My Journey Towards Better Health

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's my favorite story, about them punching each other. :devilish: Awww thanks for the precious remark. You know I'm gonna like that. :redheartpump:

I didn't know that you can call right to somebody's room. I didn't mind at all. I just wanted you to call back after those vultures stopped poking me. There is this older guy with a beard and I started crying as soon as I saw him. He has never once gotten a drop of blood out of me, but yet they let him try 3 times and then he goes and gets somebody else. I begged them to just let me have the other person first, but still they let him try his 3 times. The next lady got my blood on the first try. Anyway, thanks for calling and caring. :hugs:

I will try to post a little more, but want to go to bed soon, so maybe in the morning. Love you all. :redheartpump:
I know, it's so cute and funny at the same time!

You really are. Don't forget that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are so strong! Continue with the inner strength we know you have. It is so hard to do, but We all know you can do it.
It was very hard & scary. I will tell the whole story in pieces because so much happened. :hugs:

A very wise person once told me when someone is drawing blood from you to say, "you get one chance so make it your best shot!" :biggrin:
They don't give you a choice though! They just keep doing it. It doesn't make any sense. :headshake:

I had no idea you were going through all this. Prayers and good thoughts from me & Gypsy
Thank you! I've missed you & Gypsy. :redheartpump:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a funny little story that happened right before they were going to discharge me yesterday. One of the nurses the first week I was in the hospital was showing me these breathing exercises that were totally wrong! But I didn't know that, so I go for my walk around the hospital breathing like I'm hyperventilating and all these alarms start going off all around me. They rush over to me and say I can't go home until I see the cardiac doc. They make me lay in my bed and watch the Hallmark Channel while hooked up to this machine. They told me not to breathe like that, to just breathe normally! I don't know what that girl was thinking teaching me that breathing. :headscratch:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll never believe this, but I have to drink that terrible Ensure every day. I have to drink 3 ounces 3 times a day. I had a hard time figuring out which version I was supposed to get. I bought this one in the caramel flavor:
Ensure® High Protein | Milk Chocolate Protein Shake | Ensure®

That one has 2 grams of fat. They also have this other one that has 11 grams of fat, the Butter Pecan sounds good:
Ensure Plus Nutrition Chocolate Shake | 350 Nutritious Calories
My dad had to drink them. The chocolate was not bad. Both of the ones you mentioned, were good.

Do not worry about calories. Just concentrate on getting healthy.

Try keeping the ensure in the refrigerator; it tastes better. Think of it as a milk shake!!

Glad to have you back! :yess:

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll never believe this, but I have to drink that terrible Ensure every day. I have to drink 3 ounces 3 times a day. I had a hard time figuring out which version I was supposed to get. I bought this one in the caramel flavor:
Ensure® High Protein | Milk Chocolate Protein Shake | Ensure®

That one has 2 grams of fat. They also have this other one that has 11 grams of fat, the Butter Pecan sounds good:
Ensure Plus Nutrition Chocolate Shake | 350 Nutritious Calories
The chocolate actually tastes decent.

Try keeping the ensure in the refrigerator; it tastes better. Think of it as a milk shake!!
And yeah, do that. It's much better cold.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was very hard & scary. I will tell the whole story in pieces because so much happened. :hugs:

They don't give you a choice though! They just keep doing it. It doesn't make any sense. :headshake:

Thank you! I've missed you & Gypsy. :redheartpump:
If you can, next time they draw blood, watch your veins. In my case, I'm a roller (my vein rolls away, and even though I'm very thin, it's hard to find them for some reason) so I always tell them that before they start, because it can help them strategize.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, if you are well hydrated your veins are easier to access. So drink a lot of water. My mom has hard to find veins, so she started to drink a bottle of water before a blood draw and they started finding them easier.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, if you are well hydrated your veins are easier to access. So drink a lot of water. My mom has hard to find veins, so she started to drink a bottle of water before a blood draw and they started finding them easier.
TYSM for this, kashmir64 kashmir64 ! Hope that works for you, M maggiedemi and I'll remember that in the event I have to have that done in future.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Edema can also be seen as patients with anorexia begin to weight restore (refeeding edema).

This is very distressing to patients given their distorted body image and focus on shape and size. Reassurance and continued nourishment are necessary as the edema will resolve as the body heals and gains weight.
Exactly. It's not easy for somebody with an eating disorder to be swollen everywhere. I feel like what was the point of all this? :(

Also, if you are well hydrated your veins are easier to access. So drink a lot of water.
Good idea.

Do not worry about calories. Just concentrate on getting healthy.
I just wanted to make sure I got the right variety. I'm glad that I went in to get my own prescription at Walmart. I thought it would be pretty easy for my mom to pick up, but I didn't trust her. Sure enough, she tried to convince me to get a different brand than Ensure. She said it was junk. This is one of the many reasons she got banned from my medical care. :headshake:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds really good -- I love pomegranate, don't you? And the blueberries have a lot of value as well. I hope it tastes good!
I couldn't find it in Walmart. I wonder if they are changing all the names on the varieties?