My Journey Towards Better Health

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I had a friend with anorexia and remembered she had edema as well when she was being treated .. this was a long time ago and I don't remember the details, but I did google this:

edema (swelling):

This is seen especially in the ankles, feet, and around the eyes (periorbital). It is caused by hormonal changes brought on by starvation or by purging and is seen in both restricting and binge-purge subtype. Edema can also be seen as patients with anorexia begin to weight restore (refeeding edema).

This is very distressing to patients given their distorted body image and focus on shape and size. Reassurance and continued nourishment are necessary as the edema will resolve as the body heals and gains weight.

Anorexia Recovery and Overcoming the Physical Side Effects

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi OMG. This is a shock. I have been mostly gone for a while but that was just me being me. I'm so glad you came out of this alive. I hope they're going to be able to help you with the swelling. Please put yourself first. Anyone who has ever seen your posts with any regularity would miss you so much. I for one want to keep hearing about Maggie punching Demi. ;) Please keep fighting for everyone who cares, and most importantly, for yourself. You are so precious.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Just letting everyone know that I was able to make contact with her, but I don't know anything about what is wrong- I didn't have time to ask questions about how she is doing but I got to talk to her directly and yes she's still in the hospital. I will let her tell you guys what she wants to say but figured this would help give some relief that she's ok but not home.

M maggiedemi I just wanted you to know that I and everyone else was worried about you so if I overstep your boundaries I hope you can forgive me. And get better!!!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just letting everyone know that I was able to make contact with her, but I don't know anything about what is wrong- I didn't have time to ask questions about how she is doing but I got to talk to her directly and yes she's still in the hospital. I will let her tell you guys what she wants to say but figured this would help give some relief that she's ok but not home.

M maggiedemi I just wanted you to know that I and everyone else was worried about you so if I overstep your boundaries I hope you can forgive me. And get better!!!
TYSM for the update, foxxycat foxxycat .

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called around to hospitals in that Area and just wanted to leave a message with her-I didn't expect to be dispatched right to her room=so she wasn't able to talk-but wanted to know how I found her...I just used my investigative skills-but I know everyone is worried.
Yeah, the advent of the internet makes it (frighteningly!) easy to find just about anyone/anything if you know where to look.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I will call her around 6. my phone is at 13% power so will plug it in to charge then will ask her for permission to post in her place. I have a bad habit of looking up stupid things or phone numbers or just see whats in the area of someone's location...
Thank you so much for finding her! and for letting us know what is happening..

Please give her our love.

Yes, if you are able to, please let us know what is happening.

((hugs)) to MD and to you!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So glad you contacted her. When she didn't respond, my first thought was that she had been admitted. I'm so glad she was. She needs that help and support. Tell her we are all anxiously waiting to hear from her.