sort, or hives. it's hard to know which or what kind of bite, because any bug bite causes redness and swelling on me. so before going to see a doctor, and waiting at minimum 1 1/2 hours past my appointment time to actually see the...!#@&!!!, i'll do a little investigating myself. kitties all did relatively well, no freaking out when i parted their hair and applied the flea stuff to the base of the back of their neck.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We ended up taking Miss Amber into the vet last night. She hasn't been eating well, but with Amber, maybe she didn't like the way the wind was blowing....she's that weird of a kitty. We never know why she stops eating, she just does for a couple of days, then she'll start eating again like nothing was ever wrong. This went on for a few days, though, so we took her in last night. She has some dental problems. Since we can't pill her or medicate her at all, they gave her something for pain and they gave her an antibiotics shot. Did blood work, which turned out well. She goes in for a dental at the end of October, the earliest they could get her in.

And this morning? Miss Amber was out and ready to tear into breakfast! I gave her about 1/4 of a can because I didn't want to push it and have her throw up. She ate most of it and then came out later for their "before Mom goes to work" snack, too. I'll go home at lunch to make sure she's OK from the shots, but I think she'll be fine. Now the trick will be to catch her and get her in the pet carrier when it comes time for her dental. The woman can be a real wild cat when it comes times for the carrier. It won't be pretty. I tell her she's lucky she's so cute.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, separated laundry, general clean-up, grabbed a shower
  • Trash night
  • A couple loads of laundry
And I think that will be it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Didn't get the laundry done. After dinner, I helped Rick with the litter boxes and the trash. I think I was in bed and sound asleep by 7:30 or so. Woke up at 10, took my meds, and went back to bed and slept til 4:30 this morning, with only a brief awakening at 2:00 and I promptly crashed again. Rick said I must have been really tired because I barely moved all night long.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed my shower
  • Got to work and the cleaning woman was in our department, so I took Henry (our vacuum cleaner) and vacuumed my cube out while it was here
  • Really have to do the laundry that I didn't get done last night
  • Season premiere of Supernatural tonight....I'm hoping I can stay awake!
And that's pretty much it

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a few pieces of ironing to do. I am getting that first thing so I won't put it off. Two of them are new pants we bought for hubby. I have to buy a 32 inch long for him, but they have to be cut off and hemmed since pants don't come in odd length sizes. I washed them and need to iron them first so the legs will be nice and straight when I tackled the hemming project. That part might not happen today.
I also need to do some paper filing and balance the bank statement. I don't do online banking. Then I need to get some house cleaning done, busy day for me.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laundry, swap out my light summer curtains for the winter curtains (dark, heavy energy savings ones), Pets Supplies Plus for more bulk mouse food and bedding I don't expect to get anything for the cats but you never know ;)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am so thankful today is Friday. Rick didn't even want to get out of bed this morning; he stayed up after bowling to watch the Eagles win.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Didn't have time to scoop this morning, so I'll have to do that tonight
As for as I know, we have nothing planned for tonight. I'm planning on taking my iPad to bed early and reading for a while.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
finally attacked some of the vacuuming last night. library. hallway. half of living room, and half of master bedroom-this was deep cleaning-I use the soft head and get all the sides of walls and border wood where walls meet the ceiling-tons of cobwebs and dust-mind you this house gets dusty FAST. but I try to do this once a month but I admit it's been since July since I vacuumed the walls and ceiling. I wish there was an easier way but a dust mop just moves the dust around. I like the vacuum sucks up the dirt so we don't breathe it. I wish we could rip up carpets-they are getting really stained gross but with all the furniture it's just too much of a pain. besides I don't like bare floors because I can feel the grit and dirt-I would have to mop once a day-doesn't take long with animals.

Sent Jon a list of stuff that needs attending to-plumbing and insulation and small things here and there that will need to be addressed..inspection of underbelly of home needs to be done, find a guy to put in valves on all plumbing fixtures instead of only 3- one under house and toilets. Want one at all showers and sinks. Need to fix a tiny leak on back of shower/tub-probably just tighten up fixture but I want a professional to come in and do it. Jon isn't happy with that..had my toilet in master bedroom disabled for a month-told him every night to fix it. Monday calling a plumber. I hate to be a pain in the butt but if you dismantle it-fix it or leave it alone. Then call hvac guy to tune up furnace, ductwork needs vacuumed out. So November will be a busy month getting stuff taken care of before the snow flies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes. i had the wood stove going for a while earlier, to take the chill off the house.

nothing else going on today i think. oh, will pull out something from the freezer for upcoming meals today...i'm thinking stuffed peppers, or maybe some spaghetti sauce and meatballs...:think:

the project i've been working on is very near completion, nothing to do for today on that. then a short break, maybe a few days or so, and on to the next project.

Winchester Winchester -- how is your MIL doing? is she feeling better now? and, how is your Amber doing? is she continuing to eat well?

Status
Not open for further replies.