Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes. i also finished making the potato salad. later today, likely this afternoon, i'll work on the budget for a while and do some planning for a(nother) project.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I dearly love potato salad, but don't make it very often. Is your dressing mayo-based? Mine is potatoes, lots of onion, celery, and eggs with a dressing of half light mayo, half light Miracle Whip, a bit of mustard, a dash of red wine vinegar, and a good measuring of drained pickle (zucchini) relish....measured and mixed to taste. And salt and pepper; I try to go easy on salt, but I think potato salad needs a bit of salt. Gosh, I love the stuff.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped boxes, a bit of kitchen clean-up grabbed a shower
  • Dr appt at 7:30 this morning for blood work (I had to go without my coffee! :eek: )
  • Visit with Rick's mom; she is not doing well, very tired and very depressed

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ATM, then the market to pick up something I forgot about yesterday when I ws there :doh:, then double back to the supermarket for general groceries.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I dearly love potato salad, but don't make it very often. Is your dressing mayo-based? Mine is potatoes, lots of onion, celery, and eggs with a dressing of half light mayo, half light Miracle Whip, a bit of mustard, a dash of red wine vinegar, and a good measuring of drained pickle (zucchini) relish....measured and mixed to taste. And salt and pepper; I try to go easy on salt, but I think potato salad needs a bit of salt. Gosh, I love the stuff.

<snip>
  • Visit with Rick's mom; she is not doing well, very tired and very depressed
i'm sending :vibes::vibes::vibes: that your MIL feels better soon.

i make potato salad usually a couple times in each 3-month period of time. it's inexpensive, and i only like homemade -- the store bought stuff is...:cringe: yes, i add mayo as well as a little yellow mustard to mine. i dice up the carrots and celery and put it in a container, add sweet pickle relish (lots!) and chopped/sliced hard boiled eggs (that's a must for me), and pop it in the fridge, the day before doing the potatoes. i always think it best to add salt and pepper to each individual serving, but i never remember to. :dunno: the next day, i prep and boil the potatoes, drain 'em, and add 'em to the veggies mix, then add the mustard and mayo and mix it all together. i prefer my potato salad more 'dry' than too wet/runny. i like it to pretty much just hold together.

i haven't added any vinegar to it, but i've read that adding some leftover pickle juice to the water when boiling the potatoes can give good flavor to them. i've been thinking of trying that. :think:

today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and sliced a loaf of bread machine bread. i also stored the Gulf Wax (for canning) properly -- that arrived yesterday. later today, i'll work on some planning.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Thanks for the good thoughts for Rick's mother; she's got some kind of fever and she's really tired. I don't think she's really, really bad though because she called me yesterday and asked for cookies. When I asked her what kind, she said she didn't care, but could I put chocolate in them? :)

After I cook my potatoes and have drained them, I put them back into the hot pan and add a combo of white wine vinegar and olive oil...not a lot. Maybe 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar and 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil, depending on how many potatoes I'm using. Then I let the potatoes dry in the pan until the pan is just a little floury on the bottom. Take the potatoes out and let them cool, just a bit. It seems to add just a little tang. We like it that way.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher (Rick will scoop boxes when he gets up from his nap). After I'm done posting and such, I'm going out to wipe the kitchen down a bit, de-scale the Keurig and wipe down the appliances....they're all fingerprints again.
  • Errands this morning: bank, Target, Lowes
  • The cars need washed (I was going to do them last weekend and it was so unbearably hot that I bagged it). I'll wash them in the back yard, then bring them to the front yard where I can plug in the vacuum and vacuum them out. Wash the windows, clean the tires and rims, all that good stuff. It will take a while because I need to do both of them.
  • Look for an interesting cookie recipe to make some cookies for Rick's mom.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Sending your MIL lots of hugs and positive thoughts that things start to get better. Nothing worse than feeling useless on top of being ill. I so glad she is asking for cookies! A cookie makes it all go away for about..15 seconds...hope she gets better!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Thanks for the good thoughts for Rick's mother; she's got some kind of fever and she's really tired. I don't think she's really, really bad though because she called me yesterday and asked for cookies. When I asked her what kind, she said she didn't care, but could I put chocolate in them? :)

After I cook my potatoes and have drained them, I put them back into the hot pan and add a combo of white wine vinegar and olive oil...not a lot. Maybe 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar and 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil, depending on how many potatoes I'm using. Then I let the potatoes dry in the pan until the pan is just a little floury on the bottom. Take the potatoes out and let them cool, just a bit. It seems to add just a little tang. We like it that way.

<snip>
yes, it's very good that your MIL has an appetite, and that she asked for cookies!! :agree: i'm sure some of your fresh baked cookies will brighten her day! :yummy:

ahhh, that sounds great -- adding a combo of white wine vinegar and olive oil to the pan after you've drained the potatoes!

today i washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes. later this morning, my plan is to check the spacing on another portion of living room wall, then hopefully (because in an older house you just never know what the stud spacing will be, in any given wall) install cat wall furniture. after that i'll start working on a different project. i'm thinking that will be my day there. although, if i have time after doing those things, i'll get started on some other tasks that are on my 'to do' list.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, everybody, for the good wishes for my MIL. We're a little worried about her. Didn't make it up last night because Dear Richard was watching PennState. We're going up this afternoon. And I will have cookies. We're also stopping at the store; she loves this certain kind of FiberOne bar that's chocolate, so we try to keep those on hand for her, too. And a bag of mandarin oranges. No, she hasn't lost her appetite.
  • Breakfast for the kids, running dishwasher, 1.5 miles on the treadmill, Rick is scooping boxes now
  • Must bake Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pecans (and a sprinkling of sea salt). Don't those cookies even sound wonderful!? Geez, I hope they taste as good as they sound. From King Arthur. I was telling my BIL about them yesterday and I swear he moaned. He asked me to please email the recipe right away and I did. I think he's making them today, too.
  • Working on laundry now, only three loads, including the bed sheets
  • Must go over to my sister's to take care of our fur-nieces and fur-nephews: I give them some canned food, change all the water bowls, clean the litter boxes, and then sit on the chair in the kitchen with Harley, their HUGE Maine Coon. He is all black, just gorgeous and he seems very fond of his Auntie Pam. He's just a gorgeous big boy and he's quite the arm-full now. After he and I spend some time together, Harley and I can wash all the food bowls (I wash and he foofs with that tail of his) and then I leave. It takes a good 2 hours to get it all done. I keep telling my sister not to worry if she ever comes home and Harley is not there. Not to worry one little bit. He's safe with me. :) As active as he is, he would definitely give Mollipop a run for the money.
  • Work on some stuff outside. Time to rake some leaves and pick up more walnuts.
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer (and I need to really clean the bathroom as the bathroom designer is coming in Tuesday night to measure and start some kind of design. We want to get the sun tunnel and the new window installed yet before Christmas). He's also going to measure the kitchen walls for backsplash; I "think" I found something!
  • Manicure tonight

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Those cookies will be delish I am sure!

Last night got some stuff done.
Grocery shopping-felt like Italian sauce and angel hair with chicken thighs with thyme n spices...
Simmered tomato sauce for 3 hours-house smells good.
Laundry=work clothes
washed one of throw rugs-spilled chicken water on it as I was unpacking the thighs...washed the floor and counter too.
vacuumed cat litter up and the library. Need to get a place matt for where I feed pumps in there in the morning because she leaves flakes of wet tuna on the carpet.
Spot cleaned the pet stains from a cat who scoots her bum on carpet..ugg. need to ease back on miralax-such a fine line-
The joys of pet ownership.
Had to deal with a phone call that didn't turn out good. That was put to bed as well. ugg. Drama. I hate it.
that is enough for one night.

Tonight=finish vacuuming the rest of house.
partition out the food for lunch this week
put air in tires of bike I have at home-now it's cooler I want to ride after work too-need to make a plan to do some riding this month of October and November.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, yesterday i decided to focus on the other project, which i got quite a lot accomplished with. so today my focus will be completely on the cat wall furniture installing. that's the 'main event' for today. i'll move a couple bags of mozzarella cheese shred to the fridge to thaw, and will go get the mail at the post office. and must have 'salon day' for the kitties -- nail trimming, with treats for them as a 'thank you for allowing me to'. of course, i'll wash the dishes and scoop the litter boxes too.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- go for a walk
- trip to the grocery store
- laundry and start packing

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Those cookies are decadent! I love the sprinkle of sea salt.....it really sets off the sweetness of the cookie.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed my shower
  • Dr appt this morning
  • Planning Commission meeting tonight
  • Didn't have time to do the grocery list over the weekend, so I have to get that done sometime during the day today because of grocery shopping tonight
  • Must pick up yet another new prescription

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday i got the cat wall furniture installed. 3 pieces, and two of them went up quickly -- i've put up quite a few pieces, so i know what i'm doing. the third one severely tried my patience...many expletives were used by me during the install process. i followed the directions, which recommended using a toggle anchor when not installing into a stud. now, i always prefer to install into studs, but my 1880's house doesn't cooperate many times with stud spacing. so one end of the shelf needed to be installed into drywall/no stud. i swear, i'll never use a toggle anchor ever again! several hours later i chose to use wall anchors instead -- two of them, the heavy duty plastic kind. once i made that decision, the shelf went up relatively quickly and smoothly. on one of the other pieces of wall furniture, i simply drilled new holes a little closer together to fix the odd stud spacing issue -- no problem whatsoever!

here's a pic of the wall furniture installed --

SUNP0030.JPG

it was the shelf that gave me such problems. i've thought about taking apart the crate, which the girls used as their 'kitty apartment' for naps when they were kittens, but all three cats still use it so it'll stay set up -- i leave the door of it open! Punky and DeeDee have explored the new wall furniture, pretty much as soon as i'd finished installing. they love that they can look out the windows from the new pieces! our Dude hasn't tried them yet, but i'm sure he will once he's used to 'the new things'.

i left space above the shelf for the 'window walkway' i plan to create next spring/summer.

today, i'll pay the mortgage, pre-measure for a batch of pizza dough, make a phone call re another project i'm working on, and later on i'll pay a couple bills. i'm hoping to have 2 or 3 hours to sit back and watch a movie or tv shows.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom what a great job! Are the cats using the furniture at all yet? As for taking the crate apart.....um, no. As long as your kids are using it, keep it for them. Our RugKittens were born in a plastic clothes basket in our bedroom over 20 years ago (Pepe, at 21 years of age, is our last RugKitten). They slept in that clothes basket for years! We took it out to the living room and turned it on its side. Comfy pillows and some blankies.....they loved that basket. There were as many as four cats at a time in it. Banshee used to get on top of the basket and sleep that way, til her weight broke the side. And still they used it. So keep it. They obviously like it in there and it's like it's their comfort place. Just my :2cents:. Excellent job on your wall! Get some pictures of your cats using their new furniture!
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, general clean-up in the kitchen, quick shower
  • Clarence and I stopped for gas on the way into work
  • I am working over lunch today and leaving at 3:00; the bathroom "designer" is coming in to measure the bathroom and work on some kind of design for us. We need to know where we're at before we can order the sun tunnel and the new window.
  • Need to do just one load of laundry tonight

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Doing laundry right now. Run the dust mop over the wood floors. Later, I want to go to our local Hospice thrift store.
They have recently put out their fall clothing and new things. I want to check it all out. That is my way to unwind after stress. It might take me all afternoon. :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Great Job on the wall.. I would leave the crate the way it is. I leave Artie's carrier out, 24/7. He sometimes hides in it.. It it where he goes when he wants privacy.. his 'safe spot'.

Hanging around waiting for possible work to be done on the tubs.. Got a notice stating that they reglazing company would be in today to look at tubs, and then tell us as to when they would be reglazing both tubs...
The notice was very unclear. :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

I called the Super early this morning for more details.. ugh! :angryfire: Got nothing but confused from her!! They are starting on the first floor. I am on the second floor.
I told her, at 7:30am that I was ready!! Took all the stuff out of both bathrooms~~ Artie's litter boxes, mats, Litter Genie, etc....(they are in the extra room)

OMG!! so confusing.. This is supposed to be a 2 day thing, but is turning into a 3 day thing!! Seems, one day to inspect, one day for one tub, another day for other tub!!!
Why can't they just let us know when it is scheduled??? :argh::argh::argh::livid::livid::livid:
Stupidity!!!:angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman::angrywoman:

So, I am stuck, in the house, for 3 days!!!!:argh::argh::argh: :angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire: :livid: :livid::livid:
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

It is one thing, to be home because you want to, another thing to be forced to stay home.. I am not leaving Artie here by himself, when they do work.. Artie will have to be confined to his playroom/spare room. I did put all his litter stuff in there. He has adjusted to that. I am keeping it there, until things are completed.. :fuming::fuming::mad2:

I have lots of things I want to do, but am forced in here. I am not cleaning, because the workmen are just going to make a mess of things..
:fireblob::fireblob::fireblob: :yelling::yelling: :bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat:

Had my second cup of coffee, and are still tired from not sleeping well last night, getting up really early, picking things up, and now nothing to do, but wait!!:argh:

ok--done...more than 3 things....can you tell I am upset???
:soapbox:

:hijack:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom what a great job! Are the cats using the furniture at all yet? As for taking the crate apart.....um, no. As long as your kids are using it, keep it for them. Our RugKittens were born in a plastic clothes basket in our bedroom over 20 years ago (Pepe, at 21 years of age, is our last RugKitten). They slept in that clothes basket for years! We took it out to the living room and turned it on its side. Comfy pillows and some blankies.....they loved that basket. There were as many as four cats at a time in it. Banshee used to get on top of the basket and sleep that way, til her weight broke the side. And still they used it. So keep it. They obviously like it in there and it's like it's their comfort place. Just my :2cents:. Excellent job on your wall! Get some pictures of your cats using their new furniture!

<snip>
thank you! :D oh yes!! all three cats have been on the new cat wall furniture! DeeDee and Punky lay and play on them, and so far our Dude has only been on them once -- and that's great for only the day after the 'new things' were installed!

another great thing is that after installing the wall furniture i was able to do a good vacuuming behind and under where the crate stays.

yes, i'll leave the crate set up there for my three......:kneading:

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Great Job on the wall.. I would leave the crate the way it is. I leave Artie's carrier out, 24/7. He sometimes hides in it.. It it where he goes when he wants privacy.. his 'safe spot'.

<snip>
thank you! :D yup, i'll leave the crate set up and in the same location......:cutecat:

today i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, paid some bills, and did some more research online for a project i'm working on. later, probably early afternoon, i'll be making more sports drink powders -- will take the rest of the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.